By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

The Incident

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Racism at Spurs is all over the World news headlines. Racism is bad, unacceptable and vile. bad. Unacceptable, vile stuff is loved by the media so the story grows organically like all the crap people believe on the Internet. The problem seems to be to me that the only person who witnessed this incident is Rudiger. The video from the stadium has been studied and these days every inch of the ground is covered - no gestures found. Nobody in the 61,000 crowd seems to have witnessed it and none of the Spurs players of any colour acknowledge this 'incident' took place.

On Sky news this morning they were making a big deal of the 'three warnings' and how the racism protocol had been used for the first time in a Premier League ground. Three warnings? That's odd because even Rudiger said there was only one 'incident'. Now, most people are thick as shit and want to believe the vile shit they want to believe, so 3 warnings means at least 3 'incidents'. The only racism I have witnessed at the Lane was from chav fans who were howling vile 'Yid' based threats and abuse at me and other Spurs fans while Plod did fuck all.

If this 'incident' did take place then the normal human being supporters sitting next to the neanderthal cunt or cunts should some forward and the club can ban him or them for life. When 61,000 get together to watch a highly charged football game, many of them pissed out of their minds, there will always be a cunt or three who can't control their stupidity, they are dealt with by the many hundreds of stewards and Police at the matches. This 'incident' has been blown up to ridiculous levels by the media and the cunts on Twitter and Arsebook. Football in the UK these days is spectacularly non-racist, most of us remember the dark days of the 70's. I know I have only been to 20 or so games in recent years but I have never heard an incident, if I had I would have like most people taken action, either directly or via a steward or a member of the constabulary.

Let's have a full investigation and whoever the culprits are, punishment should be severe - either for the fan(s) or the accuser if his claims are found to be false. 61,000 fans, 4 officials, 22 players on the field, fuck knows how many assistants and medical staff, hundreds of stewards and coppers - surely more than just one of these folks would have witnessed this 'incident'.

The important thing to keep in mind is that 99.99999% of the 61,000 crowd did not lob missiles or indulge in racist abuse.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
It's a real shame that this sort of behaviour still exists.

But it's kinda suspicious how nobody has witnessed or been singled out yet.
Makes you wonder what / if Rudiger heard / saw?

Yet they have swiftly arrested a Chav fan at the match.for his abuse of Son.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Rudiger has previous in Italy ( ok not the most liberal of places) , but if you watch the game , and the incident , right behind the players , were a few Koreans ( who video nearly everything ) and two young black lads . I noticed 20 minutes later on the match highlights they were all still there.
rudiger indicated it was no just 1 slur on his colour , but by a large number . 1 is wrong But Many , naah , I’m not having that , , he was called a cheat and a wanker ,and there was plenty of YIDS, Yids,Yids” there was also
“Who let the Yids out !Huh,Huh “ perhaps that was heard by him to be monkey chants .,and could account for many singing it
last week we STHs were asked our opinion on the use of the Yid word again , and end of the week they published the reports . Is this just one step away from eradicating the Yid word from our repertoire of songs .
its now 36+ hours and there is zero evidence , no photos , nothing on utube ,and the only one arrested for Racist comments was a chelsea fan ,who got removed from the stadium _ he was reported by other Chelski fans , so there are a few good ones , despite the hissing by others

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
We can confirm that we have identified and issued an immediate ban to the individual responsible for throwing a cup at Chelsea goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga during Sunday’s Premier League home fixture.

We shall continue to take the strongest action possible against anyone found to be behaving in this way.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Good news . Now let’s keep looking to the N th degree so we can shut up the British Press and Sky . I bet they don’t spend 36 hours apologising for slander nor mentioning the 1 arrest of a Chelsea fan or the hissing

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
LONG MESSAGE - Witness statement to the Rudiger incident. (NOT MY WITNESS STATEMENT)

A long post on SSC forum from someone who was really close to the incident at Spurs on Sunday. In short, the fans were all chanting ‘cheat cheat cheat’. He suggests Rudiger misheard / got confused -

STARTS

Slightly off topic but I have just sent the following email to Donna Cullen (Spurs Director),Bruce Buck (Chelsea Chairman),Nigel Adams (Minister for Sport),David Lammy (MP for Tottenham),Mark Bullingham (CEO of the FA),Kick It Out, the Premier League, the Press Association and the joint chairpeople of the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust:

To all concerned,

There is a photograph taken at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium on Sunday of Antonio Rudiger, Harry Kane and the referee, Anthony Taylor, in discussion after the sending off of Heung Min Son. It appeared on both the Telegraph and Guardian website front pages. I post the link here:

In the stands, immediately behind Harry Kane's head, you can see a tall, rather angry looking, middle aged man pointing his finger in Antonio Rudiger's direction. That man is me. I begin with this revelation, for want of a better word, because I wish to establish that there can hardly have been more than half a dozen fans in the stadium who were closer to where Sunday's big talking point unfolded than me. I was probably less than twenty yards away.

