By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Manchester City A [PL] 17:30 Sat 21st January 2017

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
2017-01-21-Manchester-City-vs-Tottenham-Hotspur_zpssoc2uj1u.png

Nice and early with this one, I don't want to get nagged by certain folks here who can't wait 5 minutes!

Remember the start of the season when everyone was all "oh no Guardiola is coming we are all doomed!" then they won their first 6 and the world and his dog thought the title race was over. It seems that those gloomy predictions were a tad premature.

This will be a nice test, which we will pass of course. We have won our last 6, 7 would be a Premiership record for us - yeah, boring another record broken! 4 of those last 6 have been at home and our 2 away wins were against Southampton and Watford, so now is the time to show we can beat the ex-big boys away from the Lane.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
The time will come when it won't be described as getting carried away when we think we will win a tough game like this. Personally, I make us favourites for this one. 2-0

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
From what I saw today,they looked leggy,dis-spirited,flawed tactically playing from the back.However they still cost half a billion and know if they lose this its allover for the title and probably top 4 gets almost too difficult,so they have to pull something out.
I just cant see yaya handling dembele&wanyama and we will pick pocket their defence if they carry on trying to always play from the back.We owe them still for that ballotelli penalty after he stamped scotty p.I`ve never fancied our chances more up there.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Looking forward to this game and fancy our chances too. It won't be easy as I'm sure they'll get a right bollocking for today's result. They lost at home to Leicester (I think) the week before they played us at the Etihad last season and were much better against us the next week but did that stop us winning? Did it fuck... We are better this season and I don't think they are any better at the moment to be honest, but like @skiathospurs said, their squad cost half a billion so they can't that bad. Defensively they are poor and the keep isn't good either so pepper the goal with shots and penalty area with crosses and they will struggle but on the other hand if you give them any space near our goal they will punish us as they no doubt have the attacking threat.

Any idea how long Fernandinho is out for? He's the man in the middle that does the dirty work for them and breaks up opposition play. Without him they ain't the same team.

I've been given a free ticket to this but will have to sit with the City fans. Won't be as bad as sitting with opposite fans usually is as I'll be with a group of friends and not alone but it's still not the same as being with the yids even if I wouldn't be with anyone I know. I might not be able to go yet anyway what with the baby now overdue and us not having a fucking clue when it is coming!!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Looking forward to this game and fancy our chances too. It won't be easy as I'm sure they'll get a right bollocking for today's result. They lost at home to Leicester (I think) the week before they played us at the Etihad last season and were much better against us the next week but did that stop us winning? Did it fuck... We are better this season and I don't think they are any better at the moment to be honest, but like @skiathospurs said, their squad cost half a billion so they can't that bad. Defensively they are poor and the keep isn't good either so pepper the goal with shots and penalty area with crosses and they will struggle but on the other hand if you give them any space near our goal they will punish us as they no doubt have the attacking threat.

Any idea how long Fernandinho is out for? He's the man in the middle that does the dirty work for them and breaks up opposition play. Without him they ain't the same team.

I've been given a free ticket to this but will have to sit with the City fans. Won't be as bad as sitting with opposite fans usually is as I'll be with a group of friends and not alone but it's still not the same as being with the yids even if I wouldn't be with anyone I know. I might not be able to go yet anyway what with the baby now overdue and us not having a fucking clue when it is coming!!!
Fernando is definitely out for this game and I think 2 more after. he was a very naughty boy getting 3 red cards in 6 matches? What a prawn.

EDIT: Can yo hear the drums Fernandino? No? That's because you're sitting at home watching the other bloke Fernando play!

Fernando is NOT suspended, the other bloke is!

Last edited:
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The games keep getting bigger and bigger for us.

Let's keep our form and performances up as to be honest it seems like we have only just hit our stride. Win number 7 out of at least 15 would be fucking lovely juberly.

