By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Leicester City (A) PL Sat 21st September 2019 12:30

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

An away win is needed! We haven't had one of them in the Premier League since January. Since beating Watford 2-1 on the 30th January we have played 8 away Premiership games, losing 6 and drawing 2. Another performance like last weekend against Palace will do very nicely.

Reactions: Yid
Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I'm going to this one so a nice win to give us back to back wins for this time this season and get us on a roll. I imagine and hope both Rise and Aurier will start, as will Sonny. Tough game though but whatever happens we've got what I expect to be three of thr toughest away games this season out of the way. COYS!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
There's a whole bunch of doom merchants everywhere you look moaning about a 2-2 draw last night. Fair enough Eriksen and others had a poor game, but we rotated the squad and had a few not fully match fit in a difficult match. Move on.

This will also be difficult and I hope the lads had a good flight back because there's not much turnaround time. It's a shame we're not Liverpool, because we would probably have got a late kick off or a game on Sunday, hey ho. It's the early game on saturday so fuck 'em. Let's go and play like we really want it and get the win. Tough for Dele to get back in the team at the moment, I like Lamela and Son's energy. Eriksen owes the team one after last night and we should play a right back, in the right back slot. All of that and a bit of luck and we win 2-1 I reckon.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
There's a whole bunch of doom merchants everywhere you look moaning about a 2-2 draw last night. Fair enough Eriksen and others had a poor game, but we rotated the squad and had a few not fully match fit in a difficult match. Move on.

This will also be difficult and I hope the lads had a good flight back because there's not much turnaround time. It's a shame we're not Liverpool, because we would probably have got a late kick off or a game on Sunday, hey ho. It's the early game on saturday so fuck 'em. Let's go and play like we really want it and get the win. Tough for Dele to get back in the team at the moment, I like Lamela and Son's energy. Eriksen owes the team one after last night and we should play a right back, in the right back slot. All of that and a bit of luck and we win 2-1 I reckon.
Felt we could have done better yesterday tbh, but as you say we move on. Think we'll be weel up for Saturday and I think Rose and Aurier (I'm actually saying that) will make a difference too. Bit more pace and width, Son, Lamela, and Eriksen behnd Kan and we'll be fine.

Is anyone going to this one?

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.

I didn't actually see the game but yeah read a few gloomy tweets, i'm starting to think it wasn't all about the 2-2 draw last night, i think it's probably just an exaggerated reaction because of the way we've played for the last 18 or so games. The cl kinda glossed over the fact there's probably been more dross in terms of the passing and the lack of creativity in that period than any other period under Poch and the whole situation with Eriksen, Toby and Jan can't help, plus you've got Poch not really knowing his best XI due to injuries etc yet, there's still so much shit going on off the pitch, i'm actually finding it a little weird at the moment. Personally, i think we need to get a decent run of performances under our belts and that would make me ultimately happy, coz this team is struggling a bit in terms of performances. Thing is though, we've actually only lost once this season, and unbeaten against City and the Arse away, so it's absolutely fine..

I'll be over the moon, if we just go there, play some decent stuff and come away with the points or battle our way to it with real fight. Be awesome to get a win with a really good performance though. COYS!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
We are so shit that even if we win tomorrow we will only be 2nd in the table.If Kane scores it will be 5 in 6 PL games.Cant wait for this crisis to end.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I love how Pool getting rinsed in Naples and the Chavs losing at home is now big deal, but us drawing our second toughest CL away match is the end of the world. The press really do not like us much.

Whatevs, with Son, Rose, Aurier, Sissoko, and Lamela pretty well rested we should be able to eek out the 3 points from this one. Their defense is weak. Get a goal. Protect the lead. Win match. Seems so simple.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
The press and much of the media in general are really just a bunch of cunts who need to sell clicks and papers. Wipe your arse with the tabloids, it's all bollocks and they know fuck all about what their talking about.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The press and much of the media in general are really just a bunch of cunts who need to sell clicks and papers. Wipe your arse with the tabloids, it's all bollocks and they know fuck all about what their talking about.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
We are so shit that even if we win tomorrow we will only be 2nd in the table.If Kane scores it will be 5 in 6 PL games.Cant wait for this crisis to end.
While I understand the sentiment of what you're saying, you cant ignore the fact that we've stepped down a level from where we were and where we need to be if we want to be at the pointy end of the league.

I personally agree with you and I think we've simply started slowly, but the off field horse shit that's hung around seems to have tainted this season so far and we dont seem to be able to shake off the naysayers and drag out performances to shut them up.

3 points in the same fashion as last weekend will give us a chance to consolidate and limit their ammunition.

