By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

new forum comments

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Dunno if its intentional but its lilywhite not lilly white, unless thats how you like it :)
"lilywhite lounge"
I`ll get my coat then............

River

River

Administrator
Staff member
Well done you've passed the first test *cough* . Runs off and changes it before anyone else notices.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Well done you've passed the first test *cough* . Runs off and changes it before anyone else notices.
Mate feel free to delete this thread to duck and cover!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
In the other place we had lots of arguments over all that icon bollox, likes, dislikes, agrees, disagrees, optimistic, informative blah, blah, blah. In this brave new world we seem to have even more of these horrible divisive little fuckers. Why not scrap all of them? Don't show the number of posts folks have made or the number of likes - what the fuck difference does it make? We had numpties in the other place who were posting bollox to get the post count up, what the fuck is that about? I don't care if you have a million likes or none, let's lose the elitism.

Icons Out!

River

River

Administrator
Staff member
In Fairness we probably only need a "like" button, but they do add personality. Any other opinions from people ?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I pretty much would only use like,funny,winner or agree,IMO rating leads to laziness of not posting by some,but that was the old place.If i disagreed I would either tut and move on or answer why ,not rate it as such.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I'm easy either way.....Since I'm an opinionated git if I disagree with someone strongly enough then I'll post why.....I like the funny stuff, so that icon's good and if someone nails it agree/like is good too...not sure there's much difference.

Probably don't need the rest, we're all grown up's here so far....well except the obvious...!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The bad spelling one would get worn out, as would a bad grammar doofus if it existed. I agree with @skiathospurs that icons can lead to laziness, why bother telling a chap why you thought his post was good if you can just press the lazy-arsed bastard tit? The optimistic and informative icons become a way of taking the piss and annoying people in the other place, they got really annoying, especially when that cunt from the nether regions started using them to show what a clever bollox he was.

We don't have to use the icons I suppose and I don't really care if anyone likes or dislikes my posts, agrees or disagrees, thinks they are informative, badly spelled or I should of done my grammar proper. I am also not arsed about keeping score (mine of other folks),so I can ignore them and if anybody gets umpty that I am not 'liking' their posts, well they can press the 'I Hate Dorset ' icon and I will press my virtual 'I don't give a fuck' icon, sorted!

I might be old fashioned, but like my forums like I like my women, intelligent, full of interesting content and with a nice pair of thrupnies. The third option was a joke, just in case any lady type members of the female persuasion ever join and start poking the 'I hate That Old Cunt' icon! Twitter is a great place for moronic, icon pressing and one liners, as is the other place.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
I tend to agree with Dorset, mostly because he is holding me hostage.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
The bad spelling one would get worn out, as would a bad grammar doofus if it existed. I agree with @skiathospurs that icons can lead to laziness, why bother telling a chap why you thought his post was good if you can just press the lazy-arsed bastard tit? The optimistic and informative icons become a way of taking the piss and annoying people in the other place, they got really annoying, especially when that cunt from the nether regions started using them to show what a clever bollox he was.

We don't have to use the icons I suppose and I don't really care if anyone likes or dislikes my posts, agrees or disagrees, thinks they are informative, badly spelled or I should of done my grammar proper. I am also not arsed about keeping score (mine of other folks),so I can ignore them and if anybody gets umpty that I am not 'liking' their posts, well they can press the 'I Hate Dorset ' icon and I will press my virtual 'I don't give a fuck' icon, sorted!

I might be old fashioned, but like my forums like I like my women, intelligent, full of interesting content and with a nice pair of thrupnies. The third option was a joke, just in case any lady type members of the female persuasion ever join and start poking the 'I hate That Old Cunt' icon! Twitter is a great place for moronic, icon pressing and one liners, as is the other place.
Pressing the 'informative' button was so tempting.......obviously!

