By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

January,no not the shite song by pilot....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
C03p3H6XAAE8_af.jpg

Well December wasnt too bad in the end,so we sit just 3 pts off 3rd,1 pt off 4th.This time last year we went on an excellent run,if we get a very manageable more than 9pts from this run then its all on!!15pts and the hope might kill me!!!

Also in this month
liverpool v city
everton v city
united v liverpool
liverpool v chelsea

and thats before any banana skins!!
Of course moving through in the cup would be what is expected,lets hope so and a nice home tie in the 4th round too!!

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Minimum 9 points and a 3rd round win, although in my opinion we should expect at least not to lose the Chelsea and City games. Of the 2 I'd say City is the easier. No reason why we shouldn't go through January unbeaten.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
@Flump @skiathospurs you lads mentioned what a statement the win vs the oil riggers was last year in another thread. January looks like it offers us the same opportunity this season. Lets get a win against Watford then onto the chavs.... a win against them would be huge, absolutely huge

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
@Flump @skiathospurs you lads mentioned what a statement the win vs the oil riggers was last year in another thread. January looks like it offers us the same opportunity this season. Lets get a win against Watford then onto the chavs.... a win against them would be huge, absolutely huge
You're right mate, the perception that we're still good old spurs, not got it n them when it matters, will persist unless we keep doing what's not expected. Everyone, other teams, the media and football fans, even most of our own are just waiting for us to fall away this season. Last season, whatever anyone thinks, we definitely benefited from not having Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea buzzing around us, and the fact that we couldn't get the job done despite that is pretty much all the ammunition they need to suggest they're right. Last season we had our moment and now normal service is resumed will be their line and if we lose to Chelsea they'll right us of for the title no doubt about it.
But if we beat them they can't right us off. They'll probably say nothing rather than praise us but so what. It means that in a season when Utd are better, Liverpool are much better, and Chelsea are much much better we are still there. We're closer than we think I reckon.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Time to come up with a performance... We've been doing OK while not reaching the scintillating form we became accustomed to last year... Chavs and maybe Citeh will require a serious performance.

COYS.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
You're right mate, the perception that we're still good old spurs, not got it n them when it matters, will persist unless we keep doing what's not expected. Everyone, other teams, the media and football fans, even most of our own are just waiting for us to fall away this season. Last season, whatever anyone thinks, we definitely benefited from not having Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea buzzing around us, and the fact that we couldn't get the job done despite that is pretty much all the ammunition they need to suggest they're right. Last season we had our moment and now normal service is resumed will be their line and if we lose to Chelsea they'll right us of for the title no doubt about it.
But if we beat them they can't right us off. They'll probably say nothing rather than praise us but so what. It means that in a season when Utd are better, Liverpool are much better, and Chelsea are much much better we are still there. We're closer than we think I reckon.
Tbh, the bit in bold pretty much sums up where I'm at. We are right in this thing without setting the world alight although last night was pretty impressive. If we can get a run together between now and the end of January, we could go close. That seems a strange thing to say given we've only lost 2, have a goal diff of +20 and have only conceded 13.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Tbh, the bit in bold pretty much sums up where I'm at. We are right in this thing without setting the world alight although last night was pretty impressive. If we can get a run together between now and the end of January, we could go close. That seems a strange thing to say given we've only lost 2, have a goal diff of +20 and have only conceded 13.
We used to be shit and be nowhere near the top of the table. Always 20/30+ points off top four. Now we're involved in the chase and we're playing within ourselves. We're definitely not 90's Tottenham.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
If we got ten points it wouldn't be a terrible month and anywhere between 12-15 would be great. With there being s few times when our rivals play each other I'm hoping we'll take advantage of the situation and catch up with those above us.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
It's all going to be about the mini league at the top of the table, with a few banana skins tossed in for good measure....Bournemouth away for example.

We have City in January away and Liverpool away as well, all the rest are at home,and they are the games we need to make count. If we can take 3 points off Chelsea, United and the scum we will be in a very good place indeed. Assuming we avoid the banan skins of course!!

Should be a great second half of the season....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
C1C1COBWIAAc-jg.jpg

Year of the cockerel,lets have it !!!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
We're half of one day into the new year and my family are already fed up with me wandering around the house singing 'we've got Alli, Dele Alli, I just don't think you understand...etc'

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Ok so there is a one in the year !
year of the cockerel
and its 20N17

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Ok so there is a one in the year !
year of the cockerel
and its 20N17
Do you know what...we may not have to rely on superstition, although it will help!! we are maturing year by year into a very good football team indeed. We'll have a better idea of how good by 10pm on Wednesday.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Can we have a rent boys thread @Dorset please....
I see everyone elsewhere is complaining cos nobody does a PR thread,or the OMT isnt up,
but i`ll let you off cos @Dorset is the man with them graphic thingy,and we keep winning when he does em!!

