By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Premier League 2019/20

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Here we go again!!!

Fixtures announced 13th June 9am BST. Season kicks off august 10th probably spurs away at newcastle 12.30.
The summer 2019 transfer window will close at 17:00 BST on Thursday 8 August

VAR will be in play and a post with all the new law changes can be found here.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
If they really stick to the new penalty rules, there are going to be sooooooo many penalties given.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
About bloody time the transfer window closed before the season starts.,

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
If they really stick to the new penalty rules, there are going to be sooooooo many penalties given.
I am sure its all to tidy VAR up?as long as the result is consistantly applied which means no exceptions,and lots of penalties,and even more if holding at corners is picked up.i have a feeling the controversy will be all about what VAR misses from now.I just hope it doesnt become too stop start.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
10 Aug 2019
Villa Home 17.30 ko

Then city away,toon home and arse away,quite the august!!

D87S-2wW4AA0fKs.jpg

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Yet another service to subscribe to,really now wonder so many turn to streams,pay sky,pay BT now pay amazon.

D87SF2xXoAA0aKR.jpg

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
What we play at hOme , surely that’s gotta to be wrong !

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Competition us supposed to make it more affordable.... but it will never be affordable with the absolutely insane amount of money the premier league asks for rights packages.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Yet another service to subscribe to,really now wonder so many turn to streams,pay sky,pay BT now pay amazon.

D87SF2xXoAA0aKR.jpg

And reddit soccer streams being down (even though they keep popping up somewhere) makes life more difficult

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
And reddit soccer streams being down (even though they keep popping up somewhere) makes life more difficult
never not found a stream,since coventry in the league cup about 6 years ago,if i dont count that awful europa away in cyprus which is probably still lagging now..Even wimbledon in the cup someone lived streamed it on periscope off their phone.

Get android device,apps gets you 99% of games the other 1% i can find on the laptop.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I`m not posting a link to the daily mail,but they are reporting this.
Dont know why it has to change TBH.

Premier League rules to CHANGE this season with head-to-head records moving above goal difference to separate teams level on points

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member

Premier League rules to CHANGE this season with head-to-head records moving above goal difference to separate teams level on points

That seems a shit rule change to me! You could quite easily pull 2 results against run of play in a head to head situation, but being top on goals means doing it weekly.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

From the PL site:

In previous seasons, teams involved in these specific battles who finished with the same points total, goal difference and number of goals scored would be pitted against each other in a playoff.But that extra match is now less likely.

That used to get right on my thrupnies when they had to play an extra match when teams finished level on points, goal difference and number of points scored. It has happened exactly zero times. But all is not lost because this is not actually a change to the rules it is an addition to the rules that only kick in if points, GD and goals are all level, so it's really unlikely to ever be enforced:

In 2019/20 the team who have collected the most points in the head-to-head duels between the sides lying level on points, goal difference and number of goals scored, will take the highest finishing position, while the team with the fewest will take the lowest place.

As you were gentlemen, nothing to see here.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
A rule change I'm not sure has been mentioned yet..

To prevent time wasting, players can now leave the pitch at the nearest point to them when being subbed.

No more slow walks to the fourth official, taking your wrist tape and shin pads off.

Sorry if already in here.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
So in theory the furthest place from a touchline must be almost the middle of one of the halves.

I assume everyone will be there when they start their walk off hehe.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
A rule change I'm not sure has been mentioned yet..

To prevent time wasting, players can now leave the pitch at the nearest point to them when being subbed.

No more slow walks to the fourth official, taking your wrist tape and shin pads off.

Sorry if already in here.
Great idea.... but it'll mean more go off on "stretchers" once a couple get booked for walking too slowly....

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Couple, of changes to the LAWS of the game that need to change.
The need for the tackled person to go off for treatment , If the perpetrator gets booked . If it’s worthy of a card , the player isn’t faking injury . Currently they have to go off whilst the freekick is taken , against a team of 11 ......great advantage .
The offside is bolloxs . If your beyond the last defender whenthe ball is played You are offside . It was simple .
Currently , the, ball can be later out wide , the forward can. Be down “injured on the penalty box , suddenly gets back up and providing the winger plays the ball backwards , they’re onside

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Couple, of changes to the LAWS of the game that need to change.
The need for the tackled person to go off for treatment , If the perpetrator gets booked . If it’s worthy of a card , the player isn’t faking injury . Currently they have to go off whilst the freekick is taken , against a team of 11 ......great advantage .
The offside is bolloxs . If your beyond the last defender whenthe ball is played You are offside . It was simple .
Currently , the, ball can be later out wide , the forward can. Be down “injured on the penalty box , suddenly gets back up and providing the winger plays the ball backwards , they’re onside
Can I add tempoary subs for blood injuries,fucking ridiculous when in rugby they have shown it can be done.
I agree about offside,it is a legitimate tactic in the game,with VAR what I would do to help make it easier is if a player is in the penalty area and offside regardless of the phase of play its offside.If you are in the box and judged to not be interfering with play or trying to gain an advantage his name is probably Janssen.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Great idea.... but it'll mean more go off on "stretchers" once a couple get booked for walking too slowly....

Yeah I'm sure Steve Bruce has a work around in mind already.

As long as it stops that fake jogging shite players do when coming off I'm all for it though.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
So..........what is our strongest team (assuming everyone fit) at present

Hugo
Foyth Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Sissoko NDombele
Son Eriksen Dele
Kane

Not bad eh?

Bench (from)
Gazza, Moura Lamela Winks Dier KWP Davies Sanchez Parrot Skipp Tananga Amos Wanyama Aurier

Not bad either........add Sessegnon and Lo Celso and we've got a top 4 team again challenging on all fronts?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I have always been concerned with the quality of our squad...

Pre season tells me we have young options to rotate the side.

We have to blood these kids in the league and potentially early rounds of the FA cup.

I say give the kids the league cup all in.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
So..........what is our strongest team (assuming everyone fit) at present

Hugo
Foyth Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Sissoko NDombele
Son Eriksen Dele
Kane

Not bad eh?

Bench (from)
Gazza, Moura Lamela Winks Dier KWP Davies Sanchez Parrot Skipp Tananga Amos Wanyama Aurier

Not bad either........add Sessegnon and Lo Celso and we've got a top 4 team again challenging on all fronts?

At present id trade Dele out for Moura and skipp/winks for Ndombele. Only cause he is an unknown entity at the min.

I think our squads good to go. No way we can have as injury riddled a season as last. I still think that's where Liverpool will falter.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
At present id trade Dele out for Moura and skipp/winks for Ndombele. Only cause he is an unknown entity at the min.

I think our squads good to go. No way we can have as injury riddled a season as last. I still think that's where Liverpool will falter.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Yes, I'm well excited, whether or not the Lo Celso deal comes off. I can't remember ever thinking--at the beginning of the season--that yeah, there's a chance. And not immediately chastising myself for thinking such shit. But this year....

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I was ecstatic to hear that David Luiz was holding out to force a move away from the Chavs! That i until I learned to was demanding a transfer to Arsenal. Is he kidding? Don't Arsenal have enough crap defenders already? What an ass.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
I was ecstatic to hear that David Luiz was holding out to force a move away from the Chavs! That i until I learned to was demanding a transfer to Arsenal. Is he kidding? Don't Arsenal have enough crap defenders already? What an ass.

he is realy going to turn that defense tits up. will make it all quite the comedy show