Verts out doesn't bother me too much as Dier and the rest of the squad will fill in seamlessly.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Fernando is definitely out for this game and I think 2 more after. he was a very naughty boy getting 3 red cards in 6 matches? What a prawn.
I thought it was Fernandinho? They've got a bloke called Fernando as well though so now I'm bloody confised who it is, I'm easily confused you see.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Watched their game today and tbh thought they were shocking. Can't believe they'll be as bad next week but I do have a feeling there are problems in the camp, just a hunch btw, but guardiola's ramblings over the last few weeks would suggest he's not altogether happy with his lot. The bottom line is Pep, you simply don't have the tools available to you as you did in previous jobs.
We beat them next week and Pep's in trouble, not that I give much of a fuck about that, but it also leaves them out of the race for the title imo. It'll be one down and 4 others to go.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
Watched their game today and tbh thought they were shocking. Can't believe they'll be as bad next week but I do have a feeling there are problems in the camp, just a hunch btw, but guardiola's ramblings over the last few weeks would suggest he's not altogether happy with his lot. The bottom line is Pep, you simply don't have the tools available to you as you did in previous jobs.
We beat them next week and Pep's in trouble, not that I give much of a fuck about that, but it also leaves them out of the race for the title imo. It'll be one down and 4 others to go.

They had some chances early on through the creativity of De Bruyne who is a genuine threat but their midfield gained very little control of the game at all, it was very end to end. Everton were ordinary in the first half, it was a very low standard game for the first 45 minutes, mistake after mistake under not that much pressure.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I thought it was Fernandinho? They've got a bloke called Fernando as well though so now I'm bloody confised who it is, I'm easily confused you see.
Yeah, my fungers fucked up tryping his name into my compooter - Fernandinho is the bloke who I meant. Fucking foreigners with their similar sounding names! Grrrrr.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I don't think we should get carried away after yesterdays result. I just watched MOTD and from what I saw City had 'one of those days'. We have had many, many of those days. They could have had 4 or 5 on another day.

When you are playing a team with players like Ageuro, Sliva, De Bruyne, Toure etc, There will always be a chance that they will dish out a thumping, Luckily Clownio Bravo will help balance the odds - WTF? Who in their right mind would replace Joe Hart with this bloke?

I reckon we need to batter the fuck out of them right from the start - they don't like it up 'em Mr Mannering, we can't rely on scoring 4 goals from 4 on target shots like Everton did. I know possession means fuck all and is useless without penetration but if we allow City 70% possession like they did yesterday then we are doomed, doomed I tell you! Smash in a couple of early goals and the 'superstars' will drop their heads and sulk like babies.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Great early thread @Dorset ......I see what you did there, ha ha.

This match could go one of two ways I reckon, either it's a great time to play them, they are down in the dumps, playing poorly and the manager says title trace is over (we all know that it isn't Pep) or there will be a big reaction and they will all be pumped to beat us, especially having lost the last three against us...maybe even 4, can't remember.

We know that we'll be up for this and we're on fire at the moment so it's a good time to play them. I think they've lost a bit of their aura recently and I wouldn't mind betting that they'll focus on Champions League, top 4 and FA Cup if we beat them, because then they will be out of it. Even if they do win they still can't go above us........ unless they win 15-0 ha ha, what a wonderful goal difference we have - happy days all round.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Out of the last 22 shots Bravo has faced, 14 have ended up as goals.

Tottenham average about 22 shots a game.;););)

ParkLaneMal

ParkLaneMal

Player in Training.
If Bravo plays anything like he did at The Lane, then our travelling Yids will be taking the 'P' big time and he had many rabbit in the headlights moments. :) Going to be a tough one and we need a quick attacking start to knock the City's confidence. But after watching yesterday's game my confidence his pretty high. 3-1 Yids

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Jaysas "blue moon" forum has turned into SSS,no actually I have never seen so much down beat defeatist talk even there.

typicalcity... said:
0-2 Spurs

super_city_si
what about the second half?

:D:D:D:D

Most positive hopes revolve around delph being fit !!

Either we are going to dicked without the referee's influence or we show some signs of improvement, create and miss a few clear cut chances and we get a random penalty against us and end up losing narrowly.

we don't need the referees help to fuck it up....we are doing that nicely on our won at present

Hard to swallow,but Spurs have a better team,better players in arguably every position.
Forget their quality,they'll show the fight and desire to win,sth we totally lack..