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
We're half of one day into the new year and my family are already fed up with me wandering around the house singing 'we've got Alli, Dele Alli, I just don't think you understand...etc'
Yeah my Mrs is fed up with that too.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
C2JHseCXcAAldWP.jpg

I am really trying,but already,my mind is allover next weekends game.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
C2JHseCXcAAldWP.jpg

I am really trying,but already,my mind is allover next weekends game.
That is so true....I'm so taken up with it all again I feel compelled to write something, even if it's unnecessary or doesn't make sense! Massive excited again and it's only January, we are one of the best teams in the league where riches are unbounded and Pep, Mourinho, Conte ,Wenger and Klopp all reside. This is all a. Fucking hell of an achievement. Absolutely brilliant again....

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
...and another thing, take a look at the leading scorer table, Kane is now second by a single goal behind Costa and Sanchez, 13 to 14, and Costa has just had his little tantrum, so might be toddling off. Dele has 10....bearing in mind Kane missed 5-6 games, I'd say he's doing pretty well again.

Don't tell the numpties though, they think he should be scoring a hat trick every other game.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
...and another thing, take a look at the leading scorer table, Kane is now second by a single goal behind Costa and Sanchez, 13 to 14, and Costa has just had his little tantrum, so might be toddling off. Dele has 10....bearing in mind Kane missed 5-6 games, I'd say he's doing pretty well again.

Don't tell the numpties though, they think he should be scoring a hat trick every other game.
Yep. Harry's MPG (Minutes Per Goal) is 104! That is very good, Costa is on 120 and Sanchez 127, if you were to be a total cunt with no life and were to apply those MPGs to the minutes left in the season you would probably calculate that Harry would score another 14.711535 goals in the, I don't know, let's say 1530 minutes left in the season, just a guess of course, you would and end up with about 27.7115385 goals for the season, 2.7115385 more than he got last year for the Boot Of Shininess and 1.711535 more than Aguero got in 2015.

You might also reasonably factor in an improvement on Harry's MPG because he is a slow starter (what they call a one season wonder and shite in the other place) - so if you were a really sad fuck you might apply an improvement factor of 20% and come up with a figure of 17.6538462 more goals for our Harry this season, giving him a total of 30.6538462 goals for the season - let's round that totally out of the air figure to 31. If you could be arsed checking you might even find that 31 matched the best Premier League goals in a season since the division was reduced to 20 teams in the 1995/1996 season - just guessing here of course,

Obviously I am not going to do those calculations, I have got much more interesting stuff to do on a Sunday - we're going to Tescos later!

Striker Stuff by seasons and teams

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Yep. Harry's MPG (Minutes Per Goal) is 104! That is very good, Costa is on 120 and Sanchez 127, if you were to be a total cunt with no life and were to apply those MPGs to the minutes left in the season you would probably calculate that Harry would score another 14.711535 goals in the, I don't know, let's say 1530 minutes left in the season, just a guess of course, you would and end up with about 27.7115385 goals for the season, 2.7115385 more than he got last year for the Boot Of Shininess and 1.711535 more than Aguero got in 2015.

You might also reasonably factor in an improvement on Harry's MPG because he is a slow starter (what they call a one season wonder and shite in the other place) - so if you were a really sad fuck you might apply an improvement factor of 20% and come up with a figure of 17.6538462 more goals for our Harry this season, giving him a total of 30.6538462 goals for the season - let's round that totally out of the air figure to 31. If you could be arsed checking you might even find that 31 matched the best Premier League goals in a season since the division was reduced to 20 teams in the 1995/1996 season - just guessing here of course,

Obviously I am not going to do those calculations, I have got much more interesting stuff to do on a Sunday - we're going to Tescos later!

Striker Stuff by seasons and teams
The burning question remains.....is he better than Aguero now? Ha ha

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The burning question remains.....is he better than Aguero now? Ha ha
Depends on how you define 'better' if you mean he has scored more goals or has he got a better MPG then no, of course he isn't 'better'. If on the other hand and you are not being a sarky cunt and mean will he be better when he has developed into a mature player like Ageuro and has played the same mount of time - then the answer is, how the fuck would I know?

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Depends on how you define 'better' if you mean he has scored more goals or has he got a better MPG then no, of course he isn't 'better'. If on the other hand and you are not being a sarky cunt and mean will he be better when he has developed into a mature player like Ageuro and has played the same mount of time - then the answer is, how the fuck would I know?
But I thought you knew everything Mr Messiah!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I thought he was the messiah and we are his disciples?!?!? That's what those plonkers at the other place said.
I dont think they could spell discypl,dysipcl,diskyp,....followers from what i remember

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I thought he was the messiah and we are his disciples?!?!? That's what those plonkers at the other place said.
Yes, they were correct, it's in the Bible innit? "In the end times when the orange tyrant takes his place as Satan's representative on Earth and he commands the land of the Moronians, then shall Dorset lead his discippalls out of the wilderness and into the land of beer and kebabs".

Oh those silly billys, they make me chuckle with their antics and tomfoolery!

boo

boo

Founding Member
So it's nine out of nine thus far, and who's to say it will stay like that or who's to say it will not stay like that. Or, to put it another way: To stay like that or not to stay like that.

All I know is that when I watch my team, I enjoy it.

W_D__zps9thhebw0.png