By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Manchester United (H) PL Fri 19th June 2020 20:15

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'm hearing Lo Celso is more than likely out for Friday....Any truth in this does anyone know ?
Yep not allowed to play against his future club...

Fucking injuries are an absolute fucking joke...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho has confirmed captain Harry Kane will start Friday's Premier League home match against Manchester United (20:15 BST).

The striker, 26, has not played since a hamstring tear against Southampton on 1 January which required surgery, but has regained full fitness during lockdown.

"He is working extremely well, I can tell you no problem he is going to start the game," Mourinho said.

"Does he have 90 minutes, 80, 70, 60? Only the game will tell us that."

Two more key players, forward Son Heung-min and midfielder Moussa Sissoko, who both had surgery this year, will also start against United.

Spurs have played in the Champions League for the past four seasons but face a battle to qualify next term and are currently eighth in the Premier League, seven points behind fourth-placed Chelsea.

Kane, top scorer for Spurs for the past five seasons, has 17 goals this season, one more than fellow forward Son.

Argentina midfielder Giovani lo Celso is a doubt for Friday's fixture after picking up an injury just before the season's suspension in March and not being able to receive daily treatment because of the lockdown.

Mourinho said Spurs are keen to extend Jan Vertonghen's contract beyond its completion on 30 June, but nothing has yet been agreed with the 33-year-old Belgium defender.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Tonight’s team:

lloris Gazzaniga
Aurier, Foyth, Toby, Sanchez, Jan, Davies
Winks, Dier, Sissoko
Son, Dele, Lamela, Fernandes, Sessegnin
Kane, Bergwijn

United won’t beat 18 of us!!!
COYS

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Tonight’s team:

lloris Gazzaniga
Aurier, Foyth, Toby, Sanchez, Jan, Davies
Winks, Dier, Sissoko
Son, Dele, Lamela, Fernandes, Sessegnin
Kane, Bergwijn

United won’t beat 18 of us!!!
COYS
Ah the old 6-3-5-2 formation...textbook.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Alright, can we all agree that Project Reatart is a disgrace, yet still admit that we're excited to see how the lads play today?

As an analogy I submit that I maintain that the pubs shouldn't be opening up yet (all boozers over here with patios started slinging last Friday),but also that I am gasping for a (safe) pint with friends.

Hopefully to gloat over our destruction of ManU's ponderous defense.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Just COYMFS

That is all I got ATM

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Ea5PMajX0AAjdQC

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Not as strong as my line up.....

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Lucas out is a blow. Good to see youth on the bench. This all feels so weird tbh.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Lucas out is a blow. Good to see youth on the bench. This all feels so weird tbh.
I reckon 6 at the back mostly and hope pace can do it on the break,lucas would have been a handy player in those situations.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Like what I see so far. Bergwijn looks good.....and despite the lockdown, Lamela has managed to get his blonde highlights sorted...

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Like what I see so far. Bergwijn looks good.....and despite the lockdown, Lamela has managed to get his blonde highlights sorted...
Definitely executing the game plan well. Not a big fan of conceding so much possession though. It will be hard to resist sitting too deep in the second half if the score stays the same. Bergwijn and Lamela, and Son towards the end of the half, look very lively.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Haha roy keane has gone in to one on sky.Its better than the game.Biased prick.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
yawn,not very attractive advert for the game.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Thought Lamela comported himself well, Davies was excellent and...Kane and Sonny were anonymous. But here's my most controversial claim: Aurier is profiting under Mou's tutelage, and he and Bergwijn are developing a tasty partnership.

And Dier looked alright at centre-back, the pen notwithstanding.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
We got a point but we didn't make up any ground on them.

Just SITTING back & welcoming pressure doesn't SIT well with me.
It's not what attracted me to this club.
If this is the style of play I wanted all those years ago, I could have picked a myriad of other clubs that played all 11 men behind the ball.

I get the circumstances given the long layoff but other teams have had to suffer the same..

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Difficult watch that one.

Good auld negative tactics. Hoof the ball and chase after it. Pathetic.

Then to listen to that arsehole downplay our bench and justify not using it after. Great way to rally the troops Jose you dick!

Thought Dier was solid. Never a pen for me, just used his strength.
Davies and Sissoko looked fit as well and put in a good shift. Everyone else looked off the boil.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Difficult watch that one.

