By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Tour de France

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Don't know how many are interested in this, I'm not even a cyclist but I love it and admire those that ride this 3 week race clean, which is now the vast majority.

Talking of which Chris Froome has had his case dropped this morning for an asthma treatment drug abuse. That's going to make all those who called him a cheat look a bit silly. he now holds the Tour of Spain, (La Vuelta) Tour of Italy (Giro d'Italia) and Tour de France titles. That's the Grand Slam of cycling and makes him a true legend in the sport.

I wonder why he hasn't been knighted, Wiggins was and despite Olympic medals, didn't reach Froome's achievements on the road. Anyway, good luck Chris and team SKY, let's beat up the French again, they can't handle it and fucking hate it. Ha ha

Tour de France starts Saturday, Geraint Thomas is also a strong contender.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
As an Aussie I am really hoping Richie Porte makes a statement this year and wins it. He's a class rider and outstanding climber who has his issues descending (last year's crash was truly horrific). He's good enough to win it but Froome is a freak so it is no easy task.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
As an Aussie I am really hoping Richie Porte makes a statement this year and wins it. He's a class rider and outstanding climber who has his issues descending (last year's crash was truly horrific). He's good enough to win it but Froome is a freak so it is no easy task.
He is, I like Porte and saw his crash in real time, horrendous. he's also a mate and ex team member of Froome's. I think SKY with Geraint Thomas and their climbers will be too strong, but you never know, there's about 6 who could win, but someone is going to need to spring a surprise somewhere, like Froome did in the Giro to upset the odds I think.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Ill grow into it... as i do every year...

Great summer of sport, especially as the jock has bottled Wimbledon...!!!

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
I like the Tour de France but generally I see cyclists as utter cunts. Had to shout at one today in fact, like most days. :D

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I like the Tour de France but generally I see cyclists as utter cunts. Had to shout at one today in fact, like most days. :D
Toure right, there’s an ever increasing middle aged minority that think they own the road. I love blasting past the wankers that ride two abreast in a group on my bike. My bikes got an engine ha ha.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
He is, I like Porte and saw his crash in real time, horrendous. he's also a mate and ex team member of Froome's. I think SKY with Geraint Thomas and their climbers will be too strong, but you never know, there's about 6 who could win, but someone is going to need to spring a surprise somewhere, like Froome did in the Giro to upset the odds I think.

Yes, that''s the thing. That SKY team is able to keep control of the race under any scenario and with Froome being almost the perfect all round rider it becomes almost impossible to beat him.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Yes, that''s the thing. That SKY team is able to keep control of the race under any scenario and with Froome being almost the perfect all round rider it becomes almost impossible to beat him.
Unless you’re Geraint Thomas. Great race this year and superb performance by ‘G’ humble , good bloke, just a shame he’s a gooner. Maybe he’ll grow out of it as he matures??

Bit of dodge behaviour from a minority of the French fans who now haven’t won their race for about 20 years. Try harder would be my advice.

Watch a young Colombian bloke called Egan Bernal in the future. He’s 2 and future champion.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Unless you’re Geraint Thomas. Great race this year and superb performance by ‘G’ humble , good bloke, just a shame he’s a gooner. Maybe he’ll grow out of it as he matures??

Bit of dodge behaviour from a minority of the French fans who now haven’t won their race for about 20 years. Try harder would be my advice.

Watch a young Colombian bloke called Egan Bernal in the future. He’s 2 and future champion.

Yep, and I fear now that Porte's chances of ever winning it are gone. Aside from his known issues in descending (he's probably the best pure climber but has no idea how to get back down a mountain),it seems that he struggles to avoid trouble. At 33 time is running out for him.

H

Henderson

Player in Training.
Haven't tried it but the Eurosport coverage does have the GCN logo on it and they mention the GCN app from time to time. I think you'll still need a VPN into a country that GCN has coverage rights for 1xbet download . Maybe the GCN app gives particulars on which content is available in which country. What I find to be the main issue is that geo-restricted content rarely provides a nice list of allowed countries. Instead you have to try different countries / VPN server locations until you find one that works.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Tour de France has also (as well as the British & Irish Lions) been a fantastic watch so far this year. Another massive stage today in the Pyrenees. Never write anyone off - Mark Cavendish equalled Eddy Mercx stage victories record a few days ago. 'Cav' hasn't ridden competitively for 3 years......winning 4 stages so far this year is an incredible achievement.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Toure right, there’s an ever increasing middle aged minority that think they own the road. I love blasting past the wankers that ride two abreast in a group on my bike. My bikes got an engine ha ha.
I've got a hammer in my pannier, and no engine,I love having a chat with cunts who drive like total cunts because they've got an engine. Me and the wife do not ride two abreast like the Germans, and I have a little chat with them as well.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
How many of them aren’t doping
Almost all these days I would imagine, but difficult to know as the dopers in all sports - not just cycling seem to be one step ahead..
I've got a hammer in my pannier, and no engine,I love having a chat with cunts who drive like total cunts because they've got an engine. Me and the wife do not ride two abreast like the Germans, and I have a little chat with them as well.
Ahh but that was in July 2018, I'm now reformed with a road bike bought in April 2019. However I'm still not a cunt and don't ride 2 abreast like these arrogant groups do, and when I see them I still blast past on the bike with the engine. My breadsticks legs don't allow me to blast past anyone on the road bike.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Almost all these days I would imagine, but difficult to know as the dopers in all sports - not just cycling seem to be one step ahead..

Ahh but that was in July 2018, I'm now reformed with a road bike bought in April 2019. However I'm still not a cunt and don't ride 2 abreast like these arrogant groups do, and when I see them I still blast past on the bike with the engine. My breadsticks legs don't allow me to blast past anyone on the road bike.
Isn't it 2018 now? At least I know it's not Sunday because we go the market on Sunday, I can't remember where the market is but we go there on ... Saturday? I went out for my morning ride this morning and got fucking lost in the village I have been living in for two and a half years!

There are zillions of cyclists round here, weather, flat roads, really good roads - unlike those potholed lunar surfaces I remember from Blighty, those bastrad unelected Eurocrats keep giving Spain loads of money for the roads, the bastards - at least you won't have to put up with that sort of investment in the UK now. There are some humungous peletons whizzing around every day, some of them are indeed the arrogant types you describe, it's mainly the 'old enemy'. Most of the drivers are sensitive to 2 wheelers and give us plenty of room, some are cunts, some of the cyclists are cunts of course. The ones who annoy me are the doddery old cunts (more doddery than me) who whizz past me on their fucking Ebikes, I am fitter now than I have been in 30 years and I can get quite a good speed up, but these elderly hoons are doing 40 KPH and I can't go that fast.

Yesterday morning we went out for a toot along to a nice beach and ended up doing 30kms - before brekkie! I am really enjoying cycling now and I am getting loads of exercise without the mind crushing boredom of just exercising, I get to go somewhere nice and take some nice snaps. What was this thread about? Something to do with France, OK, Spain's near France innit?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I often ride 2 abreast as a way to be safe... if you're all tucked in against the kerb on the twisty back roads then motors going like the clappers don't see you until its too late and you end up as a bonnet ornament...

I'll be honest I'd rather be slowed down by a cyclist than be in jail for mowing one down by accident...

I'll always move in once I know they've seen me and let them past, I'm not a total cunt. But positioning myself so I can see and more importantly be seen is worth the "miffed look" or occasional verbal abuse from some beamer driving, "should have ended up in a sock", prick who has zero appreciation of just how vulnerable fat blokes on skinny wheeled bike are.