By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Royal Antwerp EL (H) thurs 10th november 2020 20.00

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Already through,palace on sunday,how much do we want to win the group to miss possible champions league failures??

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Just show up....

If we "don't get beaten" do we still top the group?

If so, then I know what to expect.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Rest most of the starting 11 for the Palace game...if all fit, I'd go for a line up like this .

Hart
Doherty Toby Rodon Davies
Winks Glc
Bale Dele Moura
Vinicius

I believe Lamela is still out due to vaginal dryness and trapped wind !

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Just show up....

I think if we draw then they top the group on the basis of their win over us in Belgium? If we win 1-0 then it's goal difference and we top the group.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
We must crush the twerps! And to do that we must play everyone whom isn't essential for Sunday.

Hart (Gazzaniga, where art thou?),Sanchez, Rodon, Davies, Doherty, Winks, GLC, Alli, Moura, Bale, Vinicius. Playing at home with this much skill and passing should see us score 3 goals easy. Of course Mou will probably pack 10 in the box and hope to nick a winner. LEVY OUT!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Just show up....

They are 2 points infront,we win the game we top the group,no gaol diff,head to head equations here,we end up on 13pts and they 12 if we win,any other result we are second.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
They are 2 points infront,we win the game we top the group,no gaol diff,head to head equations here,we end up on 13pts and they 12 if we win,any other result we are second.
Yes of course, sorry, thought we were level.

As @Yid alluded to, I expect we go 1 or 2 nil up and then guess what........I just hope not that's all. We've qualified already, go out and make a statement. Even with our 'squad' team.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Seems like lamela is still out,I like the jokes,but bloody hell in this packed schedule he could have done some minutes.
Aurier is out,hojbjerg didnt train,but just due to the number of matches played,dont think we reported any other concerns?
I would guess toby wont be risked just back,same with reguillon,ndobby trained and is ok,who starts after the last europa game god only knows?I hope winks gets a chance,not because I rate him hugely,but if he doesnt start getting minutes he will end up in the bin with dele.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Dele and Winks start for me... and then whatever fodder we can amas from the bench and reserves.... some if them 100% have points to prove.... and if they don't I think this is their last chance.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Dele and Winks start for me... and then whatever fodder we can amas from the bench and reserves.... some if them 100% have points to prove.... and if they don't I think this is their last chance.
Its doable and not so risky as playing the stiffs.Sooner or later players need a chance to show,whatever the merits of sanchez this season,you cant just bin £40m of player cos of a bad spell,tanaganga needs time to show,doherty to settle,gentle ben needs time,why did we buy (loan) Sid if he isnt going to cover for Kane,and moura or bergwjn need games.Thats not throwing the kids under the bus is it?Like redknapp,avb did in this competition.The only question for me is who plays cneter midfield with winks if indeed he starts.And thats probably linked to who plays sunday and tiredness today.Oh yeah Hart will start I dont think Jose will dump him after the last game,needs to show faith and hope Joe doesnt blow a 2nd chance.

With dele/winks thats a decent side,down to how the manager feels if he risks son,or kane on top of whatever midfielder.But last game was a very strong line up and wasnt awesome was it?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tanguy Ndombele is back for our UEFA Europa League Group J decider against Royal Antwerp on Thursday evening.
Jose Mourinho said the in-form midfielder was touch and go all the way in terms of being fit for the north London derby but, having missed out on Sunday, is now ready to face the Belgians. We need a win at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium to leapfrog Royal Antwerp at the top of the group.
Jose also hinted that Serge Aurier had a problem and that Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg would be rested and gave an update on Erik Lamela, who last featured against Brighton on 1 November.
“Tanguy was a doubt until almost the last minute before Arsenal, now it’s three or four days later, he’s okay,” reported Jose after training on Wednesday.
“Serge had a problem before Arsenal and he’s still not completely recovered. Pierre, no problems. It’s just the fact that he’s playing every match, he played three matches of 90 minutes last week, played Thursday in Austria, Arsenal, and now is his time, because we always try to rest one player or another, and this time was for him.”

Erik was absent when television cameras were capturing training, but Jose explained: “Erik came out on the pitch after the cameras left. He was working in the gym during the period we had cameras, but we have nothing to hide. After that, he came to the pitch and he’s started training progressively.”