COYS.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
While I understand the sentiment of what you're saying, you cant ignore the fact that we've stepped down a level from where we were and where we need to be if we want to be at the pointy end of the league.

I personally agree with you and I think we've simply started slowly, but the off field horse shit that's hung around seems to have tainted this season so far and we dont seem to be able to shake off the naysayers and drag out performances to shut them up.

3 points in the same fashion as last weekend will give us a chance to consolidate and limit their ammunition.

COYS.
We definitly havent got our mojo working yet,but are we worse so far than chelsea,united,arsenal or are just a target for every prick pundit on sky/bt/bbc,every arse wiping rag of a paper,talkshite radio,etc.Its hardly crisis i am just up to here with the anti spurs media,anti poch from some spurs fans,its almost like we didnt make the european cup final months back,and now we are shite.Even if we lose to leicester,we are gonna have a run undefeated,consecutive wins and pull away from most teams around us.Its all this knee jerk reaction.because for 2 games we came back from the dead,and really city/ajax were miracles,and now we drew 2 games from 2 nil up we are shite.No doubt if we had come from 2 down to draw those 2 games the perception would be we are awesome again eh??

I dont think anyone has consistantly played well so far,especially the teams i mentioned,i dont think arse,man u can improve much,chelsea can certainly get a lot worse now the fat frank bounce is over.Cant disagree we havent played as well as we should,but one result home to newcastle if that was reversed everyone would be talking challenging for the title,and thats just after 5 games.Media can get fucked and we should stop wetting the bed until some real scary shit happens.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
We definitly havent got our mojo working yet,but are we worse so far than chelsea,united,arsenal or are just a target for every prick pundit on sky/bt/bbc,every arse wiping rag of a paper,talkshite radio,etc.Its hardly crisis i am just up to here with the anti spurs media,anti poch from some spurs fans,its almost like we didnt make the european cup final months back,and now we are shite.Even if we lose to leicester,we are gonna have a run undefeated,consecutive wins and pull away from most teams around us.Its all this knee jerk reaction.because for 2 games we came back from the dead,and really city/ajax were miracles,and now we drew 2 games from 2 nil up we are shite.No doubt if we had come from 2 down to draw those 2 games the perception would be we are awesome again eh??

I dont think anyone has consistantly played well so far,especially the teams i mentioned,i dont think arse,man u can improve much,chelsea can certainly get a lot worse now the fat frank bounce is over.Cant disagree we havent played as well as we should,but one result home to newcastle if that was reversed everyone would be talking challenging for the title,and thats just after 5 games.Media can get fucked and we should stop wetting the bed until some real scary shit happens.
To me the story is that we've by and large gotten results even though we've been playing poorly. Whether we start playing well and kick on I have no idea. I generally ignore the crisis talk, both when its aimed at us and at other clubs. Either way, this is a big one, and I think Poch had an eye on this one when he picked the team for Wednesday. After this, though, there's a run of games you'd expect us to win (not including Bayern away) and as someone was pointing out, we'll have our away dates at Liverpool, Arsenal, and Man City out of the way by the end of October.

We were poor at Olympiakos, but honestly, beat them and Red Star at home, and probably even draw in Belgrade, and we're home and hosed for the second round. I'd back us to beat Bayern at home as well.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Yo

COYS.
You see this is what I don’t quite understand. What level have we stepped down from? We are once again in the Champions League, we are once again at the ‘pointy’ end of the league, only this season we have three new signings and a shiny new stadium. We’ve lost one bad game at home to Newcastle whilst City lost to newly promoted Norwich and we drew sluggishly away in an environment where no one else has ever won, let alone score a goal and we got two.

What is wrong exactly.....? Don’t rush I’ll wait.......

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
To me the story is that we've by and large gotten results even though we've been playing poorly. Whether we start playing well and kick on I have no idea. I generally ignore the crisis talk, both when its aimed at us and at other clubs. Either way, this is a big one, and I think Poch had an eye on this one when he picked the team for Wednesday. After this, though, there's a run of games you'd expect us to win (not including Bayern away) and as someone was pointing out, we'll have our away dates at Liverpool, Arsenal, and Man City out of the way by the end of October.

