By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Toby Alderweireld

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
What better defender could we have signed? Get Jan signed and Bacon boy fucked off out the door ASAP and it'll be a great window.

Money we have effectively saved by resigning him and not having to spunk 50+ mill on a equitable replacement, needs to be reinvested in one of the 2 midfield positions.

I say we thrash the Chavs and sign Kante.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
What better defender could we have signed? Get Jan signed and Bacon boy fucked off out the door ASAP and it'll be a great window.

Money we have effectively saved by resigning him and not having to spunk 50+ mill on a equitable replacement, needs to be reinvested in one of the 2 midfield positions.

I say we thrash the Chavs and sign Kante.
I like your thinking. But I’m hoping Maureen can coach all of Skipp, Winks, Sissoko, N’Dombele and Dier into great players so that we can buy a right back and Streaky replacement.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I like your thinking. But I’m hoping Maureen can coach all of Skipp, Winks, Sissoko, N’Dombele and Dier into great players so that we can buy a right back and Streaky replacement.

Sissoko is already a great player.

Leave Sissoko alone. All of you.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Apparently Toby has "asked to leave" this summer.

I'll be gutted if he does end up going. Him and Jan at the back were arguably one of the best CB partnerships we've ever had.
It's sad if true, but I was kind of expecting it. He's still far from finished, but time catches up...

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Would love to have him around to mentor the new crop, but he's probably not ready to settle for that yet.

Best one-on-one defender we've had since Ledley, by my reckoning.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
And already the rumours have started that dear leader "wants £25m" for him which is fucking ridiculous. Yes, for his quality at his prime, i'd expect at least that and probably 15-20m on top but he's 32 and approaching the end of his career.

I'd release him on a free as a thankyou for his time with us. No club is going to fork out £25m on a player with no sell-on value.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Interestingly, Alasdair Gold has revealed that Toby actually asked to leave a while ago.

Apparently he made it clear that it wouldn't matter who replaced The Cunt, he still wanted to go.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
And already the rumours have started that dear leader "wants £25m" for him which is fucking ridiculous. Yes, for his quality at his prime, i'd expect at least that and probably 15-20m on top but he's 32 and approaching the end of his career.

I'd release him on a free as a thankyou for his time with us. No club is going to fork out £25m on a player with no sell-on value.

Yep, any transfer fee we get would be a bonus.

Realistically he's worth maybe 8-10m at his age.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Another great, great player gone. If we got 13m gbp for him it is tough to be upset about it.
Only good memories of him for me.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
1627389237786.png

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Sad to see him go. I guess it’s a good deal for both parties but it seems to me he’s exactly the kind of experienced character you’d want to have as part of a rebuild.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Sad to see him go. I guess it’s a good deal for both parties but it seems to me he’s exactly the kind of experienced character you’d want to have as part of a rebuild.
100% agreed. With a player like Joe Rodon available, Toby would have been the ideal partner to steer him along and help him learn.

Genuinely sad to see him move on.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Jan and Toby were the best CB partnership in the premier league for 2-3 seasons. Possibly the best we have ever seen in modern times.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Jan and Toby were the best CB partnership in the premier league for 2-3 seasons. Possibly the best we have ever seen in modern times.
I believe I posted a picture of the best partnership yesterday. I agree Jan and Toby were very good, but second best.