By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Juan Foyth

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
This is utter filth from Foyth. Coutinho looks like a proper mug.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I really like the bloke and I think he has huge potential. Of course there have been some wobbly games, he's only 21 and has played a gnat's fart over 900 minutes of Premier League football, but when he's good he's very, very good. Apparently he played a blinder for Argentina the other night.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member

Have to say I'm all for this. I like when centre backs shift to full backs as they are better defenders. Would give Foyth more game time for sure as even if tobs leaves Sanchez will take over the majority.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Foyth May be here for a long time. Think he is a Poch prodigy....hope he becomes truly world class, already an Argentinian International, no mean feat, eh Erik?

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

That Foyth getting done by Sonny? Best he gets megged in practice but not in games...

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I know everyone loves a good meg, but defensively it is way worse if an opponent blows straight past you. At least if you get megged you have time to re-gather yourself and the attacker still has to re-posses the ball at some speed. It really just looks cool and has a catchy name.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I know everyone loves a good meg, but defensively it is way worse if an opponent blows straight past you. At least if you get megged you have time to re-gather yourself and the attacker still has to re-posses the ball at some speed. It really just looks cool and has a catchy name.
yeah but that time VDV megged wilshire twice in 5 secs was pretty darn cool.....

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Two totally different scenarios, most of the time (if I am visualizing this correctly).
Generally speaking blowing past someone you’re not even thinking about megging them. Kick the ball past them, run around them, continue. Megging you’re close quarters, do them dirty, call them a wanker, collect and continue. I agree with the general premise of your comment, though.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Two totally different scenarios, most of the time (if I am visualizing this correctly).
Generally speaking blowing past someone you’re not even thinking about megging them. Kick the ball past them, run around them, continue. Megging you’re close quarters, do them dirty, call them a wanker, collect and continue. I agree with the general premise of your comment, though.
Thats pretty much what lamela did to andros at palace,so dirty Danny put his hand over his mouth in disbelief.A bit of dirty showboating is always good.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Correct. If there's space behind a defender to run into, and you nutmeg them, it's because they were too square to you, and it really doesn't take that much more skill than the classic touch around and go move that I remember Jurgen Klinsman always doing when I was young. If you get nutmegged at close quarters, it's more often because of genuine skill on the part of the player with the ball, like the move from Lamela skiathos just referenced. I've always said that one thing about Messi (especially when he was a little younger) that reminds me of Maradona is his ability to beat players with a quick move or two while at a dead sprint.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Best one I ever saw was a lad I played with that went pro... my pal and Matty upson were the two big hitters and my pal drew Upson in, dropped a shoulder and megged him, called it and patted him on the head as he went past, stopped the ball and meghed him again going back to where he started, laughing.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
can you believe his luck? talk about getting out at the right time. and now could win a major trophy! good for him. shame Jose told him to fuck off.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Judging by all the reports on his progress, he's massively improved and could be a legitimate upgrade on Aurier at Right Back. Although, to be fair, even I could be an upgrade on Aurier and everything still aches for me :D

It looks unlikely that we'll get him back though as there's apparently an option to make his loan deal permanent.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Which financial genius allowed a £13m buy clause in the loan deal? He only needed to get playing time and experience to start building to the very high level he could achieve. There is no fucking way on earth we would be able to buy a replacement with his ability for treble that piddling (in today's terms) amount. Levy Out!

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Another one we have completely fucked up. It was apparent to even the most casual football fan that Foyth was going to take a little bit of time.

Well now, it is apparent that the kid will be a superstar.

As far as mistakes go, even by our lofty standards this is horrendous.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
We are going to be forced to let Foyth go for almost the same amount that we paid for Doherty.

Just let that sink in.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

I completely forgot that Foyth signed a new two year contract before being sent out on loan. With The Cunt at the helm, it clearly wasn't a safeguard for someone he had future plans for, it was a safeguard from Dear Leader to ensure a transfer fee if Foyth did well.

The permanent fee is actually said to be £12.8 million, but I read that Villareal are apparently going to try and push that down based on the reasoning that Foyth wasn't wanted by the club anyway and that Foyth himself has apparently expressed a desire to stay with Villareal.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
What a super deal for the club who needs two young progressive centrebacks this is turning out to be...

Anyone with eyes could see Foyth was going to need a bit more time and that he had the potential to be a superb ball carrying CB...

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

I always rated him as a CB but apparently he's excelled as a RB at Villareal. Sessegnon has apparently also done well on his loan so you could feasibly have a back line of Foyth at RB, Rodon at CB with Toby to steer him along and Sessegnon as a LB (if Reguilon goes back to Real).

Upgrades on every position with three "new" players without having to spend a penny. Dear Leader's wet dream really.