By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Pre Season 2018/19

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Bingo !!!

DiyvgBOUEAE258L.jpg:large
It's not funny because it's so horribly accurate.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
It's all a bit meh at the moment. I found the new stadium brilliant to watch, but that's sort of stalled, the ST pricing fucked me off even though I've bought one, and the optimism of early June, Poch and Kane signing has ebbed away. It's still all great of course in the overall scheme of things, brilliant training ground, brilliant stadium, great team, fantastic manager, etc. We're one of modern football Europe's top clubs again now, but there's a 5% magic ingredient missing? a top player or two would provide the perfect shot in the arm that we all need before the season starts.

It's too quiet for me. I used to complain that we were linked with every Tom, Dick or Harry(!!),atm we're rarely genuinely linked with anyone. I'm sure (at least I hope I am) that behind the scenes deals are being done. The World Cup is over and the season starts in 3 weeks, C'mon Spurs a player or two might sell a few more of those Premium seats that you desperately crave. Sort it.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
It's all a bit meh at the moment. I found the new stadium brilliant to watch, but that's sort of stalled, the ST pricing fucked me off even though I've bought one, and the optimism of early June, Poch and Kane signing has ebbed away. It's still all great of course in the overall scheme of things, brilliant training ground, brilliant stadium, great team, fantastic manager, etc. We're one of modern football Europe's top clubs again now, but there's a 5% magic ingredient missing? a top player or two would provide the perfect shot in the arm that we all need before the season starts.

It's too quiet for me. I used to complain that we were linked with every Tom, Dick or Harry(!!),atm we're rarely genuinely linked with anyone. I'm sure (at least I hope I am) that behind the scenes deals are being done. The World Cup is over and the season starts in 3 weeks, C'mon Spurs a player or two might sell a few more of those Premium seats that you desperately crave. Sort it.
hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Josh Onomah has missed the pre-season tour because of a knee injury

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Poch has confirmed Juan Foyth has picked up an injury and is no longer part of the tour squad. Leaves us with Sanchez, CCV and TJ Eyoma as CB’s for the three game tour.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Poch has confirmed Juan Foyth has picked up an injury and is no longer part of the tour squad. Leaves us with Sanchez, CCV and TJ Eyoma as CB’s for the three game tour.
Big opportunity for those lads considering both our established CB's are aging and have big money offers that levy would snap at if he thought he could without pissing off Poch.

Foyth could be a real star.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
4 goals, two each for Llorente and Lucas, in the first half against Roma.

Lucas, Lamela, and Eriksen look very sharp.
I'd also add, after watching 90 minutes last night, that the kit is worse than I thought.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I see that Ben Davies started as CB yesterday with CCV (new nickname Credit card???). Luke Amos also started. Great opportunities still at Spurs for the Academy players.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I see that Ben Davies started as CB yesterday with CCV (new nickname Credit card???). Luke Amos also started. Great opportunities still at Spurs for the Academy players.
I thought Amos looked pretty tidy throughout. After an early mixup on Roma's first goal, so did CCV and Davies (who I believe has played that position some for Wales?).

Unsurprisingly, the players who looked most intent on making their mark were Lucas and Lamela--both played very direct, taking on defenders, etc.

I started nodding off late in the game, but my son said Skipp looked pretty good too.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
@Cryptkeeper has said that Lamela and Winks would be like new signings if they could feature regularly. I think that's even more true of Lucas. Can't get too excited about friendlies, but he gives us something we're really lacking.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
@Cryptkeeper has said that Lamela and Winks would be like new signings if they could feature regularly. I think that's even more true of Lucas. Can't get too excited about friendlies, but he gives us something we're really lacking.
Yeah Lucas is like a new signing simply as didn't get a crack at it last season but looks like he'll be ready to go with a full pre season behind him. Out of interest how did Aurier look? I'm hoping Poch can make something out of him, somehow. He's a good athlete and could be a good player, just makes really rash decisions when caught out of position, sort his positional sense out and hopefully there will be less rash decisions from him. We can only hope...

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Yeah Lucas is like a new signing simply as didn't get a crack at it last season but looks like he'll be ready to go with a full pre season behind him. Out of interest how did Aurier look? I'm hoping Poch can make something out of him, somehow. He's a good athlete and could be a good player, just makes really rash decisions when caught out of position, sort his positional sense out and hopefully there will be less rash decisions from him. We can only hope...
Thought he played well, no big mistakes and pinged in one or two good crosses, including the one Lucas headed in for his first goal. I said a couple times last year that given Poch's track record of improving fullbacks, I'm willing to give Serge a bit of time. I think KWP looks ready to feature regularly, which is good, bc Poch's system demands a lot of the FB/WB position.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
It’s probably Lucas vs Lamela for Son’s place during the first month whilst he’s at the Asian games.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Thought he played well, no big mistakes and pinged in one or two good crosses, including the one Lucas headed in for his first goal. I said a couple times last year that given Poch's track record of improving fullbacks, I'm willing to give Serge a bit of time. I think KWP looks ready to feature regularly, which is good, bc Poch's system demands a lot of the FB/WB position.
That's good to hear then. Hopefully he can be a bit more useful this year...

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
2-2 draw against Barca's kids (some of them looked 10 yrs old) last night, Lucas looked fantastic again, was really impressed by Skipp, who looks ready to begin to see PL action. Amos was good as well. They end draws with penalties in the stupid ICC, Giorgio had his saved. It's hard to tell about CCV, he was caught ball-watching on their first, but he was paired with Davies for most of the game. Sissoko went off injured early.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Hopefully forces us to think about alternatives be it within the squad or new acquisitions.
Yep. I should add that Nkoudou came in for him and was very good. Think he was named MOTM actually.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Skipp, Marsh, and Amos played as a midfield unit and were excellent against Milan. Nkoudou was everywhere in the second half, scored the winner. I hope he's played his way into consideration.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Skipp, Marsh, and Amos played as a midfield unit and were excellent against Milan. Nkoudou was everywhere in the second half, scored the winner. I hope he's played his way into consideration.

Sounds like Poch's pre season has been very different Jose's. The young players have been given a good crack and plenty of praise. Without watching the games it's hard to tell but sounds like some may get a chance early in the season when others are away or not ready yet.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/pochettino-luke-amos-harry-kane-14975948

if the injuries don't clear up, would you be worried about playing Luke Amos against Newcastle or putting him on the bench?

After four years, in my fifth year, you think I'm going to be scared to play him?

Is he ready then?

that's different. The young players that maybe still don't have experience in high competition, the compensation is about desire and energy. Players like Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen, when they were young, showed desire and energy like the young players on the tour. After 4 years, you know that we're people, who if we believe in a young player, I don't care about experience or not.

Football is about energy, about desire, about respect for yourself and your teammates, being professional. Of course, Luke Amos is a good example. He played three games of 90 minutes. He's not so young - 21 - but maybe he doesn't have Premier League experience but his performances in the three games showed it's not a problem to put him to play. Maybe he's going to play ahead of some senior players. I'm more than brave and if I believe in some players I go with all the consequences.

When can you expect the World Cup players to rejoin training?

Monday, this Monday morning they will start their job on the training ground.

Can you say if you expect them to play against Newcastle?

First we need to assess them on Monday and see what happens. Maybe some players look after themselves and they've been training, maybe others rest, we need to see and of course we are not going to take risks if some players are not ready to compete, to play, they are not going to be involved at the weekend. That is so, so clear.