By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Pre Season 2018/19

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I've heard a couple of interesting things that will, maybe, definitely, be happening pre start of the new season. Wasn't sure where to post them so I thought here would be the best place for anything Pre season that isn't transfer or new stadium related.

First of all (as posted yesterday by skiathos) the new fixtures come out on 14th June. I'm not sure if we'll know by then whether we need 2-3 fixtures away from home at the start of the season...which will depend on the Stadium build. The new stadium will feel like an away fixture anyway for the first couple of months before it becomes 'home'. Expect stories of a new Wembley style 'hoodoo'.

Second we are apparently playing Barcelona in Los Angeles on 28th July as part of a US tournament, as per last year. The other teams involved are Milan and Roma. This isn't confirmed yet.

So any other Pre season tit bits, selfies of you with Neymar when Brazil use our training centre pre world Cup, stick it all in here.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I've heard a couple of interesting things that will, maybe, definitely, be happening pre start of the new season. Wasn't sure where to post them so I thought here would be the best place for anything Pre season that isn't transfer or new stadium related.

First of all (as posted yesterday by skiathos) the new fixtures come out on 14th June. I'm not sure if we'll know by then whether we need 2-3 fixtures away from home at the start of the season...which will depend on the Stadium build. The new stadium will feel like an away fixture anyway for the first couple of months before it becomes 'home'. Expect stories of a new Wembley style 'hoodoo'.

Second we are apparently playing Barcelona in Los Angeles on 28th July as part of a US tournament, as per last year. The other teams involved are Milan and Roma. This isn't confirmed yet.

So any other Pre season tit bits, selfies of you with Neymar when Brazil use our training centre pre world Cup, stick it all in here.
Lots of rumours of US tour again,makes sense with the NFL link this season,only thing is fans will feel a bit cheated cos I dont think any or many of the WC players will be going.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...p-100418/?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Spurs returning to the States for 2018 International Champions Cup
Posted on 10 April 2018 - 15:00
We are delighted to announce that the Club will be returning to the United States this summer to compete in the 2018 International Champions Cup (ICC).
ustourlc730.jpg

The trip marks our third successive participation in the ICC and follows a successful pre-season tour of the US to compete in the tournament last year.

The ICC is due to announce fixtures, dates and venues for all participating teams in this summer’s competition next week.

As a Club, we are rightfully proud of our passionate and loyal following across North America which includes 65 Official Supporters Clubs across the region, more than any other Premier League team.

Throughout every tour, we seek to engage at grassroots level through our comprehensive and authentic youth coaching programmes, as well as immersing ourselves in the local culture.As always we shall look to provide our fans with a host of opportunities to see the team up close through our range of supporter and community events, details of which shall be announced in the lead up.

Chairman Daniel Levy said: “This summer’s tour will be the sixth time in nine years that we have toured the US and we are all excited to be returning again later this year.

“Our following in North America has grown considerably during this time with the number of Official Supporters Clubs alone more than quadrupling.

“We are grateful to have such strong support in the US and we are fully aware of the sacrifices they make to watch us play at any hour of the day. We look forward to showing them our appreciation when we visit this summer.

“The 2018-19 season is set to be an historic one for our Club with the opening of our new world-class stadium and this tour will provide the ideal preparation for Mauricio and the team.”

You can follow all the news of our tour on tottenhamhotspur.com/spursinusa/ and across all of the Club’s social channels using the hashtag #SpursInUSA.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
If true, I may try to see them in LA v Barcelona.

I also read somewhere else that Spurs may be playing in Pittsburg as well.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new...p-100418/?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

We are delighted to announce that the Club will be returning to the United States this summer to compete in the 2018 International Champions Cup (ICC).
ustourlc730.jpg

The trip marks our third successive participation in the ICC and follows a successful pre-season tour of the US to compete in the tournament last year.

The ICC is due to announce fixtures, dates and venues for all participating teams in this summer’s competition next week.

As a Club, we are rightfully proud of our passionate and loyal following across North America which includes 65 Official Supporters Clubs across the region, more than any other Premier League team.

Throughout every tour, we seek to engage at grassroots level through our comprehensive and authentic youth coaching programmes, as well as immersing ourselves in the local culture.As always we shall look to provide our fans with a host of opportunities to see the team up close through our range of supporter and community events, details of which shall be announced in the lead up.

Chairman Daniel Levy said: “This summer’s tour will be the sixth time in nine years that we have toured the US and we are all excited to be returning again later this year.

“Our following in North America has grown considerably during this time with the number of Official Supporters Clubs alone more than quadrupling.