And I am as convinced as it is possible to be that there was no racism directed at Antonio Rudiger. I could not be more certain that this unprecedented media storm is, in fact, the consequence of a huge misunderstanding on Antonio Rudiger's part. To be clear, please do not mistake my stance for that of someone who lightly dismisses or excuses racism; or for that of a fan incapable of objectivity and in denial about the possibility that racists exist within all clubs' fan bases. For me, the fight to eradicate racism in football far exceeds in importance and worthiness the desire to defend my club's reputation. I know that there are racists among all fan bases - Spurs included. And should I ever witness racism from Spurs fans, I would want the full force of the law to bear down on them.

So, to the events of Sunday afternoon and why I so wholeheartedly believe what I believe. By way of background, for what it's worth, I have no real argument with Son's sending off. He did make a slight, if aborted, move of his feet towards Rudiger as he tumbled. And such an action is likely to result in a red card. Nevertheless, that can't excuse Antonio Rudiger's reaction. Jose Mourinho said it best when he sarcastically wished the Chelsea defender a speedy recovery from the multiple broken ribs that he must have suffered. There is nothing more cowardly within football than feigning injury in order to get an opposition player sent off.

As English football fans are wont to do in such circumstances, thousands of us in the south stand chanted "cheat, cheat, cheat, cheat..." at Antonio Rudiger. It was at that specific moment that he turned and gestured angrily at us before going to his captain / the referee to complain about having been the target of monkey noises. When English is not your first language and when you are unfamiliar with English fan culture, 5000 or so English fans chanting "cheat, cheat, cheat...." at a fast tempo and unsynchronised could, I suspect, sound very much like monkey noises. The timing of Antonio Rudiger's angry gesture towards the fans and immediate subsequent discussions with his captain and the referee confirms that suspicion. The only alternative is that Antonio Rudiger is claiming that he heard a lone voice making monkey noises. And if that is the case, then I say that Antonio Rudiger is a liar. There is not the remotest chance that he could have isolated that lone voice above the nigh on identical sound of 5000 fans repeatedly shouting "cheat".

Of course, it is possible that, in a quieter moment, Antonio Rudiger heard this lone, racist voice. But no one else did. Nor could Spurs' and the police's forensic CCTV study of every fan in the crowd identify a guilty party. Besides, I am quite confident that the person to whom this lone voice belonged would have been quickly shopped - or at least shopped by now - if he existed. Spurs fans do not tolerate racism. So I can only conclude that this person does not exist. And since I have no reason to believe that Antonio Rudiger would lie about such a serious matter, the only remaining, plausible explanation that fits the facts is that he mistook chants of "cheat" for monkey noises. That's why he gestured angrily at fans in the south stand. He couldn't have been reacting to anything else.

In the meanwhile, the name and reputation of Spurs fans has been dragged through the mud. There has been an unprecedented level of coverage and outcry concerning Sunday's events - wholly out of proportion with any previous instance of alleged racism. It is more than a little ironic given that, more than any club's fans, Spurs fans have repeatedly been on the receiving end of genuine, vile racist abuse that has repeatedly received little to no media coverage.

So I believe that, given the evidence that I have supplied above and given the complete absence of any evidence pointing to anyone having directed monkey noises at Antonio Rudiger, Spurs and Spurs fans are owed an apology that is every bit as widely disseminated, loudly proclaimed and sincerely meant as the accusations and opprobrium that has rained down on us for the past few days. Antonio Rudiger should be presented with the facts as I saw them and asked if he hasn't, in fact, made an innocent mistake - albeit one that has had huge consequences. There can be no blame directed at him for such an innocent mistake so he should not feel afraid to admit it. Far better that than to stubbornly stick to his story without knowing, beyond doubt, that he genuinely heard what he thought he heard.

