By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Manchester City (H) CL Tue 9th April 2019 20:00

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
UEFA-Champions-League.jpg

How triffic would it be to win this by loads, denying City an away goal then go and thump them again (or park the bus) in the away fixture? Björn Kuipers sounds like a jolly nice referee, maybe he could give us a couple of penalties or at the least a booking for Aguero so he misses the away fixture, obviously not booking Sonny.

The first big game at the new Lane, should be epic!

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
This is going to be a big night. We can do this lads, let's make sure we do.....any win will do for confidence going into the second leg then a 1-0 smash and grab.

Jan Vertonghen left wing, do a Dortmund 3-0 on these bastards. I'm buzzin and NWHL will be rocking.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Good luck with this........lol

Dear Supporter,
There are two important points we need all ticket holders in our South Stand to note ahead of tomorrow night’s UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st leg tie with Manchester City:

1. Please take your seat

Fans are reminded that, as has always been the position in Premier League and UEFA Champions League stadia, standing during matches is against ground regulations. The offence is punishable by stadium bans and clubs are at risk of having capacities reduced in certain areas of the stadium if persistent standing is not dealt with.

We therefore ask for your maximum cooperation with our stewards on this extremely important matter. If you are asked to be seated by a steward, please heed this instruction. This ensures that everyone can enjoy the matchday without obscured views and in a safe environment.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Good luck with this........lol

Dear Supporter,
There are two important points we need all ticket holders in our South Stand to note ahead of tomorrow night’s UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st leg tie with Manchester City:

1. Please take your seat

Fans are reminded that, as has always been the position in Premier League and UEFA Champions League stadia, standing during matches is against ground regulations. The offence is punishable by stadium bans and clubs are at risk of having capacities reduced in certain areas of the stadium if persistent standing is not dealt with.

We therefore ask for your maximum cooperation with our stewards on this extremely important matter. If you are asked to be seated by a steward, please heed this instruction. This ensures that everyone can enjoy the matchday without obscured views and in a safe environment.
The club has to show a cursory level of compliance,even the god almighty gobshites who`s permission we need to stand (no not the govt, Liverpool fans!!) stand all game in the kop.
What is more worrying is if we go all west ham and have fans fighting in stands over standing/sitting.Honestly if you bought next to away fans lower north or in the park lane you really should have expected to stand.Maybe this was why THFC stuck the 1882 in middle of the south stand,so the precious prawn eating premium pant wetters would grass up the people who make the majority of the atmosphere and the reason they wanted to be in that stand.

Here they are all sitting arms folded,muttering about £2200 to look at someones back.
D3aSEPLXkAEaYcD.jpg

Upper tiers,west and east I have no problem with people having to sit,but north lower and south stand if they didnt know this would happen then really they didnt know much about WHL.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The pashun of the bin bags !!

Tottenham Hotspur fans in their new stadium's south stand are being asked to take part in creating an 'iconic image' when the team face Manchester City on Tuesday night.
Borussia Dortmund's own single tier stand, known as the Yellow Wall, at the Signal Iduna Park is well known for the images the fans create on it by holding up cards to make a big mosaic.
Now Tottenham have called on their fans to do something similar and will be providing the tools to do it.
Ticket holders in the south stand were emailed the following: "Help us start the match with a clear message of intent. All ticket holders in the South Stand will find a coloured, 100 per cent recyclable plastic bag on their seat upon arrival.
"By holding the bag up with the plain side facing towards the pitch as the teams enter the field of play, we shall display a motif of our 'To Dare Is To Do’ motto that will fill the entire south stand providing an unforgettable visual impact.
"We kindly ask for your co-operation for a total of 60 seconds to create an iconic image that will be seen around the world once again showcasing our new home in its glory.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Yes I know, I left that bit off!!

There’s a bloke lives around the corner from me that was moaning about people standing at the Palace match. He’s row 50 bang in the middle of the South Stand, behind the goal. He used to sit same place but in the North Stand - sitting no problem. There’s 62,000 seats, that’s enough to accommodate everybody’s own personal preferences.

I hope this is the club just paying lip service because Dortmund don’t have a problem with UEFA and if Spurs really want atmosphere, a White Wall or Wall of noise you ain’t going to get it sitting down.

Stop fucking about, get some colour and noise in the place and make it a fortress starting with tomorrow. 17500 plastic bags ain’t going to do it alone. Jesus.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Yes I know, I left that bit off!!

There’s a bloke lives around the corner from me that was moaning about people standing at the Palace match. He’s row 50 bang in the middle of the South Stand, behind the goal. He used to sit same place but in the North Stand - sitting no problem. There’s 62,000 seats, that’s enough to accommodate everybody’s own personal preferences.

