By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Random sports thread i.e cricket,darts,snooker,curling,dwarf tossing...etc

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
DZMKjcCWsAAe2Ho.jpg

Couldnt resist.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
@skiathospurs I can tell you as an Aussie, what has happened here is a disgrace. Smith should cop a decent ban. As for Warner, well he can fuck right off. Most Aussies became fed up with his bullshit years ago. Hopefully this will end his international cricket career. The guy is a prize cunt.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
@skiathospurs I can tell you as an Aussie, what has happened here is a disgrace. Smith should cop a decent ban. As for Warner, well he can fuck right off. Most Aussies became fed up with his bullshit years ago. Hopefully this will end his international cricket career. The guy is a prize cunt.
Most of all,as a team you are light years away from most rivals,its hardly necessary to cheat,and do it so badly.Bright yellow tape,why not have a hole in his pocket to stick it down his undies??Yes its a bit of a laugh to us others,but really in all sports cheating has become so endemic,fake blood in rugby,drugs,questionable blood transfers,match fixing,its really about time everyone from the elite to fans accepted losing with dignity.

If CA dont banish these players for a similar period to the match fixers who were punished,then there is no hope,also Lehman has to go,he either knew or is so incompetant to not know,yes i have laughed,but also find it all too sad.Way of the modern world I guess.Its naive to believe only 3 people knew,the other fast/swing bowlers never noticed?I hope CA throw the book at them cos winning isnt as important as the sport in whole.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Can we have the Ashes back then.............please? please nicely?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Even my Mrs... who has no concept of any sport, let alone the dullest sport of them all cricket, sat open mouthed at the TV when this popped up on the evening news...

I as you may have gathered am not a fan of cricket, but as others have said integrity is paramount in any sport. Play fair or don't play at all. Cheats should face huge bans in any discepline.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Even my Mrs... who has no concept of any sport, let alone the dullest sport of them all cricket, sat open mouthed at the TV when this popped up on the evening news...

I as you may have gathered am not a fan of cricket, but as others have said integrity is paramount in any sport. Play fair or don't play at all. Cheats should face huge bans in any discepline.
Agree, why not just have a zero tolerance lifetime ban? or minimum 5 years, by which time, technology and techniques will have moved on essentially meaning that cheats can't compete effectively anyway. I find it amazing that no footballer has been caught yet?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Agree, why not just have a zero tolerance lifetime ban? or minimum 5 years, by which time, technology and techniques will have moved on essentially meaning that cheats can't compete effectively anyway. I find it amazing that no footballer has been caught yet?
They have been... just nothing done about it. Dele has been caught a few time this season...!!! It's a duxking disgrace that we almost accept its as partner the game now, and we actually have observers commenting about situations where it was a "good dive" or the "right decisions to go down".

Mockery.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
They have been... just nothing done about it. Dele has been caught a few time this season...!!! It's a duxking disgrace that we almost accept its as partner the game now, and we actually have observers commenting about situations where it was a "good dive" or the "right decisions to go down".

Mockery.
Yeah, although I was more going down the drugs line, rather than diving.

Reactions: Yid
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

Mockery.
Its sadly become the norm,appeal for everything,do anything for an advantage.The ole "thats a good position to give a foul away" when a team breaks and has your pants down,for pundits its good play and exhaulted as such,no its not its cynically cheating.I am not saying i dont wish Beckham had wiped goofy out in that eng vs brasil world cup match right on half time on the halfway line that led to their equaliser,but I sure wish professionals wouldnt claim that to be good&fair,leading other players kids to follow the example.

I find it the same when they applaud plucky "underdogs" parking the bus,its not amazing its cowardice,and not trying to win has no place in sport same as cheating.TV really is or has fucked up sport truly,with either money or so called idiots commentating and condoning foul tactics or cheating.

Reactions: Yid
wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
The problem is that so few professionals in any sport actually understand or appreciate the impact they have to grassroot levels and that they are role models to millions of children and adults around the world. They do their once a week trip to have their photo taken with some kids and think that's them done. Joey Barton is probably one of them. Complete scumbag but has some good views on Hillsborough and whilst I accept he has done great things for those victims he was still a complete and utter cheating cunt on the pitch.

I've coached kids football before and I'll always remember one of the trainings well for all the wrong reasons. A few of the kids had got there before I'd arrive and were literally jumping on the floor, holding their knees, ankles, faces, etc. I asked what they were up to and their response was that they are practising their diving!! Ridiculous. And where do they see this kind of behaviour...? On TV of course. It's not just that though - I've seen youngsters talk back to refs and you ask them why they did it and they tell you "well 'so and so' argues with the ref so why can't I?" Drives me mad. Any professional sportsman that enters the field of play, or track, or whatever, is effectively an ambassador of that sport and should realise their responsibility.

