By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer watch (Summer 2016)

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
Hope your right mate my barcode mate is texting me pissing himself ,he and a lot of their fans are over the moon with him going .im hoping if anyone can get the player that we all know that's in there going it's poch

Of course they are, he's been trying to get out of their club for over a year - it's pissed off the Geordies but, to be honest, only endeared him to me as they do my nut in! They didn't sell him last summer when everything was good, upset the player and then their team started underperforming. When you have an upset player in an underperforming team, it's a recipe for disaster!.

Then, after being relegated, he basically forced his way out. They will think (just as we no doubt would) that he's massively disrespected their club. From an outside perspective, it's slightly easier to see it from the players point of view where, had they sold him last summer, nobody's noses would've been put out of joint.

I have to say, Sissoko has obviously been unhappy in Newcastle for a while and particularly this summer, so the friction between him and their fans is understandable, but whilst he spoke about his frustration, he never "did a Modric", and whilst his performances dipped, he never stopped playing.

Last edited:
J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
To be fair, you're not going to find a lot of French footballers older than 20 who weren't Arse fans at some point.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
I'm joking lads I don't care if he has a tattoo of the rolo merchant on his chopper as long as he plays well for us

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
Think he'll surprise a lot of you.

No question he needs the right manager / team to get the best out of him, but has he had that at Newcastle? I'd say not at all, and whilst he's look very average at times, he's had moments of brilliance there even. In fact, once a decent manager in Rafael Benitez arrived, Sissoko actually started to look 10x better than he had thru the rest of the season, which kind of demonstrates the point.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Looks like Sissoko is about to be our record signing, Everton apparently have withdrawn there bid.

See what I did there? I posted some transfer news then you all posted stuff about it then it happened.

Does that make me one of those IDK cunts?

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
Lol at all the jumped up Geordies on Sissoko's timeline posting that Arsenal quote. They're not bitter at all are they?

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
Link isn't working now. I been worried we've left it too late to get the paperwork done but doesn't seem that way. Good addition I'd say, can run with ball from the centre of the park like Dembele can which we miss big time when Dembele isn't playing.

I fixed it, it was my tech-savviness which caused it not to work :confused:

He can run like Dembele, but he can score unlike Dembele! I'm stoked because I've always thought Sissoko can be 1 of the best midfielders in the Prem. He was wasted at Newcastle who've been a shambles for ages, but even there he's had flashes of real quality.

I'm confident Poch can add that consistency and I reckon he'll be motivated at Spurs.

He gives our squad some much needed depth, which was 1 of my big concerns. I still wish we had a little more creativity, but Sissoko has a bit of everything and can be a game changer at his best.

What's more, he's a big game player. His best for Newcastle usually came against top 4 teams and he stole the show for France in the final

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Well in my tequila banging head state,glad to see we made a signing,lets hope he does well.
As a side note how much have chelsea,united and city spent?FFP my arse.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Oh this guy sneaked in too!!
CrOehM-WcAAglNB.jpg

We are delighted to announce the signing of goalkeeper Pau Lopez on a season-long loan from Espanyol.The 21-year-old has risen through the Espanyol ranks and made 48 apps for their first team since his full debut in 2014. He'll wear no. 30.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Happy? Yeah, I reckon.

Bentaleb, Chadli, Mason, Pritchard, N'jie, Yedlin, Fazio - all gone and will make no real difference as they didn't get much time in the PL last season. Hold the bus, Fazio? has he gone? I don't think so! Who knows the answer? Tell me now.

Sizzokkkooo 'might' be a great buy, he has the talent, we will see about the attitude and temperament.

Jansen will be a great buy, I am infallible when it comes to predicting greatness, OK I got Bobby wrong, but......

Wanyama - yep, we know how good he is.

NackyDoo - not a scooby, he must be good or the Poch would not have bought him.

Lopez - after Vorm's heroics the other day I don't get it unless we are planning on boosting our keepers on the bench - I mean we already have Harry Kane as a 3rd keeper, do we really need 4? Somebody will no doubt explain this mystery to me.

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
Call me greedy, I still wish we'd signed some true Champions League pedigree. I know we tried hard with Isco, but our squad kind of says to me that we're concentrating on the Prem. That's fine, I guess the Champions League is a bit of a bonus comp for us this season, especially playing at Wembley rather than WHL, but I just always want us to try our best in every comp. I'm sure we will try our best on the pitch, I just have concerns over whether that'll be good enough given the real lack of Champions League experience we have.

Lopez - after Vorm's heroics the other day I don't get it unless we are planning on boosting our keepers on the bench - I mean we already have Harry Kane as a 3rd keeper, do we really need 4? Somebody will no doubt explain this mystery to me.

It's just insurance. We already have an injury to Hugo and, with McGee going on loan, we've no real backup for Vorm. If Michel were to get injured now, we'd be in the poo. However, I don't really get it from Lopez's perspective. He's a young goalie who will learn by playing with the likes of Hugo and Michel, but he was getting games at Espanyol and, whilst it's necessary security for us, I can't really see him playing here. It's only a loan tho I guess, so maybe he sees it like going abroad to study for a year??

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Call me greedy, I still wish we'd signed some true Champions League pedigree. I know we tried hard with Isco, but our squad kind of says to me that we're concentrating on the Prem. That's fine, I guess the Champions League is a bit of a bonus comp for us this season, especially playing at Wembley rather than WHL, but I just always want us to try our best in every comp. I'm sure we will try our best on the pitch, I just have concerns over whether that'll be good enough given the real lack of Champions League experience we have.

It's just insurance. We already have an injury to Hugo and, with McGee going on loan, we've no real backup for Vorm. If Michel were to get injured now, we'd be in the poo. However, I don't really get it from Lopez's perspective. He's a young goalie who will learn by playing with the likes of Hugo and Michel, but he was getting games at Espanyol and, whilst it's necessary security for us, I can't really see him playing here. It's only a loan tho I guess, so maybe he sees it like going abroad to study for a year??
Or Hugo has said he wants to win somthing and we may not be ale to fulfil his expectations.

I'm not fcuked either way. Yeah Hugo is great but we will get serious dollar if we shifted him.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Also lost with this Pau guy coming in was Luke McGee's move to the Posh, hope he does well there.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I think we're all done here....just need to get behind the team and manager now and have a great season. Here's hoping.