By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

The scum H (PL) Sunday 6th December 2020 16.30

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

Player in Training.
Don’t understand how some fans want us to go guns ho in the second half when we have a 2 goal lead and in no danger of losing.

@Havocc I'm not asking for us to go "all guns blazing". I'm just opposed to controlling the game by sitting in our 18 yard box for 45 mins.

Why not control the match in a different manner, say like, keeping the ball. Make the opposition work to get it back. Tire them out, draw them out & then exploit the space behind them. Play with more positive intent. Like I've said all my life, "the game is much more fun when you play WITH the ball". Jose likes it the other way but in fairness to him, after the Wham game, I believe it simply reinforced his belief.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Don't get me wrong. Just like you & others, I'm pleased with the result & our position in the table.
It's just the realization that once we get the lead, Mourinho has afforded me more free time to do something else in the 2nd half.
I know I will put the boot in when time comes,unless we are so trophy laden that I am gorged.I mean if this is how we played in madrid and won,who would have cared?we had the chances,possesion and lost,end of the day thats what history remembers.
I will talk about concerns when the wheels come off.Its not the day today.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

Player in Training.
I know I will put the boot in when time comes,unless we are so trophy laden that I am gorged.I mean if this is how we played in madrid and won,who would have cared?we had the chances,possesion and lost,end of the day thats what history remembers.
I will talk about concerns when the wheels come off.Its not the day today.

I get it Skiathos, but it's Arsenal.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I get it Skiathos, but it's Arsenal.
First home derby game I missed in ages,last one we lost was timmys only NLD.They scored after a few minutes and we battered them,I take no consolation in that.My hope is we will grow from a very simple tactic versus high pressing teams,We miss that midfielder to link a back 6 and the front 3,ndombele does it but cant play more than an hour,and isnt high energy enough for the PL IMO.Thats the missing piece to playing more keep ball when teams come at us,there has to be more for them to worry about than hail mary counter attacks.Then teams will back off some and keeping the ball becomes less risky. I think that west ham comeback has led to a battening down the hatches for the moment,especially as it came against a last second equaliser vs newcastle.

I hope its a process,not forever.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho, speaking to BBC Sport: "Of course we are very happy. We controlled the game by being defensively solid. Sonny and Harry, their finishing was amazing.

"In the second half they created problems, they are a very good team. I don't care about the table or where they are, they are very good. Mikel is a very good coach.

"We kept a clean sheet in the second half which was the objective. Why expose us by trying to have more of the ball?

"They are very good tactically, Mikel is clever. Granit Xhaka dropped into the back three which makes it hard for Harry Kane to press.

"We have played City, Chelsea, Arsenal - if you do three points, four points from those games it is not the end of the world, it is normal. We have taken seven points. The problem with the Premier League is that next it is Crystal Palace and there is no guarantee we win.

We were reading the game and making the changes to win it because 2-0 was in our hands against a great and difficult opponents but my boys did well today.

"I am very happy with the result and the performance but of course I want the team in the second half to play in a different way. In reality you don't always do what you want to do because your opponent forces you in a different direction.

"You are winning 2-0, why would you expose your defensive block if you don't have to? It was a very difficult game. I can imagine tomorrow the headlines will about them not being in a good position in the table but I believe with these players and Mikel it will be Arsenal v Tottenham again."

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Just finished watching it on record, as I got back late.

Yeah not pretty at all, as was largely the case against City and the Chavs but we’ve pulled out 7 points from these 3 games, that’s massively impressive.

Of course we all want to watch us play the way we played during Poch’s reign but there were 2 players that were largely responsible for making Poch’s teams tick and they were Dembele and Eriksen, what happened when Dembele left and Eriksen lost form, we were treated to lots of possession, going from side to side and back and then the back 4 playing with the ball for large parts of games between themselves. It was equally soporific. I would happily give away some of that dull possession and give it to the opposition for them to do fuck all with it and see us with the points at the end of game.

We were awful in the most part during the last 9 months of Poch’s reign, barring the odd decent half here and there and Jose in the space of a year has turned us into a proper battle hardened, defensive unit with 2 guys up front who can put the shitters up most defences and we’re top of the league. I don’t like it but i’m in, if it keeps working.

I want to win a trophy, I couldn’t care less how we go about it.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
OK we beat the scum, brilliant, always brilliant, especially for those of us who remember the 90's and naughties, the 2-0 up 5-2 down results and the like. North London is well and truly back under our command and they are an increasing irrelevance, their worst start for 45 years apparently.....We want you to stay Mikel Arteta, we want you to stay.....

I'm also not going to moan (a lot) about the second half yesterday, because as maureen said, post match, if we want to win games like this, why release the block and potentially let them back in? We all get that, and maybe we all get that in the 'top 4' match up's plus the Arsenal game ;), we can alow this type of tactic, especially when it yields 7 points from 9 against City, Chelsea and Arsenal. And have to say two absolutely fantastic goals.

