By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Six in,Six out

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
It's a significant summer transfer window.
Firstly, we're moving into a shiny, new stadium.
Secondly, we need to make even more progress with the core / group we have as I sense we may be running out of time with some of them.

Some players appear to be on the way out so I'm including them (Toby, Rose, Vorm). There are also increasing rumours that we will cash in on Dembele while his stock is still high. I'm also going to be a bit more aggressive (ruthless?) with some of the outgoing players as I believe we need an regenerative influx.

Therefore, I'm going to avoid some of those on the periphery & make some changes of intent.

8 out, 8 in. Unlikely, but we would be better for it as our squad depth would be greatly improved. I have also added their current clubs & their ages by the next transfer window.

OUT - IN
1. Sissoko - Milinkovic-Savic 23 (Lazio)
2. Toby - De Ligt 18 (Ajax)
3. Dembele - Amadou Diawara 21 (Napoli)
4. Lamela - Nabil Fekir 25 (Lyon)
5. Wanyama - Julien Wiegl 22 (Dortmund)
6. Rose - Jose Luis Gaya 23 (Valencia)
7. GNK - Gelson Martins 23 (Sporting)
8. Vorm - Alban Lafont 18 (Toulouse)

WILDCARD IN
Bale

1. While Sissoko is physically strong Milinkovic-Savic really imposes himself on the pitch & boasts far more skill., directness & is much, much more clinical with his distribution & shooting. He's got confidence so you won't see a lot of immediate passing sideways or backwards.

2. Sad to lose someone as talented as Toby but if be, de Ligt is a formidable replacement as he has a maturity beyond his years, solid defensively & quite composed carrying the ball forward. Also very similar presence to Toby in the box both offensively & defensively. He's also 10 years younger.

3. Is there anyone else like Dembele? Can't replace someone like him as he's one of a kind but Diawara is physically strong, skillful, likes to go forward & tenacious off the ball, And again, much younger.

4. I've always rated Lamela & said he epitomizes the type of player MP wants. This one is almost a wash as they are very similar players in age, position, favoured foot etc which begs the question, "then why?" Fekir is much more direct in his play than Lamela has been with us. He's more of the Lamela of the Roma days.

5. Rumours rising about Wanyama leaving. Not the player he was since his injury & MP has not used him as he did in the past so something seems amiss. Julien Wiegl is not the beast that Victory is but he's still a strong presence in the middle of the field. A good ball winner plus very good in the transition.

6. Rose is a shadow of the player he was prior to his injury. Gaya would still provide speed & width going forward but he's a better crosser & also likes a sniff at goal.

7. Unfortunately GNK never materialized into the player we hoped. Gelson possess incredible pace & far more skill but equally as important, he's played regularly against high caliber opposition at EL, CL & at National levels.

8. Vorm is another that apparently is leaving so I included him. He's provided us with a decent backup with plenty of experience. Lafont is almost half Vorm's age but already has been first choice at Toulouse for a couple of seasons. He is extremely athletic & is capable of making incredibly acrobatic saves on a regular basis. He's very well positioned as he reads the game well.

All of these players would make us a better AND much more youthful side BUT with big league experience. They are not the sexiest players available but they are reasonable as they won't break the bank in exchange for the outgoing players.

As for the WILDCARD, I just get the feeling that the club is withholding something from us. A marquee signing to herald in the NWHL. This would be our INTENT signing. Who could it be? Bale may not be the popular choice but if he regains & retains his fitness he would be a real impact player for us along with providing even more international appeal.

There's other dead wood such as Jannsen, Llorente, & possibly even Winks as there is concern about his fitness. There are other upgrades to him for not a lot of cash. Again, moving 8 - 11 first teamers is highly unlikely but I would consider a significant shake up.
Fucking great post.... no idea who any of those (non Spurs) cunts are but I'm sold on every one of them.

Moose and Vic for me are the ones where we loose from your list. They are top top players so getting replacements to fill the void they leave is huge and very unique.

We need DNA samples of them before they go though.... just incase.

I'd offer more insight but I struggle to catch a Yid game nowerdays let alone scouring Europe and wider for potential talent... I like videos lads... serve it up on a plate for me (lazy cunt I know).

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Style, love your list but I would show a bit of intent by hanging on to Victor and Dembele. What's the most we'd even get for Dembele now? 40 Mil? Pfftttt! Levy will make that up in craft beer sales alone. I do agree that Rose, Toby and Vorm are gone, and i would be delighted with your replacements. Kinda partially to Lamela as well, but I am open to it.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Lamela cannot be allowed to leave......
No sess ?

