By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Juventus H (CL) 19:45 Wed 7th March 2018

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Juventus3.jpg

OMG as you young folks say! OMG! Juventus at Wembley, does it get bigger than this? We go into this game with 2 away goals in the bag and the game all square, this is a massive opportunity. COYS!

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
This is one of those horribly nervy tummy games....a bit like Arsenal, a bit like Inter Milan and taxi for Maicon, a bit like Real Madrid. We should win shouldn't we? But will we? Will we???

And then you remember this is new Spurs, this is Pochettino's Spurs, with OOOO and Eriksen, and Mousa and Dele, with Vertonghen at the back and Dier and our full backs with Hugo captained the team.

We still might lose but not in the old way, we will fight and hopefully I'll be one amongst 85,000 others to watch us march on in Glory. After all we've played them twice this season and they haven't beaten us yet.

2-1 Spurs in a nervy game. Bring it on

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
I think they won't be fooled twice so we need to be right on it from the start and put them on the defensive. The good thing is they have to come at us which is going to work in our favour assuming everyone plays to their potential. I think it will be tight, might even be 1-1.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri has refused to rule Gonzalo Higuain out of next week's Champions League tie against Spurs amid injury fears.
The Argentina international has yet to feature for the Bianconeri since injuring his ankle in a league match with rivals Torino just over two weeks ago.
Juve had hoped that their frontman would feature in the games against Atalanta and Lazio, yet Higuain had to watch on from the sidelines with his injury still causing problems.

Following their late 1-0 win at the Stadio Olimpico last night, Allegri issued an update about his striker when speaking to the press.
He said: "Ready for London? Let's see. Somehow we will make Wednesday.
"There will be spaces, Monday we'll see for Higuain. We will also evaluate [Mario} Mandzukic.
"There is optimism, we'll play our chances. For Gonzalo and [Mattia] De Sciglio, however, we see Monday.
"They are two players that have stopped for many days, you have to recover the energies with those who played tonight and then see what conditions we will go to London."

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri has refused to rule Gonzalo Higuain out of next week's Champions League tie against Spurs amid injury fears.
The Argentina international has yet to feature for the Bianconeri since injuring his ankle in a league match with rivals Torino just over two weeks ago.
Juve had hoped that their frontman would feature in the games against Atalanta and Lazio, yet Higuain had to watch on from the sidelines with his injury still causing problems.

Following their late 1-0 win at the Stadio Olimpico last night, Allegri issued an update about his striker when speaking to the press.
He said: "Ready for London? Let's see. Somehow we will make Wednesday.
"There will be spaces, Monday we'll see for Higuain. We will also evaluate [Mario} Mandzukic.
"There is optimism, we'll play our chances. For Gonzalo and [Mattia] De Sciglio, however, we see Monday.
"They are two players that have stopped for many days, you have to recover the energies with those who played tonight and then see what conditions we will go to London."
The player who will make the biggest difference is Paolo Dybala....their very own Lionel Messi.

Make no mistake Juventus are a very very good team, they won't underestimate us twice. But we are also a very very good team. Massive game coming up....huge. Great test for us.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
They wont score...

Harry will smash them to itty bitty or...

3-0 to us...

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Son said: "I have to accept it if the gaffer doesn’t choose me, I just have to be ready if I come on or if I’m on the bench. Football is a team sport, I have to accept it and be ready to help my team-mates.”

Classy manager, classy players with the right attitude!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tough game this,not so much the opposition (who are high class) but if the players start thinking how close we are to the prize.Hopefully no fear even if they score first.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
The player who will make the biggest difference is Paolo Dybala....their very own Lionel Messi.

Make no mistake Juventus are a very very good team, they won't underestimate us twice. But we are also a very very good team. Massive game coming up....huge. Great test for us.

Yup, Dybala is an exceptional player and we’ll have to be very wary of him. Also if Costa starts, could have a few nervy moments up against Davies, that’s if he starts on the right.

However, as they now know, we have more than enough weapons for them to be afraid of. Just hope we come out the traps firing and organised.

It’s all i’m thinking about right now, well that and the Walking Dead, coming up shortly.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Yup, Dybala is an exceptional player and we’ll have to be very wary of him. Also if Costa starts, could have a few nervy moments up against Davies, that’s if he starts on the right.

