By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Selling Kane

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
The guy's on fire & it appears that he's loving life here but there is more & more speculation about his future.
Lots of talk of Real Madrid wanting him & that he would find it hard to resist the temptation.

The following is from Sports Mole so take this with bags & bags of you know what.

But provides some interesting thoughts for discussion.
What are your thoughts?

Gareth Bale, Karim Benzema and Luka Modric are rumoured to be the trio who could be included in a mega swap deal.

Kane has caught the attention of the football world over the past few weeks having scored 17 goals for club and country in just over a month, and nine of those strikes came in his last five matches.

According to Diario Gol, Madrid understand that Tottenham would not be prepared to sell the striker for anything less than £179m, which is why Los Blancos president Florentino Perez is considering including three players in the deal.

The report claims that Benzema has been added to the mix due to Bale's valuation dropping as a result of his regular injury woes, while Modric is an option if Spurs refuse the initial offer.

Kane signed a new contract until 2022 at the North London club in December last year.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
That is just complete bollocks on so many levels.Wages for a start,age of players,valuation,in benzema`s case.quality&style of play wanted.Its just clickbait nonsense the week before we play real.This stage of his career,where the club are performance wise,new stadium,the group as a whole with this manager,I would be shocked beyond Campbell proportions if kane left this or during next season.

If the thread is to get real,its how much over £200m will it take to even think about selling.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
Gah, when we link and click on these stories we ensure there's more of them. :eek:

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
That is just complete bollocks on so many levels.Wages for a start,age of players,valuation,in benzema`s case.quality&style of play wanted.Its just clickbait nonsense the week before we play real.This stage of his career,where the club are performance wise,new stadium,the group as a whole with this manager,I would be shocked beyond Campbell proportions if kane left this or during next season.

If the thread is to get real,its how much over £200m will it take to even think about selling.

Agreed on many levels.
1. The wages of those 3 would be just shy of 1M pounds per week. That's exactly what Levy is looking for. lol
2. As much as I'd like to see Bale & Modric back* to open NWHL, it's just a pipe dream. Bale is so injury prone & Modric would be 34 by then. Just what Levy wants.
3. Benzema is just a shadow of his youthful self. Just what...

* I have a friend who sees Modric fairly regularly at his kids' school (pick up time). He's gone so far to tell him he has a friend that is a Spurs fan who wants to see the both of them back filling the New Lane.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Gah, when we link and click on these stories we ensure there's more of them. :eek:
Worse is that some shite media be it newspaper or tv or even now social media vlogger,journo wannabe just tells a story,and instantly its regurgitated with the original "liar" then becoming an acknowledged source and given even more credence by bbc,sky,the mirror, whoever then reiterates the original bollocks.
It is literally the media sucking their own cocks and selling advertising for pushing junk.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Agreed on many levels.
1. The wages of those 3 would be just shy of 1M pounds per week. That's exactly what Levy is looking for. lol
2. As much as I'd like to see Bale & Modric back* to open NWHL, it's just a pipe dream. Bale is so injury prone & Modric would be 34 by then. Just what Levy wants.
3. Benzema is just a shadow of his youthful self. Just what...

* I have a friend who sees Modric fairly regularly at his kids' school (pick up time). He's gone so far to tell him he has a friend that is a Spurs fan who wants to see the both of them back filling the New Lane.
I would support buying Bale&Modric fully,even with their problems for the right deal&wages/reasons,we def could afford the fees,but wages?doubtful.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
So Manc Utd for 170 million....

Yeah I could see Levy dealing with those Manc cunts again after Berbatov...!!!

Trouble is if he tops the scoring charts again... we will do fucking well to hold onto him. Soz but the better he is the closer the inevitable gets.

We can't offer him titles... Champions League finals... at best we can offer him a milk cup runners up medal...

Unless you invert money around him to genuinely challenge for these honours... he will go where he can get much more money and a genuine chance of getting some silverware...

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
So if Bale 250 Modric 200 and Benzema200 ?? That's 650 a week, I'd prefer to pay Kane 250 and Alli 140 and Erickson 160 .
The only way I'd like to see them 3 back at WHL Is for the opening game of WHL in a preseason friendly .

Kane will only go away from WHL, IF his Mrs wants him too try something new. He knows it's better to be a Big fish in a smallish pond , where he is happy, and that 4 years ago he would have paid to play for Spurs andwas on 20k ish a week , he's now on 120 k , that's a £6m a year, or a 5m INCREASE in 4 years , that's not too shabby

Last edited:
Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
I can't see him leaving until at least after our first season at the nwhl and that would be based on the fact that we're still trophyless.

For me the whole Modric, Bale & Benzema is complete rubbish and should be given no credence whatsoever!

River

River

Administrator
Staff member
Modric, Bale & Benzema - utter tosh.

Modric although a class act is getting on at 32. Not worth the wage he would expect.

Bale has a good couple of years in him yet, would love to see him back at the club now..........but another year or two of being injury prone again.........not worth the wage when compared to the squad and wages we have now.

Benzema, no thanks. He's not a 21 year old with a drive to succeed anymore. Has been who won't give us a long term solution.

I hope the board don't forget that we've waited 15 - 20 years for a prolific goal poaching striker. Lineker being the closest.........if one more person tells me Defoe was amazing............I will lose my shit.

The deal is a no go, I wouldnt sell him for £250mil cash let alone 3 players a top club no long wants because they've had the best of them. Stuck my stump Real and Utd.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Bale is injured more than not these days...in 2 years time Winks will be better than Modric and we have Edwards as well.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I Don't think Kane is going anywhere as long as Poch is here, if Poch goes and things go pear shaped at spurs then he may consider his options but he's happy and wants to play at Spurs for Poch for many years is my understanding.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
By the time Kane is ready to leave we'll be european champions, he'll be a triple balon d'or winner and there'll be no reason for him to leave anyway.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
I Don't think Kane is going anywhere as long as Poch is here, if Poch goes and things go pear shaped at spurs then he may consider his options but he's happy and wants to play at Spurs for Poch for many years is my understanding.

I'm not even sure it's just because of Pochettino. The amount of times he has said he wants to be the best striker Spurs has ever had, he has to be looking at a commitment of ten years to top Greavsie.

I have a feeling the only way he'd leave is someone of Levy level pissed him off.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
The media will continue to push thes stories

If we win the FA cup, then he will go unless we win the league. If we win the league then he will go unless we win the champions league

If we win the champions league, then he will leave unless we win it again and repeat until they get the story

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Why would he go to an inferior football team?

Right now the EPL is buzzing. It is the best league in the world by some margin. La Liga has been very lucky that two "once in a generation" players have graced that competition for the past decade but both Ronaldo and Messi will soon be on the slide and the cache of playing in Spain will have significantly waned.

Right now you'd rather be in the EPL than in any other league and Harry Kane won't be sold to a competing club. Plus, I don't even think Mr Levy has to break the bank to keep him. I think Harry sees the bigger picture and would be happy as long as his salary is decent. He ain't a mercenary, that much seems pretty obvious. Levy will be smart and look after him and Kane will be the face of the new stadium.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The only thing that keeps Madrid and Barca anywhere near the elites is their tax status...

If their or our tax system changed favourably towards the players the Prem would drive the SPL into the ground the way Seria A went.

As an industry the gvt should do what they can to attract even bigger investment before somone like China do it.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
He may go for 1 of 2 reasons

1 - He has achieved everything he ever wanted at Spurs
2 - He has not achieved everything he ever wanted at Spurs

Either way, it will be in a few years

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
He may go for 1 of 2 reasons

1 - He has achieved everything he ever wanted at Spurs
2 - He has not achieved everything he ever wanted at Spurs

Either way, it will be in a few years
He might follow me next year, we are probably moving to sunny Spain cos Ingerlund is done innit? Mrs D is retiring next year and we can live in a shitty little rented house and pay stupid rent and massive council tax, buy a really poxy, tiny terraced house in somewhere like fucking Yeovil or Leeds and listen to cunts nagging on about fucking immigrants ------ or become immigrants ourselves and buy a really nice 4 or 5 bedroomed house in Murcia and eat Spanish food, drink wine that isn't taxed to fuck, enjoy the weather. Tough choice! Don't blame me if Harry follows me, he's only human eh?

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
He might follow me next year, we are probably moving to sunny Spain cos Ingerlund is done innit? Mrs D is retiring next year and we can live in a shitty little rented house and pay stupid rent and massive council tax, buy a really poxy, tiny terraced house in somewhere like fucking Yeovil or Leeds and listen to cunts nagging on about fucking immigrants ------ or become immigrants ourselves and buy a really nice 4 or 5 bedroomed house in Murcia and eat Spanish food, drink wine that isn't taxed to fuck, enjoy the weather. Tough choice! Don't blame me if Harry follows me, he's only human eh?

I was certain u owned a castle with big Fuck off cannons out the front!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Murcia, isn't that one of those old Saxon counties near Ipswich?

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
All this paper gossip of our players being linked with moves away really makes my blood fucking boil! The final whistle had barely stopped sounding against Real, when the Sun were writing about Poch’s imminent departure and how we need to win trophies.

I’m so fucking disgusted at it. I dream of a day when everyone in this country comes to their senses and they have a cathartic moment, where they realise that all they read is fake news, negativity and a narrative that helps no one!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
All this paper gossip of our players being linked with moves away really makes my blood fucking boil! The final whistle had barely stopped sounding against Real, when the Sun were writing about Poch’s imminent departure and how we need to win trophies.

I’m so fucking disgusted at it. I dream of a day when everyone in this country comes to their senses and they have a cathartic moment, where they realise that all they read is fake news, negativity and a narrative that helps no one!!
Think you`ll like this bud.

http://www.umaxit.com/index.php/columns/endless-questions-about-tottenhams-authenticity-are-joyless

Wednesday night produced one of the famous European results for Tottenham. The greater relevance is that, with Borussia Dortmund’s 1-1 draw with APOEL Nicosia, they are now through to the knockout stages of the Champions League, but this was timely result for other reasons.

Four days on from defeat at Old Trafford, one after which Mauricio Pochettino and his players had taken heavy criticism, Spurs are the darlings again. Saturday was a moment to dwell upon their limitations, Wednesday a night to wonder what they might become.

Fine, but there has to be a point at which Spurs are enjoyed for what they are. There’s a time to be forward-thinking, to worry about which players can be retained, and what everything means, but – with this team in particular – that seems to be a default and permanent state.

The loss to Manchester United was dispiriting. A generally solid defensive performance was undermined by a late lapse in concentration. Moments before Anthony Martial accelerated beyond Eric Dier, Dele Alli had botched his own chance to win the game and so, again, a top-six encounter away from home was a tale of what might have been.

It was a disappointing loss, but hardly a terminal one. Some games are instructive about the future, others are just settled by the bounce of the ball or a misjudgement. Factored into that context, of course, is the financial gulf which exists between the two teams. Tottenham and Manchester United are not two sides competing on an even playing field and they haven’t been for decades.

Yet, all of a sudden they are one in the same. Two sides competing for the same prize and in a world which hasn’t been adjusted for reality. Aspirant teams shouldn’t cling to asterisks about wage spends and transfer budgets for eternity but surely here, in this case, it should have been acknowledged that Tottenham remain in a growth phase, are new to playing in these Sky Montage games, and that they are still entitled to brush off defeat and claim it as part of the learning curve.

It was the determination to carve conclusions in stone which was grating: what did that game – in isolation – say about Pochettino and the months and years ahead? Measured against United, with their £60m backup forward and blank cheque budget, what is this Tottenham team?

Really, must it always be this way?

Spurs shouldn’t live in a consequence-free world and certainly receive enough praise to soften periodic criticism, but rarely before has a team existed in such a perpetual state of assessment. It’s strange because it’s so at odds with what we know to be true. Throughout its lifetime, the Premier League has always been dominated by a small cabal of teams. It’s stands to reason, then, that infiltrating that group – defeating its larger squads, its economies and many other advantages – takes time. It’s a process.

