By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Red Star Belgrade CL (H) Tues 22 oct 2019 20.00

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
If UEFA were serious, they would be playing without a home crowd in their home game after the shit that was pulled today.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I had a strange dream last night, we weren't shit any more, scored 5 in a Champion's League game and I was doing that thing with my gob where the lips go upwards, smiling I think it's called.

Lubberly jubberly, it will be Proper Spursy to now go on and thump the dippers and end the slump in style.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Begs a question how they got in !

The Club had sold general admission tickets for this game under restricted sale, with only Season Ticket Holders and One Hotspur members eligible to purchase and with a cut-off date for new memberships. Their sales policy was fully compliant with UEFA requirements.

On the night, it soon became clear that a number of Red Star fans had obtained tickets for the match. The Club is investigating the source of those tickets and has stated that Season Ticket holders and One Hotspur members traced as those sources will face the strongest possible sanctions. The Club and Police refused entry to any fans obviously supporting Red Star at the stadium entrances.

A number of Red Star fans managed to gain entry to the ground. In what appeared to be a coordinated move, the majority of those fans made their way to the back of the upper tier in the north stand. This was an empty area as the tickets for this match had not sold out, and the backs of upper tiers are normally the last to sell. It should be noted that Red Star fans are extremely organised, experienced and have done this before in other stadia.

As pockets of Red Star fans were identified in other areas of the stadium, a decision was made to move those to the North Upper. In that area, Red Star fans could be contained by stewards and the Police, as opposed to being ejected onto the street or remaining scattered across the home support. Spurs fans seated in that section of the North Upper were moved into vacant seats close by under steward supervision and an area with impromptu segregation was created.

A decision was made in the Control Room to focus efforts on containing the Red Star fans peacefully as opposed to focusing on trying to enforce seating. This resulted in away fans standing throughout the match. It was a decision supported by the local authority representatives in response to unfolding events.

At half time, Red Star fans entering the Level 5 concourse area had their tickets confiscated and were ejected by the Police. Those who remained in the stand were held back at the end of the game, taken out via a separate staircase and handed over to the Police.

In the circumstances, it seems that the Club handled a fast-moving situation well and there were no flashpoints or incidents of violence whatsoever. Decisions were made in real time to contain Red Star fans while minimising the risk of wider disorder.

We support the Club’s commitment to identify Spurs fans responsible for passing on their tickets and we have also asked for clarification of next steps from UEFA.

We can understand the feelings of those Spurs fans who were moved or were close to the Red Star fans in the North Upper tier. And we appreciate how frustrating it is when it appears that away fans are treated differently, particularly in European ties when our travelling supporters regularly experience poor treatment. However, we’re satisfied THFC responded well to a difficult situation on the night, as did our supporters.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
We are back to the point hoarding seller ons again,they never went on general sale so STH and members sold these tickets.
Maybe not....I was at the game and last say there were about 150-200 red star fans in the Upper corner of the Paxton. No-one knee they were there for the first 20 mins, because it is alleged that they bought tickets all over the ground and just chose that area to congregate. They could have bought memberships a while ago - the draw was made in August. Members could buy up to 4 tickets each. So relatively easy. Once they had grouped together and started singing they were then surrounded by stewards for the remainder of the game and kept in at the end. The official delegation were in the West Upper as usual. Which is, as last time, utter nonsense.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Sorry, also meant to say that the support last night was excellent, not sure of the attendance maybe 40,000 but the noise, in reaction to a committed performance from the players, was excellent. Sir Poch got his song as did Kane, Dele and Son. I also have to say that in addition to Lamela and Sissoko’s tireless running and tackling, that Aurier had a great game. Yep you read that right Serge of the Aurier had a great game for Spurs last night.

Always worth going to White Hart Lane win, lose or draw (well most of the time anyway)

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Maybe not....I was at the game and last say there were about 150-200 red star fans in the Upper corner of the Paxton. No-one knee they were there for the first 20 mins, because it is alleged that they bought tickets all over the ground and just chose that area to congregate. They could have bought memberships a while ago - the draw was made in August. Members could buy up to 4 tickets each. So relatively easy. Once they had grouped together and started singing they were then surrounded by stewards for the remainder of the game and kept in at the end. The official delegation were in the West Upper as usual. Which is, as last time, utter nonsense.
Let those who have never gone in the with home fans cast the first stone !!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Spurs have issued indefinite bans to 48 club members who purchased multiple tickets for the Red Star game & were found to have illegally sold on after a number of away fans bought tickets, despite UEFA ban for racism.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
@skiathospurs - are you going to do the away leg thread? The last CL one I did was the Bayern one so I ain't going to touch it.