By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Liverpool (H) PL Thurs 28th Jan 20:00

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The poch years have spoiled it for me... I'm watching this game and just thinking that we look way off the Liverpool side and well..... Spursy.

No back up option from our manager, no alternative way of winning a game. That's not good enough... he is a cunt.

And to think Levy is gonna allow him to buy his way to success after a global pandemic you have to be kidding yourself.

What would you do as a world class player in this side... Kane, Son, Hoijberg....? Would I waste my time finishing mid table?

Yeah I'm a knee Jerky cunt.... so fucking what...!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
This is actually very cathartic for me. I don't have to care about this side anymore. At least not live and die with each game. It's entertainment. Like watching a sitcom but with funnier names and punchlines.
I on the other hand fell sound asleep for the last few minutes and awakened refreshed and ready to shitpost about our spunktrumpet of a manager.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I on the other hand fell sound asleep for the last few minutes and awakened refreshed and ready to shitpost about our spunktrumpet of a manager.
You are a lucky man.

The sad thing is that the League Cup, Europa League, and top 4 are all within reach, but this season feels hopeless. Won't even have the satisfaction of Mourinho getting canned.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
The poch years have spoiled it for me... I'm watching this game and just thinking that we look way off the Liverpool side and well..... Spursy.

No back up option from our manager, no alternative way of winning a game. That's not good enough... he is a cunt.

And to think Levy is gonna allow him to buy his way to success after a global pandemic you have to be kidding yourself.

What would you do as a world class player in this side... Kane, Son, Hoijberg....? Would I waste my time finishing mid table?

Yeah I'm a knee Jerky cunt.... so fucking what...!

Mate, it would be kneejerk if it didn't happen every fucking week.

Mourinho is everything that is wrong with football.

I hope he gets genital warts.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
With the team Liverpool put out there it is an indictment that we couldn't match it with them.

The buck stops with the cunt who manages the team. I refuse to blame defensive errors. Mourinho has learned nothing.
When he came we were assured that he would cut out the defensive errors and make our side more ruthless in the games that mattered. He has obviously failed to do that, and what we're left with is a team with all the negativity and dour football you'd associate with Mourinho with none of the professionalism and nous.

Like the rest of you, what I'm seeing is a team with a lack of any ideas whatsoever when Plan A isn't working. And Plan A ain't so fucking great either.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Yes there were individual errors all over the pitch. Dier & Lloris were very sloppy and Doherty was awful. BUT, (and I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record) but this is a result of the work of Jose...end of. Wrong team selection...defensive formation from the start. We've got Toby on the bench, but we play a left back as a 3rd centre half and a right footed right back as a left wing back instead. We sit back and invite those cunts on...again! This is a team that hadn't scored in 2021. Have only won 1 from 6 and yet, they come here and bully us....again! Why ? JOSE! Get him the fuck out of this club NOW!

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
And now Kane has injured both ankles and is likely to be out for several weeks.

How's Mourinho's only fucking plan looking now? Who's going to fucking execute it?

Cunt.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
VAR could easily have decided that Son was denied a clear goal scoring opportunity.

1611877777091.png

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
That's a good sign... he gives a fuck and that cunt has lost the dressing room...!!!

I smell an uprising.
...just waiting for the vote of confidence from Levy and then he's toast! What a fucker of a phrase that is, I like toast, with the top part of Lidl's strawberry jam, peanut butter and banana, marmite, or just butter - always a huge amount of butter, not fucking Flora like Mrs D has or a pathetic scraping of butter, fucking loads of butter. So, I will rephrase my previous comment, when Levy says Moronio's job is safe, then he is okra.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
...just waiting for the vote of confidence from Levy and then he's toast! What a fucker of a phrase that is, I like toast, with the top part of Lidl's strawberry jam, peanut butter and banana, marmite, or just butter - always a huge amount of butter, not fucking Flora like Mrs D has or a pathetic scraping of butter, fucking loads of butter. So, I will rephrase my previous comment, when Levy says Moronio's job is safe, then he is okra.
The bastard love child of Okra, Sardines and the bottom bit of Liddl strawberry jam on TOAST...!!!

Disgusting weird food combo cunt.......OUT...!!!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Incidentally I do think I am having some kind of psychological breakdown... I though I was good, but no the voices are saying horrible things again.

Oh, and I managed to watch 63 seconds of the post match comments from HOSEY and he picked apart the individual errors which are evident and professed his tactics to have been perfect.

He is a solid gold, diamond encrusted cunt that bloke and I blame Levy for another poor business decision.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
In all the shit decisions the root cause is Levy so we know where we need to appoint blame.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I'm not going to bother massively elaborating on the above, I could type my frustration all day, but it's all been said before.