Like I said, I really rate Lamela. Always have, but Inter has new money & is willing to spend presumably on him so if we can get top dollar plus get Fekir, we'll be ahead.

Personally, I don't rate Sess as high as others. He gets forward & has scored some goals from a more advanced position of winger but I question his technical ability, particularly in tight spaces. He also tends to run down blind alleys & has looked clumsy trying to get out of them.

Still very young & who know's what Poch could do with him.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Style, love your list but I would show a bit of intent by hanging on to Victor and Dembele. What's the most we'd even get for Dembele now? 40 Mil? Pfftttt! Levy will make that up in craft beer sales alone. I do agree that Rose, Toby and Vorm are gone, and i would be delighted with your replacements. Kinda partially to Lamela as well, but I am open to it.

Victory may still be trying to get up to speed after injury so there's more to come from him. We've also been getting more quality game time out of Dembele recently. Both are positives.

I just feel that their value may be at a premium, particularly Dembele's though 40M seems rather high.
The 20M - 25M I expect we may get for him may not reflect his value to us. It may simply be better to keep him & use him off the bench & to mentor someone like Diawara. Nevertheless, at his age, I expect his market value to drop sharply in the next year or two. Surely that plays on Levy's mind.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
It's a significant summer transfer window.
WILDCARD IN
Bale

As for the WILDCARD, I just get the feeling that the club is withholding something from us. A marquee signing to herald in the NWHL. This would be our INTENT signing. Who could it be? Bale may not be the popular choice but if he regains & retains his fitness he would be a real impact player for us along with providing even more international appeal.
Dont get your hopes up its only the express!!

DcWVbgqX0AAmHdG.jpg:large

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Not much to add to this but for me i’d love to see us buy a really mobile, ball playing DM. A Kante/Fernandinho crossed with a Modric/Alonso type player, not asking for much am I!! Just from what i’ve seen this season and the struggles we’ve had breaking down packed defences, I feel we could do better than Eric or Vic in those types of games, Vic is a beast but his passing is not his strength and Eric, well he drives me up the wall at times, he does have a decent array of passing and on his day can be brilliant but he’s so inconsistent, and can be quite defensive with the ball in those types of games and I feel that he, at times, slows our play down due to the amount of sideways passes he makes. He reminds me of Tommy Huddlestone a little, can on their day spray the ball around beautifully but also can be slow to pick a forward ball.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Not much to add to this but for me i’d love to see us buy a really mobile, ball playing DM. A Kante/Fernandinho crossed with a Modric/Alonso type player, not asking for much am I!! Just from what i’ve seen this season and the struggles we’ve had breaking down packed defences, I feel we could do better than Eric or Vic in those types of games, Vic is a beast but his passing is not his strength and Eric, well he drives me up the wall at times, he does have a decent array of passing and on his day can be brilliant but he’s so inconsistent, and can be quite defensive with the ball in those types of games and I feel that he, at times, slows our play down due to the amount of sideways passes he makes. He reminds me of Tommy Huddlestone a little, can on their day spray the ball around beautifully but also can be slow to pick a forward ball.

Winks?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
And with Toby going we'll need someone who can release the fullbacks from long range...

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.

Yup! If he can find that form that he displayed against Madrid, then yeah he’d definitely be a candidate for that role. He was so impressive in those games but struggled when he came back from injury in the fa cup games, probably partly down to not being properly match fit, rather than a lack of confidence, I hope!

He’s got so much potential but then again I thought the same of Tom Carroll.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Papers saying that ManU have struck a deal for Milinkovic-Savic of Lazio for 80M pounds.

Absolutely mental.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
After some deep (exaggeration) thoughts, I can think of two players I'd really like, and a few i'd be willing to part with. In: Sessegnon, Rabiot. Out: Rose, Llorente, Aurier, Janssen, GKN, Sissoko. Promote KWP to replace Aurier (he deserves it),Janssen and Llorente are covered by Son and Moura, not sure if GKN ever played more than 5 minutes, and Sissoko is replaced by a healthy Winks, or, alternatively, an empty roster spot. Both are improvements imo. I realize that the sales won't cover the incoming but we're a big club now with the best-paid chairman and the most expensive seats in Europe so clearly the money is no longer an issue. Dig deep, Danny.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Yaya Toure anyone?? squad cover,commercial aspect,would fit the DM role that Dembele is often injured for.Good pro,winning menatlity,experience,good in the dressing room,long in the shower :oops:

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Yaya Toure anyone?? squad cover,commercial aspect,would fit the DM role that Dembele is often injured for.Good pro,winning menatlity,experience,good in the dressing room,long in the shower :oops:

Not bad as he's experienced, been a winner, calm & smart on the ball, a strong tackler but I fear he lacked a great deal of mobility & stamina whenever I watched him play.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Not bad as he's experienced, been a winner, calm & smart on the ball, a strong tackler but I fear he lacked a great deal of mobility & stamina whenever I watched him play.
That's it he isn't mobile enough for Poch... got everything else though

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I don't know who the In's will be, but let's hope Danny Rose doesn't have to google them, or maybe he will have fucked off by then? Out's...let's be ruthless shall we.... (I'm hoping we keep Toby and if Poch wants Rose as well fine, I don't like him personally - cancel his 'loyalty' bonus)
Llorente - whats the point? Get Tammy Abraham from (Chelsea) Swansea as a back up. Son and a front three is our real back up as we saw when we beat Chelsea and Bournemouth.
GKN - what's the point? he's struggled at Burnley...who scouted him and N'Jie. Sack him as well.
Onomah - Good in the championship or lower Prem league squad player, has had his chances
CCV - shame, thought he was going to be a beast, isn't good enough at our level, yet?
Janssen - isn't going to make it under Poch's training regimes at this level
Sissoko - can stay as a squad player only, Winks will be back next season. For £30m we have to do better than Moussa, sorry and all that, but it's become a joke.
Aurier - just not good enough? or give him one more season? sack our French scout.....?

Some 'In' thoughts
Imagine if we got a Bale, I mean he's not black or French but he's a pacy winger with Moura on the other side. (no need for Rose then either). Sessegnon from Fulham is he good enough, maybe, or Gray from Leicester?
Anyone from Ajax is a winner - Vertonghen, Eriksen, Alderweireld....enough said.
Need good Eriksen cover and a new Dembele. Wanyama has lost something this year, last year great, this year not so much. The Germans have a winning mentality Thiago at Bayern Munich?

Finally I'd like to see a wily old winner what about Iniesta? or Gerard Pique as a Toby replacement? someone like that.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
I think it's time we shipped Harry out, can't even win the golden boot three years in a row for fuck sake, what a total waste of space. We could get at least a £100m for him I reckon. Thinking who I'd like to come in though, tough one...

is Klass Jan Huntelaar still playing :p

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I think it's time we shipped Harry out, can't even win the golden boot three years in a row for fuck sake, what a total waste of space. We could get at least a £100m for him I reckon. Thinking who I'd like to come in though, tough one...

is Klass Jan Huntelaar still playing :p
Ha ha ha who was that Brazilian bloke as well??

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Nah, Leandro Damiao wasn’t it? I’ve just remembered, someone on that old site used to go on and on about him coming to Spurs.....

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Nah, Leandro Damiao wasn’t it? I’ve just remembered, someone on that old site used to go on and on about him coming to Spurs.....
Bringing back memories of Gilberto....

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Okay, the whole United after Toby thing got me upset, but then I came up with a palatable scenario. What if we shipped Rose and Toby to United for Martial, sold Llorente, GKN, Janssen, and Sissoko and bought Sessegnon? We could then use the extra Levy bucks to buy De Ligt and maybe another CM. Crushing to see those two go to United, but it would certainly be a great return for us. We could certainly do worse.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Okay, the whole United after Toby thing got me upset, but then I came up with a palatable scenario. What if we shipped Rose and Toby to United for Martial, sold Llorente, GKN, Janssen, and Sissoko and bought Sessegnon? We could then use the extra Levy bucks to buy De Ligt and maybe another CM. Crushing to see those two go to United, but it would certainly be a great return for us. We could certainly do worse.
Everyone except everton seem to have cooled their heels over Rose,I cant see a buyer from england who he would want to go to or who would pay what Levy wants.Toby will become a bidding war certainly most of the top 5 would want him,if he has to go, spain or psg are our only hope,its not good to be selling to direct rivals unless as you say we get someone they would rather not sell to a rival.Martial would be good.Dear god,not fellaini !!

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse

That's a lot to give to a rival for Martial. Give them Rose plus a bit of cash. That's if they're still interested.

If Toby is to go, send him to Spain or France. Not around here.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
That's a lot to give to a rival for Martial. Give them Rose plus a bit of cash. That's if they're still interested.

If Toby is to go, send him to Spain or France. Not around here.

Oh, that would certainly be my preference. PSG would be great for him! However, if he wants United I think that Toby and Rose for Martial is pretty fair business. certainly better than buying Zaha imo. And I think Rose has very little value at this point. Not sure he'd even dent the cost of Martial. heck, I'd rather just keep Toby and sign a winger and a CM and be done with it, but that looks unlikely.