I could not be more aware that the fight to eradicate racism within football is of paramount importance. And I fully acknowledge that those charged with the running of clubs and the game more generally have a great responsibility to support players who are subject to racism. Rightly so. But I therefore suspect that, if no evidence of racism is found in this instance, the matter will be allowed to fade from public attention without further comment being made. And the stain of racist abuse will linger and taint the reputation of Spurs and Spurs fans henceforward. And that is not fair. And it does a disservice to the genuine fight against racism. I cannot and will not allow this to happen. I hope to see positive action from each of you to whom I have sent this email. If you wish to contact me for further discussion, please do so. If you wish to publish or use what I have written for further discussion elsewhere, you have my permission - so long as you do not edit it to alter its meaning in any way, however subtle. If nothing is done and if no evidence of racist behaviour is found and presented to the media, then I will have to consider what further action I (with the help of other Spurs fans) might have to take to make right the wrong that I believe has been done to Spurs fans.

Thank you all for taking the time to read the above. I hope that it has been of some help. I look forward to your responses and to whatever subsequent action you are able to take.

Happy Christmas!

Yours sincerely

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
As a club fighting hard against whether we are yids or not, i still struggle to believe anything happened, the club will deal with it if it did, if not we deserve an apology cos that incident has made us look like a club we are not

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
LONG MESSAGE - Witness statement to the Rudiger incident. (NOT MY WITNESS STATEMENT)

A long post on SSC forum from someone who was really close to the incident at Spurs on Sunday. In short, the fans were all chanting ‘cheat cheat cheat’. He suggests Rudiger misheard / got confused -

STARTS

Slightly off topic but I have just sent the following email to Donna Cullen (Spurs Director),Bruce Buck (Chelsea Chairman),Nigel Adams (Minister for Sport),David Lammy (MP for Tottenham),Mark Bullingham (CEO of the FA),Kick It Out, the Premier League, the Press Association and the joint chairpeople of the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust:

To all concerned,

There is a photograph taken at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium on Sunday of Antonio Rudiger, Harry Kane and the referee, Anthony Taylor, in discussion after the sending off of Heung Min Son. It appeared on both the Telegraph and Guardian website front pages. I post the link here:

In the stands, immediately behind Harry Kane's head, you can see a tall, rather angry looking, middle aged man pointing his finger in Antonio Rudiger's direction. That man is me. I begin with this revelation, for want of a better word, because I wish to establish that there can hardly have been more than half a dozen fans in the stadium who were closer to where Sunday's big talking point unfolded than me. I was probably less than twenty yards away.

And I am as convinced as it is possible to be that there was no racism directed at Antonio Rudiger. I could not be more certain that this unprecedented media storm is, in fact, the consequence of a huge misunderstanding on Antonio Rudiger's part. To be clear, please do not mistake my stance for that of someone who lightly dismisses or excuses racism; or for that of a fan incapable of objectivity and in denial about the possibility that racists exist within all clubs' fan bases. For me, the fight to eradicate racism in football far exceeds in importance and worthiness the desire to defend my club's reputation. I know that there are racists among all fan bases - Spurs included. And should I ever witness racism from Spurs fans, I would want the full force of the law to bear down on them.

So, to the events of Sunday afternoon and why I so wholeheartedly believe what I believe. By way of background, for what it's worth, I have no real argument with Son's sending off. He did make a slight, if aborted, move of his feet towards Rudiger as he tumbled. And such an action is likely to result in a red card. Nevertheless, that can't excuse Antonio Rudiger's reaction. Jose Mourinho said it best when he sarcastically wished the Chelsea defender a speedy recovery from the multiple broken ribs that he must have suffered. There is nothing more cowardly within football than feigning injury in order to get an opposition player sent off.

As English football fans are wont to do in such circumstances, thousands of us in the south stand chanted "cheat, cheat, cheat, cheat..." at Antonio Rudiger. It was at that specific moment that he turned and gestured angrily at us before going to his captain / the referee to complain about having been the target of monkey noises. When English is not your first language and when you are unfamiliar with English fan culture, 5000 or so English fans chanting "cheat, cheat, cheat...." at a fast tempo and unsynchronised could, I suspect, sound very much like monkey noises. The timing of Antonio Rudiger's angry gesture towards the fans and immediate subsequent discussions with his captain and the referee confirms that suspicion. The only alternative is that Antonio Rudiger is claiming that he heard a lone voice making monkey noises. And if that is the case, then I say that Antonio Rudiger is a liar. There is not the remotest chance that he could have isolated that lone voice above the nigh on identical sound of 5000 fans repeatedly shouting "cheat".

