By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Marcus Edwards

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Marcus is 18...in fact almost identical birthday to a certain Kylian Mbappe....he'll need to start looking good at a senior level by todays harsh judging standards pretty soon. Then he'll be worth £190m by 21 ha ha ha

I think last season Poch had plans to slowly feed into the first squad on a more regular basis but injury hampered his chances. I think this season will be his chance at a break into the squad and potentially first 11.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Christian Eriksen watch out........he takes corners as well
Does Christian take corners as well? Well I never! I remember when we scored from a corner. Didn't that bloke who used to play for us Lambada or summfink take good corners?

Wouldn't be great if we could have T shirts and stuff printed -'THFC - We score from corners', yeah I'd get my felt-tip pen out and make myself one of them from an old vest.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
He's brilliant, just runs the whole game....and has perfected the most difficult of all skills - the Scottie Parker 360...we have to keep him, he is potentially the next major European superstar or more likely one of them.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...pionship-mauricio-pochettino?CMP=share_btn_tw

Mauricio Pochettino will sanction a Championship loan for Marcus Edwards this month. A host of clubs have declared their interest in the 19-year-old Tottenham Hotspur attacking midfielder and the situation is expected to move quickly in the coming days.
I saw this as well. I think it's getting close to make or break time. I hope he goes somewhere with a good manager and a team that plays good football. Aston Villa with Josh, under Steve Bruce would be decent. Nottingham Forest, Norwich, Reading perhaps. They are all 'big' clubs in the Championship.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I saw this as well. I think it's getting close to make or break time. I hope he goes somewhere with a good manager and a team that plays good football. Aston Villa with Josh, under Steve Bruce would be decent. Nottingham Forest, Norwich, Reading perhaps. They are all 'big' clubs in the Championship.
Norwich would be my choice,time for Marcus to step up or step out.Plenty of good,fast tricky players have come and gone,example walcott,taarabt,that chappie at middlesboro,but if they dont learn the game,accept their role or position or learn a greater understanding of football beyond a redknapp-esque runaround,then he will fall by the wayside.There is obviously a problem with him adhering to what coaches are asking IMO,cos he has the gifts,too maverick??who knows.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Norwich would be my choice,time for Marcus to step up or step out.Plenty of good,fast tricky players have come and gone,example walcott,taarabt,that chappie at middlesboro,but if they dont learn the game,accept their role or position or learn a greater understanding of football beyond a redknapp-esque runaround,then he will fall by the wayside.There is obviously a problem with him adhering to what coaches are asking IMO,cos he has the gifts,too maverick??who knows.
I agree. Hope he gets it sorted.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Loan update
Posted on 15 January 2018 - 18:29

Marcus Edwards has joined Norwich City on loan for the remainder of the 2017-18 season.
The attacking midfielder, 19, made his senior competitive debut as a substitute in our 5-0 EFL Cup third round win over Gillingham in September, 2016 and was a member of England’s European Under-19 Championship squad in July last year.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Hope Pritchard doesn't do the club down too much.....this loan will tell us a lot.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Needs to start proving he's worth persevering with. For all the hype he's fallen down the pecking order in the academy. There's as much gossip about his attitude as there is about his talent. Hope he pulls up trees.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Hopefully missed him on way out!! Have seen that edwards is to replace pritchard
Oh yes of course he's gone. Good luck Marcus, hope it's the making of you. I wonder whether using someone like Dele, to mentor him, like Dier did for Dele allegedly, might help?

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Glad to see him get a loan move. He;s not going to get any time for us this season so needs the minutes elsewhere really. He's been around the fringes long enough without breaking through fully. This should be a great opportunity for him. Hope he takes it with both hands.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
What a fucking game that was against the chavs..

