Fucking great post.... no idea who any of those (non Spurs) cunts are but I'm sold on every one of them.It's a significant summer transfer window.
Firstly, we're moving into a shiny, new stadium.
Secondly, we need to make even more progress with the core / group we have as I sense we may be running out of time with some of them.
Some players appear to be on the way out so I'm including them (Toby, Rose, Vorm). There are also increasing rumours that we will cash in on Dembele while his stock is still high. I'm also going to be a bit more aggressive (ruthless?) with some of the outgoing players as I believe we need an regenerative influx.
Therefore, I'm going to avoid some of those on the periphery & make some changes of intent.
8 out, 8 in. Unlikely, but we would be better for it as our squad depth would be greatly improved. I have also added their current clubs & their ages by the next transfer window.
OUT - IN
1. Sissoko - Milinkovic-Savic 23 (Lazio)
2. Toby - De Ligt 18 (Ajax)
3. Dembele - Amadou Diawara 21 (Napoli)
4. Lamela - Nabil Fekir 25 (Lyon)
5. Wanyama - Julien Wiegl 22 (Dortmund)
6. Rose - Jose Luis Gaya 23 (Valencia)
7. GNK - Gelson Martins 23 (Sporting)
8. Vorm - Alban Lafont 18 (Toulouse)
1. While Sissoko is physically strong Milinkovic-Savic really imposes himself on the pitch & boasts far more skill., directness & is much, much more clinical with his distribution & shooting. He's got confidence so you won't see a lot of immediate passing sideways or backwards.
2. Sad to lose someone as talented as Toby but if be, de Ligt is a formidable replacement as he has a maturity beyond his years, solid defensively & quite composed carrying the ball forward. Also very similar presence to Toby in the box both offensively & defensively. He's also 10 years younger.
3. Is there anyone else like Dembele? Can't replace someone like him as he's one of a kind but Diawara is physically strong, skillful, likes to go forward & tenacious off the ball, And again, much younger.
4. I've always rated Lamela & said he epitomizes the type of player MP wants. This one is almost a wash as they are very similar players in age, position, favoured foot etc which begs the question, "then why?" Fekir is much more direct in his play than Lamela has been with us. He's more of the Lamela of the Roma days.
5. Rumours rising about Wanyama leaving. Not the player he was since his injury & MP has not used him as he did in the past so something seems amiss. Julien Wiegl is not the beast that Victory is but he's still a strong presence in the middle of the field. A good ball winner plus very good in the transition.
6. Rose is a shadow of the player he was prior to his injury. Gaya would still provide speed & width going forward but he's a better crosser & also likes a sniff at goal.
7. Unfortunately GNK never materialized into the player we hoped. Gelson possess incredible pace & far more skill but equally as important, he's played regularly against high caliber opposition at EL, CL & at National levels.
8. Vorm is another that apparently is leaving so I included him. He's provided us with a decent backup with plenty of experience. Lafont is almost half Vorm's age but already has been first choice at Toulouse for a couple of seasons. He is extremely athletic & is capable of making incredibly acrobatic saves on a regular basis. He's very well positioned as he reads the game well.
All of these players would make us a better AND much more youthful side BUT with big league experience. They are not the sexiest players available but they are reasonable as they won't break the bank in exchange for the outgoing players.
As for the WILDCARD, I just get the feeling that the club is withholding something from us. A marquee signing to herald in the NWHL. This would be our INTENT signing. Who could it be? Bale may not be the popular choice but if he regains & retains his fitness he would be a real impact player for us along with providing even more international appeal.
There's other dead wood such as Jannsen, Llorente, & possibly even Winks as there is concern about his fitness. There are other upgrades to him for not a lot of cash. Again, moving 8 - 11 first teamers is highly unlikely but I would consider a significant shake up.
Moose and Vic for me are the ones where we loose from your list. They are top top players so getting replacements to fill the void they leave is huge and very unique.
We need DNA samples of them before they go though.... just incase.
I'd offer more insight but I struggle to catch a Yid game nowerdays let alone scouring Europe and wider for potential talent... I like videos lads... serve it up on a plate for me (lazy cunt I know).