By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

New Spurs stadium

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
I suppose mate that people feel as though there have been a string of promises made and then broken. God knows, it's bloody hard enough being a Spurs supporter without being the butt of jokes over something that isn't even related to the players or performances on the pitch.

Fact is, the club sold the faithful on a lot of promises and have really delivered nothing. Yes, there will be a new stadium and yes, it will very likely be a magnificent beast BUT the approach that the club has taken (and Levy is the guy who is responsible),with all of the hype (Tube ads FFS making us look like amateurs) and all of the promises is absolutely disingenuous. It is now to the point where it is of no value reading any official updates from the club because every single one of those updates regarding the stadium has been bullshit. You cannot possibly believe a word they say. The THFC is mugging off the people that provide the funding for it's every existence. It is shitting in its own nest.

And frankly, most of us have had enough.

Understand but i havent, its the club i have supported all my life and whatever they have said or not said, done or not done is irrelevant. When its complete and i walk up from seven sisters and turn the corner and look at the beast thats there i will just feel pride. I have waited 15 years to have the privilege of a season ticket. Watch some ropy games and some classics but our will be proud to be a yid!
We read to much into social media and there are so many lies. We wont ever get the truth but the physical bricks and mortar or concrete and steel will be plain to see

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Understand but i havent, its the club i have supported all my life and whatever they have said or not said, done or not done is irrelevant. When its complete and i walk up from seven sisters and turn the corner and look at the beast thats there i will just feel pride. I have waited 15 years to have the privilege of a season ticket. Watch some ropy games and some classics but our will be proud to be a yid!
We read to much into social media and there are so many lies. We wont ever get the truth but the physical bricks and mortar or concrete and steel will be plain to see

Sure, I get that you aren't especially bothered but I don't understand how you don't understand why people are.

In my case, I put money into the club every year via One Hotspur membership and merchandise (with the hope of getting a ST in case we ever move back to the UK). I live in Australia and don't actually get a lot of benefit from much of this outlay. My wife and I planned my holidays this year so that we could travel to London and get to the new stadium. The stadium was not the only consideration but it was a significant player in how we structured our annual leave this year. We had originally planned to come over in September but once the first set of stadium delays were announced we deferred our trip (at some expense, it is more expensive to travel in the festive period than at any other time). So now, we are stuck with an expensive holiday when we could have come over when the weather was better and got the same result a lot cheaper as far as going to Wembley to watch matches. And yes, I realise that I am lucky to be able to even do that but when the club makes promises and breaks them, often it actually means a little bit more than just annoyance. I am not exaggerating when I say that it has cost me at least another 1500 quid (accommodation in London at Christmas is expensive, airfares are 30% more expensive, etc) to come in December and I am still going to fucking Wembley. We could have done that in September and had a week in Greece to go with it for the same price.

It is entirely possible to be a proud Spurs supporter and be utterly pissed off at the way our administration behaves. It can and does cost people money, over and above the inconvenience of being dicked around.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Levy and co really need to watch how they go about opening now.

Obviously you have season ticket lifers.. that'll never change,but there are also going to be thousands who have said they would get one to see the first ever game in the new stadium and won't remew. Now you also have the pissed off crowd who won't renew.

Think most people always thought the season ticket line was huge but that has been proved wrong with the uptake last season.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Sure, I get that you aren't especially bothered but I don't understand how you don't understand why people are.

In my case, I put money into the club every year via One Hotspur membership and merchandise (with the hope of getting a ST in case we ever move back to the UK). I live in Australia and don't actually get a lot of benefit from much of this outlay. My wife and I planned my holidays this year so that we could travel to London and get to the new stadium. The stadium was not the only consideration but it was a significant player in how we structured our annual leave this year. We had originally planned to come over in September but once the first set of stadium delays were announced we deferred our trip (at some expense, it is more expensive to travel in the festive period than at any other time). So now, we are stuck with an expensive holiday when we could have come over when the weather was better and got the same result a lot cheaper as far as going to Wembley to watch matches. And yes, I realise that I am lucky to be able to even do that but when the club makes promises and breaks them, often it actually means a little bit more than just annoyance. I am not exaggerating when I say that it has cost me at least another 1500 quid (accommodation in London at Christmas is expensive, airfares are 30% more expensive, etc) to come in December and I am still going to fucking Wembley. We could have done that in September and had a week in Greece to go with it for the same price.

