By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Things that need thinking about ?

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
People in the know go on about English prem teams needs a break each season , and some suggest doing it after the Xmas games.
What I want to know is , why does the season start July/ Aug ???? Why not start it in Jan , play thru till May, then start again In July, this means they get a massive break, half way thru the season, and therefore will win world cups and the like ( TIC)
Why does a school year also not start in January.......who decided that the start of the football season, should also be the start of the school year ?
If July Aug should be the start of important STARTS , why is tax years starting in May, and Not August, or even 1st Jan

Do Young Boys football club, have a women’s team and if they do, , are they,called Young Boys women’s football team and do they al have to be young transgenders or is it just women, who play for a Boys team

And final,y whilst watching a lot of young girls acedemy football, ,as I do as Callum reffeees many games, why do they always shout “Man on” , that’s just plain weird., when Callum is normally the only man there
And in an acedemy team, at least 60% on all players I see seem to be black, or mixed race, and yet less than 5% of girls football players are black or mixed race., don’t the girls like football

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
And why do men have nipples?? always bothered me that .....

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Well the school year starts after harvest that's why we get the 6 weeks, not for a rest but to help in the fields! I'm guessing football started in September traditionally as it was the end of the cricket season? I take your point though and not a bad idea.