By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Olympiakos vs Tottenham Tues/weds cup 18-9-2019 17.55pm

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Hugo on Olympiacos: "It’s a hard place to play, not an easy place to start our Champions League campaign. We come here with humility and to try to start this competition in the right way."

Poch: "It's so early to start talking about the final. I don't care if because we reached the final people think we are a contender again. It's only to try to be focused tomorrow on trying to win and starting in a good way."

In keeping with Pochettino leaving people behind for European trips as he rotates his squad, neither Danny Rose nor Serge Aurier have travelled to Greece. Giovani Lo Celso is out until around the end of October,
Spurs injury news: Juan Foyth (ankle) - remains at Hotspur Way having just returned to full training. Giovani Lo Celso (hip) - early stages of rehabilitation. Ryan Sessegnon (hamstring) - undergoing assessment after reporting irritation with previous hamstring injury.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Some questions:
Have we bought a Pup in Ryan Sessegnon?
When will Eric Dier get a game?
Who is our first choice Right back assuming all are fit?
Based on recent evidence and assuming full fitness what does our first team look like?

Here's a dart
.....Only joking, he he!!

Hugo
Foyth, Toby, JV, Rose
Sissoko, N'Dombele
Son, Eriksen. Dele
Kane

That's tough on a lot of players, most notably Lamela at the moment. but squad strength is starting to show. and that's good.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Some questions:
Have we bought a Pup in Ryan Sessegnon?
When will Eric Dier get a game?
Who is our first choice Right back assuming all are fit?
Based on recent evidence and assuming full fitness what does our first team look like?

Here's a dart
View attachment 1025.....Only joking, he he!!

Hugo
Foyth, Toby, JV, Rose
Sissoko, N'Dombele
Son, Eriksen. Dele
Kane

That's tough on a lot of players, most notably Lamela at the moment. but squad strength is starting to show. and that's good.
tough on winks too IMHO

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
tough on winks too IMHO
Yes true, I'm most impressed by Lamela though even with only one foot, have I mentioned that? His energy, tackling, tracking back etc. is brilliant. He must be fully fit for about the first time ever since joining us. If this group can put a winning run together of about the next 5-6 league games, we will have great momentum and confidence going into the Christmas period. The two away draws at City and Arsenal are 2 points gained in my view, shame we couldn't hold on against the Scum, but we've been 2-0 up there before and it ended far worse....

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
so looks like
Lloris; KWP, Toby, Jan, Davies; Sissoko, NDombele; Lucas, Dele, Eriksen, Kane
?

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
There's a piece on the club's official site 'behind the scenes' our journey to Greece.

Have a look at Vertonghens ridiculous skills about 4mins.30 in........

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Parrott played for the U19s in Athens today 1-1 draw,guess who scored??So dont be upset he isnt on the bench tonight.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Parrott played for the U19s in Athens today 1-1 draw,guess who scored??So dont be upset he isnt on the bench tonight.
Hope he'll start against Colchester of get a few minutes at least if we're 2-3 up.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Hope he'll start against Colchester of get a few minutes at least if we're 2-3 up.
Dunno about league cup,but when you`re 17,minutes on the pitch is a big part of his education.Playing in Athens,instead of just carrying water bottles tonight is the right choice in his progression for now.Poch has said it will be slowly slowly,Dele was already playing 1st team football for over a season at MK Dons even though he was still a kid,so direct comparisons are a bit off cos Dele got experience of competitive football so early.
But like you I am gagging for him to begin his long successful career with us.Its a balance,hope we treat him right.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Olympiakos: Sa, Semedo, Bouchalakis, Guilheme, Guerrero, Podence, Elabdellaoui, Masouras, Meriah, Tsimikas, Valbuena.
Subs:Allain, Camara, Benzia, El Arabi, Papadopoulos, Torosidis, Randjelovic.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Dembele.... get your head out your ass lad....

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
2-1 feels a bit flattering and we look a bit lethargic, but i’ll take it. Good second half please lads. Difficult opening game.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Dembele has looked fucked from the start. Slow, off the pace, behind play, poor passing.
I dont see the player we paid a shit boat of money for?

Last edited:
J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Very poor individual performances from some of our players, They were up for it at home, though, and to be fair it was a very open and entertaining game for most of the 90 minutes. Just have to beat them at home..

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
that was pathetic. reminded me of woolwich a couple weeks ago.

simply pathetic.

a point away to them after being up 2-0 is not what we need if we want to top the group....

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Nothing wrong with going 5-4-1 in big games when you’re 2-0 up and coming away with a win. It’s not entertaining but it’s effective and we need to learn how to close a game down.

Still take a 2-2 away though at a difficult place.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
They seemed technically good when moving forwards. Verts had a torrid time defending one on one and Sanchez looked way off the pace again.
We gave them the ball far far too often and they were good at keeping it.
Kane disappeared for 90 mins other than his regular penalty (which was another fucking corker) and when his shot spanked the bar when he was offside.
Winks was tidy turning the ball from side to side. Sisoko didn't do much, Dembele was anonymous.
And streaky.......... jank.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Didnt see all of the game as had somewhere to be but didnt seem like I missed much. A point away isn't bad but we could really do with beating bayern now, if we dont win the games and struggle in Serbia we'll have another last day turn of events to go in our favour again and you can't expect to get lucky with other results regularly in this competition. Three points next please...

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Bit of a shite performance. Looked like we figured we had won before we kicked off. We need to get rid of that mentality. I dunno what Pep does with City but they are savage against any team they play. Treat games with the respect they deserve. Apart from Norwich.. He got that wrong lol.

We really need to get better at passes from the centre of the park. We handed the ball back to them time and time again.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

"In the beginning of this season we are conceding a lot of chances and lots of goals and we need to change that.

"The only way we can change is being more demanding from ourselves. That is the way we are going to approach the different days and be more consistent. Training needs to be harder. Psychologically harder.

"I feel very disappointed. In the first half, I wasn't happy with our performance. From the beginning we had a plan, and we didn't respect the plan. That is what disappointed me most, and that is what I told the players at half-time."

Yid

Yid

Founding Member

"In the beginning of this season we are conceding a lot of chances and lots of goals and we need to change that.

"The only way we can change is being more demanding from ourselves. That is the way we are going to approach the different days and be more consistent. Training needs to be harder. Psychologically harder.

"I feel very disappointed. In the first half, I wasn't happy with our performance. From the beginning we had a plan, and we didn't respect the plan. That is what disappointed me most, and that is what I told the players at half-time."
And if we're not following Poch's plan I'd expect a fucking rocket up their arses and players dropped who are not doing as told.

Poch is way more important than any of those players even H and if he is being undermined he needs to deal with it.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So how many times did Eriksen give the ball away last night?90min game,we had 50% odd possesion,whats reasonable for the 45mins-ish we had the ball??

I am tempted to not say what I saw quoted so as to make you guess,but i am no tease.as the RHCP sang......

22 times he gave it away,gave it away gave it away now.