It is entirely possible to be a proud Spurs supporter and be utterly pissed off at the way our administration behaves. It can and does cost people money, over and above the inconvenience of being dicked around.

I do understand and its terrible that you had sorted that out and for it to go wrong. But this has been a 10 year project and at the last stage its delayed. The club had to have expected the builder to complete on his contract but that hasn’t happened, i really cannot see what else the club could have done

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I do understand and its terrible that you had sorted that out and for it to go wrong. But this has been a 10 year project and at the last stage its delayed. The club had to have expected the builder to complete on his contract but that hasn’t happened, i really cannot see what else the club could have done
It isnt just mace though.Levy decided the club would hand out individual contracts for the build,the club advertised so&so as lighting partner,so&so as sound etc,This has meant Mace were not tied down to completetion/penalties because we as a club tried to save money by negotiating individual contracts rather than paying Mace to oversee everything.
I havent seen any fan anywhere knocking the stadium or what it will be,yes some dont want nfl and think the retractable pitch is an extravagance (we would be in the stadium no doubt if the extra works for the basement/pitch were not added).The angst is for reasons explained earlier,how the club has handled it.In june we were told sept 15th, we are now next mid january at best.That is a huge % extra (3mths june-sept now add an extra 4 months to those 3 months),between june&july it all went tits up?either someone wasnt paying attention or someone has been misled or someone is misleading the support.No one knows yet.If the problem is of such a magnitude with this wiring,fire safety systems,how did no one realise until the last minute?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I have not had any emails but something will turn up....

Struggling to see why people are getting so upset....when its finished we will have best stadium in premier league....we have done this on the very same area of land that has seen football since 1899....no other club in london has or will do that...
Soz mate, but I simply cant accept this... you are struggling to understand why people are pisaed off? You dont ger that the club has lied to secure the hard earned sheckles of the faithful support? You dont get that those fans have been treated like a 40+million quid bank by levy after he "didnt see any value" in the summer transfer window? You dont get that, any of that?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I get all that, it will be great.... but the journey to get there will not have been the best will it.

The club has tainted it, yes that will subside if we are treated to world class football, it the fact remains were being treated like cunts right now.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I think those grow lights are going to be a great advantage to us defensively. Hard for the opponent to score when their heads are being burnt to a crisp.

LMkRGFM.jpg

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
I get all that, it will be great.... but the journey to get there will not have been the best will it.

The club has tainted it, yes that will subside if we are treated to world class football, it the fact remains were being treated like cunts right now.

Dont agree sorry...i havent been treated badly. I havent signed up for something I didn’t know may not happen

Last edited:
Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Soz mate, but I simply cant accept this... you are struggling to understand why people are pisaed off? You dont ger that the club has lied to secure the hard earned sheckles of the faithful support? You dont get that those fans have been treated like a 40+million quid bank by levy after he "didnt see any value" in the summer transfer window? You dont get that, any of that?

No i dont sorry...i paid £1200 for my season ticket... that gets my 19 games of football. So far 4 of them have been wembley and cost me less. I am fan like you but as i said i waited 15 years to get a season ticket i have one now and thats because of what levy has built.. its not cost me any more money than it would have done if we moved in on sept 15th. People are entitled to be angry and some have lost out because of it but I genuinely think the club havent lied, handled it badly...possibly but thats a matter of opinion

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid

Mate, it is not about what the club could have done to get the stadium completed quicker. It is about the absolutely disgraceful way they have treated the people that pay their salaries (ST holders, OH Members etc) in terms of communication regarding the ongoing delays.