Really used to look forward to this fixture because we usually won. But can't see this be anything less that us having another arsehole torn for us just like we did at the weekend.

Their entire starting 11 for less than we paid for Stones and Sané
Thats depressing isnt it

They are quicker and stronger than us and are full of confidence. Kane, Ali and their fullbacks running and shooting at our defence/goalkeeper doesn't bare thinking about

Rather bizarrely the most positive post...

Spurs fan here.
Just thought I'd balance your mood a bit (Spurs fans have been where you are regularly).

Even though Spurs fans are flying high at the moment, we see this (and the Liverpool match in three weeks) as the two toughest games, ones we'd do well to take a draw from.

Reasons we still have reasons to think City would pose a bigger challenge than you seem to think:
- Even you're "struggling", your home record last 10 months is still 8 wins - 4 draws - 1 loss, with your only loss coming against Chelsea
- Even an out-of-form De Bruyne and Aguero, could still score 3+ against Spurs.
- Look at Spurs' away results: True, we won the last two. But before that, our results were 2-4-2. Spurs' away record is only the 6th best in the PL.
- Vertonghen just got injured. He's been a very vital piece of our defensive record this season. Spurs' struggles last autumn was in large part because we struggled when we didn't play our strongest XI.

However I will leave you with this beauty
After today, I feel like the season is over. The team and tactics are so messed up we will not beat a top four side this season. Might finish 8th, but a 4-0 dicking at Everton is making my blood boil. Rags will overhaul us and we'll be left in the dust. Get that clown Bravo out now.

Wanyama and Dembele will physically dominate whatever midfield we put out.

Kane and Alli will cause no end of problems.

Rose and Walker will raid up and down their respective flanks all day with relentless pace and work ethic.

We'll undoubtedly concede.
Erikson, Ali and Kane are gonna tear us a new arsehole

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I hope all of the above comes true.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
If Bravo plays anything like he did at The Lane, then our travelling Yids will be taking the 'P' big time and he had many rabbit in the headlights moments. :) Going to be a tough one and we need a quick attacking start to knock the City's confidence. But after watching yesterday's game my confidence his pretty high. 3-1 Yids
Bravo is the new Gomes (on one of his amusing days). The really funny thing is that apparently Guardiola chose him because he wanted a keeper who was good with his feet - farking hilarious! There are loads of stats all over the Internet showing that he is the worst keeper in the Premier League. Having said ask that I expect he'll have the game of his life on Saturday and manage to stop half of our on target shots, meaning we'll only get 10.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
City's goals conceded after 21 games is their worst since they were founded as an oil money exploiting company:

Season : Goals Against : Position : Final Position

Keeper Joe Hart:

2011 : 16 : 2nd : 3rd
2012 : 16 : 1st : 1st
2013 : 19 : 2nd : 2nd
2014 : 23 : 2nd : 1st
2015 : 20 : 2nd : 2nd
2016 : 21 : 3rd : 4th

Keeper : Clownio Bravo:

2017 : 26 : 5th : 6th?

OK, their first 2 years were bad with 30 conceded in 2008 and 2009 but they were just buying their team then innit? Joe must be pissing himself laughing.

Pep seems to be finding it tough managing a side in a proper competitive league.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
From what I saw today,they looked leggy,dis-spirited,flawed tactically playing from the back.However they still cost half a billion and know if they lose this its allover for the title and probably top 4 gets almost too difficult,so they have to pull something out.
I just cant see yaya handling dembele&wanyama and we will pick pocket their defence if they carry on trying to always play from the back.We owe them still for that ballotelli penalty after he stamped scotty p.I`ve never fancied our chances more up there.

Their team might of cost £1/2 billion but I think our team is probably worth more now. Harry K and Dele could both potentially be close to world record fees.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Surely they cant be as bad as the weekend, we need to do exactly what we did at home

Chelsea and Arsenal have easy fixtures at home that they will win comfortably so we need to be positive

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Their team might of cost £1/2 billion but I think our team is probably worth more now. Harry K and Dele could both potentially be close to world record fees.
They agree with you on their Blue Moon forum, Sterling and Sane cost more than our entire team apparently and not a single one of their players would get into our first XI....according to Man City fans.....