Of course, it is possible that, in a quieter moment, Antonio Rudiger heard this lone, racist voice. But no one else did. Nor could Spurs' and the police's forensic CCTV study of every fan in the crowd identify a guilty party. Besides, I am quite confident that the person to whom this lone voice belonged would have been quickly shopped - or at least shopped by now - if he existed. Spurs fans do not tolerate racism. So I can only conclude that this person does not exist. And since I have no reason to believe that Antonio Rudiger would lie about such a serious matter, the only remaining, plausible explanation that fits the facts is that he mistook chants of "cheat" for monkey noises. That's why he gestured angrily at fans in the south stand. He couldn't have been reacting to anything else.

In the meanwhile, the name and reputation of Spurs fans has been dragged through the mud. There has been an unprecedented level of coverage and outcry concerning Sunday's events - wholly out of proportion with any previous instance of alleged racism. It is more than a little ironic given that, more than any club's fans, Spurs fans have repeatedly been on the receiving end of genuine, vile racist abuse that has repeatedly received little to no media coverage.

So I believe that, given the evidence that I have supplied above and given the complete absence of any evidence pointing to anyone having directed monkey noises at Antonio Rudiger, Spurs and Spurs fans are owed an apology that is every bit as widely disseminated, loudly proclaimed and sincerely meant as the accusations and opprobrium that has rained down on us for the past few days. Antonio Rudiger should be presented with the facts as I saw them and asked if he hasn't, in fact, made an innocent mistake - albeit one that has had huge consequences. There can be no blame directed at him for such an innocent mistake so he should not feel afraid to admit it. Far better that than to stubbornly stick to his story without knowing, beyond doubt, that he genuinely heard what he thought he heard.

I could not be more aware that the fight to eradicate racism within football is of paramount importance. And I fully acknowledge that those charged with the running of clubs and the game more generally have a great responsibility to support players who are subject to racism. Rightly so. But I therefore suspect that, if no evidence of racism is found in this instance, the matter will be allowed to fade from public attention without further comment being made. And the stain of racist abuse will linger and taint the reputation of Spurs and Spurs fans henceforward. And that is not fair. And it does a disservice to the genuine fight against racism. I cannot and will not allow this to happen. I hope to see positive action from each of you to whom I have sent this email. If you wish to contact me for further discussion, please do so. If you wish to publish or use what I have written for further discussion elsewhere, you have my permission - so long as you do not edit it to alter its meaning in any way, however subtle. If nothing is done and if no evidence of racist behaviour is found and presented to the media, then I will have to consider what further action I (with the help of other Spurs fans) might have to take to make right the wrong that I believe has been done to Spurs fans.

Thank you all for taking the time to read the above. I hope that it has been of some help. I look forward to your responses and to whatever subsequent action you are able to take.

Happy Christmas!

Yours sincerely

this is so wrong , I was shouting out Wnaker , not cheat 😂😂
I reckon he misheard, the Song , cause that is what he told his captain , “ Who let the Yids out Huh huh “ which to a poor English spoken person might sound like monkey chants .
as I also put on one post , I rewatched the incident upon my return and right behind the incident were two young black men , if they’d heard a racist comment I’m sure they Must have heard it , and wouldn’t to be there any longer , but they were still there later on in the match , so I can’t see it happend

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
this is so wrong , I was shouting out Wnaker , not cheat 😂😂
I reckon he misheard, the Song , cause that is what he told his captain , “ Who let the Yids out Huh huh “ which to a poor English spoken person might sound like monkey chants .
as I also put on one post , I rewatched the incident upon my return and right behind the incident were two young black men , if they’d heard a racist comment I’m sure they Must have heard it , and wouldn’t to be there any longer , but they were still there later on in the match , so I can’t see it happend
If that's so, and the authorities deemed it suitable you can identify the exact seats those two lads must have been in and could ask them for their version of events. Although I dont suppose their version will be more or less valid than any other fan in that section of the ground.

Surely if there is nothing to report the club will know? Their cameras and audio equipment is absolutely starte of the art? Review the tapes with kick it out, the Chavs, the old bill, the premier league and any other cunt who wants to chime in and then make a statement about their findings one way or another.

Simple as fuck then init... identify the area and individuals (if possible),let the filth do their job and monitor like fucking hawks for any snippet of anything else and hammer the shit out of anyone stepping over the line.

