By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Steve Hitchen

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Someone else,Hitchen still hasnt been confirmed by the club yet.
Yes, so who is doing the scouting now there's no incentive for Mitchell, I presume we have a network (all over the footballing world) these days, so essentially Hitchen is going to oversee all that? and if David Pleat sees someone he likes playing for Abroath, he just tells Levy? McDermott? or someone I guess.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Yes, so who is doing the scouting now there's no incentive for Mitchell, I presume we have a network (all over the footballing world) these days, so essentially Hitchen is going to oversee all that? and if David Pleat sees someone he likes playing for Abroath, he just tells Levy? McDermott? or someone I guess.
I guess @Thfcire will know who does the scouting in Ireland now his old man doesnt?Dont know who at THFC they go to now with finds?IRE said it was all a mess and thats why his dad quit.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
I guess @Thfcire will know who does the scouting in Ireland now his old man doesnt?Dont know who at THFC they go to now with finds?IRE said it was all a mess and thats why his dad quit.
They have a couple of people keeping an eye the north scout Marty is sound but this last kid was done through a bloke called eamon Collins who's been around the league of Ireland along time .think my old man is regretting it abit now but the shite he was having to put up with was unreal.hes in for another job at the moment which pays great money but isn't one of like him to take lol

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Pochettino says Steve Hitchen has joined the club in a recruitment role: "It's a different role [to Mitchell]." He started on Monday.
“Sometimes the rumours are true.
“Yes, Hitchen is true.
“You know I don’t like to lie, it’s true, but we will wait until the club announce.”

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So Hitchen replaces Broomfield as chief scout,nothing to do with Mitchells departure,who is still working his notice.
Hitchen,who will report to the trio of chairman Daniel Levy, Pochettino and Spurs' academy head John McDermott.

With Spurs making no moves in the January window and criticised in some quarters for their inability to sign a big star last summer, although Victor Wanyama has proved to be a massive success for just £9m, the club could do with Hitchen pushing another Modric or Suarez their way.

The man who 'found' Suarez and Modric - who is Spurs' new chief scout Steve Hitchen?
http://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/man-who-found-suarez-modric-12581345

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I don't buy all this nonsense about paying big money for a big 'star' name....it rarely works out and if they are not an instant hit they get moved on. City have spent over £400m in the past 5 years on so called star names, United £300m+ I think and Chelsea/Arsenal about £200m+ they have all had players like De Bruyne (chelsea first lol),Pogba (United when a kid lol),Schurrle, Di Maria, Negredo, Falcao, and countless others, paying them, in addition to the huge transfer sums, £150k a week.

What we need is more of the same type of scouting that finds a Berbatov, Bale, Modric, Dier, Dele Alli, etc. and let Poch go to work on them. When we need an instant replacement or obvious fit that is a star then fine, but otherwise lets make them ourselves, as Liverpool did with Suarez, City will with De Jesus (rather than Sterling who cost twice as much) United with Rashford and we have with Kane and Dele. That's the way forward in my book. The Dembele at Celtic, who we could have got this time last year (I think) at Fulham would potentially have been perfect and a great example of what I'm going on about.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
The dembele stuff is strange because if you go back far enough on the other kip my old man was saying we were strongly after him(although he did say dembeles brother lol be strange if bros had the same first name).i don't know what happened with him because the fee was small

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
The dembele stuff is strange because if you go back far enough on the other kip my old man was saying we were strongly after him(although he did say dembeles brother lol be strange if bros had the same first name).i don't know what happened with him because the fee was small
You'd know more than most, but I reckon it seemed done, there was even talk of a medical in the media. I reckon Fulham wanted him back for the rest of the season and Levy said No, so they said 'fuck off' then? Silly really, missed out on a bit of a gem by the look of it.

boo

boo

Founding Member
Pochettino says Steve Hitchen has joined the club in a recruitment role: "It's a different role [to Mitchell]." He started on Monday.
“Sometimes the rumours are true.
“Yes, Hitchen is true.
“You know I don’t like to lie, it’s true, but we will wait until the club announce.”

In his press conference, right at the end, he says Hitchen has been at the club since the start of the week.

