By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Norwich (A) PL Sat 28th December 2019

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
NorwichSpurs.jpg

Son, Winks, Sissoko suspended, Lamella fit again? Norwich are officially the worst team in the Premiership, they have only won 3 games this season and have lost 5 of their last 6 home games - so who knows what will happen? Maybe the goons will do us a favour on Sunday, I feel dirty thinking that I want them to win, but they're playing Chelsea so I will have a shower and try and suffer the discomfort.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
These must win games simply dont stop do they...!!!

Norwich try and play football, Cantwell can hurt teams and Puki knows where the goal is.....

I like City as there a local side to me but we have to win this well.

Winks and Sissoko suspended could mean we see much more of GLC and Fat Moose. I'd at least like to see what that looks like

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Well we’re on a one game winning streak so I expect us to double that, but one of those games that Norwich won was against Man City, so it could all go tits up.

if we play like we can play, all will be well, just a few too many if’s at the moment. The team looks a bit old and stale too often. Doesn’t seem long ago we were all going g on about our youthful team. If Maureen gets them to start well, move the ball quickly and our key players perform we’ll be alright. Skipp and Dier??? Skipp and N’Dombele? Who knows, I think Mr Tanguy N’Dombele could be a very fine player, if he sorts his head out it seems?

C’mon lads it’s Christmas let’s win 2-1 again.

ps the ArsenalChelsea result - don’t give much of a fuck as long as there are many many injuries and it’s a boring 0-0 draw.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Well it’s an interesting team and Maureen's certainly giving everyone a go.
Good luck lads go and win the game

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
We’re so lightweight in challenges, just seem to show a lack of basic desire and commitment again?

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Pretty much every single one of Norwich’s players looks more comfortable on the ball than our lot, plus they pass and move it so much slicker than we do. Another laboured performance so far. Can’t think of a single Spurs player that’s had a good half.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
OK, VAR went our way, but that was a goal and they deserved it because it wasn't offside and we are pony. VAR is fucking shit and is ruining the game, Apparently the VAR wankers say he came back from an offside position, but he had got onside before the ball was played - and we are pony, did I mention that? We had a good three minutes about 15 minutes in but the other 42 have been depressingly fucking average. On second thoughts depressingly average would be an improvement.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Fuck VAR, I thought I'd get that in early.
It's saved us tonight so far...That was a perfect goal Pukki scored...doesn't make any sense why it was ruled out...anyway, we'll take it. We're defending like San Marino here..Foyth is way out of his depth imo...Gazziniga is so poor it's frightening...

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
It's saved us tonight so far...That was a perfect goal Pukki scored...doesn't make any sense why it was ruled out...anyway, we'll take it. We're defending like San Marino here..Foyth is way out of his depth imo...Gazziniga is so poor it's frightening...
I agree Foyth looks shaky, but I think Gazza is a good keeper. It's the players who should be stopping theses attacks who need a kick up the arse.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
From the Champion's League final to being rescued by a wrong VAR decision against the worst side in the PL - fuck, what the fuck has happened? I hope wossisname will kick their arses, hard and we will see a proper performance in the second half.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
That's just not good enough from so many players tonight...alot of them are simply not good enough..Gazziniga, Aurier, Foyth, Lo Celso etc. I dont blame Mourinho though....

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Ultimately disappointing to drop 2 points, but I suppose given how shit we were in the 1st half and how we came back from being behind twice, it’s not a disaster. These woeful 1st half performances are really pissing me off, I also can’t wait till we get a decent rb, not that there was much he could do for the 2nd goal. Ndombele and Eriksen were really decent in the 2nd half, along with Moura who injected a bit of much needed energy.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
If they are going to persist with this VAR bullshit then at least make it easier to judge offside. The way it is done now allows for too much ambiguity. Just make it from where the player’s boot is. If they are leaning forward, who gives a fuck.

That was a goal and Norwich were robbed.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Lamela best player on pitch for me....did fuck all but made one challenge and we scored from resulting penalty

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Thought Dele was poor too, but even though Kane was quiet, he still had the cleverness when needed to get the pen...he knew exactly what he was doing. ..different class.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
If they are going to persist with this VAR bullshit then at least make it easier to judge offside. The way it is done now allows for too much ambiguity. Just make it from where the player’s boot is. If they are leaning forward, who gives a fuck.

That was a goal and Norwich were robbed.

