By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Top 6

boo

boo

Founding Member
Liverpool
P5 W3 D2 L0 PTS 11 GD +3
5 to play - 3 home games, 2 away games

Chelsea
P6 W3 D0 L3 PTS 9 GD +1 - edited, 6 played not 5
4 to play - 2 home games, 2 away games

Tottenham Hotspur
P6 W2 D2 L2 PTS 8 GD +2

Manchester City
P5 W2 D0 L3 PTS 6 GD -3

Arsenal
P5 W1 D2 L2 PTS 5 GD +1
5 to play - 2 home games, 3 away games

Manchester United
P5 W1 D2 L2 PTS 5 GD -4

Sunday 15th January 2017
Manchester United V Liverpool

Saturday 21st January 2017
Manchester City V Tottenham Hotspur

Tuesday 31st January 2017
Liverpool V Chelsea

Saturday 4th February 2017
Chelsea V Arsenal

Saturday 11th February 2017
Liverpool V Tottenham Hotspur

Sunday 26th February 2017
Manchester City V Manchester United

Saturday 4th March 2017
Liverpool V Arsenal

Saturday 18th March 2017
Manchester City V Liverpool

Saturday 1st April 2017
Arsenal V Manchester City

Wednesday 5th April 2017
Chelsea V Manchester City

Saturday 15th April 2017
Manchester United V Chelsea

Saturday 29th April 2017
Tottenham Hotspur V Arsenal

Saturday 6th May 2017
Arsenal V Manchester United

Saturday 13th May 2017
Tottenham Hotspur V Manchester United

Last edited:
boo

boo

Founding Member
pl_zpswggkpmdm.png

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Liverpool
P5 W3 D2 L0 PTS 11 GD +3

Chelsea
P5 W3 D0 L3 PTS 9 GD +1

Tottenham Hotspur
P6 W2 D2 L2 PTS 8 GD +2

Manchester City
P5 W2 D0 L3 PTS 6 GD -3

Arsenal
P5 W1 D2 L2 PTS 5 GD +1

Manchester United
P5 W1 D2 L2 PTS 5 GD -4

Sunday 15th January 2017
Manchester United V Liverpool

Manchester City V Tottenham Hotspur

Liverpool V Chelsea

Chelsea V Arsenal

Saturday 4th March 2017
Liverpool V Arsenal

Saturday 18th March 2017

Saturday 1st April 2017

Wednesday 5th April 2017

Saturday 15th April 2017

Saturday 29th April 2017

Saturday 6th May 2017

Saturday 13th May 2017
Our games are reasonably nicely spaced out, I think City might struggle in Pep's first year and I hope the other one is Arsenal. Chelsea are pretty much sorted for top 4 I would guess, but you never know. Them and Liverpool not having European football is a big help.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Chelsea aside, everyone has an extra game in the mini top 6 league, which means at least 2 teams will drop points.

Once we get the bin dippers out of the way, it's a nice run of games until the Arsenal game, so we can really up the pressure in the others.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I can see Liverpool slowing down with the loss of mane for the African nations. Chelsea look OK but have watched a few games recently and they don't look brilliant by any stretch. Man United are picking up the pace a bit which is annoying, and ibra is finding space now, but we have now got everyone fit and the formation against Chelsea will battle against anyone. Alli has his top form, Kane looks back to full fitness and how are anyone going to score against us with Toby, vert,dier, dembele and wanyama standing in front of them.

Arsenal as usual I have no idea how they are in amongst it bit hopefully they will start to slip a bit.

I reckon we'll end up in the mixer around May and could even win it dare I say!!

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
It funny how far apart the top 6 clubs are from the rest of the teams in the league. Remind me of the Scottish league with all the teams falling behind.

With all the teams in the top 6 playing at least 1 game against each other for the next few weeks leads to an exciting time period.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Liverpool and united both have two legged semi-finals in the EFL cup and possibly would play each other in the final if they progress,could be a nice little hiccup factor for us?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
SAM (Sports Analytics Machine),has calculated the final Premier League table!
C14Gf7JXgAABOi7.jpg

Cant be right,arsenal not in 4th?
Personally not dissecting this too much,but I feel liverpool will fall away,from what we have seen their squad is pretty empty with quality to step in,the 4 cup games this month will almost certainly lead to Bielsa burnout come april,and they seem to be quite injury prone.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
C14Gf7JXgAABOi7.jpg

Personally not dissecting this too much,but I feel liverpool will fall away,from what we have seen their squad is pretty empty with quality to step in,the 4 cup games this month will almost certainly lead to Bielsa burnout come april,and they seem to be quite injury prone.