Good auld negative tactics. Hoof the ball and chase after it. Pathetic.

Then to listen to that arsehole downplay our bench and justify not using it after. Great way to rally the troops Jose you dick!

Thought Dier was solid. Never a pen for me, just used his strength.
Davies and Sissoko looked fit as well and put in a good shift. Everyone else looked off the boil.
If you give that Dier challenge as a foul then we might as well just scrap football. Moss loves to give penalties - remember that City game a few years ago? He is 3rd out of 21 in the list of Penalties Per Match for Referees who have been in charge of more than 200 games in the PL, only Mike Dean and Rob Styles gave more penalties.

The average number of penalties per match for the other 18 refs is 0.19, Moss gave 0.24, Styles 0.27, and Dean 0.29. It doesn't sound like much but Moss gave 26% more penalties per match on average, that IS a lot.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
We got a point but we didn't make up any ground on them.

Just SITTING back & welcoming pressure doesn't SIT well with me.
It's not what attracted me to this club.
If this is the style of play I wanted all those years ago, I could have picked a myriad of other clubs that played all 11 men behind the ball.

I get the circumstances given the long layoff but other teams have had to suffer the same..
Its all down to Jose,I am sure the lads did what was asked positioning wise,lopsided with aurier pushing up a bit,winks&sissoko holding,basically playing 6-1-3 with son and bergwijn tracking back,and eventually kane playing CM 2nd half in a 6-4-0 formation.TBH no one played really well,lamela with a 5½/10 was our best midfielder and perhaps dier our best defender (and hugo did ok).But son,kane were anonymous,bergwijn except the goal not all that,lamela missed several chances to put someone away.Overall it was poor,trying to hang on for 60mins isnt the spurs or even english way of playing football,and you only get any kudos if you manage to keep it 1-0.
No point playing 4 upfront if they arent used upfront or have any service. my one word to sum it up,"turgid".

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
If you give that Dier challenge as a foul then we might as well just scrap football. Moss loves to give penalties - remember that City game a few years ago? He is 3rd out of 21 in the list of Penalties Per Match for Referees who have been in charge of more than 200 games in the PL, only Mike Dean and Rob Styles gave more penalties.

The average number of penalties per match for the other 18 refs is 0.19, Moss gave 0.24, Styles 0.27, and Dean 0.29. It doesn't sound like much but Moss gave 26% more penalties per match on average, that IS a lot.

The problem is VAR has a hard time over ruling ones like that it seems. Pogba just fell over hard in my opinion.

That second one was unreal. I hate VAR but imagine it not being there and that was actually given.

26% over 90 minutes is massive.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
I've lost football motivation since Poch left (except a few visits to WHL) and was worried with it starting up tbh. That utter shit show that is Joseball last night is taking me to the brink. At the moment I just wish I could walk away, damn this addiction!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Totally agree with what's pretty close to a consensus here--that was almost unwatchable. It's a team full of essentially attack-minded players crammed behind the ball. It's not like United are miles beyond us in quality. That was crap. On the other hand, the season was always a wash for me after crashing out of the FA Cup and dropping off of fourth, and my expectations were very very low for the restart. Plus the absolute shitshow at Arsenal right now is wonderful to behold. 😂

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
What was most disappointing was this was our (last??) chance to get amongst the contenders for champions league (if citys ban holds).A win would have done that and was needed,we just looked unbothered by the significance of it.Honestly I would be impressed with a europa league spot now,i dont subscribe to the view having a year off europe will give us a run at anything.If we can scramble to 6 or 7th I think thats about our lot.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
What was most disappointing was this was our (last??) chance to get amongst the contenders for champions league (if citys ban holds).A win would have done that and was needed,we just looked unbothered by the significance of it.Honestly I would be impressed with a europa league spot now,i dont subscribe to the view having a year off europe will give us a run at anything.If we can scramble to 6 or 7th I think thats about our lot.
I think the fact is, the players are not bothered. Half of them dont want to be there, and the other half are nowhere near match fit and are understandably cautious about pushing too hard and causing injury.
Lets not forget, this isnt about anything other than money and contractual fulfillment...thats it. The rest is smoke and mirrors.
I agree that a Europa league place would be our only chance now of Europe next season and I think we'll just do enough to do that, but there's still the problem. We still have a manager with negative cynical tactics that doesn't belong anywhere at this club! That's the long term problem for me...

Last edited: