By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Sheffield Utd (A)

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
We should be going to Sheffield Utd to dominate, but we've decided to play a back 5......

• 1Lloris
  • 14Rodon
  • 15Dier
  • 33Davies
  • 24Aurier
  • 5Højbjerg
  • 28Ndombele
  • 3Reguilón
  • 23Bergwijn
  • 10Kane
  • 7Son Heung-Min
Lets see what happens I guess.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
We need a Christian Eriksen type player to unlock teams that defend deep. Decent opening 20, at least we are attacking but still not taking chances

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
We have one... playing infront of the back 4...

Reggie has been great... Kane is a monster

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Why are Mousa & Emile playing where they do?

Only reason I can think is that we want to break up the play higher up the field?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Were @ 57 minutes.... Time for N'Dombelé bingo...

74 mins for me...

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Ref not playing advantage when Son was clear through is a massive error. Silly goal to concede for us.

at least we are pushing for a 3rd.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Nooooooooooo

My word.... that is extraordinary....!!!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
While I don't think he has done much wrong... what has Bergwijn contributed other that legs...

Last edited:
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
3-1 up at 70 mins and Bale or Moura can't get a run out to save Kane or Sons legs....

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Yeah! Not sure why he is not bringing Bale on. Even for Kane, up top for 10/15 mins

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Finally, a thoroughly comfortable 90 odd minutes of viewing, barring maybe an iffy 10 minute period at the start of the 2nd half.

Assured performances from the back 3, Tanguy was brilliant and a full game wtf! Probably squandered a couple of goals with some lax finishing and final passes.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Much better this week. Still think we have another gear there somewhere. But we didn’t sit back, played on the front foot and could have scored a copy more

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Of course it's great to get a good win even if it's against the worst team in the history of the Premiership, but, can anyone tell me what the fucking point of the substitutions was? 2 minutes for Sid and 5 seconds for Sanchez.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Better.
And I think we'll improve from here on.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Of course it's great to get a good win even if it's against the worst team in the history of the Premiership, but, can anyone tell me what the fucking point of the substitutions was? 2 minutes for Sid and 5 seconds for Sanchez.
That was my point... at 70 mins we could have given Sid, moura and Sanches all 20 mins... and more importantly key players a rest

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Better.
And I think we'll improve from here on.
Not so sure, it's easy to play well when the opposition give you all the time and space in the world. When Sheffield did apply some pressure they scored (albeit from poor defending again). I will take the points but got to say I wasn't that impressed.

Edit: apart from Tanguys finish, ! , He has this ability to get something on the ball from nowhere. Great goal.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Just a quick comment on Rodon.
Thought he was decent.
But anyone else feel that when on the ball he had plenty of space to push up & use it yet instead pulled it back & played sideways or back? This happened so often.
I found it strange because I always felt he was pretty adept & eager to carry the ball forward.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Just a quick comment on Rodon.
Thought he was decent.
But anyone else feel that when on the ball he had plenty of space to push up & use it yet instead pulled it back & played sideways or back? This happened so often.
I found it strange because I always felt he was pretty adept & eager to carry the ball forward.

Yup!

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I’m not sure what that goal from N’dombele was all about. I’ve watched a replay of it about ten times now and I still don’t get it.

Maybe there is one other player on the planet who could have pulled that off. Maybe.

S

spurs2rise

Player in Training.
We should be going to Sheffield Utd to dominate, but we've decided to play a back 5......

• 1Lloris
  • 14Rodon
  • 15Dier
  • 33Davies
  • 24Aurier
  • 5Højbjerg
  • 28Ndombele
  • 3Reguilón
  • 23Bergwijn
  • 10Kane
  • 7Son Heung-Min
Lets see what happens I guess.
I don’t mind it (I know it’s easy to say that after the fact and I am only just about to sit down and watch the game),but when we signed Bale I had assumed we would play a 5-2-3 in defence switching to a 3-4-3 in transition and attack. That was also based on Aurier’s general position last season, but had not factored in Mourinho wanting to play 3 in midfield. I had thought/hoped it would be Hojbjerg and one of N’dombele//dele/Lo Celso depending on form, opposition etc.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I’m not sure what that goal from N’dombele was all about. I’ve watched a replay of it about ten times now and I still don’t get it.

Maybe there is one other player on the planet who could have pulled that off. Maybe.
It was fucking ridiculous... pundits saying he didn't mean it haven't watched what he can do on the ball...

Imagine if he could finish a ga..... oh shit...!!!

S

spurs2rise

Player in Training.

Just watched it. Reggie’s face is brilliant. Kind of a “phwoar I can’t believe I just saw that” look as his eyes widen and he peels away to go celebrate with N’dombele

S

spurs2rise

Player in Training.
Pretty annoyed Dele wasn’t even on the bench, and agree with comments above that we could/should have pulled Kane and co off at the 75th minute etc. However, we don’t play for a week and it’s the FA Cup vs Wycombe so maybe we can expect some rotation then.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
.....However, we don’t play for a week and it’s the FA Cup vs Wycombe so maybe we can expect some rotation then.
Don't disagree with that... but why then didn't those lads who will be rotated in.... get a few minutes to warm up and acclimatise their arses to be running round a bit as opposed to welded to a fucking plastic chair....

Mourinho is a proper cunt.

Why hasn't Spurs put a smile on my face....? I'm still grumpy as fuck...!!!