By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Newcastle United A [PL] 13:30 Sun 13th August 2017

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
2017-08-13-Newcastle-United-vs-Tottenham-Hotspur.jpg

The Toon are back in the Premier League, they have drawn the short straw and have to play the 2018 Champions in their first game of the season.

Newcastle United 0 Tottenham Hotspur 3 ( Kane x 2, Dele )

COYS!

Last edited:
Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
At last, normality and the football season returns.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
As I said to a geordie pal,dont worry about the shit player we bought,worry about all the shit players still there,and their best chance was a game after the international breaks when all their players were rested.If they live on that 5-1 they are in for a shock

Newcastle have completed the signing of former Liverpool and Sunderland defender Javier Manquillo,He follows the arrival of wingerJacob Murphy from Norwich, midfielder Christian Atsu from Chelsea and defender Florian Lejeune from Spanish side Eibar.
I am hardly shitting myself.Jonjo shelvey and Krud are about the only 2 in their squad I could name

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
A good game to get the season up and running, perform as we know we can and we'll take the points in this one! I'm just chuffed to have footy back now.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
You get some weird results at the start of the season....this is a banana skin/one of them....not.

Be professional and we'll win comfortably

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Andre Marriner will referee Tottenham's Premier League opener at Newcastle United on Sunday

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
We haven't done too well at Newcastle over the years, in fact we've had a few hidings. I'll settle for an opening day win of any sort, just to get the call rolling, before those cheap nouveau plastic chavs turn up.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
We haven't done too well at Newcastle over the years, in fact we've had a few hidings. I'll settle for an opening day win of any sort, just to get the call rolling, before those cheap nouveau plastic chavs turn up.
I was there a few seasons ago when it was the opening game and we lost 2-1. Demba Vs scored a belter for them. I'm confident if wevplay well then we'll get the win this time though as we're a different team now and will want revenge for the battering we took a couple of seasons ago.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Fake news!!the two seasons before the horrible 5-1 we won 3-1 and 4-0 there.
Is jonjo shelvey really going to tear us a new one?
Ich dont think so !!.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Fake news!!the two seasons before the horrible 5-1 we won 3-1 and 4-0 there.
Is jonjo shelvey really going to tear us a new one?
Ich dont think so !!.
Since 2011 we've won as many as we've lost against this lot. fuckin' hate geordies....;):D

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Since 2011 we've won as many as we've lost against this lot. fuckin' hate geordies....;):D
Steve is going in their lot with geordie kenny "the screwdriver",by choice!:D

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Rose not expected to be fit before the end of August, Lamela even further away. Optimism Trippier not too bad but big doubt for Sun. Son unlikely to be risked.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Rose not expected to be fit before the end of August, Lamela even further away. Optimism Trippier not too bad but big doubt for Sun. Son unlikely to be risked.
Onomah for Son then.........oh wait.

We look a little short in squad depth already maybe? Poch will have a plan, it might be this
Lloris
Dier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen
KWP Dembele, Wanyama, Davies
Dele, Eriksen
Kane

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Onomah for Son then.........oh wait.

We look a little short in squad depth already maybe? Poch will have a plan, it might be this
Lloris
Dier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen
KWP Dembele, Wanyama, Davies
Dele, Eriksen
Kane
I am not normally into line up predictions,but if there is any game to try sissoko its here,when he will get shite from the crowd,also not sure about wanyama`s fitness?havent heard yet,but he missed the last pre-season games.

Bench well I ll have a go
Vorm,errrrr oh yeah wimmer,CCV,georgiou,oh oh janssen,errrrr winks how could i forget him and OFC someone from the crowd if they take their boots,need a bit of notice from Poch,will take awhile to get down all those stairs.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I am not normally into line up predictions,but if there is any game to try sissoko its here,when he will get shite from the crowd,also not sure about wanyama`s fitness?havent heard yet,but he missed the last pre-season games.

