By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Other Sports - Running...

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Well I most definately wernt a runner...

I suppose I would be considered as one now though...

This winter sees me digging into the meaty end of my 4th year of marathon training. This all happened by accident as I was in transition from power lifter to triathlete and marathoning kinda got in the way.

My plan is to run the Virgin London Marathon in 2017 for the 4th year on the bounce (trainloning hasn't taken off in anger yet.....still).

I'm running again to raise money and awareness for Children with Cancer UK.

I used to post up a running commentary (intentional pun) at the other gaff about my journey over the long training period that prepared me for my 4/5 hours of pain once a year in the spring.

Iv had all sorts of trials and tribulations along the way with torn calf muscles... inflamed sciatic nerves... flu viruses... back spasms that doubled me sideways so much I literally couldn't stand up straight for a month.

Reading that back you may ask why...?

Well watch this video and then tell me why fucking not...!
Gonna be honest i didn't start of as a philanthropic doo gooder, I started of as a fella who wanted to complete a marathon. I did that a couple of times but doing it for a charity... doing it for others and giving somthing back and doing somthing good sits very nicely with me.

Yes I still want to improve my running and I still want to bag that sub 4hr marathon but the knowledge that I am doing somthing good for kiddies who don't deserve to suffer and often die from this shitty disease helps me to think about Karma being balanced on my behalf.

Anyways as per I am doing loads of crazy shit to raise money so if you want to follow my progress check in from time to time and if you have a bet on the Yids and are feeling a bit flush chuck me a quid or two if you can.

I'm fundraising with a few pals this year so it's a shared page to cover more angles.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Well the training seems to be going well.

Thrown a little unplanned curve ball into my training by forcing my body to cope with running under fatigue.

I ran a extra 10k (3 in total) maintainance run last week on top of my standard weekend long run. the trick to this extra run was that I pushed all runs together in a single block to accumulate the fatigue. that fatigue had 2 days to subside before I cracked on with the longer (11mile) run.

Gonna maintain this AFT Accumulative Fatigue Training for another 2 weeks if I can and then go back to a more traditional programme as the miles tick on past the half marathon distance.
29 miles last week, 30 this and 31/32 next before bringing it back a bit for a rest.

Got a bit of an ankle niggle I'm going to see the miracle working osteopath about on Wednesday... hopefully this won't affect my training.

The fundraising is doing OK too. It has taken a bit of a turn as I have 2 good mates running the race with me so we have shared the burden of raising the cash.

One of my mates little girls has offered up 12 inches of her hair if we hit the £500 mark before chrimbo... we should smash that. Proper little angel that girl.

As I got videos being waxed last year I quickly nominated my mate (who happily videoed it) to step up and take one for the team. The new comer I nominated to get pierced after we've run a facebook poll to decide what is getting skewered. Can't wait to film this one...!!!

So..... me... it was all heading down the road of me getting videoed getting a tattoo as the next evolution of self abuse people pay to watch me endure. I stupidly voiced my opinion that I considered this an absolutely SHIT idea... which lead to the revamped idea of me being live broadcasted whilst receiving colonic irrigation...!!!

So if any of you want to see my entire world literally fall out of my actual arse hole...... the donation link is below...

http://m.virginmoneygiving.com/mt/u....action?userUrl=CWCUK&faId=760787&isTeam=true

BTW I'm the good looking cunt on the right.

Thanks for reading Yids.

Please comment or ask questions if you wanna know more.

Last edited:
Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member

Thrown a little unplanned curve ball into my training by forcing my body to cope with running under fatigue.

I ran a extra 10k (3 in total) maintainance run last week on top of my standard weekend long run. the trick to this extra run was that I pushed all runs together in a single block to accumulate the fatigue. that fatigue had 2 days to subside before I cracked on with the longer (11mile) run.

Gonna maintain this AFT Accumulative Fatigue Training for another 2 weeks if I can and then go back to a more traditional programme as the miles tick on past the half marathon distance.
29 miles last week, 30 this and 31/32 next before bringing it back a bit for a rest.

Got a bit of an ankle niggle I'm going to see the miracle working osteopath about on Wednesday... hopefully this won't affect my training.

