By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Newcastle United (H) Sun 25th August 16:30

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

You never know with the toon. It should be a straight-forward win for us, but then the City game should have been a mauling for us. It's great football 'cos you never know which way the VAR decisions will go.We can't afford to lose against any of these lower table sides, so let's win 5-0.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Mike Dean lads,what could possibly go wrong after last week????

Is this his 1st time with us since Poch`s barney and suspension?at burnley.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
It would be so Newcastle and spurs like for them to lose at home Norwich, us get a plucky draw away at city last week only for them to do us at home the following week. Honestly can't see it though. If we get an early goal I think they'll crumble.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
They are a fucking shambles....

We should smash the absolute granny out of them and propell Mr H Kane to the top of the golden boot list where he will fucking stay until we win the league.

3-0 to Newcastle then... 😉

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
What's that smell? Yes, it's Steve Bruce and his Premier League coaching record. A must win game and no excuses not to ensure it is so.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
This should be 3-0 or 4-0 really.

Mike Ashley has destroyed that club and they are little more than cannon-fodder for any team that has any ability whatsoever.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Mike Dean is a coward and a cunt. It's all about him, everyone in football knows it, the sooner he is off the PL list the better. let's hope he doesn't spoil the game and thinks he owes us, because a real bloke like Poch, was big enough to come out and apologise.

With regard to the game we should win this 4-1 or something, although I expect they'll bring a black and white bus with them. Sonny is back I would think or maybe on the bench? perhaps same for Dele. I'd like it if we played 4-2-3-1, which is where we seem most comfortable and a couple of seasons ago scored a lot of goals, rather than this diamond nonsense, I'd like, depending on fitness the following...

Lloris
KWP, Toby,Jan,Rose
Sissoko,Ndombele
Lamela (Son),Eriksen,Moura
Kane

Third game in we need to be winning games like this comfortably, not Villa style!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I got that email today, last time I got one I wrote to Donna Cullen, who to her credit took the trouble to reply. In short they are obliged by the FA/Council/H&S etc. To write to all fans. She accepts that it changes the atmosphere, and that other clubs Liverpool’s Kop for example have persistent standing. At Spurs our local stewards are pretty good, in other areas of the Park Lane they can be much more difficult.

At the end of this season they really need to be candid and sort even implicitly standing and seating areas in Park Lane. Otherwise we will all be high paying sanitised fans akin to those that watch Baseball and NFL and all atmosphere will be lost. I won’t be contributing to the club in that environment, it will be little different to watching on TV

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Spurs injury news: Dele Alli (hamstring) – returned to training with the first team. Juan Foyth (ankle) & Ryan Sessegnon (hamstring) – continuing rehab. Tanguy Ndombele (thigh) – minor injury sustained during training, unavailable this weekend. Son back from suspension.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Hopefully Ndombele isnt a big miss,we wont need 3 DM this game,sissoko should be up to beat the toon boo boys,and winks probably will be enough in CM?Stick Son back in or moura starting with Kane,it comes down to do we play eriksen or lamela/lo celso or go all ossie and play son,moura,kane.Looking at the training pics this week Dier looks like he has lost a fair bit of timber,much like Kane jas done the last few years,if he can get back to 2-3 years ago that could be a real bonus,RB,CB or midfield,under-rated useful player to have IMO.

ECqyXKwXUAAoMAY

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I’d like to see big Eric the destroyer back in the team soon. I like him, not his fault he had such a bad season last time.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I’d like to see big Eric the destroyer back in the team soon. I like him, not his fault he had such a bad season last time.
Injury hit last year,his height is a bonus if he plays RB,decent free kicks,good attitude,like you i will be glad to see him back to add some steel and spite in midfield.Although I have a feeling he may do RB with foyth, KWP?especially if we cash in on aurier,which i am really not arsed about.OFC serge could step up and come good but i have my doubts.Dier also has a good long diagonal ball,more like toby than dawson.Not sure he will start tomorrow,but i expect him back fairly soon.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Something is wrong, very wrong, If we can't beat a team like Newcastle at home then what is the fucking point? I'm not even arsed about VAR fucking us up the arse this week because it gave us a point last week when we are frankly, pony as fuck.., so what' the fucking point of it? We should never have to rely on VAR to give us a penalty against teams like this. Bollocks, total and complete bollocks. I don't know what the problem, is but there is one and it needs to be fucking sorted or I am going to get fucking angry,