However, as they now know, we have more than enough weapons for them to be afraid of. Just hope we come out the traps firing and organised.

It’s all i’m thinking about right now, well that and the Walking Dead, coming up shortly.
I don't think we need to worry about any particular players, we did all right against Ronaldo, Benzema, Isco, Modric, Kroos etc. and they're all reasonably decent players! Sure it's going to be a tough challenge, but we have proved we're up to it and I'n predicting 3-1, the same score we tuned of Real Madrid by.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
I don't think we need to worry about any particular players, we did all right against Ronaldo, Benzema, Isco, Modric, Kroos etc. and they're all reasonably decent players! Sure it's going to be a tough challenge, but we have proved we're up to it and I'n predicting 3-1, the same score we tuned of Real Madrid by.

All very true old boy, although Benzema’s complete wank!

I hope that their goal comes in the 93rd minute, so we can all have a stress free evening!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
All very true old boy, although Benzema’s complete wank!

I hope that their goal comes in the 93rd minute, so we can all have a stress free evening!
0-0 would do me. Nah, I'd be jittery as fuck, we need to go at them and get a couple of goals, they're a great side for sure but I don't think they're a big scoring team - unless they're playing Sassulo in Serie A?

We don't do bus parking so it should be a cracking game, I can't wait!

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid

They didn't underestimate us the first time. That notion is bollocks mate. Juventus watched us beat Dortmund twice, bend Madrid over at home and would be across our stellar domestic form as well. There is no way they went into that first leg thinking it was going to be anything other than a very difficult tie.

The Italian side will be very nervous. And they should be. They are rank outsiders to go through.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
They didn't underestimate us the first time. That notion is bollocks mate. Juventus watched us beat Dortmund twice, bend Madrid over at home and would be across our stellar domestic form as well. There is no way they went into that first leg thinking it was going to be anything other than a very difficult tie.

The Italian side will be very nervous. And they should be. They are rank outsiders to go through.
Ok I'll put it another way- at 2-0 up after 9 minutes they got complacent and thought they were going to win at a stroll. They allowed us into the game and we know the rest, including them missing a penalty. We need to beware of a similar mindset, I'm confident Poch won't allow it, and their best player by miles is back. We should win but it will be tight.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Who wants an easy game? Where's the thrill in parking the bus and hanging on for a draw, The famous philosopher Trotter, D (PhD Peckham) once said "He Who Dares Wins Rodney, this time next year we'll all be millionaires".

Of course it won't be easy, but that will make the win so much sweeter,. I am excited as fuck about this game, just 9 more hours of putting off the work I am supposed to be doing and.... oh fuck, oh fuck, I have to go the fucking dentist at lunchtime, fuck, fuck, fuck! Come on Spurs, do it for me, do it for my poor old gnashers, do it to ease my pain.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
The problem I have is always the same..........in spite of Poch being here and changing the attitude, training regimes and most importantly results, I still can't get rid of the little 'old Spurs' voice at the back of my head in the really big games. That one that says 'we'll snatch defeat from the jaws of victory', 'it always happens to us in the big games' it's a fucking bastard and of course it doesn't always happen, it's just a perception and I hate it. This season I think we have finally turned that corner, the big games in the league, the big games in Europe and I think it's only going to get better as a team and as a club. I just need a teeny weeny bit more proof to shut the bastard voice up for good.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The problem I have is always the same..........in spite of Poch being here and changing the attitude, training regimes and most importantly results, I still can't get rid of the little 'old Spurs' voice at the back of my head in the really big games. That one that says 'we'll snatch defeat from the jaws of victory', 'it always happens to us in the big games' it's a fucking bastard and of course it doesn't always happen, it's just a perception and I hate it. This season I think we have finally turned that corner, the big games in the league, the big games in Europe and I think it's only going to get better as a team and as a club. I just need a teeny weeny bit more proof to shut the bastard voice up for good.
The voices, I am an expert on the voices. You can cure this affliction with alcohol mate, the recommended dose is fuck loads, which can be increased to shit loads when required.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The only thing I worry about in this game is being too hyped up and getting a mental red card early doors or being out of position and getting peppered with shots because we're soooooo keen...