But I do want to see if we can still play on the front foot and 'go at' teams, like we did early season against Newcastle and West Ham. I really hope so.

I said ultimately I just wanted to win and we did. We're top of the league, increasingly on merit as the games go by, we've learnt as a club how to defend (first time in my lifetime) and have a very healthy goal difference. So all briliant. But oit's just horrible to watch a Spurs team playing like we did in the second half. I expect the same for Liverpool away and I hope the result is the same, because Klopp will spontaneously combust and their fans will apoplectic but after that, I want Poch, Venables, Hoddle, Burkinshaw and Sir Bill's Spurs back please.

Oh one other thing, what a total cunt Jamie Redknapp is eh? First class talentless, uninformed prick, playing to the Sky agenda. Fuck very far off Jamie you miserable wanker, not surprised Louise fucked off.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
But I do want to see if we can still play on the front foot and 'go at' teams, like we did early season against Newcastle and West Ham. I really hope so.

Oh one other thing, what a total cunt Jamie Redknapp is eh? First class talentless, uninformed prick, playing to the Sky agenda. Fuck very far off Jamie you miserable wanker, not surprised Louise fucked off.
Entertainment and draws?you know where I stand,but I am just saying....

Souness as well as tHeY sAcKeD mY dAd were awful,when we trashed united and saints the pundits were all about how poor those sides were,we didnt get any credit.And now they invent a stat so gooners can say oh yeah we had 37 crosses...WTF is that 37 crosses,to strikers who have scored 3 headers in their careers,Hugo made one standard save from a header that was weak,2 efforts on goal was their total.The sky agenda against mourinho is real and same with spurs,its a perfect storm of rent free hate.Leicester was a fairytale,tottenham winning the league will be billed as the death star nightmare of evilness.And to top it all Souness was a man who played in an era when the liverpool were team allowed to backpass to a keeper who could pick the ball up,roll it out,they pass it back and he could pick it up again.And boy did they do that.The backpass rule was brought in because of cunts like them.

It was all so unfair,tottenham set out to let them tippy tappy it about a long way from goal,and then cheat by breaking quickly and scoring two top class goals.Redknapp one of our biggest disappoinments,soft as custard as a player cant stand it,because he as a player,his father, couldnt reach the same heights,at one point he bleated it was almost unfair because tottenham have better players than arsenal,I nearly swallowed my ring piece I guffawed so loud when he made that amazing point.So souness and redknapp how about this for you for next time:

Tottenham 2 Arsenal 69% that suit the agenda better?

Best analysis by a neutral I heard was troy deeney,if i find I will post it.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member

Souness as well as tHeY sAcKeD mY dAd were awful,when we trashed united and saints the pundits were all about how poor those sides were,we didnt get any credit.And now they invent a stat so gooners can say oh yeah we had 37 crosses...WTF is that 37 crosses,to strikers who have scored 3 headers in their careers,Hugo made one standard save from a header that was weak,2 efforts on goal was their total.The sky agenda against mourinho is real and same with spurs,its a perfect storm of rent free hate.Leicester was a fairytale,tottenham winning the league will be billed as the death star nightmare of evilness.And to top it all Souness was a man who played in an era when the liverpool were team allowed to backpass to a keeper who could pick the ball up,roll it out,they pass it back and he could pick it up again.And boy did they do that.The backpass rule was brought in because of cunts like them.

It was all so unfair,tottenham set out to let them tippy tappy it about a long way from goal,and then cheat by breaking quickly and scoring two top class goals.Redknapp one of our biggest disappoinments,soft as custard as a player cant stand it,because he as a player,his father, couldnt reach the same heights,at one point he bleated it was almost unfair because tottenham have better players than arsenal,I nearly swallowed my ring piece I guffawed so loud when he made that amazing point.So souness and redknapp how about this for you for next time:

Interestingly I thought Souness at the end was actually defending Tottenham and Maureen's tactics, it was the best i'd ever heard him. He was by doing so ridiculing Redknapp, whilst that isn't difficult he did a good job of highlighting, his lack of knowledge and analysis. I thought GS comment about not carrying any passengers was interesting as well. Dele might fit that category in Maureen's mind.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Jamie Redknapp “The players can’t enjoy the football they’re playing”

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
This is why its easy to call them scum

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

• Haha
Reactions: Yid
spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Ahhh, just now coming down from the glow. Yes, the tactics meant that it wasn't as much fun to experience as, say, Kane's brace in 2015 or the Dele-Harry show in 2017, but I didn't give a fuck whilst it was happening!

Poch gave us what I consider to be some of my all-time highlights as a yid, but let's admit there are different ways to skin a cat, and this cat was flayed.

And feeling confident whilst they huffed and puffed in the second half feels new to me. Can anybody here say they weren't still sweating it when we were 5-2 up against Chelsea back in 2014? This ain't the same kind of fun, but gawdammit, it's still fun.