I dont see this as a big problem to solve, If it's a problem at all at Spurs.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I think either Rudiger is a liar or he was mistaken and is now doubling down on that because he is not man enough to admit he was wrong. The so-called UK government has now got involved in this non-incident, threatening to take action if this imaginary racism is not stopped.

Even IF this 'incident' did happen, which I doubt, Rudiger said ""I don't want to involve Tottenham as an entire club into this situation as I know that just a couple of idiots were the offenders," FFS, IF a couple of fans were wankers out of 61,000, how the fuck has this become an internationally reported 'incident' that the sham UK government ( < 44% of the votes = massive HOC majority, democracy my left bollock ) gets involved?

The damage to our club's reputation has been done, it can not be undone. Even if every second of the' incident' is released, even if the reported lip-readers Tottenham have employed categorically state that the 'incident' did not happen, even if every one of the 61,000 fans are called as witnesses in a trial, state that they did not witness this 'incident', the word of one unreliable accuser will be believed. In the eyes of the world THFC will be remembered as a racist club.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
If that's so, and the authorities deemed it suitable you can identify the exact seats those two lads must have been in and could ask them for their version of events. Although I dont suppose their version will be more or less valid than any other fan in that section of the ground.

Surely if there is nothing to report the club will know? Their cameras and audio equipment is absolutely starte of the art? Review the tapes with kick it out, the Chavs, the old bill, the premier league and any other cunt who wants to chime in and then make a statement about their findings one way or another.

Simple as fuck then init... identify the area and individuals (if possible),let the filth do their job and monitor like fucking hawks for any snippet of anything else and hammer the shit out of anyone stepping over the line.

I dont see this as a big problem to solve, If it's a problem at all at Spurs.
They found the cup throwing guy almost instantly on CCTV,if you saw any of those 360` cameras,you can find yourself in the crowd wherever you are,and those are sort of for fun uses,fan amusment,the quality is HD,not a single face is blurred,you can truly clearly see every individual face of 62,000 fans.I have no reason to think that security video is not of better quality than this.Certainly anyone making ape gesticulations would be spotted instantly on review,all seats have the information on who is in them so by now it would have been done and dusted.Chanted words are more problematic,but all evidence as posted in the statement has to make you think that a truly unjust mistake has been made.

Is this outcry a culmination from the chelsea city sterling abuse,or city united,everton spurs (son abuse) where it was clear indidivuals were using racial abuse/gestures?,so why is the whole damn world of media hammering spurs when no evidence from thousands of cameras both tv,club and fans filming come to light??No one is ever going to admit maybe nothing happened,we will be tarred and feathered over this forever.

I challenge any journalist,police to come to stamford bridge or stratford and not hear the antisemetic songs,I have never not heard it,never.Be it hissing,foreskin songs,indidvual jew or dirty yid yelled abuse,you simply cannot not hear it.Last time i went there 5 years ago? come out into fulham broadway lines of more than dozens of police lining the road and fans singing i`ve got a foreskin havent you,fucking jew.No one nicked,no comment from the media,if they want the story just hang around the pubs,on the tube,in the street in the stadium (obviously not the directors and lush media area),they will hear it.I have not heard any racist songs or individual comments from spurs fans since the dark days of the late 70s early 80s,in the stadium,tubes,pubs,on the street.I am so gutted at these allegations hammering us,whether true or not.Cos our clubs is now tarnished forever.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Most of the news I see here is american from my sat box,I noticed today on CNN the banner now changed to alleged racial abuse when talking about Lampard unhappy Jose questioned rudigers play acting broken ribs in the Son red card. a subtle but interesting shift from the initial narrative which was he was racially abused.Thats probably the only kind of backtrack we will get though.It will always just be alleged at best for us.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
EMtfaZfW4AAPLWR

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Can’t ever say he lied unfortunately, but there’s definitely been a ‘mistake’..........or at least it looks that way. The technology in the stadium is phenomenal.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Can’t ever say he lied unfortunately, but there’s definitely been a ‘mistake’..........or at least it looks that way. The technology in the stadium is phenomenal.

ok let’s be fair , he knew he’d gone down easily , he looked up furtively to see Son ,being Sent off and got gingerly to his feet . He knew he was going to get abused , and as ive said his English isn’t good , cheat and wanker may not be in his vocabulary , so when he heard the Huh Huh of the Who let the Yids out , he took that as monkey chants and thought he’d take advantage of throwing his embarrassment of injury and put the onus on another Fake Racist incident ( after his accusation in Italy in 2017 , fully investigated by UEFA