I agree. Foot or from the hip. It needs to be from a fair point (pivot point) . The offside is so biased towards the defender now it takes the piss. Its simple maths, if a person runs he does so at an angle, if a person defends he most likely stands up straight. This new offside rule pretty much dictates (depending on height) that a striker sits at least a yard back from a defender. It's fucking stupid. A striker with the new rule can rarely mug off a defender as if he has the better of him chances are he's offside by his shoulder due the angle.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
On the game..

Simple really, fucking pathetic.

All over the place in the 1st half with a stupid formation. Tried to change it in the 2nd but ultimately out fought by Norwich (bottom of the league, can't keep teams out Norwich) we looked mighty ordinary.

One thing that gets me is our wing play. I know Liverpool are now a bit of a force but anything Robertson or Arnold put in the box is somewhat threatening. Aurier couldn't hit a barn door 90%of the time.

Why the fuck is Eriksen our corner taker. Most of the time you get over it but 95th minute corner and for that dick to hit the first man is criminal. Doesn't need to be perfect but last kick of the game give the lads something to strike. Fuck me!! And he was man of the match!

Pure dung really. We are achieving fuck all improvement as things stand. Dele has been better but that's it. Oh are you dele or his brother tee hee hee. Fuck off!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Well entertaining game is the best I can takeaway from that.

The constant errors are so frustrating,if its not the keeper(s),its anyone of the defence,keep giving the ball away far too much,eriksen finally put a hard tackle in,but on Ndombele!!and if this is his last game for us quite fittingly the last touch was a corner that didnt beat the 1st man!!Also they had a CB off the field for treatment and we took a short corner?really our decision making is really dumb at times and not just in defence.
I saw a stat that the first half we launched 33 hoof balls upfield,I wonder why we paid over £100 for 2 midfielders who must have sore necks from looking skywards as the ball sails over their heads time after time.The way we start games so slow is truly baffling,we know its a problem and yet still 1st halves we are useless mostly.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I’m afraid we look a lot like headless chickens at the moment, without much obvious shape, desire or intent. It’s just not ‘clicking’ we can’t keep the ball or seemingly pass it for any length of time. It’s difficult to find Kane in these last few games and the energy of the new manager seems to have dwindled.
I like the look of N’Dombele and Eriksen played well but for Jan and Foyth to be subbed at HT spoke volumes. It’s time for a ruthless overhaul. I know we were missing several key players but that squad is good enough to beat Norwich. Or at least it should have been. The defence is an awful mess.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
I’m afraid we look a lot like headless chickens at the moment, without much obvious shape, desire or intent. It’s just not ‘clicking’ we can’t keep the ball or seemingly pass it for any length of time. It’s difficult to find Kane in these last few games and the energy of the new manager seems to have dwindled.
I like the look of N’Dombele and Eriksen played well but for Jan and Foyth to be subbed at HT spoke volumes. It’s time for a ruthless overhaul. I know we were missing several key players but that squad is good enough to beat Norwich. Or at least it should have been. The defence is an awful mess.

Yup, if I had my way i’d get rid of pretty much every single defender we currently have on our books. Toby’s the only decent defender we have and the only one i’d trust to put in a calm assured performance. Jan looks shot, slow, positional awareness gone, Sanchez, freaks me out whenever the ball’s anywhere near him, whether in possession, under a high ball or just defending! Foyth, I know he’s young and looks really good at times but he has to be smarter when in possession, he always seems to have 1 or 2 calamitous moments in games, which invariably lead to a goal. Aurier, just can’t wait till he’s gone, KWP, clearly Poch nor Mourinho were/are fans, Rose, fuck knows what’s going on with him, Davies along with Toby, probably our most dependable defender. Rock solid we are!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Well entertaining game is the best I can takeaway from that.

The constant errors are so frustrating,if its not the keeper(s),its anyone of the defence,keep giving the ball away far too much,eriksen finally put a hard tackle in,but on Ndombele!!and if this is his last game for us quite fittingly the last touch was a corner that didnt beat the 1st man!!Also they had a CB off the field for treatment and we took a short corner?really our decision making is really dumb at times and not just in defence.
I saw a stat that the first half we launched 33 hoof balls upfield,I wonder why we paid over £100 for 2 midfielders who must have sore necks from looking skywards as the ball sails over their heads time after time.The way we start games so slow is truly baffling,we know its a problem and yet still 1st halves we are useless mostly.
I was tempted to play the "backwards, square, to an opposition player, long aimless ball" drinking game, but I didn't have enough alcohol available, so I just got grumpy and said 'fer feck's sake' a lot.