We were poor at Olympiakos, but honestly, beat them and Red Star at home, and probably even draw in Belgrade, and we're home and hosed for the second round. I'd back us to beat Bayern at home as well.
This is a very decent leicester team,at their ground,any win will be superb and the kick on we need,and also a draw or loss will not be the end of it for our season.I think why people support teams has become lost in the banter era.Only one of 92 will win the top league,only 4 qualify for CL through league position,2 domestic cups and a european cup the other things to aim for..82 of the other league clubs will not even dare dream of playing thursday night hotdog fc football,but top half of the PL has become failure??Self entitled divine rights dont exist in sport,fine aim for the moon be disappointed if you dont get there,but this constant gnashing and wailing after individual results,fuck me its football,this shit happens.And its May when you see whats what,not september,or even march.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
seems like no dele,sanchez or hugo.
tanganga and parrot travelled.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Lloris has had to return back to London because his Mrs has just given birth.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Leicester XI: Schmeichel, Pereira, Evans, Soyuncu, Chilwell, Barnes, Tielemans, Ndidi, Perez, Maddison, Vardy
Substitutes: Ward, Justin, Morgan, Gray, Albrighton, Choudhury, Praet

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
That is outrageous Harry. Just stop it.

Lamela playing quite a game here.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
that VAR decision was bullshit. Son was off because of his arm? he was on. fuck that

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Our inability to close out games after leading is now a massive problem.

This has been diabolical ever since our second was chalked off.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Fuck this.

We’re not a factor this season and will be lucky to finish in the top 4.

Bog fucking average football team is what we are right now with far too many players performing nowhere near the best.

Winks, Rose, N’dombele, Sissoko and Son were all awful today. Eriksen offered zero when he came on.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
And thats the way the cookie crumbles.....

Decent game to watch for the neutral,some really questionable ref&VAR decisions though.

M

Marjul52

Player in Training.
Gazzaniga, sissoko, Lamela, Rose and Wanyama how many chances are they given before it is realised they are just not good enough if we want to become a top team?
I have been a Spurs supporter for over 50 years and always will be so I am well used to being let down as a loyal supporter
After watching this current team, Poch’s comment this is not the best team is certainly true.
We may have an amazing ground, but the team leave a lot to be desired.
How did Liverpool overtake us so quickly easily and comprehensively?
I fear for us for the rest of the season.
I have never really used or made comments on forums but I feel so frustrated at our current position and team I felt for my own sanity I needed to get this out of the system.
I am sure the players and their immoral wages will manage to have a good week, do they really care and if so why do they keep offering these performances.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
And thats the way the cookie crumbles.....

Decent game to watch for the neutral,some really questionable ref&VAR decisions though.
Hmmmm the cookie is crumbling a bit too much though sometimes. We need to get back to not conceding after leading. Easier said than done maybe but something doesn’t seem quite right.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Hmmmm the cookie is crumbling a bit too much though sometimes. We need to get back to not conceding after leading. Easier said than done maybe but something doesn’t seem quite right.
Yes. A lot of people are having a pop at Poch for sticking on Wanyama, who was very poor, but this is becoming ridiculous. As soon as Serge's goal was disallowed, you could almost see it coming.

As an aside, I honestly can't work out how Son was offside. Pointless to complain about it, especially as we've benefited from similarly questionable decisions, but still.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Yes. A lot of people are having a pop at Poch for sticking on Wanyama, who was very poor, but this is becoming ridiculous. As soon as Serge's goal was disallowed, you could almost see it coming.

As an aside, I honestly can't work out how Son was offside. Pointless to complain about it, especially as we've benefited from similarly questionable decisions, but still.

100%. Saw it scored. Bullshit called back, and knew they would score soon after and then i walked away (workign on saturdays sucks) to work and i knew that we had lost before i even saw the FT score

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Yo
You see this is what I don’t quite understand. What level have we stepped down from? We are once again in the Champions League, we are once again at the ‘pointy’ end of the league, only this season we have three new signings and a shiny new stadium. We’ve lost one bad game at home to Newcastle whilst City lost to newly promoted Norwich and we drew sluggishly away in an environment where no one else has ever won, let alone score a goal and we got two.
What is wrong exactly.....? Don’t rush I’ll wait.......
Yo.....?
Hang on, you genuinely think were playing how we can/should be?
The level I am talking about is the one where we challenged for the title on and off over the season and mixed it properly. When we over achieved maybe? You cant take those games or even this season in isolation this has been going on for a while now and we have had the CL final gloss over a lot of shite imo.
We have either gone backwards or stood still while others have moved on and the performances show us that. The amount of games we have lost at the end of last and start of this season is a step down from where I hoped we would be. I'd wager it's a step down from where the players and club want to be also.
I have said time and time again it's the performances that I want. I dont care if we loose as long as we loose against a better side who deserve their win.
Something isnt right, that tight team ethic and graft for the system/project doesn't seem to be there.
Like you have said 3+ players, preseasons in most of them, a summer to work on tactics, new home ground.....
It doesnt all add up.
I haven't seen the game so cant comment on anything other than the result.... the result is shit, we lost after taking the lead.