I'm afraid the recent enjoyment of Leeds, Brentford, Sheffield United and Wycombe (eventually) was embarrassingly snubbed out last night. We were awful, from the manager down, Hojbjerg excepted. We simply don't have the quality and because of the tactics are one dimensional - long ball forward to chase. Liverpool brought on three kids in the second half because there was no threat. The loss of Kane was significant.

In short we're just not good enough, even against lesser opposition to let teams come onto us. Average teams like Palace, Wolves or Newcastle will score eventually, good teams will score two or three. I'm aware of the City exception that proves the rule.

It's a shame because he's a god lad but Winks isn't good enough for the top of this league, nor are several others, and Lamela with his embarrasingly one footedness would never be anywhere near a team I managed. If we really want to succeed at this then we need to invest in the talent to do so.

It's time for some people to own up to their deficiencies, they know who they are.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I'm not going to bother massively elaborating on the above, I could type my frustration all day, but it's all been said before.

I'm afraid the recent enjoyment of Leeds, Brentford, Sheffield United and Wycombe (eventually) was embarrassingly snubbed out last night. We were awful, from the manager down, Hojbjerg excepted. We simply don't have the quality and because of the tactics are one dimensional - long ball forward to chase. Liverpool brought on three kids in the second half because there was no threat. The loss of Kane was significant.

In short we're just not good enough, even against lesser opposition to let teams come onto us. Average teams like Palace, Wolves or Newcastle will score eventually, good teams will score two or three. I'm aware of the City exception that proves the rule.

It's a shame because he's a god lad but Winks isn't good enough for the top of this league, nor are several others, and Lamela with his embarrasingly one footedness would never be anywhere near a team I managed. If we really want to succeed at this then we need to invest in the talent to do so.

It's time for some people to own up to their deficiencies, they know who they are.
I actually think we have a fair bit of quality in the squad, but they're not being used in ways that make sense. Allowing teams on to us is a tactical decision that doesn't allow us to use that quality. These players are more than capable of dominating games. If anything, IMO this squad is better than the one Poch had for his last two seasons--he'd have killed to have a player like Hojbjerg in particular.

I'm not denying there are some holes in the squad. I don't really rate Aurier, and agree that we can improve on Winks. Dier and Rodon were obviously exposed a fair bit last night. But really every squad in the league other than maybe Man City has a weakness at the moment. My problem is that we have a manager who plays in a way that is A) shit and boring; B) cynical; and C) almost tailor-made to expose our weaknesses.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I actually think we have a fair bit of quality in the squad, but they're not being used in ways that make sense. Allowing teams on to us is a tactical decision that doesn't allow us to use that quality. These players are more than capable of dominating games. If anything, IMO this squad is better than the one Poch had for his last two seasons--he'd have killed to have a player like Hojbjerg in particular.

I'm not denying there are some holes in the squad. I don't really rate Aurier, and agree that we can improve on Winks. Dier and Rodon were obviously exposed a fair bit last night. But really every squad in the league other than maybe Man City has a weakness at the moment. My problem is that we have a manager who plays in a way that is A) shit and boring; B) cynical; and C) almost tailor-made to expose our weaknesses.
You have to be able to pass the ball to one of your own team mates. Basic stuff. How often did we give the ball away last night, Dier and Winks in particular and I hate calling out players, it's a team game. Everyone knows my feelings on Aurier, Hojbjerg is an exception and our best defender was left on the bench.

i'm sorry I just don't have the appetite to carry on at length but i would imagine it to be obvious to play to your strengths - as you suggest. so what would have been wrong with Doherty, Toby, Dier Rodon Davies, if you wanted to play a back 5 in the first place. Then Sissoko, N'Dombele, Hojbjerg to match 3 v 3 in midfield (where they were weak anyway) and son and Kane up front. Its really fucking simple isn't it and gives flexible options. Then let the team play, so that the entire Liverpool team doesn't camp in our half.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
You have to be able to pass the ball to one of your own team mates. Basic stuff. How often did we give the ball away last night, Dier and Winks in particular and I hate calling out players, it's a team game. Everyone knows my feelings on Aurier, Hojbjerg is an exception and our best defender was left on the bench.
Yes, this part was especially ridiculous. Leaving fucking Toby Alderweireld on the bench against their front three.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
While Aurier was clearly way out of position on the first goal, Dier, Lloris, Davies (for playing him onside) and even Rodon all shit the bed at the same time. Yes, Aurier mistakes lead to goals, but singling him out on that one is a bit rich. Especially given that the next two goals (Lloris and Rodon) were even more clear individual errors than Auriers' (which was still fucking awful to be fair). Basically, Mourinho is just an ass hat who refuses to take responsibility.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
We don't have enough quality in the squad, or anything near it! Kane & Son have been winning games themselves in the early part of the season, but look what happens when they're not hitting the net ? Fuck all! We've been carried to a great extent by the two brilliant strikers we have, but a big portion of the rest of squad is very average imo...