Needs to be a balanced professional job.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Anything can happen in a game of football, we all know that. We'll need things to go our way, refs decisions, bounce of the ball all that bollox. I want us to win this so badly and to put in a performance that makes the rest of Europe shit themselves. Im with @Don Diaz tho, I still get the voices, its part of our make up innit.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Anything can happen in a game of football, we all know that. We'll need things to go our way, refs decisions, bounce of the ball all that bollox. I want us to win this so badly and to put in a performance that makes the rest of Europe shit themselves. Im with @Don Diaz tho, I still get the voices, its part of our make up innit.
You make a good point......I wonder if the ref is on the Italian payroll, if you know what I mean. Juventus have been very successful in the past, both in the league and Cups. Mr Szymon Marciniak is Polish and I would suspect not be averse to a few quid, for a dodgy Penalty decision in the 89th minute if needs be......interesting.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
We have met Szymon before....he reffed our away leg against Real Madrid in the group stage, which ended 1-1 after awarding Real a penalty. Seems to be fairly solid.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
You make a good point......I wonder if the ref is on the Italian payroll, if you know what I mean. Juventus have been very successful in the past, both in the league and Cups. Mr Szymon Marciniak is Polish and I would suspect not be averse to a few quid, for a dodgy Penalty decision in the 89th minute if needs be......interesting.
That's my big worry about this one mate. Juventus and the Italians are past masters of playing a ref. Hope to god he's strong and we just play our game.

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
As others have said, Dybala will be a real threat - a well disciplined and organised defence will be key. Saying that they have several quality players so no point concentrating too much on one individual or we'll end up exposed in other areas. Play like we did in the last 70mins in Turin and we will have too much for them imo.

Hopefully we get going from the first whistle this time, grab the first goal of the game which will settle the fan and player nerves and then we can just play our game how we want to. Another Dembele masterclass would be luvvvvly. I'm feeling confident but also accept that when you start playing at this level one mistake or lapse of concentration can cost you!

Whatever happens, it will be a cracking match and I can't wait!! (Here's hoping there's not too much squeaky bum time!)

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
As others have said, Dybala will be a real threat - a well disciplined and organised defence will be key. Saying that they have several quality players so no point concentrating too much on one individual or we'll end up exposed in other areas. Play like we did in the last 70mins in Turin and we will have too much for them imo.

Hopefully we get going from the first whistle this time, grab the first goal of the game which will settle the fan and player nerves and then we can just play our game how we want to. Another Dembele masterclass would be luvvvvly. I'm feeling confident but also accept that when you start playing at this level one mistake or lapse of concentration can cost you!

Whatever happens, it will be a cracking match and I can't wait!! (Here's hoping there's not too much squeaky bum time!)
Yeah, after all we've played Ronaldo and chums twice this season and not lost yet, and beat Juventus at Wembley pre-season.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Some highlights from Mr Magic.

After four years, the next step is to try to be consistently in the top four and, if we can, fight with these big sides that were on another level, by trying to be competitive with different tools.

We are going to compete, and at the same time try to enjoy, because it’s a game to enjoy. I think that’s fantastic. We need to think we can win – we always think in this way – and then what happens will be a consequence of our performance. If we are capable of performing in the way that we are normally used to doing, I’m sure tomorrow we will be close to a win and advancing to the next stage.

We need to feel free. If we do that and enjoy the game we will perform nearly at our best or at our best and if we do then we will have the chance to win. At the end of the season we will see and assess the season but the confidence and the maturity is there and we are in good form and we are going to try and achieve big things if we follow this same way.

What does Son need to do to start this game? He needs his manager to pick him.

and that is why we currently have a brilliant manager and perfect fit for our great club

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Why didn't someone tell me today is Tuesday? I've had an extra nervous day thinking it was Wednesday today, when is it Wednesday? Did you nick my slippers?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
So I'm sitting here watching PSG vs Real Madrid...and the thought strikes me, as I watch arguably some of the best players in Europe that I might want to argue. There's Ronaldo ok fair enough And Mbappe, he's good and maybe about 1 or 2 others but we have Kane probably the best striker in Europe at present, and Eriksen and Dele and Jan and Hugo and Mousa of course. Add in the full backs and Dier and a few others like the South Korean dynamo and we can take on any of these teams and win.....nothing to fear tomorrow except fear itself. COYS