Asked if he was getting worried about Erik’s time out, Jose added: “Yes, I was worried, we need every option available for this difficult month and January, that’s not going to be easy at all with so many matches and so many competitions, hopefully Lamela will be back for that.”

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Breaking: Erik Lamela is a lightweight.

I honestly don’t know how he cost £30m way back and would love to know how many games he’s started vs those missed. He’s been getting away with one footed murder for about 7 years (guessing) get this bloke (allegedly) off the pay roll and back to Argentina or Italy, wherever his preferred tanning studio is and handed over to some other mugs. Just as soon as he’s over the menopause.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I love the fuckery of the bastard though...! There's no one else in our side like it, who can get under the opositions skin...

Yeah there are massive deficiencies and yeah if you asked him to stand on one leg he'd fall over, and yeah he is probably more of a sick note than Darren Anderton... but he is a glorious bastard of a man when asked to get up them...

If we get rid, I want a replacement who has the same cunt-thugery Erik has.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Breaking: Erik Lamela is a lightweight.

I honestly don’t know how he cost £30m way back and would love to know how many games he’s started vs those missed. He’s been getting away with one footed murder for about 7 years (guessing) get this bloke (allegedly) off the pay roll and back to Argentina or Italy, wherever his preferred tanning studio is and handed over to some other mugs. Just as soon as he’s over the menopause.

Harsh. Somewhat fair but still harsh.

He's a cunt of a player. A proper shithouse. Every squad needs one of those. Like or loathe his antics, we don't smash 6 past United without him walking Martial into that red card.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I love the fuckery of the bastard though...! There's no one else in our side like it, who can get under the opositions skin...

Yeah there are massive deficiencies and yeah if you asked him to stand on one leg he'd fall over, and yeah he is probably more of a sick note than Darren Anderton... but he is a glorious bastard of a man when asked to get up them...

If we get rid, I want a replacement who has the same cunt-thugery Erik has.
Anderton 92-04 299 games
Lamela 13-?? 159 games

So anderton avg is 25 games a season lamela is 20.
Just adding lo celso in 1½ years has played 22 games............

None of them are value for money in terms of time spent on the pitch.Its a shame cos the team would benefit with more games from anderton and lamela,but no getting over biscuits for muscles is there.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Anderton 92-04 299 games
Lamela 13-?? 159 games

So anderton avg is 25 games a season lamela is 20.
Just adding lo celso in 1½ years has played 22 games............

None of them are value for money in terms of time spent on the pitch.Its a shame cos the team would benefit with more games from anderton and lamela,but no getting over biscuits for muscles is there.
Garibaldi or custard cream?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Harsh. Somewhat fair but still harsh.

He's a cunt of a player. A proper shithouse. Every squad needs one of those. Like or loathe his antics, we don't smash 6 past United without him walking Martial into that red card.
I don't disagree, but what's the point when he's injured all the bloody time, he's the new sicknote. Get's on my tits.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
But Shaggy is in our top 10 most appearances for the club . He was a quality player and yes he had one or two injuries , but he played a lot for us . He’s one of the few players you look at and think ,naaah he just doesn’t look like a football player

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
But Shaggy is in our top 10 most appearances for the club . He was a quality player and yes he had one or two injuries , but he played a lot for us . He’s one of the few players you look at and think ,naaah he just doesn’t look like a football player
Its a crime he didnt get a testamonial,also waddle didnt look like a footballer,but what a player.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Eo5aXhtXcAMh4mA

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
5 at the back but doherty,reggie pushing on I guess??

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
No Dele starting, how the fuck is he supposed to prove himself? Fuck off Mourinho

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Why put Kane, Son, etc on right after we score?
Should have left it 10-15 mins and see if things carry on gelling. Winks was having a poor game though.....Vinicius makes all the wrong runs to create chances for himself

it’s Championship level really.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The step up in quality is sooooooo bigly and huge. Tremendous some may say.

Different side with the top boys on.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Sanchez hasn't made any mad ricks tonight... good times.

*Edit*.... Tanganga also been quietly efficient.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Feel a bit sorry for Winks, but I just dont think he's good enough. But he's going to get chances this season with the amount of games but as for Dele ? If he can't get the nod in a game like this, he's cooked.