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Well from the utter euphoria of watching one of the finest Test match innings i’ve ever seen, to an utterly turgid 90 minutes of football from the boys. Yes we should’ve had a pen and yes Newcastle sat 10 men behind the ball, and when it’s executed as well as they did it today, it’s incredibly hard to break down but we were so sterile, side to side, very little in terms of runners in behind, no pace to our play at all. Really, really disappointing performance, I was bored watching us today, wouldn’t have minded at all if their keeper had pulled of some stunning saves and it was one of those days but the manner of the defeat was pretty pathetic. Oh well, NLD next up, let’s hope we tear them a new hole.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Well from the utter euphoria of watching one of the finest Test match innings i’ve ever seen, to an utterly turgid 90 minutes of football from the boys. Yes we should’ve had a pen and yes Newcastle sat 10 men behind the ball, and when it’s executed as well as they did it today, it’s incredibly hard to break down but we were so sterile, side to side, very little in terms of runners in behind, no pace to our play at all. Really, really disappointing performance, oh well, NLD next up, let’s hope we tear them a new hole.
Its now spelt Turdgid !!

Shocking performance,just like AVB era

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I hate to do this, but a lot of this loss is on Poch. Sissoko has to be kept off of the right at all costs. He is terrible out wide. Even a little wide. In fairness Kane should have finished his squared ball but whatever. At some point you have to start shooting it into the defense and hope thye handball or deflect it in. These endless lobbed crosses aren't going to do it. As for the penalty, I just give up. Probably didn't actually deserve it but that may have been the most obvious penalty ever. It was worse than Erik's takedown last week. In that both players were jostling and then Erik tackled him. Kane literally got slide tackled from behind byt the defenders ARMS! Just get rid of this thing. The onfield ref should have no say. They have too much influence on their buds in the booth. Crap sandwich all around.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I dont want to overreact but imo we've gone backwards.

The spine of our side has been decimated and I dont know if it can be fixed this year other than someone eating a boat load of humble pie and Levy paying crazy wages or us finding a new way to play with our current personnel.

Verts frozen out, Eriksen frozen out (unless were scrambling round for a goal) and Kane suffering from zero service, support doing fuck all to effect the game. Fullbacks worse than last year and playing fucking Sisoko as an makeshift RB.... seriously...!!!

Weve gor GLC and the new Moose who ain't ready... why has every other club who signed players been happy to play them from the off? I dont see the scum benching their record signings because their not fucking ready... why ain't they fucking ready?

Poch talking about a new phase of the project, or spurs now having to operate differently.... I think Trips, Rose, Streaky and Toby have seen this all coming and have made their feelings felt with regard "finding new challenges".

3 games in and we need an international break to regroup...!!!

I said I didnt want to overreact and I fucking have.... I'm just pissed right off at loosing to a fucking shit championship side. Citeh was a smash and grab we deserved fuck all from, Villa performance was utter dross but we got some well earned breaks once we started playing some attacking footy around 70 mins in with Streaky on the pitch.

I wanna hear what Poch says and I want him to throw a few fucks around. I hope he and those players are as fucking angry as I am, but I fucking doubt it the cunts.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Make absolutely no mistake, the Eriksen contract/transfer situation is now costing us points. The fact that we couldn't/wouldn't start with him because we are protecting the "asset" is just disgusting.

I am not for players agitating for a move but his behaviour has been terrible. You don't get to hold the club to ransom and stipulate that you want to be moved on to only a select handful of clubs. You either sign a contract or you are off training by yourself until your contract expires. Let's see who wants in for you then. If he is ever in a matchday squad again, without a new signed contract then I will be livid. This is just the tail wagging the fucking dog now.

He's an absolute fucker and he can fuck right off.