So I'll simply reply with I like the cut of your jib.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I tend to agree with Dorset, mostly because he is holding me hostage.
Put the fucking lotion in the basket! It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
@admin should the twitter robot be sending this out?
It is meant to be a bit hush hush!!when it comes to selling/exchanging tickets,

River

River

Administrator
Staff member
@admin should the twitter robot be sending this out?
It is meant to be a bit hush hush!!when it comes to selling/exchanging tickets,

Anything thats posted in public will get picked up by google or twitter or anyone else mate. If you want things to be kept on the hush hush post it in the founding member forum as its hidden to the public :)

Would you like me to move that thread there ?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Anything thats posted in public will get picked up by google or twitter or anyone else mate. If you want things to be kept on the hush hush post it in the founding member forum as its hidden to the public :)

Might be an idea? we can form a private? PM group when the time comes? my mistake.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

yes please i think its best,sorry for making work lol.:)

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
You know what Ad I think Dorset may be right.

If we want decent debate and content the icons do foster laziness.

I suppose it would lead to more posts and yes they maybe me simply replying to some calling them a cunt, but also to people agreekng/disagreeing with a post and justifying it with actual words.

Also can you turn of my email notifications as they are pissing me off every 2 mins.

River

River

Administrator
Staff member
You know what Ad I think Dorset may be right.

If we want decent debate and content the icons do foster laziness.

I suppose it would lead to more posts and yes they maybe me simply replying to some calling them a cunt, but also to people agreekng/disagreeing with a post and justifying it with actual words.

Also can you turn of my email notifications as they are pissing me off every 2 mins.

I tend to agree, it was different in the other place because we needed to stop alot of the single word replys saying "I agree" as it added nothing to the conversation. But here currently we want to encourage replies.

In regards to your emails : http://www.properspursy.com/talk/account/preferences

Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...

That will turn off all email replies in future threads
, then just go here : http://www.properspursy.com/talk/watched/threads

And unwatch all current threads

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I tend to agree, it was different in the other place because we needed to stop alot of the single word replys saying "I agree" as it added nothing to the conversation. But here currently we want to encourage replies.

In regards to your emails : http://www.properspursy.com/talk/account/preferences

Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...

That will turn off all email replies in future threads
, then just go here : http://www.properspursy.com/talk/watched/threads

And unwatch all current threads
Ah, now I get it, I've been randomly turning shit off and still getting alerts.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Could we not minimise the use of red,especially the last poster name being shown in red,I hate fooking red!!! :)

River

River

Administrator
Staff member
Could we not minimise the use of red,especially the last poster name being shown in red,I hate fooking red!!! :)

Yeah totally mate, Meant to do that last week but slipped my mind. Will get that sorted tonight

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Yeah totally mate, Meant to do that last week but slipped my mind. Will get that sorted tonight
Sorry,know this is a hobby project!!Thanks for the time you spent already!This place is already more functional than most!BTW have you visited that skyscrapercity forum?it has a massive spurs new stadium thread section,the site must be huge but its stoneage when it comes to using it.Never would have thought a geeky builders forum would be so huge.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Can I make a suggestion with regard the posting o OMT's...

I'd like to know where I can watch the game with regards to tv chanel showing it etc.

I know a lot of yids say they didn't realise it was on TV or the couldn't find it etc, but if we were to post up info such as: Sky Sports 1 @ 17:45 Tuesday evening at the start of the thread it'd draw a lot of traffic towards the thread imo.

It may also lead onto the Web links for streams etc for those without subscriptions and be a one stop shop for all info for that game.

Maybe a OMT proforma could be developed?

Just a thought.

boo

boo

Founding Member
Agre with Doreseet. Having icons stops people posting. They look cute but this isn't Japan.

How aboot a hover over function that reveals a members info when hovering over the avatar, meaning the default is; the member's info is hidden unless you hover over the avatar.

boo

boo

Founding Member
Any chance of moving the side bar off the threads? Reading posts currently displays half the screen as avatar and side bar and half the screen for the message text