If you genuinely believe that the club did not know until last week that we wouldn't be in the stadium by Christmas than you are very naive. Everything the club has officially said since the closure of the old ground has been either full of spin or outright evasive. Fans are not pissed at the delays, they are pissed because the club (Daniel Levy) is not holding itself to account for any of the mis-truths, guesses and blatant lies it has been telling.

First the club told us we'd be in for opening day, then it was October, then it was pre-Christmas. Now it is (allegedly) January. Most people will cop a revision or two of timelines and communications with regard to this sort of project. That is reasonable. But this, well this is laughable. Either nobody at the THFC has a fucking clue as to what is gong on or they have been lying the whole time. It is one of the other.

Daniel Levy has been around long enough to know that you should always under-promise and over-deliver...not the other fucking way around.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
No i dont sorry...i paid £1200 for my season ticket... that gets my 19 games of football. So far 4 of them have been wembley and cost me less. I am fan like you but as i said i waited 15 years to get a season ticket i have one now and thats because of what levy has built.. its not cost me any more money than it would have done if we moved in on sept 15th. People are entitled to be angry and some have lost out because of it but I genuinely think the club havent lied, handled it badly...possibly but thats a matter of opinion

What planet are you living on mate?

Pinocchio Levy should be his real name.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I admire you being able to view this is a positive light... I simply cant. The way it's happened has at best tainted it for me.... and many many more.

Kudos to you though bruv and I mean that, because you are one of a very small group who dont think the stadium has been a resounding cluster fuck especially the way the punters have been treated.

Like I said above... Spurs doing well in our new gaff will 100% make these shit nmemories dissipate more quickly.

Let's hope 18 months down the road we all forget how we got where we end up and that where we end up is with the best team in the best stadium with the best fans enjoying the experience.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Mate, it is not about what the club could have done to get the stadium completed quicker. It is about the absolutely disgraceful way they have treated the people that pay their salaries (ST holders, OH Members etc) in terms of communication regarding the ongoing delays.

If you genuinely believe that the club did not know until last week that we wouldn't be in the stadium by Christmas than you are very naive. Everything the club has officially said since the closure of the old ground has been either full of spin or outright evasive. Fans are not pissed at the delays, they are pissed because the club (Daniel Levy) is not holding itself to account for any of the mis-truths, guesses and blatant lies it has been telling.

First the club told us we'd be in for opening day, then it was October, then it was pre-Christmas. Now it is (allegedly) January. Most people will cop a revision or two of timelines and communications with regard to this sort of project. That is reasonable. But this, well this is laughable. Either nobody at the THFC has a fucking clue as to what is gong on or they have been lying the whole time. It is one of the other.

Daniel Levy has been around long enough to know that you should always under-promise and over-deliver...not the other fucking way around.

I am a fucking st holder... get a grip.. if you want an extension to your house the builder says its ready in may! The mrs thinks may cool we have all summer to enjoy it! Its march and the cunt builder says the pipes are fucked so its going to be june! Its not yr fault... the mrs blames you and you say what could i have done.. anyway xmas arrives and the extension is finished happy days!

Sorry i am not naive. I may have been lied to but THFC is not in control if you think it is you have absolutely no clue about construction.

The club have said what it has said, i watch tbe streams daily, i can see what is going on the ground is 95% complete and i can tell you the reason it isnt is because of fire and security systems...that is what they said.

If you dont like it go elsewhere and stop trying to beat up people who are happy to support the club they love

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I am a fucking st holder... get a grip.. if you want an extension to your house the builder says its ready in may! The mrs thinks may cool we have all summer to enjoy it! Its march and the cunt builder says the pipes are fucked so its going to be june! Its not yr fault... the mrs blames you and you say what could i have done.. anyway xmas arrives and the extension is finished happy days!

Sorry i am not naive. I may have been lied to but THFC is not in control if you think it is you have absolutely no clue about construction.