That aside, we are in trouble because Stevie Wonder can see that every mid-table and below team is going to come to our joint and play a 5-5-0...and they know that they can get away with it. We need some new tricks and we need them immediately.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I dont want to overreact but imo we've gone backwards.

The spine of our side has been decimated and I dont know if it can be fixed this year other than someone eating a boat load of humble pie and Levy paying crazy wages or us finding a new way to play with our current personnel.

Verts frozen out, Eriksen frozen out (unless were scrambling round for a goal) and Kane suffering from zero service, support doing fuck all to effect the game. Fullbacks worse than last year and playing fucking Sisoko as an makeshift RB.... seriously...!!!

Weve gor GLC and the new Moose who ain't ready... why has every other club who signed players been happy to play them from the off? I dont see the scum benching their record signings because their not fucking ready... why ain't they fucking ready?

Poch talking about a new phase of the project, or spurs now having to operate differently.... I think Trips, Rose, Streaky and Toby have seen this all coming and have made their feelings felt with regard "finding new challenges".

3 games in and we need an international break to regroup...!!!

I said I didnt want to overreact and I fucking have.... I'm just pissed right off at loosing to a fucking shit championship side. Citeh was a smash and grab we deserved fuck all from, Villa performance was utter dross but we got some well earned breaks once we started playing some attacking footy around 70 mins in with Streaky on the pitch.

I wanna hear what Poch says and I want him to throw a few fucks around. I hope he and those players are as fucking angry as I am, but I fucking doubt it the cunts.

It's not an overreaction mate.

Every word you have typed is bang on the money.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
From the BBC Match report-
  • Tottenham had 79.8% possession, the second-highest figure for a losing side in the Premier League since those records began in 2003-04 - behind only Liverpool's 80.4% against Burnley in August 2016
With that 80% possession we had TWO shots on target, the same as last week against City. 180 minutes of football and just four shots on target?

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
  • Tottenham had 79.8% possession, the second-highest figure for a losing side in the Premier League since those records began in 2003-04 - behind only Liverpool's 80.4% against Burnley in August 2016
With that 80% possession we had TWO shots on target, the same as last week against City. 180 minutes of football and just four shots on target?

The jig is up mate. We have become very easy to defend against, especially at home where we are not afforded the opportunity to play on the counter.

When we have to force the issue we are pretty ordinary.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
"We cannot justify that performance!" | Mauricio …:

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I dont know what I wanted him to say but I dont think it was that...

I know he cant slag the players or drop himself and Levy in the shit and he didn't excuse the performance... he didn't condemn it either. And i didn't hear an apology to the home fans.

He comes across as frustrated to me. I'm no body language guru but he looks uncomfortable when being quizzed about why that performance was served up.

We were the champions league finalists a few months ago and now we've seemingly run out of steam? Has this project genuinely run its course? Does this mean Streaky, Trips, Toby, Jan et al are ahead if the curve with regard what the next phase of this project is? Is a year of shite ready to be served up with wholesale change next year? Now I think I may be overreacting... We can go from heroes to fucking zeros that fast can we?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member

When you factor in the two teams we were playing and how differently they both approached their games with us its glaringly obvious that the issue is with us and not other teams.

If were consistently not performing against differing opposition at differing levels with differing tactics were not enforcing our will on the game.

I couldn't fathom to try and pretend to understand more than Poch as to why this is occurring but I do know:
Winks, while recycling the ball from deep well, does not create a fucking thing.
Sisoko, while powering forward occasionally and breaking up play, does not create a fucking thing (especially from the right).
Lamella, while is industrious and tenacious has to simply be shown to his right hand side to completely nullify his attacking and creative threat.

That's it, that's our creativity, the reason why I think we've had 4 shots in 2 games and ultimately probably a huge reason why Kane looks fucking terrible, isolated and pissed off.

Out of interest as weve dissected the creativity through the middle, what proportion of our crosses were successful yesterday? I only listened to the radio as I was travelling but it seemed that our creativity from wide positions was jank and only improved when Davies came on.

From what I see we seem to have run out of options...!

We have GLC, N'Dombele, Son, Deli all creative players who can change a game..... Poch needs to change something before we play those slags up the road.