The fundraising is doing OK too. It has taken a bit of a turn as I have 2 good mates running the race with me so we have shared the burden of raising the cash.

One of my mates little girls has offered up 12 inches of her hair if we hit the £500 mark before chrimbo... we should smash that. Proper little angel that girl.

As I got videos being waxed last year I quickly nominated my mate (who happily videoed it) to step up and take one for the team. The new comer I nominated to get pierced after we've run a facebook poll to decide what is getting skewered. Can't wait to film this one...!!!

So..... me... it was all heading down the road of me getting videoed getting a tattoo as the next evolution of self abuse people pay to watch me endure. I stupidly voiced my opinion that I considered this an absolutely SHIT idea... which lead to the revamped idea of me being live broadcasted whilst receiving colonic irrigation...!!!

So if any of you want to see my entire world literally fall out of my actual arse hole...... the donation link is below...

http://m.virginmoneygiving.com/mt/u....action?userUrl=CWCUK&faId=760787&isTeam=true

Thanks for reading Yids.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit scared to click on the link if it means watching things that come out of your arsehole.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.

Thanks for reading Yids.

Well done again mate, when you're not built for this type of running it makes it all the more of an achievement. My wife recently ran her first marathon, so I can appreciate how much training you are doing.

Having had to regularly undertake the practice of giving myself steroidal enemas for health reasons when I was younger, I don't recommend your proposed idea.:eek:

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
I'll get on it on Friday mate when I get some readies

Reactions: Yid
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Happy to support your amazing effort again this year mate. Cash on it's way.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Happy to support your amazing effort again this year mate. Cash on it's way.
Don Diaz..... Many thanks for your donation mate.

I appreciate all the help and support and so do all those children who desperately need it.

Thanks again.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Well done again mate, when you're not built for this type of running it makes it all the more of an achievement. My wife recently ran her first marathon, so I can appreciate how much training you are doing.

Having had to regularly undertake the practice of giving myself steroidal enemas for health reasons when I was younger, I don't recommend your proposed idea.:eek:
I also didn't propose this idea.

However when my suggestions of a waxing and a piercing was pushed through..... I drew the short straw and was at their mercy. Tbh..... I'd take this over a tattoo.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Ooooooofff...!!!

Well this running while fucked is an interesting old job.

Finished my 2nd week of 30k maintainence runs all back to back without rest days. Managed to do all the miles at a decent pace too even when hanging out my arse towards the end of the runs and when I hit an incline. Overall I don't feel too bad

I'm planning at least 1 more week of "Hansen'esq" style of training in addition to my weekends long run... hopefully this running while tired combined with my bigger miles will start some physical adaptation so I can cope with more punishment. 12 miles to tick off this weekend will be a lovely old touch and set me up to break through the 15/16 mile barrier well before I trough my way through all the mince pies.

My heart and lungs seem to be in great shape right now. I have a little niggle with the front of my right ankle that I think I have found the root cause of and am addressing it... Fingers crossed it blows over without too much drama and the highly trained medical team I have assembled can patch me up accordingly. Dr Ibuprofen and Nurse ice pack seem to be working well.

So... into the fundraising. I'm doing this with a few pals this year as we're all running for the same brilliant charity.
imgres

One of my mates little girls has decided to help raise money by pledging to have her hair cut off so that it can be made into wigs for kids who loose their hair through treatment. That is one he'll of a commitment for a 6 year old who has never had her hair cut...!!!

If you remember last year I got waxed for charity and my pal kindly video it for me while pissing himself. He has now succumbed to peer pressure and has agreed to get waxed once we hit £500.... we're not a million miles off at all... He's fucked...!!!

21st of this month were doing a charity bucket rattle which will hopefully help us to get close to the next trigger which means my other pal has to get a piercing...!!! Ha he's fucked too...!!! I don't want to talk about what happens when we reach the next milestone as it's my turn and I'm shitting it... I'm fucked...!!!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member

Sorry bruv I missed this... how'd she get on?

Willing to bet she vowed to never run again...... and then a week later is looking at what to do next... That bug bites hard bruv.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member

Willing to bet she vowed to never run again...... and then a week later is looking at what to do next... That bug bites hard bruv.
I might do a a wank for charity next year I'll piss it I won't even stop because of scabs ...just preparing you lot

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.