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
ok let’s be fair , he knew he’d gone down easily , he looked up furtively to see Son ,being Sent off and got gingerly to his feet . He knew he was going to get abused , and as ive said his English isn’t good , cheat and wanker may not be in his vocabulary , so when he heard the Huh Huh of the Who let the Yids out , he took that as monkey chants and thought he’d take advantage of throwing his embarrassment of injury and put the onus on another Fake Racist incident ( after his accusation in Italy in 2017 , fully investigated by UEFA
Let's have this one fully investigated by UEFA... nothing to lose.

Itd get people thinking about his allegations.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

Eight days after allegations of racism from Tottenham fans towards Chelsea's Antonio Rudiger and still we await firm evidence.

If it never comes, it doesn't mean nothing happened or that Rudiger was making it up. Rightly, the German was taken at his word.

But we do now have to consider that Rudiger may have been mistaken in what he thought he heard. And, as a consequence, we must have a look at ourselves and how quickly once again the modern world rushed to judgment.
We couldn't get through Match of the Day last Sunday without hearing the Professional Footballers' Association call for a government inquiry. No thanks. On Sky, meanwhile, Gary Neville took aim at our politicians.

What nobody wanted to do was wait and see if Rudiger was actually right.

Spurs play in the country's most modern stadium. Every seat is covered by CCTV, but nothing has shown up. Just as interesting is that Spurs — a club proud of the diverse community in which it sits — have received no phone calls from supporters on the matter.

Someone making monkey noises at a football match would not just be noticed by the person in the next seat. Such an offensive act would quickly cause a ripple.
In such instances, supporters are actually very good at self-policing. The Chelsea fan accused of making offensive remarks to Tottenham's Son Heung-min at the same game was reported by one of his own, for example.

Every allegation made by players deserves investigation. Racism goes beyond sport. It is an infringement on human rights.

But knee-jerk reactions help nobody and they harm our sport. So quick are we to reach conclusions and tell the world that rational thought too often disappears. In an instance such as this, Rudiger deserves our consideration, but so too does Tottenham's reputation.

Neville's suggestion that our politicians need to do more has merit, but if they are to blame for cultural fissures in society, then so are their predecessors.

Back in the 1980s, my father and I briefly stopped attending matches because it was unpleasant. Racism on the terraces was one reason.

A decade or so later, it was not uncommon in this profession to hear managers privately question the character of black players. Testimonies of players like Liverpool's Howard Gayle and Rangers' Mark Walters have told us just how tough it was.

But as we note this, we should also note that it is not like this any more. Football has made enormous strides and while we should recognise that the fight goes on, it should be okay to say that progress has been made, too.
Education is an ongoing process and that is certainly the case when it comes to racism. Managers, chairmen, players, supporters and the media must be vigilant and responsible.

Zero tolerance is the only way. Just as it should no longer be acceptable to make a racist joke in the pub, so it should be unacceptable to bring that kind of poison to a football stadium.

But on the whole, football in this country is doing the right thing. It may be easier to shout your disgust. It will certainly make you feel and look good on social media. But look beneath the surface of our game and you will see players, clubs and our governing bodies often getting it right. It is my view that English football is showing others the way in this regard. Progress may often seem slow, but it is progress all the same.

In the wake of last Sunday, Antonio Rudiger deserved his voice to be heard. But — amid all the hollering and wailing that followed — so too did Tottenham.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Yeah, saw this article too yesterday.

This incident has gotten so far out of hand without any evidence to corroborate Rudiger's clam all the while tarnishing Spurs' reputation.
Then all simply goes silent. Damage done.
Well done to all involved.

But well done to Ian for presenting the facts, & recognizing & voicing this injustice. A well written article.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Almost certainly he miss heard
Who let the Yids out ,Huh ,Huh Huh Huh ........and thoughts that was monkey chants
I knew of a guy 30 + years ago , got acccused of rape , she only got proved to be a liar in court , 2 weeks after his funeral , when he committed suicide .
mud sticks ,and whilst ,we thought it was unlikely it was rape , she was quite well known , he couldn’t live where he grew up .
why can’t the FA ,𝘚𝘬𝘺 come out and say nothing has been found , and more importantly , next time something happens , they don’t repeat the lie and say , “we’ll it’s just following on from the incident at WHL

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

It’s now 12 days since allegations that Antonio Rüdiger was racially abused by the home crowd at the Premier League game between Spurs and Chelsea on Sunday 22 December. In the interests of all concerned, there now needs to be a clear statement on what has been established by the investigation THFC announced immediately after the game.
Either there was racist abuse, or there wasn’t. If racist abuse occurred, the perpetrators must be punished. If none occurred, the reputation of Tottenham Hotspur fans must be cleared.