These so-called scientific predictions are just Mystic Meg bollox mate, the grandly name CIES Football Observatory say Chavs, Dippers, City, Scum, Spurs, Manure - anybody can predict which teams will probably make up the top 6, nobody can predict which team will fall to bits due to injury - except that Dutch wanker who talks bollox about training methods and stuff - one bad game can fuck a team's head to teensy pieces, like us against the toon last year, I wonder how many of these clever prediction models predicted that?

The great thing about Football is it is unpredictable - unless of course you are that septic twunt who can predict everything with 'data models', yeah fuck them data model blokes, they are bollicks the are. You can calculate a probability, but that ain't a prediction, there are way too many variables in football - thank fuck. If football was predictable there would be no need to play any games, you could just press a button on a computer and crown the Premier League champs.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
C14Gf7JXgAABOi7.jpg

It will be interesting to see how close this is at the end of the season, @Dorset does your sausage machine/Goalometer do the same thing? Might be interesting 'just for fun' to see how they compare and who wins come May?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
It will be interesting to see how close this is at the end of the season, @Dorset does your sausage machine/Goalometer do the same thing? Might be interesting 'just for fun' to see how they compare and who wins come May?
Nah mate, that way lies madness! The Sausage Machine came about from a probability calculator that gave updated odds throughout games, obviously as a game progresses every event or non-event in a game will change the result probability, minute by minute, so if you are not a gambling type and have a large amount of wedge for when long runs of improbable things happen then you can make money laying bets. I AM a gambling type so don't have the self-discipline needed to do this and the gentlemen I provided this service too are 'unavailable' for a few years, so I turned the high level data and stuff into a website, also I needed a test site for a client that wanted a site built from a database in Bootstrap and it got a bit bigger than I planned! I might one day offer the in-match probability thingy, but it is not much cop without the updated minute by minute ratings because the bookies provide almost exactly the same pre-game probability calculations as I would - and you don't have to pay them! The logistics of this would be a pain and I don't know that I can be arsed with it at the moment, the stress would probably do me in.

Predicting the outcome of a single game is farking tough, the runs of improbable results happen at an improbably high rate, trying to predict the results of a season would be stark raving bonkers, futile as fuck, like resistance, that is futile as well. Maybe if we had an Infinite Improbability Drive we could fire it up and get the right answer - 42?

There are some inserting data that one day I will start publishing, the numpty in the other place would be interested to hear just how wrong the bookies are, I know exactly how wrong and it is very wrong, but they have a thingy called their over-round which makes sure they win, however wrong their predictions are, they just have to get enough people to back both sides of an outcome at the right odds.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Nah mate, that way lies madness! The Sausage Machine came about from a probability calculator that gave updated odds throughout games, obviously as a game progresses every event or non-event in a game will change the result probability, minute by minute, so if you are not a gambling type and have a large amount of wedge for when long runs of improbable things happen then you can make money laying bets. I AM a gambling type so don't have the self-discipline needed to do this and the gentlemen I provided this service too are 'unavailable' for a few years, so I turned the high level data and stuff into a website, also I needed a test site for a client that wanted a site built from a database in Bootstrap and it got a bit bigger than I planned! I might one day offer the in-match probability thingy, but it is not much cop without the updated minute by minute ratings because the bookies provide almost exactly the same pre-game probability calculations as I would - and you don't have to pay them! The logistics of this would be a pain and I don't know that I can be arsed with it at the moment, the stress would probably do me in.

Predicting the outcome of a single game is farking tough, the runs of improbable results happen at an improbably high rate, trying to predict the results of a season would be stark raving bonkers, futile as fuck, like resistance, that is futile as well. Maybe if we had an Infinite Improbability Drive we could fire it up and get the right answer - 42?

