By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Top Priority

what signing should we make priority

• Total voters
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Taking it as we are not selling any current important players,what signing do you think we need to make for which area in the team??

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I've gone with other simply because I'm not sure what's more important pacey winger/creative midfield competition. As I see them as relatively similar in our formation, plus I'm not sure who the fuck we're gonna get to improve our team in those positions. I'd quite like to see a summer of Lemar, Silva, and someone like Mawson as a young cb option.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I've gone with other simply because I'm not sure what's more important pacey winger/creative midfield competition. As I see them as relatively similar in our formation, plus I'm not sure who the fuck we're gonna get to improve our team in those positions. I'd quite like to see a summer of Lemar, Silva, and someone like Mawson as a young cb option.
There`s lots of gnashing of teeth over no signings,and TBH I also like you I dont have clue who we can get realistically to improve the team,squad yes,but 1st team with fee&wages??So I went cover/competition for creative MF,full backs we have plenty,goalies too,defensive midfielders with dier as spare to dembele wanyama,that left the areas I polled; another quality CB,which we have 3,and then wimmer/CCV,pacy winger I like myself but Poch obviously doesnt in his system and cover for Kane,which household name exactly will come and play 2nd fiddle to Harry in a mostly one up front system??cos I dont see an obvious signing there.
So a Barkley,or Zaha,lemar not to replace son,eriksen,dele but add depth,cos Son or Dele may be the cover for Kane?

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Just heard that Cavani has been seen at West Ham's training ground.......now that could be a good singing

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Just heard that Cavani has been seen at West Ham's training ground.......now that could be a good singing

Sorry I mis heard,
it was actually a " Caravan" was seen at West Ham's training ground

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
There`s lots of gnashing of teeth over no signings,and TBH I also like you I dont have clue who we can get realistically to improve the team,squad yes,but 1st team with fee&wages??So I went cover/competition for creative MF,full backs we have plenty,goalies too,defensive midfielders with dier as spare to dembele wanyama,that left the areas I polled; another quality CB,which we have 3,and then wimmer/CCV,pacy winger I like myself but Poch obviously doesnt in his system and cover for Kane,which household name exactly will come and play 2nd fiddle to Harry in a mostly one up front system??cos I dont see an obvious signing there.
So a Barkley,or Zaha,lemar not to replace son,eriksen,dele but add depth,cos Son or Dele may be the cover for Kane?
That's pretty much my thinking. Players who are definitely going to improve the bench and with a bit of work potentially pushing our regular starters. Son seems to be the player people think we can easily improve on and whilst he can be a bit erratic I think it'll take a very good player on good form to knock him out the team all the time.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
That's pretty much my thinking. Players who are definitely going to improve the bench and with a bit of work potentially pushing our regular starters. Son seems to be the player people think we can easily improve on and whilst he can be a bit erratic I think it'll take a very good player on good form to knock him out the team all the time.
Wow poor bloke only got 20 goals last season,yeah he cocks up some one on ones when he has time,but I reckon he is just hitting his stride.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I don't think we need to be looking at 'squad players. We need to be looking at players who are going to force their way into the first team. We don't want anyone to believe they are comfortable and are prepared to fight for their place in the first team squad.

While I appreciate what we have I don't think we should be content with standing still. The only way we are going to improve is to adapt to the pressure we are now under to do even better than 2nd place...

I want to see players come in who push Kane Delle Ericsson Toby every time they get a chance. I want to have a problem every weekend predicting what players are going to start because we have 20 genuine first team players all vying for a starting place.

For me we should look at exciting youngsters on the whole unless some Augero level players are willing to come and work for something bigger than a pay cheque.

The I have no idea who the new big things are... dunno who Lacazette is or Aubagyanan or whatever the fuck he is called are...!!!

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Wow poor bloke only got 20 goals last season,yeah he cocks up some one on ones when he has time,but I reckon he is just hitting his stride.
I think he's top quality mate, loved him in Germany and was chuffed we signed. Injury hampered first season but like you say he's hitting his stride now.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I went with additional centre back. It seems on last seasons selections Wimmer for one reason or another isn't in the poch plan and it meant fucking with formations rather than simple swaps a few times. If we have a reliable player who can slot in for injury, tiredness, build up of fixtures or just general rotation it's better than messing with a formation to avoid using Wimmer, who I might add I actually like on the field.

I still want Joshua King to join us aswell though for cover upfront and rotation through the attacking 3.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
I think a lot of ppl really don't appreciate how unique a player like Sonny is. He is such a threat because of his ability to take players both ways and get powerful shots on frame with both feet from distance and tight angles. He's really tenacious as well when we our out of possession. I think he can pick it up another level as well as the other guys improve. It would be great if Lamela could come back and contribute or if one of the other guys could step up because our first choice front four is really awesome, unbelievably good compared to what we had in those horror years.

C

corroded

Player in Training.