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
What a fucking game that was against the chavs..
Yep, exciting as fuck. Norwich were really unlucky - to be beaten by just one saved penalty is a kick in the nuts. Batshoeface was totally pony, he did one thing right and fucking scored, lazy, cheating, rubbish passing then an easy goal, cunt. He could have got 4 or 5 yellow cards but the ref was quite lenient (apart from diving, he wasn't keen on that). I like refs not dashing out yellows for physical challenges in the FA Cup

I fucking love the FA Cup! That opinion will not got down well in a place far far away where they are all cunts.

Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Yep, exciting as fuck. Norwich were really unlucky - to be beaten by just one saved penalty is a kick in the nuts. Batshoeface was totally pony, he did one thing right and fucking scored, lazy, cheating, rubbish passing then an easy goal, cunt. He could have got 4 or 5 yellow cards but the ref was quite lenient (apart from diving, he wasn't keen on that). I like refs not dashing out yellows for physical challenges in the FA Cup

I fucking love the FA Cup! That opinion will not got down well in a place far far away where they are all cunts.
I was sitting in a hospital tv room with half a dozen strangers all cheering on the Canaries... even the geeza who put £50 on the chavs to win was cheering them on...!!! There little ginger lad in CM was a fucking workhorse and had a blinding game. Both their wingers were also very good and the lad we are looking at did a great job.

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
Some quotes from Daniel Farke (Norwich manager) about Edwards from a press conference earlier today posted on their twitter:

"Marcus Edwards has to learn more about playing without the ball. He's brilliant with the ball. There is no risk with him."

"He's highly-rated and if he needs a bit longer, that's fine. He's worked well this week but needs to learn more."

"We're looking for Marcus to change his attitude on the pitch slightly. There is no pressure on him and no risk for us."

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Explains a great deal with regard Pochs reasons for letting him go and not bringing him into the side.

It's now up to him to decide if he want to be big time or already believes he is big time.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Explains a great deal with regard Pochs reasons for letting him go and not bringing him into the side.

It's now up to him to decide if he want to be big time or already believes he is big time.
from what i have seen in the games i have watched,he looks like an independant maverick,amazing on the ball,but when he doesnt have the ball well.....also when he has the ball doesnt always believe in sharing,ok i know defoe,kane,son can also elect to not pass and have a go,but with wing play it become one dimensional if mostly you arent making a pass and always trying the take on.And not to mention the dangers when a winger gets dispossed opening up the counter,bad enough in academy football,lethal in the PL.

I truly hope he learns what he is being told and learns what "role" means in a team sport.Because he is a wonderful talent with the ball at his feet.

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
from what i have seen in the games i have watched,he looks like an independant maverick,amazing on the ball,but when he doesnt have the ball well.....also when he has the ball doesnt always believe in sharing,ok i know defoe,kane,son can also elect to not pass and have a go,but with wing play it become one dimensional if mostly you arent making a pass and always trying the take on.And not to mention the dangers when a winger gets dispossed opening up the counter,bad enough in academy football,lethal in the PL.

I truly hope he learns what he is being told and learns what "role" means in a team sport.Because he is a wonderful talent with the ball at his feet.
All in all, it comes across that he needs to learn more discipline in his play. All well and good having incredible footwork and dribbling ability but the best players learn early when to and when not to use those skills and also when is best just to look up and make the simple pass.

This loan deal could be the best thing to ever happen to Edwards and the learning curve he needs to meet the early potential he possesses. Fingers crossed for his sake he takes advantage of it and one day we get to cheer his name at the new White Hart Lane! I have my doubts but hope to be proved wrong :)

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
All in all, it comes across that he needs to learn more discipline in his play. All well and good having incredible footwork and dribbling ability but the best players learn early when to and when not to use those skills and also when is best just to look up and make the simple pass.

This loan deal could be the best thing to ever happen to Edwards and the learning curve he needs to meet the early potential he possesses. Fingers crossed for his sake he takes advantage of it and one day we get to cheer his name at the new White Hart Lane! I have my doubts but hope to be proved wrong :)
Bentaleb Mk2