There are some inserting data that one day I will start publishing, the numpty in the other place would be interested to hear just how wrong the bookies are, I know exactly how wrong and it is very wrong, but they have a thingy called their over-round which makes sure they win, however wrong their predictions are, they just have to get enough people to back both sides of an outcome at the right odds.
Another thing that I find fascinating, thanks, excellent read.

ps I'll have half a crown on Spurs to win 4-2 then.....and I'll pay the tax. Jeff Astle to score for West Brom and Big Chiv to get two for Spurs.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Another thing that I find fascinating, thanks, excellent read.

ps I'll have half a crown on Spurs to win 4-2 then.....and I'll pay the tax. Jeff Astle to score for West Brom and Big Chiv to get two for Spurs.
You can pay me the tax! A mystery move from the fucking feds, they scrapped betting tax and put tax on insurance premiums! So, if you do the right thing and make sure your house is insured so you won't have to sponge off the state you have to pay tax but if you splurge your wedge on gambling then yahoo, no tax!

Back in the olden days I went back up north with Mrs D, the landlord of the local pub used to run an illegal book, I asked if could have a tenner on a horse and could I pay the tax - the whole pub burst into laughter, they don't do tax at all up in the wilds of the North East where herself comes from, they thought it was hilarious that a a soft southerner would pay tax. I also remember getting so drunk that day that I tried to buy a racing greyhound, luckily Mrs D stepped in and blocked that purchase!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
You can pay me the tax! A mystery move from the fucking feds, they scrapped betting tax and put tax on insurance premiums! So, if you do the right thing and make sure your house is insured so you won't have to sponge off the state you have to pay tax but if you splurge your wedge on gambling then yahoo, no tax!

Back in the olden days I went back up north with Mrs D, the landlord of the local pub used to run an illegal book, I asked if could have a tenner on a horse and could I pay the tax - the whole pub burst into laughter, they don't do tax at all up in the wilds of the North East where herself comes from, they thought it was hilarious that a a soft southerner would pay tax. I also remember getting so drunk that day that I tried to buy a racing greyhound, luckily Mrs D stepped in and blocked that purchase!
You have much to thank Mrs D for....not just packed lunches!

boo

boo

Founding Member
update... stalemate in the two 'top six' games so far, Spurs up to second, arse drop to the bottom. Spurs have just three more 'top six' games, the least amount remaining from the group. Arse have five more to play.

Liverpool
P5 W3 D3 L0 PTS 12 GD +3
4 to play - 3 home games, 1 away games

Tottenham Hotspur
P6 W2 D2 L2 PTS 9 GD +2
3 to play - 2 home games, 1 away games

Chelsea
P6 W3 D0 L3 PTS 9 GD +1 - edited, 6 played not 5

Manchester City
P5 W2 D1 L3 PTS 7 GD -3

Manchester United
P5 W1 D3 L2 PTS 6 GD -4
4 to play - 1 home games, 3 away games

Arsenal
P5 W1 D2 L2 PTS 5 GD +1

Sunday 15th January 2017
Manchester United 1-1 Liverpool

Manchester City 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur

Liverpool V Chelsea

Chelsea V Arsenal

Saturday 4th March 2017
Liverpool V Arsenal

Saturday 18th March 2017

Saturday 1st April 2017

Wednesday 5th April 2017

Saturday 15th April 2017

Saturday 29th April 2017

Saturday 6th May 2017

Saturday 13th May 2017

boo

boo

Founding Member
update... stalemate, again, in a 'top six' game. The Chavs up to second, arse still bottom. Spurs, dippers and the chavs have three more 'top six' games, the least amount remaining from the group. Arse have five more to play.

Liverpool
P5 W3 D4 L0 PTS 13 GD +3
3 to play - 2 home games, 1 away game

Chelsea
P6 W3 D1 L3 PTS 10 GD +1

Tottenham Hotspur
P6 W2 D2 L2 PTS 9 GD +2

Manchester City
P5 W2 D1 L3 PTS 7 GD -3

Manchester United
P5 W1 D3 L2 PTS 6 GD -4
4 to play - 1 home games, 3 away games

Arsenal
P5 W1 D2 L2 PTS 5 GD +1

Sunday 15th January 2017
Manchester United 1-1 Liverpool

Manchester City 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur

Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea

Chelsea V Arsenal

Saturday 4th March 2017
Liverpool V Arsenal

Saturday 18th March 2017

Saturday 1st April 2017

Wednesday 5th April 2017

Saturday 15th April 2017

Saturday 29th April 2017

Saturday 6th May 2017

Saturday 13th May 2017

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
all change in the predictions...

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-01%20at%2019.46.00.png
wonder what 2 games we are going to lose?liverpool away is most likely for a computer model?so if we win that game we win the league,simple!!:)