We understand the need for any investigation to be conducted properly. We acknowledge that the number of working days over the Christmas and New Year period presented a challenge. And we have been mindful of the need to refrain from comment while the investigation was in progress. Too many people have rushed to judgement before being sure of the facts.

But the lack of any update from either the Club or the Police after the initial Club statement on 23 December, other than a brief reference to the investigation being ongoing on 24 December, is leading to increasing levels of speculation and conjecture. The time has come for the facts as they are known to be laid out.

We have continuously urged for a swift conclusion throughout the festive period and now publicly call upon THFC and the Metropolitan Police to clarify as a matter of urgency what facts have been established, and what still remains to investigate.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I am not going to provide a link to such bollocks,but the mail`s so called journo who wrote 2 books for racist scum john terry is laying into spurs and the fans,for their "inability" to find evidence,and how they are trying to shut down someone who heard racist chants that no one else can prove,basically spurs fans are scum,chelsea fans are warm and cuddly and hitler didnt finish the job.Fucking massive right wing nazi loving virtuous cunt.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

The Club and the Metropolitan Police have now exhausted all avenues of investigation following the reported incident at our home fixture against Chelsea on 22 December.
We carried out extensive reviews of CCTV images and footage, working with professional lip readers. All materials and reports have now also been reviewed by the police who have carried out their own investigation.
The police have notified us today that, having reviewed and investigated, they have closed the crime report as they can find no evidence to support the allegation of racial abuse.
We fully support Antonio Rudiger with the action that he took - however there is no evidence to corroborate or contradict the allegation and as such neither ourselves nor the police are in a position to take any further action.
We are fiercely proud of our anti-racism work and our zero tolerance of any form of discrimination. This is one reason why we have attributed so much time and resource to investigating this matter. Had we identified anyone guilty of this we were intent on issuing them with a lifetime ban from our stadium as they would have no place among our proud, diverse fan base.
If any new information comes to light, this will be fully investigated.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
It wasn’t difficult to su out he misheard , Who let the Yid out ,Huh huh de huh “ which could be interrupted by a German speaking playing with limited English to a monkey noise ......perhaps he’s looking for offence , to counteract his awful behaviour in smirking when prone on the floor .
boy I hope I get tickets for SB , to give him some

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
"We fully support Antonio Rudiger with the action that he took - however there is no evidence to..... contradict the allegation."

Oh, but you did find evidence to contradict his allegation.... you wrote it just above where you said there is no evidence.... here, I have rearranged it so you can see the evidence from your and the metropolitan police investigations...

"The Club and the Metropolitan Police have now exhausted all avenues of investigation following the reported incident at our home fixture against Chelsea on 22 December.
We carried out extensive reviews of CCTV images and footage, working with professional lip readers. All materials and reports have now also been reviewed by the police who have carried out their own investigation.
The police have notified us today that, having reviewed and investigated, they have closed the crime report as they can find no evidence to support the allegation of racial abuse".

This 👆 all contradicts the allegation...
Am I being thick.... if I am, please point out how I am being thick.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Am I being thick.... if I am, please point out how I am being thick.
cant be seen to be critical,the club fans....we`ve been judged and sentenced even when found innocent

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Massive right wing chelsea racist loving cunt

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I am sorry but the more I read of this and the more I read about Rudiger I am now of the opinion that he played the race card.

He did not mis-hear anything. There was nothing to mis-hear. I see no footage at all of him asking anybody what the crowd was singing and he has history in this area.

Racism must and should be called out but this is the boy who cried wolf for mine.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I am sorry but the more I read of this and the more I read about Rudiger I am now of the opinion that he played the race card.

He did not mis-hear anything. There was nothing to mis-hear. I see no footage at all of him asking anybody what the crowd was singing and he has history in this area.

Racism must and should be called out but this is the boy who cried wolf for mine.
Thing is, if this is true he will have no idea of the damage he could potentially cause....

He and football has no choice but to double down on this and follow it through. And I'm almost willing to type rightly so....