She didn't have too many problems until near the end. It was a shocking day weather wise, really windy and humid. She ran around 4:28. Took her quite a while to recover, she wants to keep doing longer stuff but she might drop down so she doesn't have to take so long to recover. I think for her it's a way of having a goal to keep exercising for.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Soooooo that's me 3 week done (apart from this weekends half marathon im going to have to find time to do) on the Hanson training method.

I AM FUCKED. Not fucked injured, fucked tired...!!! I don't suppose this should be too much of a surprise and this in essence is the exact thing I'm trying to achieve.

The decision to "have a week off"* to alow myself to recover is the next big move I make. do I squeeze out another week of condensed training and then rest or do I consolidate my gains now and see where the land really lies in terms of what gains I have made in these 3 weeks.

Current runs project that I have upped my game... quite considerably.

Not my last 10k mid week run but the 2 previous that I ran in diferent places (work & home routes) have been personal record runs for those respective routes. I think the last work run I did may nave been a personal record 10k pace recording every mile under 8 minute pace.

Fundraising is going well and we've reached the first 500 quid target so my may is booked in for a waxing.... we're in our way to getting my pal pierced.... silly cunt.... but not as silly as me.

Anyways yids just a small update. Let's hop my weekend run is as easy as our game against the Chavs fucks and we are all winners come Monday morning.

As before if you can spare a shekel or two and want to see what my ugly mug looks like while having my bowels infiltrated by a Henry hoover then click on one of the links in previous posts.

Thanks again boys appreciate the support.

*week of will not be in the Maldives Guzzling beer and munching Doritos it will be split runs of a slightly lower mileage and intensity. Rest my fucking arse...!!!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
So this half marathon I was shedualed to do.... that fucking evolved.

I went out early doors with my usual group and bashed out an early x country 10k that felt like 10 fuckin miles. I then ferried the little uns and the rest of my herd to Colchester for ballet and other shit only having done half of my shedualed mileage but otherwise feeling reasonably tiptop.

So I taps up a pal I knew had been away for the weekend and politely enquired about what he was doing for runs and he drops in that he'd planned an evening jaunt for around 9 miles. This if you do some sums is cumulatively significantly longer than I wanted and had done so far this season.

However it went OK, as I ticked off my 15th mile of the day in knew I'd done a decent run but as the dust settles and the 6 pork belly slices in my gut slowly digest on my rest day I'm buzzing that iv made a very decent leap forwards in my training.

Now I need to drop back these long miles for a week so that I can go into the new year fresh and most importantly feeling good and uninjured.

So overall things going well fundraising up to well over £600 quid now mainly due to the brave little girl who has sacrificed her hair so that it can be made into a wig for a poor unfortunate little who has lost their hair through chemo.

As before if you can follow a link in previous posts and give what you can.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Kickback week done and other than a mildly tight calf after my 2nd recovery run on the Thursday I feel fresh and absolutely chomping at the bit to get stuck back in to see 2016 out strongly with I hope a 15 or 16 mile plod.

I think I'm going to drop back onto the Hansons method again and give it a bit of a push over the next 21 days with some condensed mileage..... With more condensed mileage...!!!

The plan is to progress on from the 3 x 10k midweek runs to a back to back 6/7 & 8 mile block followed by a weekend long run starting with a 12 is weekend.

I may even bump those miles again by adding a mile to each of the 3 runs each week finishing on a 9/10/11 mid week maintainence.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
2nd AFT Week 1 complete. 6/7/8.

Tired.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Chrimbo came just in time for me tbh as I was properly fucked tired from the intensive training.

It did however work as my pace and times started to tumble giving me a chance to run at a faster pace well within my limitations.

However come this week the marathon training has started in ernest.

Much shorter runs than iv been sticking in topping out with a slow 8 miler today.

There is however 1 days less rest as my weekend long run is always preceeded by a shorter run on the Saturday. This is perfectly fees able for the next few months but when I start hitting the 18-22 mile range that little fucker may slide the way of the lay in on occaision...!!!

This plan takes me up to 50 mile weeks where I top off on week 12 after a 22 miler. This is way more miles than I have ever done before but if I want to succeed and be the best I can I have to stick the hard work in now as it simply doesn't just happen you have to graft.