Pochettino has led his players to Stage One. They have finished in the Champions League places for two seasons in a row and have started to strike the right balance between European ambition and remaining competitive domestically. Given what has come before and who has had to be displaced for it to happen, that’s a remarkable achievement. The requirement from outside, though, seems to be that Tottenham should either complete a quantum leap in the game or be considered an afterthought. Becoming part of the rotation of sides who compete for the league title isn’t sufficient and their recent vertical movement can only be validated by a league championship.

“This is yet another Tottenham team that is in danger of being remembered for being all fur coat and no knickers”

That was The Sun’s assessment from Old Trafford and it was rather typical in its melodrama. Pochettino, his players, and his work are having their legacy readjusted every ninety minutes. Absurdly, losing away from home to high-powered teams is now not only disappointing, but also portrayed as a descriptive failure.

It’s never worked like this before. Over the last decade, there have been dozens of encounters between title hopefuls every season. Very few of them, though, ended with an autopsy. Managerial job security, the performances of certain players, and the tactics employed have always been discussed thoroughly, but never before with such intent to find fatal flaws; the appetite to disprove Tottenham’s authenticity is apparently insatiable.

The shame of that is in potentially missing the present: to Wednesday night, when Pochettino’s players shimmered under the Wembley lights. The Spanish press will focus on Real Madrid’s failings and neutrals will, quite correctly, claim that Ronaldo and Friends were strangely off colour, but that hardly seems the point. Back-to-back European Champions being humbled at the home of English football should always be a big deal, particularly when the side giving the lesson is stacked with British talent. It was something to be enjoyed, even if only because it was different. Madrid weren’t beaten by a team greased with oil money and financially doped beyond its identity, but a side built from relatively modest parts. Relatively modest homegrown parts. Draw a portrait of that first goal, for instance, and capture Kieran Tripper’s cross, Harry Winks’s cutting diagonal, and Alli’s movement, and it would be rich enough to hang in the National Gallery. The rise of a team is intoxicating and its moments are precious, but that’s a joy which is lost if eyes always drift reflexively towards the horizon?

Once upon a time, a team was only ever as good as its last result. Now, it’s only ever as good as its determined to be at a loose, non-specific point in the future.

“They’ve now got to show that they can win a game like that and four days later go and beat Crystal Palace.”

The words of a BT Sport presenter, an hour after full-time at Wembley. An hour after one of the most notable performances in a club’s history and a career highpoint for a raft of a young players.There’s a point there somewhere and – yes – backing up good results is an integral part of being successful. But it’s also rather indicative of a particularly joyless phenomenon: week-to-week, the pockets of enthusiasm for this Tottenham side continue to be ruthlessly policed and the supporters’ pride pricked at every opportunity.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Think you`ll like this bud.

http://www.umaxit.com/index.php/columns/endless-questions-about-tottenhams-authenticity-are-joyless

Wednesday night produced one of the famous European results for Tottenham. The greater relevance is that, with Borussia Dortmund’s 1-1 draw with APOEL Nicosia, they are now through to the knockout stages of the Champions League, but this was timely result for other reasons.

Four days on from defeat at Old Trafford, one after which Mauricio Pochettino and his players had taken heavy criticism, Spurs are the darlings again. Saturday was a moment to dwell upon their limitations, Wednesday a night to wonder what they might become.

Fine, but there has to be a point at which Spurs are enjoyed for what they are. There’s a time to be forward-thinking, to worry about which players can be retained, and what everything means, but – with this team in particular – that seems to be a default and permanent state.

The loss to Manchester United was dispiriting. A generally solid defensive performance was undermined by a late lapse in concentration. Moments before Anthony Martial accelerated beyond Eric Dier, Dele Alli had botched his own chance to win the game and so, again, a top-six encounter away from home was a tale of what might have been.

It was a disappointing loss, but hardly a terminal one. Some games are instructive about the future, others are just settled by the bounce of the ball or a misjudgement. Factored into that context, of course, is the financial gulf which exists between the two teams. Tottenham and Manchester United are not two sides competing on an even playing field and they haven’t been for decades.

