By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Slump or bump?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Updating the stats I opened this poxy thread with:

( The Premier League slump started on the 23rd February 2019 when we lost away to Burnley )

2014-15 Season - 19 wins from 38 (50%) - 5th
2015-16 Season - 19 wins from 38 (50%) - 3rd
2016-17 Season - 26 wins from 38 (68%) - 2nd
2017-18 Season - 20 wins from 38 (61%) - 3rd

2018-19 Season Pre-Burnley - 20 wins from 26 (77%) - 4th
(We were 3rd Pre-Burnley, and somehow managed to hang on for 4th, Arsenal and United really fucked up the run-in)

Since Burnley - 6 wins from 26 (26%) - 11th

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
recentform.png

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Titles aren't won in November........... :p

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Titles aren't won in November........... :p
Ha ha ha. If we win all our remaining games and Liverpool only average 2 points per game then it's on! That would be the biggest comeback in history, Bet Victor will give you 750-1 on that, whack a £1 double on Liverpool being relegated (1000-1) and you will win £750,000. Talking about betting, I reckon West Ham being relegated is good value at 11/2,

The lowest number of points after 12 matches that led to the title in the Premier League was 19, United in 1997.. The average title winning points after 12 games was 27, in the last 5 years the average required to go on and become champions was 30..

Looking a the current top four, only 9 teams from 62 have failed to make the top four from 25 points or more after 12 games, so our odds of 4/1 on that are crap value.

More interesting stats(?) - the highest number of points at the end of the season that a team was relegated with was 42 ( Middlesbrough in 1997 and West Ham in 2003)., the lowest number of points ever scored in the modern 20 team league was 11, Derby County in 2008.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Ha ha ha. If we win all our remaining games and Liverpool only average 2 points per game then it's on! That would be the biggest comeback in history, Bet Victor will give you 750-1 on that, whack a £1 double on Liverpool being relegated (1000-1) and you will win £750,000. Talking about betting, I reckon West Ham being relegated is good value at 11/2,

The lowest number of points after 12 matches that led to the title in the Premier League was 19, United in 1997.. The average title winning points after 12 games was 27, in the last 5 years the average required to go on and become champions was 30..

Looking a the current top four, only 9 teams from 62 have failed to make the top four from 25 points or more after 12 games, so our odds of 4/1 on that are crap value.

More interesting stats(?) - the highest number of points at the end of the season that a team was relegated with was 42 ( Middlesbrough in 1997 and West Ham in 2003)., the lowest number of points ever scored in the modern 20 team league was 11, Derby County in 2008.
Good stats, I like stats, Can we still make top 4 and win the FA Cup and Champions League? I think we can ;) that is definitely worth 50p of anyone's money, including Levy's. Although I'll doubt he'd invest, after all he's about to lose £100m on Eriksen, Alderweireld and Vertonghen.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
What are our odds on dropping?

Our form suggests we're a fair bet...

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
What are our odds on dropping?

Our form suggests we're a fair bet...

100/1 with the TAB here in Australia.

We won't be relegated but we won't be in the CL next season either.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I still think there's a chance of Champions League football next season, if we miss out on the Europa League as well then we would not have improved as much as I expect we will, Lo Celso and Sessegnon are just starting to feature, the lardy chap will get better, Eric Dier might improve now his health problems are sorted, Dele can only get better, Gazza is a great keeper, KWP, Foyth and Skipp will get more game time and be triffic.

I know I started this thread, I know we are currently in a huge slump, but I also know it won't last.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Good stats, I like stats, Can we still make top 4 and win the FA Cup and Champions League? I think we can ;) that is definitely worth 50p of anyone's money, including Levy's. Although I'll doubt he'd invest, after all he's about to lose £100m on Eriksen, Alderweireld and Vertonghen.
Top 4- 4/1
FA Cup- 11/1
CL - 40/1
1,760/1 Treble - get on it!

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
The problem is the disconnect between management and the players. Rose is unhappy and unwanted. Jan and Toby are either unwanted or want out, and Eriksen wants out. And all are going to leave on a free. The only one that really stings is Eriksen, because he could fetch 50 mil. Rose, Toby and Jan wouldn't go for over 15 mil at this point. But what it does in the clubhouse is clearly devastating. We look like a lost, divided team on the pitch because that's what we are off the pitch. Hate to blame Levy for everything, but he really makes it easy to do so. And if we do miss top 4, hope we miss Europa as well. With the right moves and some luck, a season with no European football could be our best shot at a PL title. Or we could just suck even more.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
The problem is the disconnect between management and the players. Rose is unhappy and unwanted. Jan and Toby are either unwanted or want out, and Eriksen wants out. And all are going to leave on a free. The only one that really stings is Eriksen, because he could fetch 50 mil. Rose, Toby and Jan wouldn't go for over 15 mil at this point. But what it does in the clubhouse is clearly devastating. We look like a lost, divided team on the pitch because that's what we are off the pitch. Hate to blame Levy for everything, but he really makes it easy to do so. And if we do miss top 4, hope we miss Europa as well. With the right moves and some luck, a season with no European football could be our best shot at a PL title. Or we could just suck even more.

Nobody is paying 50M for Eriksen anymore. Even if he had 5 years left on his contract he's not work a fraction of that. As a player, and it might be post-operative lack of conditioning but I doubt it, he is gone.