Aurier = Lacks concentration, gets out of position alot
Doherty = A big let down since signing
Dier = Not bad at all, but think he just doesn't have that extra bit of composure and dominance.
Rodon = Good prospect, but too raw yet
Sanchez = Bambi on ice, too nervy.
Winks = Trys, but that's it.
Bergwijn = Again, decent but doesn't do it for me like Lennon used to. There's spark missing.
Bale = Immensely talented but no interest, no commitment, no future.
Dele = Head went a long time ago, Sadly I fear his time has passed here and he needs to move on.
Lamela = Constantly out injured from trapped wind and menopausal symptoms.

That's alot of so called quality that are just not up to it...oh..I missed one..

JOSE MOURINHO.

Big clear out needed including the manager for me. I'd give Parker a shot and see what he can do. At least he'll have a go...

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
We don't have enough quality in the squad, or anything near it! Kane & Son have been winning games themselves in the early part of the season, but look what happens when they're not hitting the net ? Fuck all! We've been carried to a great extent by the two brilliant strikers we have, but a big portion of the rest of squad is very average imo...

Aurier = Lacks concentration, gets out of position alot
Doherty = A big let down since signing
Dier = Not bad at all, but think he just doesn't have that extra bit of composure and dominance.
Rodon = Good prospect, but too raw yet
Sanchez = Bambi on ice, too nervy.
Winks = Trys, but that's it.
Bergwijn = Again, decent but doesn't do it for me like Lennon used to. There's spark missing.
Bale = Immensely talented but no interest, no commitment, no future.
Dele = Head went a long time ago, Sadly I fear his time has passed here and he needs to move on.
Lamela = Constantly out injured from trapped wind and menopausal symptoms.

That's alot of so called quality that are just not up to it...oh..I missed one..

JOSE MOURINHO.

Big clear out needed including the manager for me. I'd give Parker a shot and see what he can do. At least he'll have a go...

Think looking through your poor player list the issue is quite evident. We have a manager that wants to absorb pressure and defend and half our defenders are in your list lol!

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I think Eric Dier gets off light. He has no idea what is going on once his attacker is behind him. His peripheral vision is terrible and he is awful on the ball. I know Aurier lost his man (Sadio Mane can do that to anyone) but that goal was 70% on Dier from my point of view. Yes, Lloris could have got there but when the ball is in your 6 yard box and there is any doubt, a defender's job is to hoof the thing into the second tier. Dier had zero awareness of Firmino when his number one job is to be aware of where the danger is.

Honestly, I like him. But I like him in the same way that I liked Michael Dawson. They are both genuine about wanting to win. They both give their best but Dier is no better than Dawson, who was a good but very limited player. He's not and never will be a top level footballer.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Just to ram home how fucking appalling we are at the moment, which I blame entirely on the soulsucking demon Moron-io, the Dippers lost again last night, the only win they have achieved in 8 fucking games was their win over us.

Levy out, Moron-io out.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I think Eric Dier gets off light. He has no idea what is going on once his attacker is behind him. His peripheral vision is terrible and he is awful on the ball. I know Aurier lost his man (Sadio Mane can do that to anyone) but that goal was 70% on Dier from my point of view. Yes, Lloris could have got there but when the ball is in your 6 yard box and there is any doubt, a defender's job is to hoof the thing into the second tier. Dier had zero awareness of Firmino when his number one job is to be aware of where the danger is.

Honestly, I like him. But I like him in the same way that I liked Michael Dawson. They are both genuine about wanting to win. They both give their best but Dier is no better than Dawson, who was a good but very limited player. He's not and never will be a top level footballer.
You might be 100% right I couldn't possibly comment because I'm trying to not hit on the players unless they absolutely deserve it. 1 thing that Dier and Alderweireld and Hojbjerg do is give it all to the best of their ability and Dier still has some goodwill left for me, after the 'battle of the bridge', where he was clearly trying to maim Chelsea players, Fabregas in particular.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
You might be 100% right I couldn't possibly comment because I'm trying to not hit on the players unless they absolutely deserve it. 1 thing that Dier and Alderweireld and Hojbjerg do is give it all to the best of their ability and Dier still has some goodwill left for me, after the 'battle of the bridge', where he was clearly trying to maim Chelsea players, Fabregas in particular.
To be fair... respect is due for that...!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
To be fair... respect is due for that...!
Dozy Dier lost a bit more credibilty last night, tried to fire a chip over Hugo with a back pass and he gave away the stupid penalty. Made a couple of good blocks though.