By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world. Please note, if you are easily offended, this forum is not for you.

Join us!

Premier league 2018/19

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
DhaqyxYWkAAMJm-.jpg
Early start for the first game at the new lane. Monday night at Old Trafford is shit for most fans, not me though...

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
With Sonny out, Belgium in the semis and England likely (maybe) to join them, we might have a hard time fielding a team on August 11th.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
No-one can get enough of Spurs. Nothing more to say.
We’ll win the World Cup for England, then beat these fuckers in the first few weeks before taking on the Champions League fixtures.

Any wankers that don’t realise what a completely brave new era this is for Spurs is deluded. Have a look and then realise we are suddenly one of the best teams in Europe. When did anyone last say that??

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Looks like I can book flights home Saturday then. I booked the whole weekend incase the pool match moved.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Looks like I can book flights home Saturday then. I booked the whole weekend incase the pool match moved.
Glen I want the free shit that goes with opening game even though I won’t be there!! Apart from the flag obvs ha ha

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Glen I want the free shit that goes with opening game even though I won’t be there!! Apart from the flag obvs ha ha

No worries. I'll post over whatever they hand out. Might even get u a first day pie.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Wilshere signed for spammers,apparently the medical was "how do you feel?" "ok" "done thanks"

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Wilshere signed for spammers,apparently the medical was "how do you feel?" "ok" "done thanks"
Wilshere saying he's there to provide some competition for places at West Ham. "Andy Carroll's had that physio's bench to himself for way too long," he added.

Its a 3 year contract for about 18 games

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Saw the Fulham game is on general sale and Wembley is empty. Doesn't look to good!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Saw the Fulham game is on general sale and Wembley is empty. Doesn't look to good!
Need to be careful as a club here, better not take fans loyalty for granted, new Stadium great but a few baubles wouldn’t go amiss and they can’t keep going back to the well. We’ve all had enough of the ‘giving’ portion for the moment thanks.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Need to be careful as a club here, better not take fans loyalty for granted, new Stadium great but a few baubles wouldn’t go amiss and they can’t keep going back to the well. We’ve all had enough of the ‘giving’ portion for the moment thanks.

I think this off season shows the ambition of the club. We're happy being nearly good enough. Instead of a couple of quality signings we get cauliflower and broccoli pies. Sound fucking rank!

Hopefully come Thursday I'll be talking out my arse and we'll be loving life but at the minute it's incredibly disappointing.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
4 days.... until we start with the exact same players we had last year.... against Poches wishes.

And that is the biggest problem for me.... Poch wanted more.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Bring it on, we'll be better than last season, which will be no mean achievement. One club in the world had 9 players in the World Cup semi finals and ended with the World Cup winning captain and the Golden boot winner....just one.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Bring it on, we'll be better than last season, which will be no mean achievement. One club in the world had 9 players in the World Cup semi finals and ended with the World Cup winning captain and the Golden boot winner....just one.
dont care its great up here with kyle at the etihad............;)

Back to the square root of,"tomorrow beat them and its all on,lose and watch for a proper fan meltdown on T`internet,its a savage team to support,but who would change eh!!Poch do your stuff,show us really its all been one of baldricks cunning plans!!
COYS

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Here's a couple of questions that are bothering me.......
1) Is football at Club level really about winning things any more? Or is just a business for wealthy owners to get wealthier. For example we've all secretly known for a while now that getting into the 'top 4' is more important than winning the League Cup. I don't even think that the European elite clubs chairmen are bothered about winning, just making money, this is obvious on so many levels from 3 different kits and more merchandise than you can shake a stick at to the high levels of corporate and premium seating and hospitality offered at Stadiums.
2) can't think what the other one was now.....but it was pissing me off as well.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The Premier League returns this weekend with a few important tweaks to the rules and regulations. We highlight a few things to look out for.
Yellow cards
In the past, any yellow card picked up in the Premier League, EFL, FA Cup or Carabao Cup would be totted up together. When a player received five yellow cards they would miss the next match, in whichever competition that may be. Reaching 10 yellow cards would see the player miss the next two games. And 15 would bring a three-game ban.
However, from this season yellow cards will only count in the competition they are received. And this has led to the following changes.
Premier League:
- One-match ban if five yellow cards received before 19 Premier League fixtures (Dec. 26 round)
- Further two-match ban if 10 yellow cards received before 32 fixtures (weekend of March 30)
- Further three-match ban if 15 yellows received (no fixture limit)
FA Cup and Carabao Cup:
- One match ban when two yellow cards have been received
- Cut off point will be the quarterfinals, so no player can miss the final through cumulative yellows
Red cards remain unchanged and a player would miss the following matches in any competition, so a dismissal in the Carabao Cup could still see a player miss a Premier League match, and vice versa
Managerial misconduct
The FA is trialling a new system where "yellow and red cards will be issued by match officials for misconduct committed in the technical area." However, in the Premier League warnings shall be "issued verbally without the use of cards."
That means we will only see managers physically be shown yellow and red cards in the FA Cup, the Carabao Cup and also in the EFL.
Coaching staff who are booked/verbally warned will get a touchline ban for cumulative offences, just as players would be with yellow cards.
- 4 warnings = 1-match ban
- 8 warnings = 2-match ban
- 12 warnings = 3-match ban
- 16 warnings = Misconduct charge (ban decided by hearing)
The Football Association outlines irresponsible behaviour as:
- Inappropriate language and / or gestures towards the match officials which are an obvious show of dissent or an attempt to influence the decisions of the match officials
- Kicking or throwing water bottles, coats or other similar objects in an obvious show of dissent
- Sarcastic clapping and / or other gestures intended to undermine the authority of the match officials
- Entering the opponents' technical area in an inappropriate manner
- Gesturing waving an imaginary yellow/red card.
Jose Mourinho is no stranger to exchanging words with match officials. AllsportHandheld devices in the technical area
The International Football Association Board (IFAB) changed the laws of the game in March to allow "the use of electronic and communication equipment in the technical area (small handheld mobile devices),strictly for tactical/coaching purposes and player safety."