The club have said what it has said, i watch tbe streams daily, i can see what is going on the ground is 95% complete and i can tell you the reason it isnt is because of fire and security systems...that is what they said.

If you dont like it go elsewhere and stop trying to beat up people who are happy to support the club they love

Congratulations on your season ticket and thanks for continually reminding us all how great the club has been to you and how lucky we should all feel.

But, I am out 1500 quid because Daniel Levy couldn't lie straight in bed. Others rightly feel screwed over too, for various reasons.

And yes, you are extraordinarily naive if you think that Daniel Levy wouldn't have known earlier about the gravity of the issues causing the delays. He should have been across every single detail of the construction of such a massive project, given the cost and what is at stake. He either had his finger on the pulse, in which case he has strung everyone along instead of being honest about the situation. Or he didn't, in which case he is no longer fit to run the club. At the very least he owed the stakeholders (the paying fans) forthright updates with reviewed and achievable timelines. He has failed to provide anything that anybody can hang their hat on. But I sure am glad that Lord Sugar took the first piss in the Chairman's Crapper or whatever the fuck it is. That makes me feel better about the hit to my bank balance because I trusted Levy in the first instance. The way he is talked up by his diminishing number of supporters (of which I used to be counted) I foolishly believed that he might have a new stadium completed 6 months after the promised opening. Especially given the club updates stated as much.

Enjoy your ST when you get to sit in the new stadium, most likely at least a year after promised and criminally over budget. But don't you ever question my love for the club, given how much dough I have shelled out for exactly zero return.

Only an idiot supports anything blindly. People are entitled to question what the fuck is going on. Nobody and nothing is beyond scrutiny.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Congratulations on your season ticket and thanks for continually reminding us all how great the club has been to you and how lucky we should all feel.

But, I am out 1500 quid because Daniel Levy couldn't lie straight in bed. Others rightly feel screwed over too, for various reasons.

And yes, you are extraordinarily naive if you think that Daniel Levy wouldn't have known earlier about the gravity of the issues causing the delays. He should have been across every single detail of the construction of such a massive project, given the cost and what is at stake. He either had his finger on the pulse, in which case he has strung everyone along instead of being honest about the situation. Or he didn't, in which case he is no longer fit to run the club. At the very least he owed the stakeholders (the paying fans) forthright updates with reviewed and achievable timelines. He has failed to provide anything that anybody can hang their hat on. But I sure am glad that Lord Sugar took the first piss in the Chairman's Crapper or whatever the fuck it is. That makes me feel better about the hit to my bank balance because I trusted Levy in the first instance. The way he is talked up by his diminishing number of supporters (of which I used to be counted) I foolishly believed that he might have a new stadium completed 6 months after the promised opening. Especially given the club updates stated as much.

Enjoy your ST when you get to sit in the new stadium, most likely at least a year after promised and criminally over budget. But don't you ever question my love for the club, given how much dough I have shelled out for exactly zero return.

Only an idiot supports anything blindly. People are entitled to question what the fuck is going on. Nobody and nothing is beyond scrutiny.
Fair comment, problem is that there are a minimum of 62,062 different opinions out there, being aired here, in pubs and on SkyCraperCity. Some people have invested hundreds of pounds, some thousands, some more than that and some nothing at all, but they are all in theory supporters one way or another. I was equally delighted to get my first season ticket last season and have bought a seat for this season in the new Stadium. I love the club as much as ever and can see what Levy has achieved since his tenure - the club has been transformed in just about every way. I respect that because it has given me and our fans generally a higher level of football and the ability in recent seasons to compete at the highest level, being better than Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, United and City in varying degrees.

Where the club have fallen down in the past 12 months is communication and respect back for the fans. There is an arrogance where many of us feel taken for granted. Of course delays can happen in projects of this size, most would accept that, but it's disingenious to think Levy didn't know what was going on, I would imagine it's been keeping him awake most nights since last May. Of course he may also have been lied to, because he has taken on some big responsibility - the NFL situation for one, but if you're going to do that, then you have to be big enough to deal with when things go wrong. The buck stops with him, in every sense.