Yet, all of a sudden they are one in the same. Two sides competing for the same prize and in a world which hasn’t been adjusted for reality. Aspirant teams shouldn’t cling to asterisks about wage spends and transfer budgets for eternity but surely here, in this case, it should have been acknowledged that Tottenham remain in a growth phase, are new to playing in these Sky Montage games, and that they are still entitled to brush off defeat and claim it as part of the learning curve.

It was the determination to carve conclusions in stone which was grating: what did that game – in isolation – say about Pochettino and the months and years ahead? Measured against United, with their £60m backup forward and blank cheque budget, what is this Tottenham team?

Really, must it always be this way?

Spurs shouldn’t live in a consequence-free world and certainly receive enough praise to soften periodic criticism, but rarely before has a team existed in such a perpetual state of assessment. It’s strange because it’s so at odds with what we know to be true. Throughout its lifetime, the Premier League has always been dominated by a small cabal of teams. It’s stands to reason, then, that infiltrating that group – defeating its larger squads, its economies and many other advantages – takes time. It’s a process.

Pochettino has led his players to Stage One. They have finished in the Champions League places for two seasons in a row and have started to strike the right balance between European ambition and remaining competitive domestically. Given what has come before and who has had to be displaced for it to happen, that’s a remarkable achievement. The requirement from outside, though, seems to be that Tottenham should either complete a quantum leap in the game or be considered an afterthought. Becoming part of the rotation of sides who compete for the league title isn’t sufficient and their recent vertical movement can only be validated by a league championship.

“This is yet another Tottenham team that is in danger of being remembered for being all fur coat and no knickers”

That was The Sun’s assessment from Old Trafford and it was rather typical in its melodrama. Pochettino, his players, and his work are having their legacy readjusted every ninety minutes. Absurdly, losing away from home to high-powered teams is now not only disappointing, but also portrayed as a descriptive failure.

It’s never worked like this before. Over the last decade, there have been dozens of encounters between title hopefuls every season. Very few of them, though, ended with an autopsy. Managerial job security, the performances of certain players, and the tactics employed have always been discussed thoroughly, but never before with such intent to find fatal flaws; the appetite to disprove Tottenham’s authenticity is apparently insatiable.

The shame of that is in potentially missing the present: to Wednesday night, when Pochettino’s players shimmered under the Wembley lights. The Spanish press will focus on Real Madrid’s failings and neutrals will, quite correctly, claim that Ronaldo and Friends were strangely off colour, but that hardly seems the point. Back-to-back European Champions being humbled at the home of English football should always be a big deal, particularly when the side giving the lesson is stacked with British talent. It was something to be enjoyed, even if only because it was different. Madrid weren’t beaten by a team greased with oil money and financially doped beyond its identity, but a side built from relatively modest parts. Relatively modest homegrown parts. Draw a portrait of that first goal, for instance, and capture Kieran Tripper’s cross, Harry Winks’s cutting diagonal, and Alli’s movement, and it would be rich enough to hang in the National Gallery. The rise of a team is intoxicating and its moments are precious, but that’s a joy which is lost if eyes always drift reflexively towards the horizon?

Once upon a time, a team was only ever as good as its last result. Now, it’s only ever as good as its determined to be at a loose, non-specific point in the future.

“They’ve now got to show that they can win a game like that and four days later go and beat Crystal Palace.”

The words of a BT Sport presenter, an hour after full-time at Wembley. An hour after one of the most notable performances in a club’s history and a career highpoint for a raft of a young players.There’s a point there somewhere and – yes – backing up good results is an integral part of being successful. But it’s also rather indicative of a particularly joyless phenomenon: week-to-week, the pockets of enthusiasm for this Tottenham side continue to be ruthlessly policed and the supporters’ pride pricked at every opportunity.

That was a very well written article.
Enjoyable read.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
The only thing that keeps Madrid and Barca anywhere near the elites is their tax status...

If their or our tax system changed favourably towards the players the Prem would drive the SPL into the ground the way Seria A went.

As an industry the gvt should do what they can to attract even bigger investment before somone like China do it.
And the fact that they get an uneven share of television rights money, which the big 6 clubs in England have just been blocked from doing.