By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Manchester United A [PL] 14:15 Sun 11th December 2016

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
ManchesterUnited_vs_TottenhamHotspur_zpsu4e9ckec.png

OK, so the overall Premier League stats don't look too bright, but, since (and including) that great day on the 29th September 2012 we have won 3, lost 2 and drawn 3, that's pretty good, let's hope we make that 4 wins on Sunday.

Remember that day? I do, my throat is still a bit sore from the screaming! Goals from Bale, Dempsey and Evans - you couldn't make that up could you? - gave us our first win in donkey's years at Old Trafford, 22 years I think it was, we certainly had never beaten them there in the Premier League, so yay!!!

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
ManchesterUnited_vs_TottenhamHotspur_zpsu4e9ckec.png

OK, so the overall Premier League stats don't look too bright, but, since (and including) that great day on the 29th September 2012 we have won 3, lost 2 and drawn 3, that's pretty good, let's hope we make that 4 wins on Sunday.

Remember that day? I do, my throat is still a bit sore from the screaming! Goals from Bale, Dempsey and Evans - you couldn't make that up could you? - gave us our first win in donkey's years at Old Trafford, 22 years I think it was, we certainly had never beaten them there in the Premier League, so yay!!!
Looking to go to this one and think we have a bloody good chance of a win here. They haven't actually played as bad as some folks think and have been unlucky at times this season but they seem to have made bad luck a consistent thing for themselves and as they say you make your own luck in this game. They seem to play quite well for a period and then fuck things up.

As for us, I'm sure we'll have a strong line up ready with most of the boys back now and will give them a real good game 1-3 to the Spurs another Kane double!

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
The win at home last season is one of my favourite WHL moments ever.

Lets repeat that, away from home.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The win at home last season is one of my favourite WHL moments ever.

Lets repeat that, away from home.
I really enjoyed the draw on the 20th January 2013. It was the worst Dorset-London journey I have ever done. The trains were fucked up due to engineering works, the bus service was fucked due to the snow, it was an 11.5 hour round trip, 6 hours from my house to the Lane and as the train was finally approaching WHL station someone announced that there was a pitch inspection to see if the game would go ahead! Nooooooo! Luckily the game did go ahead and I will always remember the two total numpties I was sitting next to moaning throughout the match, then saying 10 minutes before the end that they had had enough of this shit and they were going, I of course wished them a safe journey and said how nice it had been to meet them - yeah right, really I said good riddance you cunts, they left quicker.

Anyway 'we scored in Fergie time' was the chant as we happily left the Lane, snowball fights on the way to the station - I was cold, wet and tired but it was pucker fun! here's one of my snaps:

ChirpySnow_zps5d3kmd7v.jpg

Half time

HalfTimeSnow_zpsiyyfncnd.jpg

Blimey it was cold that day!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I really enjoyed the draw on the 20th January 2013. It was the worst Dorset-London journey I have ever done. The trains were fucked up due to engineering works, the bus service was fucked due to the snow, it was an 11.5 hour round trip, 6 hours from my house to the Lane and as the train was finally approaching WHL station someone announced that there was a pitch inspection to see if the game would go ahead! Nooooooo! Luckily the game did go ahead and I will always remember the two total numpties I was sitting next to moaning throughout the match, then saying 10 minutes before the end that they had had enough of this shit and they were going, I of course wished them a safe journey and said how nice it had been to meet them - yeah right, really I said good riddance you cunts, they left quicker.

Anyway 'we scored in Fergie time' was the chant as we happily left the Lane, snowball fights on the way to the station - I was cold, wet and tired but it was pucker fun! here's one of my snaps:

ChirpySnow_zps5d3kmd7v.jpg

Half time

HalfTimeSnow_zpsiyyfncnd.jpg

Blimey it was cold that day!
Proper support.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Team news: Davies is back, Lamela is still in Argentina. Janssen's had an injection in his ankle and should be back in a week or two.
Mauricio Pochettino will decide tomorrow if defender Toby Alderweireld is fit to start but says “he is in good form to play".

from mufc website
Chris Smalling and Luke Shaw have been ruled out of Manchester United's home meeting with Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday but Eric Bailly should be able to play his first Premier League game since October.