The prog also works on both strength and speed leading upto the 3rd week or endurance mileage you have to do. This is to try and make these longer miles more comfortable and sustainable. Basically weeks 1-4 (speed) & 5-8 (strength) prep you for the 9-12 (endurance).

The paces on this plan are what I would describe a little spicy... the plan is designed for a runner looking to finish in 3:30 and I don't think I'm anywhere near that type of speed as holding an 8 min mile pace for 26+ miles is insanely good.

I have set myself the potential target of a 3:45 time btu tbh any time under 4 is superb for me and that is my true target.

I'm gonna train for a 3:45 as best I can and if my body responds and can cope with the pace I can run fast enough to do that sort of finish time..... I hope.

Anyway the reason I'm doing this is to raise cash and awareness for Children with Cancer UK and do date we've clocked around 2 grand which in some ways is fantastic.

I say some ways as getting to this amount means I have to perform a forfeit that was chosen by my running pals.....

I am having to have my bowels hoovered out live in Facebook....!!!

I am soooooo not looking forward to having a garden hose up my Harris and my innards swill ed round with the dirty dishwater...

Before that happens however pal 1 had a waxing and pal 2 has gotta get himself pierced.

I post the vids obviously.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Chrimbo came just in time for me tbh as I was properly fucked tired from the intensive training.

It did however work as my pace and times started to tumble giving me a chance to run at a faster pace well within my limitations.

However come this week the marathon training has started in ernest.

Much shorter runs than iv been sticking in topping out with a slow 8 miler today.

There is however 1 days less rest as my weekend long run is always preceeded by a shorter run on the Saturday. This is perfectly fees able for the next few months but when I start hitting the 18-22 mile range that little fucker may slide the way of the lay in on occaision...!!!

This plan takes me up to 50 mile weeks where I top off on week 12 after a 22 miler. This is way more miles than I have ever done before but if I want to succeed and be the best I can I have to stick the hard work in now as it simply doesn't just happen you have to graft.

The prog also works on both strength and speed leading upto the 3rd week or endurance mileage you have to do. This is to try and make these longer miles more comfortable and sustainable. Basically weeks 1-4 (speed) & 5-8 (strength) prep you for the 9-12 (endurance).

The paces on this plan are what I would describe a little spicy... the plan is designed for a runner looking to finish in 3:30 and I don't think I'm anywhere near that type of speed as holding an 8 min mile pace for 26+ miles is insanely good.

I have set myself the potential target of a 3:45 time btu tbh any time under 4 is superb for me and that is my true target.

I'm gonna train for a 3:45 as best I can and if my body responds and can cope with the pace I can run fast enough to do that sort of finish time..... I hope.

Anyway the reason I'm doing this is to raise cash and awareness for Children with Cancer UK and do date we've clocked around 2 grand which in some ways is fantastic.

I say some ways as getting to this amount means I have to perform a forfeit that was chosen by my running pals.....

I am having to have my bowels hoovered out live in Facebook....!!!

I am soooooo not looking forward to having a garden hose up my Harris and my innards swill ed round with the dirty dishwater...

Before that happens however pal 1 had a waxing and pal 2 has gotta get himself pierced.

I post the vids obviously.
This post needs a 'mental' button. Good luck Yid, no need to post the bowel video!!!

Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Tell me you didn't twist an ankle
Yeah.... bastard fucking things...!!!

The area was all leaves and while I knew it was not completely flat where the hole was was hidden and the muck in it was also soft with the wet weather.... not just a little "oh that wasn't pleasant" and crack on , a full on "ah fuck you fucking stupid cunt"..... and crack on.

I finished the run and on target pace but whined about it...!!!

Just been out tonight to do another pace/strength session. Made sure it was all roads and paths so lateral movement was kept to an absolute minimum. 5 miles with a 1 x mile 9 min mile warm up/cool down withere 3 x miles at 7:20 pace.....

Wow that was a fucking spicey session...!!!

My legs are fucking tingling from the exertion and I am lying in bed tired... but wired...!!!

Day off tomorrow and then a 3 or 4 miles jog on Sat and a Sunday long of 12 miles at a steady pace.

Whoop Whoop and that will be 2 weeks of 16 done.