“We are grateful to have such strong support in the US and we are fully aware of the sacrifices they make to watch us play at any hour of the day. We look forward to showing them our appreciation when we visit this summer.

“The 2018-19 season is set to be an historic one for our Club with the opening of our new world-class stadium and this tour will provide the ideal preparation for Mauricio and the team.”

You can follow all the news of our tour on tottenhamhotspur.com/spursinusa/ and across all of the Club’s social channels using the hashtag #SpursInUSA.
'London Calling' that would be a tune for the new Stadium

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse

ustourlc730.jpg

Interesting that they have inserted the NWHL in the London Skyline.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Hopefully one of those is in NY. Desperately want to see them again and a London trip is a few years off.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Spurs' pre-season matches during their tour of the USA: July 25 v Roma in San Diego, July 28 v Barcelona in Los Angeles, July 31 v AC Milan in Minneapolis.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Spurs' pre-season matches during their tour of the USA: July 25 v Roma in San Diego, July 28 v Barcelona in Los Angeles, July 31 v AC Milan in Minneapolis.
world cup finishes 15th July.....Season starts 11th August. Is this good preparation?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
If we have say 5 players in the World Cup squad, then I can't see many of them going to the USA?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
If we have say 5 players in the World Cup squad, then I can't see many of them going to the USA?
The English ones will be OK, because they'll have had a few weeks at home before the silly American games kick off, so will Christian, Davinson and Sonny. Will Erik get the call from Argentina? Probably not. Hugo might be there until the end, but he won't be too tired will he? Sissoko will probably play for France as well and be a bit better than he is for us. Our three Belgians ( have we still got three? ) might be in with a shout of progressing a bit further than Harry, Danny, Eric, Dele and Kieran. If the Brazilliansh boss has been watching Lucas he might be a long shot for a world cup place?

I f we want to give all the Internationals a rest then I think only Ben, Victor and Serge are definites for the stupid trip to a country we should be boycotting as much as we should be boycotting Russia.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
In hope the spurs WC lads are still on their jollies...

Gonna be honest they will need rotating throughout the season... we have to get in players who can do a job in the league/FA cup... I known I besmerch it's good name July suggesting it, but our squad is thin and will be tired...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
In hope the spurs WC lads are still on their jollies...

Gonna be honest they will need rotating throughout the season... we have to get in players who can do a job in the league/FA cup... I known I besmerch it's good name July suggesting it, but our squad is thin and will be tired...
Its not much but they did get a week or 2 off before joining england.I`m really trying here.............

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
That’s a squad that’s almost all playing for a place in the first XI. I feel as though Christian might have earnt an extra rest?
winks apparently not risked while recovering,onomah,janssen and edwards I would say curtains.

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
5 I've never even heard of.
Which 5 out of curiosity? Someone here might be able to offer some more info.

2 unknowns for me - Austin and Marsh. Anyone know anything about them?

Hope Skipp gets game time. Meant to be one of our most promising youth players and is one of the boys promoted to train with the first team squad by Poch this summer. He’s been playing at u23 level for us I believe and only 17 years old. Eyoma and Oakley-Boothe have featured at that level as well I think and only 18.

Exciting stuff on the youth front! Would just be nice to have a couple of new names in there too haha.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I saw a bit of Georgiou last summer (in the open training session) and he looked a prospect to me. Ditto Oakley-Booth. Never heard of Eyoma or Marsh. Whiteman I think is a goalkeeper?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I saw a bit of Georgiou last summer (in the open training session) and he looked a prospect to me. Ditto Oakley-Booth. Never heard of Eyoma or Marsh. Whiteman I think is a goalkeeper?
Yeah whiteman is a keeper,oliver skipp is the real prospect IMHO,playing consistantly in higher age groups since he was a school kid is 18 looks nearly 30,and is a proper gritty midfielder with an excellent shot.Not saying this is his year,not as flash or exciting as edwards but the better prospect,has that Kane air of detemination&self improvement about him.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Which 5 out of curiosity? Someone here might be able to offer some more info.

2 unknowns for me - Austin and Marsh. Anyone know anything about them?

Hope Skipp gets game time. Meant to be one of our most promising youth players and is one of the boys promoted to train with the first team squad by Poch this summer. He’s been playing at u23 level for us I believe and only 17 years old. Eyoma and Oakley-Boothe have featured at that level as well I think and only 18.

Exciting stuff on the youth front! Would just be nice to have a couple of new names in there too haha.
Austin, Eyoma, Georgiou, Marsh and Whiteman Not that it bothers me, was just stating a fact.