The club should be advising fans with monthly updates of what is going on. this would avoid fans losing money on untruthful advice. They should be showing, not just talking about their gratitude for the fans support. Small gestures are easy - pin badges, scarves etc. and reduced or bundled ticket pricing would have been a well received gesture. In stead they appear to have been continually mercenary in their approach and fans certainly at Wembley this season have voted with their feet and stayed away. It's a sad reflection after the noise and great nights last year against Madrid, Liverpool, Arsenal, Dortmund and so on.

Personally I'm still excited for the new stadium but nothing like I was. Levy & Co. have done great things for the club, but don't forget they will benefit hugely, for now they've lost my support, through their apparent disregard and contempt of the real life of many supporters. I hope it changes soon and they don't leave Poch to continually deliver the news. That's cowardice.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Fair comment, problem is that there are a minimum of 62,062 different opinions out there, being aired here, in pubs and on SkyCraperCity. Some people have invested hundreds of pounds, some thousands, some more than that and some nothing at all, but they are all in theory supporters one way or another. I was equally delighted to get my first season ticket last season and have bought a seat for this season in the new Stadium. I love the club as much as ever and can see what Levy has achieved since his tenure - the club has been transformed in just about every way. I respect that because it has given me and our fans generally a higher level of football and the ability in recent seasons to compete at the highest level, being better than Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, United and City in varying degrees.

Where the club have fallen down in the past 12 months is communication and respect back for the fans. There is an arrogance where many of us feel taken for granted. Of course delays can happen in projects of this size, most would accept that, but it's disingenious to think Levy didn't know what was going on, I would imagine it's been keeping him awake most nights since last May. Of course he may also have been lied to, because he has taken on some big responsibility - the NFL situation for one, but if you're going to do that, then you have to be big enough to deal with when things go wrong. The buck stops with him, in every sense.

The club should be advising fans with monthly updates of what is going on. this would avoid fans losing money on untruthful advice. They should be showing, not just talking about their gratitude for the fans support. Small gestures are easy - pin badges, scarves etc. and reduced or bundled ticket pricing would have been a well received gesture. In stead they appear to have been continually mercenary in their approach and fans certainly at Wembley this season have voted with their feet and stayed away. It's a sad reflection after the noise and great nights last year against Madrid, Liverpool, Arsenal, Dortmund and so on.

Personally I'm still excited for the new stadium but nothing like I was. Levy & Co. have done great things for the club, but don't forget they will benefit hugely, for now they've lost my support, through their apparent disregard and contempt of the real life of many supporters. I hope it changes soon and they don't leave Poch to continually deliver the news. That's cowardice.

Bingo.

I couldn't have put it better myself (I tried, but just get frustrated and don't mean to piss anybody off, especially @Finchbee who has probably unfairly copped the brunt of my anger).

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Bingo.

I couldn't have put it better myself (I tried, but just get frustrated and don't mean to piss anybody off, especially @Finchbee who has probably unfairly copped the brunt of my anger).
end of the day emotions,opinions another person can never be wrong.World has gone mad recently with i`m right youre wrong dividing everyone when its not as if someone is factually wrong,just people dont agree.
And thats fine,unless this stadium........

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
I had lunch with an ST holding mate yesterday, and he has a buddy who is a sparky working at the stadium, he tells us that there is still a mountain of electrical work to be done and says that there is still 3 months to finish it at the earliest. What has been finished looks amazing but much still to do?

Personally, I agree with @Finchbee, I am completely ambivalent about the finish date only because I never believed the date in the first instance, and also having seen and been involved with so many projects throughout my life that take forever. Asking people yesterday about building work and most just put their head in their hands at the futility of trying to get stuff done.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Why doesn't the club (Levy) simply just be brave enough to tell the fans that there is a problem, rather than a constant drip feed of poor information then? Many Fans would then be rightly disappointed, some non plussed and some not, but everyone would know where they stood and help with planning etc.

