By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Michel Vorm

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial
15m15 minutes ago

We are delighted to announce that @Vorm_Official has signed a new contract with the Club which will run until 2018.
270d-1f3fc.png
#COYS

C0W_ZboWQAApBoP.jpg

Last edited:
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Not quite sure why we signed Lopez with this announcement,good thing to have an able #2 to Hugo.I thought this stage of life Vorm would want a chance somewhere as a first choice?Happy for him to be Hugo´s deputy.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Not quite sure why we signed Lopez with this announcement,good thing to have an able #2 to Hugo.I thought this stage of life Vorm would want a chance somewhere as a first choice?Happy for him to be Hugo´s deputy.
Isn't he shite though? I read that in the other place - oh wait a minute those numpties are the same numpties who said the same thing about Super Brad and every other player that has ever played for us.

I'm surprised he doesn't want to be number one somewhere else, but as you say he's a very good number two keeper.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
This is a bit of a strange one, but I guess he's happy. He mentioned family, and sometimes we forget that these people are human beings--if the missus and the kids are enjoying life, why rock the boat?

Making a wage that's beyond comfortable, living in some posh area of London, very little pressure, and getting to sit pitch side to watch the greatest football club in the world play every week. Not the worst life, is it?

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
This on its own was worth a new contract!
C0XPXGMXUAY0Rol.jpg
Kudos to Vorm. But I tell you what mate, looking at that pic, the home game against this shower can't come quick enough. I just hope, nah, know the home faithful will make it the most intimidating atmosphere the facists have ever come across. Lets hope fabregas is foolish enough to be available for it

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Kudos to Vorm. But I tell you what mate, looking at that pic, the home game against this shower can't come quick enough. I just hope, nah, know the home faithful will make it the most intimidating atmosphere the facists have ever come across. Lets hope fabregas is foolish enough to be available for it
that picture sums up us and them last season,we were up for it they werent,only costa the nutter is up for a row,this league aint finished yet,if conte blinks the mercenary bastards will drop off again.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The future of Tottenham Hotspur's third choice goalkeeper Pau Lopez has been clarified somewhat by his manager Mauricio Pochettino after the recent contract renewals for Hugo Lloris and Michel Vorm.

Lopez, 22, was in fine form for Espanyol last season and earned himself a call-up to Vicente del Bosque's preliminary Spain squad for Euro 2016, but did not end up making the final cut. He then fell out of favour with the new coach at the La Liga club, the former Watford boss Quique Sánchez Flores.

The Spanish U21 international goalkeeper had caught the eye of Pochettino and goalkeeping coach Toni Jimenez when the duo were at Espanyol and now all three are back together at Tottenham, after Lopez switched on a season-long loan move in August, with a permanent transfer option believed to be part of the deal.

However, the Spaniard has not appeared once for the first team, having only appeared competitively for Spurs' Premier League 2 development side. One school of thought was that he would take over from Vorm as the number two next season, but today's new two-year deal for the Dutchman appears to have scuppered that.

When asked whether the new deals dished out to Lloris and Vorm this week would have a bearing on whether Lopez's deal was made permanent, Pochettino hinted that the Spaniard was one for Tottenham's 'present and future'.

"It's nothing to do with Pau. The three keepers are in different situations, different positions, different levels," he said. "Pau is more for the present and future and the new deals have nothing to do with him."

Read more at http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co....0007058-detail/story.html#xfslxAxhL1OpWr2t.99

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
that picture sums up us and them last season,we were up for it they werent,only costa the nutter is up for a row,this league aint finished yet,if conte blinks the mercenary bastards will drop off again.
Absolutely. Pundits reckon this league is over but its far from it. I hope we look these fuckers in the eye and say not today ye bastards.

pochettino is building something here no doubt. Signing Vorm to an extension and him being happy to do so speaks volumes given he probably knows he'll not get much game time.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Spot the difference?

There's this:

upload_2016-12-23_10-4-30.jpeg

Then there are these:

harrykanecontract0112.jpg

upload_2016-12-23_10-1-56.jpeg

upload_2016-12-23_10-2-21.jpeg

upload_2016-12-23_10-2-40.jpeg

images

First IX = MP with tie

Then again:

images

Why wouldn't he wear a tie to sign himself

Attachments

• Poch Signs.jpg
    Poch Signs.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 323
Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
I'm alright with this I think vorm is a very underrated keeper

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I'm alright with this I think vorm is a very underrated keeper

I think he is one of, if not, the best backup keepers around.