S

spursman18

Player in Training.
You'd know more than most, but I reckon it seemed done, there was even talk of a medical in the media. I reckon Fulham wanted him back for the rest of the season and Levy said No, so they said 'fuck off' then? Silly really, missed out on a bit of a gem by the look of it.

There was a problem with his medical....which is why we didnt sign him.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
There was a problem with his medical....which is why we didnt sign him.
Oh hello Spursman, thanks for this I never knew and not sure many others did either? Whatever the issue was doesnt seem to be hampering him at Celtic, still reckon we missed a good'un

S

spursman18

Player in Training.
Oh hello Spursman, thanks for this I never knew and not sure many others did either? Whatever the issue was doesnt seem to be hampering him at Celtic, still reckon we missed a good'un

It's the same thing with Demba Ba when people were touting us to sign him. He wouldn't have passed a medical at the club, something to do with insurance issues regarding his knee. It didn't seems to bother him at the other clubs he was at but perhaps those clubs wanted to take the risk on him

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/02/1...edia&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCsport

Hgh praise from Comoli confirms that Hitchen scouted suarez for liverpool,here`s an extract;

Now, former Tottenham director of football Damien Comolli – who worked in the same role for Liverpool during Hitchen's time at Anfield – has confirmed the story about Suarez, and raved about Spurs' latest scout.

Comolli has told The Independent that Hitchen had great knowledge about Suarez having scouted him for Tottenham, and he helped Liverpool steal a march on their rivals to sign Suarez, before he became a hero on Merseyside.
“Steve was the main reason why we signed Suarez,” said Comolli. “He knew Suarez very, very well from his time at Spurs. And he got the intel that Ajax had made Suarez available for transfer. Nobody else knew that. It gave us a head-start. That is typical of Steve.”

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/02/10/damien-comolli-offers-his-opinion-on-tottenhams-newly-appointed/?utm_medium=share service&utm_campaign=social media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCsport

Hgh praise from Comoli confirms that Hitchen scouted suarez for liverpool,here`s an extract;

Now, former Tottenham director of football Damien Comolli – who worked in the same role for Liverpool during Hitchen's time at Anfield – has confirmed the story about Suarez, and raved about Spurs' latest scout.

Comolli has told The Independent that Hitchen had great knowledge about Suarez having scouted him for Tottenham, and he helped Liverpool steal a march on their rivals to sign Suarez, before he became a hero on Merseyside.
“Steve was the main reason why we signed Suarez,” said Comolli. “He knew Suarez very, very well from his time at Spurs. And he got the intel that Ajax had made Suarez available for transfer. Nobody else knew that. It gave us a head-start. That is typical of Steve.”
Ex employees helping rivals steal players from us ,we must have treated him so well the first time

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Ex employees helping rivals steal players from us ,we must have treated him so well the first time
Doesnt the rumour mill say we scouted suarez and saggy chops didnt want him?

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
Doesnt the rumour mill say we scouted suarez and saggy chops didnt want him?
Nope we scouted him so harry sent Tim and les to watch him and they said ....he's to close to Rafa ....that's a common myth but in this case 100% true you couldn't make it up

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Nope we scouted him so harry sent Tim and les to watch him and they said ....he's to close to Rafa ....that's a common myth but in this case 100% true you couldn't make it up
Rafa VDV or Benitez?:oops:
Anyway we would have needed a Neagen in the club to stop him chewing peoples arms off.
Same shit as what your Da said,recommended players by scouts being turned down by the club,which is normal,but when you do what wenger did and turned down Bale,or us with Keane&Suarez expect some flack when they show you up.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
Rafa VDV or Benitez?:oops:
Anyway we would have needed a Neagen in the club to stop him chewing peoples arms off.
Same shit as what your Da said,recommended players by scouts being turned down by the club,which is normal,but when you do what wenger did and turned down Bale,or us with Keane&Suarez expect some flack when they show you up.
Knowing the reports my old man put in were talking at least ten pages on him now in fairness he could have had a off day (see my old man on Roy Keane getting sent off ) Suarez had his ups and downs at Ajax and I hate even putting in doubts Tim might have been right for doubts but hearing on podcasts about di canio etc he would have loved him