It's currently the worst of all worlds. hopes up, then dashed, money lost, and the frustration level goes up another notch. With better Communication from the Summer all of this could have been avoided and a positive spin, through a couple of easy gestures, put on the whole scenario. For Global business people they have got their strategy and PR badly wrong in my view.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Why doesn't the club (Levy) simply just be brave enough to tell the fans that there is a problem, rather than a constant drip feed of poor information then? Many Fans would then be rightly disappointed, some non plussed and some not, but everyone would know where they stood and help with planning etc.

It's currently the worst of all worlds. hopes up, then dashed, money lost, and the frustration level goes up another notch. With better Communication from the Summer all of this could have been avoided and a positive spin, through a couple of easy gestures, put on the whole scenario. For Global business people they have got their strategy and PR badly wrong in my view.
A saturday early evening kick off against chelsea,to go above them and the club are emailing like mental.pumping social media to try and sell tickets.This isnt southampton on a weds night!!,the apathy towards wembley cant really be debated no matter what side of the stadium delay issue you hold.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
A saturday early evening kick off against chelsea,to go above them and the club are emailing like mental.pumping social media to try and sell tickets.This isnt southampton on a weds night!!,the apathy towards wembley cant really be debated no matter what side of the stadium delay issue you hold.

Seems like the fans are making thier feelings known, loads of seats but at £52 for a game of football - I'm out!

Reactions: Yid
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member

Yeah very true, I'm going though since it's not the players or Poch's fault and they need our support against these nouveau wankers.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member

I didn't bother repurchasing a ticket at a higher price than the one I had refunded by the club. I'm at a wedding now anyway but would be nice to look forward to games again instead of thinking oh fuck it's wembley. Gonna do Everton away and maybe Leicester away, was considering Burnley at home but can't be fucked with it to be honest. Long way to drive to sit in a stadium I hate, especially when I'll have to pay again to watch it....

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
It's weird, last year with the Champions League against Dortmund and Madrid and the goals and the fantastic football and the results against United, Arsenal and Liverpool in the league etc etc there was a decent buzz at some games and real noise. This year and I'm sure it's largely the Stadium delay, everything feels so dead. Hopefully we beat these plastic cunts and everyone goes home happy.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member

Had about 5 emails about 3 tickets for friends etc. I'm very surprised about the situation getting this bad. I'd of thought this game would max out no problem.

Kind of reminds me of that part in 'the social network' where Facebook goes dead for a minute and the lad that founded it is going mental. No one understands why until he says if you lose people's interest you are fucked. Kinda what's happening here.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
I didn't bother repurchasing a ticket at a higher price than the one I had refunded by the club.

Yeah that stings that does. You can get your nineteenth back and then go to every game again and have it cost as much as the new expensive ticket at White Hart Lane, despite that ticket being a few hundred more than the same ticket last year.

I've no interest in paying a lot more for a stadium I don't want to be in, especially when they have 'no will to sell season tickets for Wembley'...

That's a sneaky move. I voted with my wallet.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Yeah that stings that does. You can get your nineteenth back and then go to every game again and have it cost as much as the new expensive ticket at White Hart Lane, despite that ticket being a few hundred more than the same ticket last year.

I've no interest in paying a lot more for a stadium I don't want to be in, especially when they have 'no will to sell season tickets for Wembley'...

That's a sneaky move. I voted with my wallet.
The thing for me isn't just the stadium but the distance and cost of travel are an issue if I'm not going to like doing it that much, just doesn't feel right not being in Tottenham. Also it takes most of my time away from my family at the weekend so again it's gotta be back in Tottenhamfor it be really home. I'll go to United at "home" wherever the fuck that will be in January but just gonna try for Leicester away and Everton away between now and then. There's a slim chance I'll be down south for the Burnley game so could do that but it's not too likely. I miss the buzz of going down and I just don't get that going to Wembley.