That means we will see coaching staff on their iPads checking out the latest ProZone stats while a game is ongoing.
Extra time in the Carabao Cup
The has been scrapped and now any tie which is still level at the end of 90 minutes will go directly to penalties.
What about VAR?
Video assistant referees (VAR) were the talk of the World Cup, but the Premier League has decided it is not yet ready for use in its competition and called "for VAR to be used more extensively in the FA Cup and Carabao Cup" on a trial basis. It will be tested in around 60 games this season when cup ties are held at Premier League grounds.
It means the Premier League will be the only major European league not to adopt VAR, with La Liga, Serie A, the Bundesliga and Ligue already embracing the technology. However, UEFA is also not yet ready to use VAR in the Champions League and Europa League and will continue to have extra officials behind the goal.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
oh dear you just know its going to happen here too.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-la-liga-play-game-13090207

La Liga will play games in the United States or Canada for the first time as part of a groundbreaking 15-year joint venture to promote the league in North America.

And that is likely to mean a competitive Clasico fixture between the country's big two, Real Madrid and Barcelona, taking place outside of Spain for the first time.

The overseas games are a part of a joint venture between La Liga and Relevent Sports, the US-based promotion vehicle backed by Stephen Ross, billionaire owner of the NFL's Miami Dolphins.

"This extraordinary joint venture is the next giant leap in growing soccer's popularity in North America," said Relevent chairman Ross.

"This unique relationship will create new opportunities for millions of North American soccer fans to experience the most passionate, exciting, and highest level of soccer in the world."
The 50-50 joint venture is a 15-year deal between La Liga and Relevent - who have been behind the International Champions Cup (ICC) - and it has been a long-time priority of La Liga president Javier Tebas to stage league matches overseas.

The first game abroad is set take place this season, with Real Madrid and Barcelona seen as the priority teams to be sent abroad to drive ratings.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
It's just a Global business now for global wealthy tycoons to get wealthier. Gone are the Jack Walker and Freddie Sheperd days, wealthy people who lost much of it supporting their clubs. I'm pleased Levy is a Spurs fan, you'd never really know it though.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Kevin DeBruyne is out for 3 months apparently.........shame.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
West Ham United ha ha ha ha ha, still fucking shit

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
West Ham United ha ha ha ha ha, still fucking shit
We don't go in for those travelling chaps in Dorset, oh no, we all have very nice drives, enough clothes pegs and don't want their lucky heather, so the boys form God's county taught them a lesson.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Not real, but there are hundreds of goons legitimately calling for his scalp on Twitter. Good times.

Last edited:
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Moaning Mourinho is moanng that he wasn't given enough money and that's why his team lost to Brighton today. What a moaning cunt.

In the 3 seasons he has been at United (including his first season and the current season - the transfer window that has just closed) they have a nett spend of £350m, in those same seasons we spent £49m, everyone and his dog knows I am pony at maffs but I make that United spent over 7 times what we did in that period. If you wanted to go back to the year before, which would be fair because he inherited those players, the spend for United is £404m, Tottenham's was £32m, so in four years they have spent 12 times what we have spent.

There are two conclusions I draw from these figures:
  • 1 Levy is a cunt and is using the transfer budget to fund his property portfolio.
  • 2 Mourinho is a whining cunt who will always blame someone else.
  • 3 I said two didn't I? Why are you expecting a 3rd conclusion, are you hard of hearing?
I think the United team have got Jose's Syndrome, it's an affliction whose symptoms include hating the fuck out of your manager, not being remotely arsed and the feeling that they want to move to another club. There is no cure, our players are immune as they have been inoculated by the Poch antiviral doodah and we will take full advantage of their illness on the 27th.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Excellent post, he is a 100% nasty horrible little man. I know his record is phenomenal but that doesn’t make him any less of a whining cunt. Takes all of the credit and none of the blame. His arrogance is equally phenomenal. Hope he stays at United for a long time.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I’m thoroughly enjoying Match of the Day, Well done Chris Hughton