Good to see some fans back in the stands, too. We're still in semi-lockdown here in Canada, so we opened the Guelph/Trini Spurs Supporters Club (me and one other bloke) outdoor viewing lounge in solidarity with those lucky enough to be granted the privilege of freezing their asses off at WHL. Snow, beer, and some cold electonics!

Attachments

• 1607351586320.jpeg
    1607351586320.jpeg
    552.1 KB · Views: 17
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Ahhh, just now coming down from the glow. Yes, the tactics meant that it wasn't as much fun to experience as, say, Kane's brace in 2015 or the Dele-Harry show in 2017, but I didn't give a fuck whilst it was happening!

Poch gave us what I consider to be some of my all-time highlights as a yid, but let's admit there are different ways to skin a cat, and this cat was flayed.

And feeling confident whilst they huffed and puffed in the second half feels new to me. Can anybody here say they weren't still sweating it when we were 5-2 up against Chelsea back in 2014? This ain't the same kind of fun, but gawdammit, it's still fun.

Good to see some fans back in the stands, too. We're still in semi-lockdown here in Canada, so we opened the Guelph/Trini Spurs Supporters Club (me and one other bloke) outdoor viewing lounge in solidarity with those lucky enough to be granted the privilege of freezing their asses off at WHL. Snow, beer, and some cold electonics!
We have just been told we will stay in lockdown until jan 7th (at least),its already been 4½ weeks,so if anyone expects me to be unhappy at spurs playing chess rather than supermario kart,sorry I will take any joy I can.

If our plan is so simplistic as so many pundits are saying,why havent chelsea,city or arsenal worked it out??The only one who showed any sort of understanding was Lampard,but he scarificed taking us on full throttle at home to not be beat.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
That Partey guy is .........errrrrrrr not very committed??

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid

Yep, we got accused of bottling it when Leicester won the trophy. Got accused of bottling it against Liverpool in the CL Final. Got accused of being too soft and lacking pragmatism. Got accused of not being able to close out against the good teams. And now, despite my loathing of Mourinho we are doing the things that the media have crucified us for not doing in the past...and we get crucified for that.

Troy Deeney is a terrific pundit. I love listening to him on Talksport. He's a proper football man who understands the modern game.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Yep, we got accused of bottling it when Leicester won the trophy. Got accused of bottling it against Liverpool in the CL Final. Got accused of being too soft and lacking pragmatism. Got accused of not being able to close out against the good teams. And now, despite my loathing of Mourinho we are doing the things that the media have crucified us for not doing in the past...and we get crucified for that.

Troy Deeney is a terrific pundit. I love listening to him on Talksport. He's a proper football man who understands the modern game.
I don't care what we have been accused of or what anyone else says or thinks, never have, never will. The media can go fuck themselves with something uncomfortable. Who cares what anybody thinks about anything, I don't care what you think or say, I don't care what he thinks, I don't care what those cunts over there think and I especially don't care what the rest of the fucking world thinks because they are all cunts and might not even exist if I am actually god having a nightmare and when I wake up Brexit will never have happened, Spurs will never have played boring, tactical football and Ledley King would have ben England captain for 30 years and now be Lord Ledley of Tottenham - none of which would exist of course because I would be floating around in heaven bossing the universe around and that universe would not include cunts like human beans!

I don't give a flying fuck about results, I love the 'beautiful game', I have for most of my life looked forward to the next Spurs game, now I find myself thinking that it is going to be the same boring, tactical shite and I have actually not bothered watching two games this season, that has never happened in the past 20 years. Even when I lived in the fucking jungle in Thailand I wold get on my 'bad motor scooter and ride' like those Montrose geezers, and go to a bar that would let me watch the game in the middle of the night, I started to get umpty when AVB was in charge, now it's Mourinho, a bloke I dislike employing tactics that make me want to do the bad things. I would rather lose magnificently than win like this. Sport for me is about the game not the result. Mourinho-ball to me is like boxing without the punching, non-contact rugby, mountain climbing the North face of the Uxbridge Road, Formula One racing under he Highway Code rules and speed limits.

Almost everybody here (in the forum time forgot) moaned like fuck about the dreadful chavs when they won the Champions League, remember? 'Fuck those chavs, they are boring as fuck, I wouldn't want to win like that, imagine having to watch that bollox every week....', now we are becoming them and it seems that is OK with some folks. A trophy won with this sort of football for me would be like the medals that wanker who is going to be the next King of Ingerlund wears.

“It’s no use just winning, we’ve got to win well.”

“We must always consider our supporters, for without them there would be no professional football. It would be better to have more fans watching football the way they like it played, rather than have a few fans watching football the way we would like it played.”

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Beautiful goal from the bus wankers

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Maaaaate a chant for bus wankers would be absolute gold.....

If we had supporters.....

Ah, fuck it.....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The kind of pettiness I aspire to