I hope this is the club just paying lip service because Dortmund don’t have a problem with UEFA and if Spurs really want atmosphere, a White Wall or Wall of noise you ain’t going to get it sitting down.

Stop fucking about, get some colour and noise in the place and make it a fortress starting with tomorrow. 17500 plastic bags ain’t going to do it alone. Jesus.
I am not unsympatheic to people who want or have to sit,at city away upper tier, bloke behind me had a kid about 8yrs old,I tried to sit as much as I could,but really in an away end if i had been one who choose to just stand,everyone knows what goes on,baffles me people put themselves in that situation.Its why proper legislation is needed.It was proven standing didnt cause hillsboro, thatchers reason for another archaic law against football fans.Its time to allow areas and the choice to be allowed,because it happens anyway and will.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I've written to Donna Cullen. feel better now and I'm not sitting down tomorrow unless there's a very good reason.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
THFC

Further to our recent emails,we would also ask fans not to sing
"we are Tottenham from the lane",the ground at considerable
cost spent is now called "Tottenham Hotspur stadium" (pending
naming rights.)
So sit down,shut up,wave your bin bags and have a good evening.

Daniel

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
First game with the "spider cam".Not a fan of these myself.

EBxzz8l.jpg

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Donna wrote back, credit to her, she didn’t have to to another whinging fan. The email clearly needed to be sent tactically to comply with regulations.

Thanks for the email. Fully understand your sentiments - however I hope you can appreciate that the Club has a duty to send this reminder.
The ‘Yellow Wall’ is also all seater for Champions League games as the competition rule dictate.
All clubs have persistent standing as you point out and we have in fact placed the safety bars in the stand where we experienced persistent standing at White Hart Lane. I think, like with most aspects, we shall see a settling in period and we will keep everything under review and ensure we listen to fan feedback.
Regards, Donna

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Donna wrote back, credit to her, she didn’t have to to another whinging fan. The email clearly needed to be sent tactically to comply with regulations.

Thanks for the email. Fully understand your sentiments - however I hope you can appreciate that the Club has a duty to send this reminder.
The ‘Yellow Wall’ is also all seater for Champions League games as the competition rule dictate.
All clubs have persistent standing as you point out and we have in fact placed the safety bars in the stand where we experienced persistent standing at White Hart Lane. I think, like with most aspects, we shall see a settling in period and we will keep everything under review and ensure we listen to fan feedback.
Regards, Donna
can i nick this?no names mentioned.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
can i nick this?no names mentioned.
Sure as long as it doesn’t backfire on me about 8.00pm tomorrow night!! Guess I’ve put it in the public domain anyway....

I do think, in sharp contrast to my perception of Levy’s fan communication skills, the club is generally excellent - Jonathan Waite RIP - in its individual fan dealings.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Sure as long as it doesn’t backfire on me about 8.00pm tomorrow night!! Guess I’ve put it in the public domain anyway....

I do think, in sharp contrast to my perception of Levy’s fan communication skills, the club is generally excellent - Jonathan Waite RIP - in its individual fan dealings.
im not sticking it on twitter!!

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
1-0 to the Mighty Spurs. We lose the Ethiad match 2-1 and draw 1-1 in the league match. All in all a good week.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
1-0 to the Mighty Spurs. We lose the Ethiad match 2-1 and draw 1-1 in the league match. All in all a good week.
If you can only win one, do you win the CL tie or the League game?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Ah man this is gonna be tough as fuck... we need the Dane to come out of hiding, we need Dele to pull a worldwide H and Son to be their absolute ruthless best and Hugo to not be a silly cunt and keep their billion quid squad from doing to us what they have been able to do to almost every side they've come up against.

If you're asking me which game is more important... has to be the CL. Win this game and we win the CL and the league games will take care of themselves.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
We can win this, they looked average against Brighton and then we’ll do a Crouchy at the Etihad. No bother, no sitting down, COYS

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid

CL tie. Get into the semi final and we are a chance of winning the thing.

We can still lose the League game and comfortably finish top 4 and ahead of the Scum and Chav cunts. Arsenal are not winning at Wolves and Chelsea have tough games coming up.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
...getting a bit nervy now. Off to catch a train in a couple of hours....

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Fuck.... its tonight...!!! Why in fucks name did I think it was Weds...

FUUUCCKKK... means I need to go for a run now and not tonight... fffuucckkkk...

COYFS....

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.

I would take the CL win so long as we win the tie, otherwise it's pointless. I think a draw in the league will be enough to keep us third. Although wining them all would be delightful.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I think Guardiola wants the CL more than the league.