Bench well I ll have a go
Vorm,errrrr oh yeah wimmer,CCV,georgiou,oh oh janssen,errrrr winks how could i forget him and OFC someone from the crowd if they take their boots,need a bit of notice from Poch,will take awhile to get down all those stairs.
Thing is if Sissoko's confidence is shot and he doesn't even get any support from our fans, he'll just crumble with abuse from the barcodes as well? we could do with Wanyama being back sharpish and certainly before Chelsea

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Thing is if Sissoko's confidence is shot and he doesn't even get any support from our fans, he'll just crumble with abuse from the barcodes as well? we could do with Wanyama being back sharpish and certainly before Chelsea
I´d throw him in at the deep end,if he cant be motivated there then off to turkey it is.
I think he will rest victor because of chelsea next week,think winks and dembele can cope with toons lightweight midfield?I would guess they will be looking to defend our attacking options?once the confidence gained from beating 2nd div teams is replaced with a reality of eriksen,kane,dele,dembele,toby,jan squaring up and not birmingham or sheff weds outfield XI has evaporated then we arent going to lose this.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
To give an idea of their starting XI this is the team from their friendly with verona last sunday

NEWCASTLE UNITED:4-2-3-1 formation
Elliot (Darlow, 64),Manquillo (Murphy, 64),Lejeune (Lascelles, 64),Clark (Mbemba, 64),Dummett (Gamez, 64),Ritchie, Shelvey (Merino, 64),Hayden, Atsu (Aarons, 64),Perez (de Jong, 72),64),Mitrovic (Diame, 64)..

The only notable absence is "star" striker Dwight Gayle who I am pretty sure toby could deal with,whilst handcuff to a table.
Still shitting yourselves anyone?
Yes its football,funny old game,stranger things have happened,its a game of 2 halves,they`d be over the moon,shit happens,we should not be losing this match,jaysus we should not be drawing this match either.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
When you look at it all its a bloody awful way to start a season not even able to pick your best 11. Looks like wanyama, Trippier and son will be out. Seen wanyama and son have been training. If wanyama could be the beast that he is and start the lineup instantly looks better, otherwise:

-----------Lloris------------
Dier-toby-vert-davies
-----mousa--winks-----
Sissoko--alli--eriksen
-------------kane-------------

Personally I'd be giving NKoudou a game over Sissoko, but I don't see it.

Still we are a different animal than previous encounters with the toon so we got this!!

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
When you look at it all its a bloody awful way to start a season not even able to pick your best 11. Looks like wanyama, Trippier and son will be out. Seen wanyama and son have been training. If wanyama could be the beast that he is and start the lineup instantly looks better, otherwise:

Dier-toby-vert-davies
-----mousa--winks-----
Sissoko--alli--eriksen

Still we are a different animal than previous encounters with the toon so we got this!!
Could be wrong but I think NKoudou is out injured too or at least 50/50..? I'd also give him the start if he's fit.

Anyone know or seen any update on Trippier and the scans he supposedly had Monday? Presuming he won't be fit for Newcastle, praying he's back for Chelsea.

I'd also start Sissoko (if NKoudou isn't fit) which was the one thing I was hoping not to have to say in the first game of the league.. Gives him one last chance to show us he is worth keeping.

Still expect us to win it with the players available as there's still enough quality in there to beat them but the squad is thin imo. Whilst it's good to see a bit of youth there, the bench looks awfully lacking of ready-made, game changing quality or experience to see us through a tight one.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Winger Jacob Murphy says newly-promoted Newcastle United's main priority this season is Premier League survival.

Murphy, who joined from Norwich City for a reported £12m in July, tells Sky Sports: "It's going to be tough.
"The ultimate aim is to stay up and look to kick on next season. What stands out? Every game, I'm looking forward to every game I am involved in."

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member

Dier-toby-vert-davies
-----mousa--winks-----
Sissoko--alli--eriksen

Hi mate you still after a ticket or two , I might know of a couple might cost 40 but that's what I paid

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
TEAM NEWS: @trippier2 (ankle) – Scans confirmed minor ligament damage and a short recovery time is expected.
: @gknkoudou (foot),@ErikLamela (hip) and Danny Rose (knee) will miss out. All other players are available for selection.

So Son and wanyama are ok I guess!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Bloody Hell COYS.....I'm on holiday and can't think about anything else, sad bastard, but would love a winning start and then fuck Chelsea over 3-0.

So we've got a few injuries then....good luck KWP.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
TEAM NEWS: @trippier2 (ankle) – Scans confirmed minor ligament damage and a short recovery time is expected.
: @gknkoudou (foot),@ErikLamela (hip) and Danny Rose (knee) will miss out. All other players are available for selection.

So Son and wanyama are ok I guess!!

I never like the words short recovery period when it's associated with our boys!