No comment yet on whether Mata who appeared to go off injured last night will play

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Well they have just come back from a tough experience of freezing pitches as far away as Odessa in the Ukraine......where they needed to play a full strength team to get through....so I would say if there is a good time to play United it's got to be about now.

It will of course be a tough game away at OT it always is and as much as I hate Mourinho he is right they have been a bit unlucky...I think we will still have enough and can see us winning by a single goal in a tight game maybe 1-0 or 2-1....

Would be fantastic to win and really start building some momentum with Hull, Burnley Saints and Watford to come before Chelsea at home.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
We have never beaten a mourinio side away,lets start now!!
Looking forward to Dier saying hello herrera!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
We have never beaten a mourinio side away,lets start now!!
Looking forward to Dier saying hello herrera!!
He's got to get picked first....if Toby is back then Eric might be on the bench behind Victor and Mousa...??

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
The key for me is if Henrikh Mkhitaryan plays.
He`s in form & Mourinho has rightly gained confidence in him.
But if he plays, I hope Wanyama squashes him.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I want Mourinho moaning about refs come the final whistle....

Any win is huge for us right now.

Still the performance is and will always be my priority.

COYS

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
He's got to get picked first....if Toby is back then Eric might be on the bench behind Victor and Mousa...??
we could go 3 at the back dier,toby,jan,dont know why they call it 3 at the back cos really with rose&walker its 5 even if they are pushed on a bit.Zlatan is a lazy fucker,we could play as high as we like he wont sprint away from anyone.If we can dominate the midfield like the 1st half at chelsea could be happy days.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
The referee will likely be a very important component tomorrow....and who do we get, for United vs Spurs at Old Trafford, Bobby Fucking Madeley, that's who. He's not up to it, just not good enough on any level.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Looking forward to this now!!! Managed to bag myself a ticket thanks to @Wotspur.

Hopefully Toby is fully fit and ready to start. i would love to see a line up of

Lloris
KW JV TA DR
Dier Moose
Son Alli Eriksen
Kane

If we can field a team like that tomorrow then we are gonna give ourselves every chance of picking up 3 points tomorrow!!!

Hopefully Harrera doesn't get picked as I don't want Dier to nail him, well I do but I don't want him to get sent off for it.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The referee will likely be a very important component tomorrow....and who do we get, for United vs Spurs at Old Trafford, Bobby Fucking Madeley, that's who. He's not up to it, just not good enough on any level.
may as well be richard madeley....

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Following the results on Saturday I see we can go above City with a win. That pretty much guarantees we won't then doesn't it?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Following the results on Saturday I see we can go above City with a win. That pretty much guarantees we won't then doesn't it?
always seems that way!I would settle for a draw as a not bad result,I have this strange unfearful feeling about today,away at old trafford&I quite fancy us as favourites.Bizarre how far united have fallen so quickly,even with lvg,jose and 400m spent.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Oh the bother of it all. I will have to drag my arse of off the comfy poolside lounger and walk about 200m to the sports bar to watch this. Hee hee, I am in Gran Canaria and the weather is pucker, forecast 25 degrees and sunny today.

It will be worth the long walk because I know we are going to win this one. Mourinho will be grumpy as fuck and blame everyone except himself.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Cant see MP dropping Wanyama to the bench tbh. Big selection will be whether we go with Toby or Dier at the back. Ive a feeling he'll go with Toby and Eric to loose out.
Not concerned about this one in the slightest unlike in years gone by and fancy us not to loose at least. A win would be a massive statement with the games we have leading up to chrimbo and the new year.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Just getting ready to head out the door for this one. Nice to have it so conveniently located for me for once! I'm sure the boys are gonna be in high spirits after the last two games they've had. For the first time ever I'm going to Old Trafford and I actually fancy us to win!!! If we get at them from the very off I don't they'll bounce back as well as a team like Chelsea and I fancy Kane to devour their defence!

COYS!!!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Subs: Vorm, Wimmer, Davies, Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Nkoudou

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Never been this confident about beating United! Come on you Spurs!!! Let's be having ye Mourinho!!

@Liam reckons we need 4 goals so 5-1 it is! Harry hatrick, Eriksen and Toby.

Let's go.. Glens pissed!