I think Son is the player we could if looked at basically the entire team and said, 'who is weakest in their position' it'd probably... probably.... be Son. Maybe Walker, but with Trippier, I feel we already have a quality, if not potentially more suited replacement?

Now don't get me wrong, I also think Son is under appreciated, and I really, really rate him. He's come on leaps and bounds this year. But if we are to be realistic, we aren't finding really better than what we have, that we can afford in almost every single position out there. Are we replacing Kane, Eriksen or Alli? Alderweireld or Vertoghen? Rose? Dembele? Wanyama? Lloris?

For the record, I think we could still sign someone like Son, if we went mad and signed an actual superstar for example... not that we would, say, Bale. Both would switch sides, and move around. That's a key component in our attack anyway, flexible creative midfielders. I think I guess I'm saying sometimes we just need another attacking mid with quality in our fold.

I'd like to see a back up striker, to push Janssen, a backup ten for the first trio, and a backup centre back. May need a pacy right back, but we might promote Walker-Peters... and maybe our backup ten is Edwards? I'm not sure. I think we should buy clever like always, unless we can get a stonking deal on someone with proven quality. I'd also try a cheeky bid for Barkley, as I think his stock is low, and Poch can get the best out of him.

I'd quite like to see Hernandez as our backup striker.

With regards to Lacazette... we'll see how that one goes, I think he's decent but Arsenal fans expecting a twenty goal season is quite the expectations. For the record, of his 28 goals last term, 36% of them were penalties. It's a pretty decent stat pad

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
With regards to Lacazette... we'll see how that one goes, I think he's decent but Arsenal fans expecting a twenty goal season is quite the expectations. For the record, of his 28 goals last term, 36% of them were penalties. It's a pretty decent stat pad
Kept out the national side by Giroud :p:p
Signings you never know who will work inspite of price tags or maybe the weight of them hinders some players.I am happy if wenger replaces giroud/sanchez and leaves monreal,mertesacker,gabriel,gibbs,ramsey,coquelin alone to keep playing!!

Here`s Benny rinsing him :D
eJjpMjBgKim

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I think we need a pacy black winger from the French league......fucking obvious innit.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I suppose top priority now becomes getting a good Kyle walker replacement. Trippier is good but we need two good players there. I'm hoping now the walker deal is out the way we'll get a move on with our dealings.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I suppose top priority now becomes getting a good Kyle walker replacement. Trippier is good but we need two good players there. I'm hoping now the walker deal is out the way we'll get a move on with our dealings.
We're good for a full back in Trippier, Poch might want more of a Wing back...?

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Ricardo Perreira is being mooted as a fit for us £22m, a player who originally was a right winger at Porto that now plays RB / RWB for a French club on loan. Allegedly Pep of Citah was interested but wanted a player that would be adapted to the PL so prioritised Walker.

So basically, he is a pacey winger from the French league who can play as cover for our first choice RB Trippier, since Trippier usurped the best RB in the PL last year (Walker) who happened to be a very good player for us but in honesty was not as good as Rose, Vertonghan and for sure Alderweireld in our defence who we apparently got a world record fee for a defender which turned out to be the best RB in PL but ended up being the 2nd best RB at Spurs o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

What the fucking fuck!!!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Yeah it's bonkers init.

Everyone knew Walker was a bit shit defensively but his pace dug him out of holes A LOT and therefore he performed very well A LOT.

When Trips popped up and actually defended better.... added more end product and ammo for the strikers we all thought.... "but only if he had Walkers pace". He didn't need it the more we watched him the more we realised we didn't need that pace anywhere near as much as we though we did because Trips was A LOT better than we all actually thought.

I'd say we need to look at a youngster to coach into Trips and Rose's replacement, but not spending cray cray cash.

I'd like to get Josh king or (now my whistle has been wetted) I love Nachos from Citeh. If you think about it Aguero and Jesus are first choice so the kid needs games and we can offer him a much better chance of getting them. Vinny needs to work to keep a sharp hungry kid out the side as does Harry... perfect in my eyes.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
We need a pacy Wing back now on the right as well as the left....ideally black and will have played in France.....

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Yeah it sounds like we're interested in Ricardo Perrera or Serge Aurier either sound like they'd be a good addition. I'd like us to use the spare cash on Kovscic from Real Madrid if he's available too.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Get Mbappe.....sell Sissoko and we're done.

I may have mentioned this before

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
We need to purchase a Scottish chap. I once heard that we have never won a trophy without a Scotsman.

D

Dustin

Player in Training.

I see Trippier as a true "Wing-back" already. His build and aggressive crossing is perfect for playing out wide ahead of the back 3. 20 years ago, Trippier would have not even been considered as full back material and instead been considered traditional winger.

The question of how bad we need cover for Trippier is now primarily determined by if we get cover for Dier in CB. If we do, we can get away without another RB/RWB as we would feasibly have Trippier and KWP that can play a RWB and Dier who can play RB. Those three are good enough options that we don't have to force a buy, but take Dier away (as he currently is due to us not signing a top CB) and I agree, we are thin at the RWB/RB position.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I see Trippier as a true "Wing-back" already. His build and aggressive crossing is perfect for playing out wide ahead of the back 3. 20 years ago, Trippier would have not even been considered as full back material and instead been considered traditional winger.