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
They agree with you on their Blue Moon forum, Sterling and Sane cost more than our entire team apparently and not a single one of their players would get into our first XI....according to Man City fans.....

They need not be too despondent, Aguero would defiantly make our bench.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Surely they cant be as bad as the weekend, we need to do exactly what we did at home

Chelsea and Arsenal have easy fixtures at home that they will win comfortably so we need to be positive
This is what I hope they and Pep think....

I would love them to go man for man player for player and match our formation trying to nullify our attacks.

If they do that we should absolutely fucking anihilate them.

I think them being at home helps them but they have to set up to their strengths and hope that they have enough to cope with us going forward or cause us enough problems that we can't get forward.

It's gonna be a good one that is for sure.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member

In a nutshell mate.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Without wishing to over analyse this and they are at home, if they play 3 at the back with Sterling and Sane as Wing backs Toure, Fernando, Silva, De Bruyne and Aguero that looks like a decent challenge to me.

Still they have to play like a team and with Stones and Bravo at the back there's always chances for goals.

Spurs to win by a single goal 2-1, same as last year.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Its lovely all this hope & optimism,have to point out City have lost once at home since march and that was to chelsea,that includes playing barca,real,psg.
Yes they were shocking on sunday,but they have everything to lose in this match in terms of the title and maybe top 4.I will be amazed if they dont come out with a massive point to prove against us.They struggle when teams sit and counter,we will not do that,we will play our way,in their faces,and in their half,much like arsenal did (and lost).
Yes player for player I can hand on heart say I believe we are better,and yes we are on a great run and they may have lost confidence,but this will be no walkover.
Lets not forget aguero,debruyne,silva are still very good players,sterling may yet win the penalty he is yearning for,yes they have been a shambles at the back and really the hope is that nervousness hinders their flair going forward,that they are more worried about walker and rose pushing forward,what Dele&Eriksen are doing pegging back sterling,silva,debruyne leaving aguero isolated against toby,dier and whoever.I am sure Dembele and Wanyama can win the centre of the pitch for us.
If we can keep the levels of the last month,there is no reason why we cannot win,if we turn up hoping to take the piss because we think they are truly poor we could get hurt.

Keep up the workrate,start off quickly,after 20mins the nerves will set in to the crowd and it will be less of a home game for them.I just pray we dont get caught fucking about at the back,because city are not alone in taking chances there,all the hopes we had 3 years ago were well and truly snuffed out after 20secs,after a gift.

For all that caution,I have never felt so confident going up there since the arabs rolled in,simply because we are the better team,not just this month but over the season it will be proved so.Good time or bad time to play them??Well as far as how we play,definatly a good time.Confident as I am,my ticker will be under some strain I am sure.Massive chance for us if we can win it,or even not get beaten.

ParkLaneMal

ParkLaneMal

Player in Training.
Bravo is the new Gomes (on one of his amusing days). The really funny thing is that apparently Guardiola chose him because he wanted a keeper who was good with his feet - farking hilarious! There are loads of stats all over the Internet showing that he is the worst keeper in the Premier League. Having said ask that I expect he'll have the game of his life on Saturday and manage to stop half of our on target shots, meaning we'll only get 10.

Those on Blue Moon would agree with you, Dorset.

'I really fear that it may be more than 4. We are haemorrhaging goals, and anyone who gets a shot at goal, stands a very good chance of scoring as long as it's not straight at Claudio Clownio'

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I'm pretty relaxed again before this weekend's big game... Until the last few years I just hoped we would put in a good performance and get the occasional good result, in reality I secretly feared, we would be second best to the top clubs and inevitably ended up losing...always 'unluckily' in my mind, just to take a positive somehow.

Now things are different, hence my change of mood. Of course we will lose the odd game, there are some very good players and managers in the league, especially this year. But 1-0 away to United and 2-1 to Chelsea is no disaster, especially as we are now beating these teams at home, not losing 4,5, or 6. These are the only 2 games we have lost this year.

Go out and give it our best shot, and see where it gets us....mostly a win these days. I reckon you will see Willy Caballero in goal, not Clownio Bravo.