Glad he's willing to stay instead of accepting a starting spot elsewhere (& being signed with a tie ;))

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I think he is one of, if not, the best backup keepers around.

Glad he's willing to stay instead of accepting a starting spot elsewhere (& being signed with a tie ;))
Yes I'm glad as well although I don't really understand why as a decent professional footballer you wouldn't want to play every week. Perhaps he actually isn't better than the likes of Boruc, Steklenberg, Gomes, whilst it's to our benefit, personally I'd want to play and could easily muddle through on about £15k a week.....

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
Yes I'm glad as well although I don't really understand why as a decent professional footballer you wouldn't want to play every week. Perhaps he actually isn't better than the likes of Boruc, Steklenberg, Gomes, whilst it's to our benefit, personally I'd want to play and could easily muddle through on about £15k a week.....
Carlo was the same all through his career and he did ok

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Carlo was the same all through his career and he did ok
Yeah he did well financially and played a few games but I wonder why as good goalkeepers they don't want to play every week.....Carlo had his motorbike I guess!!

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Yeah he did well financially and played a few games but I wonder why as good goalkeepers they don't want to play every week.....Carlo had his motorbike I guess!!

It is kind of odd but can't deny I'm pleased he's happy to stay here. His performances this season for us have been extremely decent when he's stepped up to replace Hugo.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
Well he knows Hugo gets injuries he's playing for an extended run ,goalkeepers are a funny lot probily sees no disgrace to playing second fiddle to probily best keeper in Europe .we had a similar thing with Ireland and shay given he turned up for Every match including friendlies demanding to play we lost aload of keepers with the hump.vorm will learn things daily from Hugo that will improve him and with keepers playing longer he's loads of time

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Wonder if he’ll be third choice behind Gazzaniga?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Difficult to find a top quality 'reserve' goalkeeper. Vorm is a pretty decent bet.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Difficult to find a top quality 'reserve' goalkeeper. Vorm is a pretty decent bet.
agree,look at the trouble we are having finding a #2 for Kane who is decent and willing to sit most matches out.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Michel Vorm described his five years at Spurs as ‘an unbelievable journey’. The last stop for the popular goalkeeper was the Champions League Final – and he believes that’s just the start for the Club.
‘Mich’, 35, joined us in July, 2014, shortly after the arrival of Mauricio Pochettino and his coaching team. He made his debut in the League Cup against Nottingham Forest on 24 September, 2014 and played 47 times for us including Premier League, Champions League and semi-finals in both the FA Cup and League Cup.
The ultimate professional, pushing Hugo Lloris every day in training, Michel shared every step of his journey with at least 10 of the current squad since 2014. As he points out, that’s where relationships start to go beyond being team-mates and into lasting friendships.
“It’s like a family at Spurs,” he said. “We’ve been through a lot together. If you look at when I came in, Mauricio and his staff were also new to the Club and a lot has changed over those five years.
“I’ve seen the Club grow and grow and now we’ve played in the Champions League Final. It’s not just about last season though, it’s been a journey.
“You think about it... finishing in second place, getting back into the Champions League season after season, I’ve seen younger players develop into full internationals, captains of their countries, Golden Boot winners, I could continue... it’s more than the results, it’s everything. I’ve not even mentioned the stadium!
“We’ve spent so much time together. We have long seasons and it’s more than 90 minutes. A lot of us have been together a long time. This group of players is special and that photograph of the whole squad together before the start of the Champions League Final… that means a lot.
“I’m so pleased and proud that I’ve been part of it, even if it’s been a different role for me other than being in the starting 11 every week. I’m one of the oldest members of the squad, I have that experience and players would talk to me a lot.
“The journey has been unbelievable, just unbelievable and I’m genuinely going to miss everyone at the Club. After five seasons, that’s more than just the players, that’s all the staff as well, everyone. I started to realise that when I left for holidays. I’ve made a lot of friends at Spurs. That’s something special as well.”
He added: “We were almost unbeatable towards the end at the Lane, then we played for 18 months in a stadium that, okay it’s amazing, but it’s not ours. It was tough. We’ve been through a lot.
“Now we have the new stadium – in my opinion, the best in the world – the facilities, the players and the staff alongside the growth we’ve had over the last few years, now reaching the Champions League Final, it just means we’re in position now to go out there and do it.
“I know it’s not that easy, the Premier League is so competitive, but what we have is so special and I really believe the Club is going to go higher and higher over the next few years.”