By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Southampton (A) PL Sat 9th March 15:00

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
SouthamptonSpurs.jpg

Time to get back to winning Premier League games. We haven't lost 3 in a row in the Premiership since November 2012 - that is a record we do not want to equal. The chances of use grabbing the title are slim, but I want more games like last night next season so fighting to hang on to a top 4 spot es muy importante. The goons and or United will drop points this weekend, so 3 points for us will put some daylight between us and the dogs snapping at our heels.

A hat-trick for Harry would be triffic and send him back up to joint golden booter (Aguero won't score this weekend).

Southampton v Tottenham Hotspur

192 Meetings

Southampton have played Tottenham Hotspur 192 times in all competitions, they have won 62 lost 81 and drawn 49 matches

First Match

Their first match was in the Southern League on Monday, 29 March 1897. Tottenham Hotspur were playing at home that day and the final score was Southampton ( Southampton St Mary's ) 1 Tottenham Hotspur 1 .

Last Match

The latest meeting between these two teams was a Premier League game on Wednesday, 5 December 2018, the score was Tottenham Hotspur 3 Southampton 1.

Highest Goals in Game - 9

Premier League, Saturday, 11 March 2000, Tottenham Hotspur 7 Southampton 2

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I watched the reverse fixture with the Dublin Spurs parish. Had an absolute blast. Fine Yids, the lot of them.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Fuck me, match day threads popping up all over the place!! It’s only miercoles after all ;)....

Well we will be missing Sir Poch in the dug out at his old stomping ground thanks to the FA or the Premier League, cunts. He’s not very popular in Southampton, so a comfy seat and walkie talkie in the directors box will have to do. We’ll have Jesus instead, he’s apparently pretty good with miracles, let’s hope he brings a soap box to stand on in case he can’t see.

We should win this, but they played well against United and are fighting for survival. Tight game 2-1 to us. I’m going with my gammy leg so make sure you win lads. For Sir Poch, and for the fans that went to Dortmund and Burnley. Play with Dortmund spirit and that will be enough. Danny Rose from the start please as well.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
They been looking quite solid with this new guy,and quite dangerous going forward.Think we are pretty much their local derby now pompey are screwed,their fans dont like us,stole their song (yeah that 1800s folk song written about southampton fc),chivers,hoddle,dean richards,toby wanyama,bale,poch and jesus,tony etc we all stole from them.They dont like us i am not caring !!A win would be a huge boost for our top 4 chances with scum&manure playing each other.Hopefully Dele makes the bench and winksy isnt too bad after Poch pulled him off :oops: last night.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
They been looking quite solid with this new guy,and quite dangerous going forward.Think we are pretty much their local derby now pompey are screwed,their fans dont like us,stole their song (yeah that 1800s folk song written about southampton fc),chivers,hoddle,dean richards,toby wanyama,bale,poch and jesus,tony etc we all stole from them.They dont like us i am not caring !!A win would be a huge boost for our top 4 chances with scum&manure playing each other.Hopefully Dele makes the bench and winksy isnt too bad after Poch pulled him off :oops: last night.

Yup mate, they’re a much trickier proposition than they were before old Hufflepuff or whatever his name is took over. They are dangerous going forward, they were really unlucky not to come away with anything against Utd last week.

We just have to win, every game against teams we should beat from here on in, is pretty much a must win, especially with the Scousers and City both away to play. Get it done boys!

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
The good news is that I think Southampton will be looking to play a bit. We should set up aggressively and press the hell out of them. No sitting off and letting them grow into it. We have significantly better players. Play inspired, attacking football and they will not be able to cope. Have a hunch we win a comfortable one for a change. 1-5 to the Mighty Spurs!

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Skiathos wou,d appreciate a really good link , please .
Did my dough inndortmund and couldn’t get there today

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Mate that app you gave me is the absolute tits.... get that belter on a firestick or android box and ya fucking laughing...
Yeah proper good quality pic,never buffers .

@Wotspur have you an android phone or box??

Reactions: Yid
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Skiathos wou,d appreciate a really good link , please .
Did my dough inndortmund and couldn’t get there today
I didn’t and I’m going, but with a car load of Saints fans. Hope it’s a quiet journey back.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Well that is an 11 that you would rarely see on the same teamsheet. Glad KWP is getting a game.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Toby Alderweireld and Serge Aurier both rested today. Not injury-related for either.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Number 200,man is unstoppable.Congrats Harry.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Can somebody please explain to me what the fuck Danny Rose was doing for the first Southampton goal?

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Can somebody please explain to me what the fuck Danny Rose was doing for the first Southampton goal?
Nope not a clue , Sanchez let it run through and he thoughnill try a dummy , rather than Row Z , ffs PROPER SPUREY .
Great Freekcik though ,CE ,that’s how’s you do it .
1st half hit the post and the crossbar , and 2nd half sat back and thought they’d stroll past Soton

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
We'd better win that Champions league...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
If ever you wonder why defenders concede what looks like needless corners,I give you exhibit A .

Did dier&dele run out of gas because of time out,or did we arrogantly think we had it won?I am going for option 2.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
On the positive side, plenty of games left for us still to win and plenty of games for our rivals to lose but it's all a little concerning. We need to start eradicating these stupid errors at the back. With Harry around you're always likely to get a goal, so we need to start keeping some clean sheets.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
On the positive side, plenty of games left for us still to win and plenty of games for our rivals to lose but it's all a little concerning. We need to start eradicating these stupid errors at the back. With Harry around you're always likely to get a goal, so we need to start keeping some clean sheets.
Apart from the champions league???

I hear ya though, this is frustrating.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Apart from the champions league???

I hear ya though, this is frustrating.

Yeah mate, meant the pl, cl we're in great shape. Not sure the last time we only got 1 point from a possible 12 and to lose to Burnley and Southampton in that run is a little worrying. You can always lose those types of games in isolation, but to lose to them both so close together, well, i guess we just move on and hope we find our league form before it's too late, especially as we probably have the hardest run in.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
I couldn’t watch the game live as I had to get up and coach this morning and I can’t be a grumpy cunt, the kids I coach don’t deserve that. Watched extended highlights and that was frustrating enough. At least the team I coach and my son’s team both won this morning.