I've no time for anyone that tries to gain an unfair advantage - whether it be performance enhancing drugs, ball tampering, diving, whatever. They should have the book thrown at them - they are living thousands of people's dream ffs! I know there is pressure to perform but somebody has to lose and as shit as that is move on and accept being beaten by better opposition or person with a bit of dignity.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Yeah, although I was more going down the drugs line, rather than diving.
Ohhh mate... the money involved is insane. It 100% will be there, but it will be so well covered up and hushed that it'll take a whistle blower or an undercover fail reporter to expose it.

Let's not forget Lionel Messi should be a bona fide dwarf. Barca paid a lot of money for the GH treatment to stop him being a midget at a very tender age. That is how they got around the issues with signing him at about 9 years old or something as they were seen to be "helping" a young kid.

Not that they had any idea this kid was gonna be an absolute worldie and potentially one of the best players to ever play the game

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
I find cheating, be it diving, drug taking etc. abhorrant. None of us are whiter than white and Im cautious of sounding holier than thou but it riles me when I see Dele diving or Bale a few years ago. Tbh Ive probably fallen out of love with football over the last few years because of it, I mean I love Spurs and everything about us but I struggle to watch a game of football that we are not involved in.

I follow GAA also back here at home and its not without its issues but its essence is based and founded on volunteerism and amateurism and tbh there is an honesty about the game od Gaelic football and hurling because of it.
I suppose I just miss the olden days. It wasn't as bad back then surely?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Curling is a great sport. I was disappointed when I saw the wheelchair curling in the Para Olympics though, it wasn't what I expected. I got some massive stick form Mrs D when I told her I thought it would be better if they pushed the wheelchairs down the slidey thing instead of the stones, she said I was an evil cunt, not using that word of course, but I knew what she meant.

Cricket is supposed the be pineapple of sporting fairness, but there are always scandals going on, the latest one was so funny, it definitely wins the Golden Hammer award for subtlety.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I love it.....those super hard, sledging Aussies, you know the ones, those blokes who took the moral high ground, parading around like their shit didn't stink, well they don't look quite so good blubbing like babies in front of the TV cameras now they've been found out. What a bunch wankers, can't even take it like men. Pathetic.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Curling is a great sport. I was disappointed when I saw the wheelchair curling in the Para Olympics though, it wasn't what I expected. I got some massive stick form Mrs D when I told her I thought it would be better if they pushed the wheelchairs down the slidey thing instead of the stones, she said I was an evil cunt, not using that word of course, but I knew what she meant.

Cricket is supposed the be pineapple of sporting fairness, but there are always scandals going on, the latest one was so funny, it definitely wins the Golden Hammer award for subtlety.

I love the fact that one of the Participants in curling got done for taking drugs .......whatever drug could ever help with throwing a stone across ice to gain an advantage

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
There wa s a bloke on TV yesterday, a cricket bloke, no idea how he was, but he was saying that it wasn't fair and we should all stop being beastly to the poor Ozzie cricket blokes. they made a mistake and are sorry she they should be forgiven an be allowed to carry on with their lives.

What the fuck is going on? Politicians steal massive wads of cash in expenses, say they made a mistake and they get let off. Nicking money through fraud is not a mistake it's theft. They spew outrageous toxic lies, get found out and then say they 'mis-spoke' what the fuck is mis-speaking? Lying is what it is.

Deliberately planning to cheat and then doing the cheating isn't 'making a mistake', that would be when you go out to bat with your umbrella instead of your bat, that would be a mistake. Cheating is not a mistake and anyone caught doing it should have their bollocks cut off with a blunt, rusty knife.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Sad news about Bristow......getting a bit scary how old farts like me are starting to feel a similar age as those passing away!!

Another scary thing is the scum winning the Europa League, please God, Mohamed, Buddha,tea leaves, crystal ball and the feeling in my water, don't let that happen.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Been a bad week for Chelsea, first they lose to us , then Wilkins, and now Bristow both die( how was he a fan of that lot anyway , wasn’t he born North London

Attachments

• 2108A03F-2AC3-452A-B904-5F417B6912CB.png
    2108A03F-2AC3-452A-B904-5F417B6912CB.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 526
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Sad news about Bristow......getting a bit scary how old farts like me are starting to feel a similar age as those passing away!!

Another scary thing is the scum winning the Europa League, please God, Mohamed, Buddha,tea leaves, crystal ball and the feeling in my water, don't let that happen.
It's a warning to us all! If a fit healthy bloke like Eric Bristow can have a heart attack, then none of us are safe. That was sarcasm in case you didn't notice. If you are lardy, drink too much and smoke tabs then you can stop being lardy, drinking too much and smoking tabs. I used to be lardy, drink too much and smoke tabs, I had a heart attack but got away with it, now I am not lardy etc etc etc,

The first warning most people get that they might have heart problems is sudden death.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
So today , ok yesterday England Beat , No thrashed the Cheating Aussies in the semi final of the cricket World Cup to reach the final against New Zealand at Lords on Sunday . How they were allowed to choose to play 2 cheats in the World Cup was unreal .
England banned Alex hales for a bit of off filed recreational drug taking , and they allow two ball tampering cheats t play .