The question of how bad we need cover for Trippier is now primarily determined by if we get cover for Dier in CB. If we do, we can get away without another RB/RWB as we would feasibly have Trippier and KWP that can play a RWB and Dier who can play RB. Those three are good enough options that we don't have to force a buy, but take Dier away (as he currently is due to us not signing a top CB) and I agree, we are thin at the RWB/RB position.
People see the role merely as speed merchants,maybe because rose and walker?once this role develops it will become more about being positionally savvy,like a great CB,fine having pace when you have misread a situation,but altogether better to not got into a mess that needs merely pace to get back into some sort of a position.
Kyle had a few very good seasons,not alot of goals,not many assists,not so good defending headers at the far post and first time balls whipped in almost never.Yes he was fast but tbh trippier and dier whip in better crosses from deeper positions.
As for cover its too early for the youngsters to be pitched in next season in PL/CL,so I`d expect a signing,is there a fast right-sided CB out there that could fill two roles as cover?doubt it but that would be perfect this season.

BigDub

BigDub

Founding Member
Definitely need a RB now to compete with Trips. Know nothing about this Pereira fella.

Is it true that Barkley was left behind on Everton's preseason tour? Think he could really develop with a bit of coaching up from Poch. Not sure how popular of an opinion that is...

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
New contract for Toby!

If its Pereira, Foyth, Pau and Barkley i would say amother winger and that would be ok window

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Kane back up, Kane cover, call it what you like. I know we have other goal scorers in the side but they aren't forwards as such. We really should have another proven goal scorer seeing as we're a club that is supposedly challenging. Our last 2 attempts at buying a striker have been massive let downs so I'd prefer someone proven who can challenge as well as support Harry.

Aguero? :rolleyes:

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Kane back up, Kane cover, call it what you like. I know we have other goal scorers in the side but they aren't forwards as such. We really should have another proven goal scorer seeing as we're a club that is supposedly challenging. Our last 2 attempts at buying a striker have been massive let downs so I'd prefer someone proven who can challenge as well as support Harry.

Aguero? :rolleyes:
Not only was Kane the Golden Bootist, we had the highest 2nd and 3rd scorers in the PL last year with Ali and Son, 32 goals between them, most other clubs were nowhere near that. Dele was 6th top in the PL with 18 ,just 2 short of City's top bloke Ageuro, 5 better than the Dippers joint top scorers, 1 better than Zlatan, United's top scorer - so I think we could say he was a striker even if we don't call him a forward.

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
Definitely need a RB now to compete with Trips. Know nothing about this Pereira fella.

Is it true that Barkley was left behind on Everton's preseason tour? Think he could really develop with a bit of coaching up from Poch. Not sure how popular of an opinion that is...
Well I for one would love Barkley and think he would be a great fit.. Wouldn't cost a bomb due to contract, young, bags of potential, would do well under Poch, good enough to push for a starting spot and most importantly already has a solid amount of prem experience and so should hit the ground running. Won't be mega cheap in the current market but considering his contract and Everton pretty much already replacing him he could be a gem of a buy at a reasonable price. Barkley or a player of similarity would be my second priority transfer but an essential one imo.

Btw, as for your Q, Barkley was left behind but supposedly due to a minor injury. Well so the media say anyway, who knows.

Top priority is to decide whether to stick with what we have for RB (Trips, Walker-Peters and Dier as emergency) and bring in another CB to free up Dier. Or bring someone else in as RB cover and loan out Walker-Peters. I don't have a preference just want the club to decide asap so we don't faff and leave it too late or end up scrapping for someone on deadline day and paying over the odds in sissoko-esque style.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Well I for one would love Barkley and think he would be a great fit.. Wouldn't cost a bomb due to contract, young, bags of potential, would do well under Poch, good enough to push for a starting spot and most importantly already has a solid amount of prem experience and so should hit the ground running. Won't be mega cheap in the current market but considering his contract and Everton pretty much already replacing him he could be a gem of a buy at a reasonable price. Barkley or a player of similarity would be my second priority transfer but an essential one imo.

Btw, as for your Q, Barkley was left behind but supposedly due to a minor injury. Well so the media say anyway, who knows.

Top priority is to decide whether to stick with what we have for RB (Trips, Walker-Peters and Dier as emergency) and bring in another CB to free up Dier. Or bring someone else in as RB cover and loan out Walker-Peters. I don't have a preference just want the club to decide asap so we don't faff and leave it too late or end up scrapping for someone on deadline day and paying over the odds in sissoko-esque style.
I think Barklay would be a really good signing, and a move where could prove his doubters wrong. Think Poch will get another right back too, don't know who but he'll surely want someone.