By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer watch (Summer 2016)

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
So just to kick things off...

Wanyama already signed and it looks like he could be imminently joined by this chap.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-poised-seal-vincent-janssen-8135364

Tottenham poised to seal Vincent Janssen transfer for a bargain £12million
It's understood a fee has been agreed for 21-year-old Eredivisie top scorer who has been linked with Atletico Madrid and AC Milan but fancies England
  • Vincent-Janssen-main.jpg
Spurs are understood to have spoken to Janssen and be optimistic of doing a deal
Tottenham are hoping to complete the £12million signing of AZ Alkmaar scoring sensation Vincent Janssen.

Manager Mauricio Pochettino is determined to land the Holland international, who top scored in the Dutch League this season with 27 goals in 34 games, as he strengthens his squad for a Champions League campaign.

The north Londoners are feeling optimistic they can conclude a deal soon.
England-v-Holland-International-Friendly.jpg

Prolific Janssen added to his season's haul with a penalty at Wembley in March
Janssen flew into London this week with his representatives and - despite interest from Wolfsburg, Atletico Madrid and AC Milan - he wants the move to White Hart Lane.

His signing would provide strong support for England striker Harry Kane who netted 28 times for Spurs this season.

Pochettino, his assistant Jesus Perez and head of recruitment Paul Mitchell all watched him in action last month when he played for Holland against the Republic of Ireland.

Although Janssen didn’t score in that match, he has netted in three of his last four internationals - against England at Wembley in March and away to Poland and Austria over the last week.

Feyenoord, Ajax and PSV Eindhoven have been keen on snapping him up from cash-strapped Alkmaar to keep him in his homeland.
NOV27-Republic-of-Ireland-v-Netherlands-International-Friendly.jpg

Pochettino led a Spurs delegation to check out Janssen in Holland's friendly against Ireland
But Janssen has his heart set on a move to the Premier League.

He said: “I can look back on a great season. For me to score so many goals and get in the Holland team and also to score against England at Wembley makes it the best football year of my life.

“I am ready for a big step up. To be realistic the big Dutch clubs cannot afford me. That's not because of my wages, it's the transfer fee.”

Pochettino believes his recruitment will be the first step to finally addressing Tottenham’s over-reliance on Kane over the past two seasons.

Leicester and Arsenal are also among Janssen’s admirers, but the Foxes have prioritised Watford’s Troy Deeney and Ahmed Musa of CSKA Moscow, while the Gunners want the champions' England striker Jamie Vardy .

Spurs see the asking price for Janssen as a bargain in the current market - far more realistic than the £31m being sought by Marseille for their Belgian striker Michy Batshuayi.

Lyon also want a similar amount for their frontman Alexandre Lacazette, also being targeted by West Ham.

Saido Berahino and Callum Wilson are long-term candidates, but West Brom demanded close to £25m for the former last summer while the Cherries value the latter - yet to complete a full season in the Premier League - at a similar amount.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

Tottenham and Leicester are among several Premier League clubs interested in signing Ragnar Sigurdsson after his impressive displays for Iceland in their run to the quarter-finals of Euro 2016, although they face competition from two German sides for the central defender.

Sigurdsson, who is under contract with the Russian side Krasnodar until the summer of 2018, has been a star performer in France and was man of the match in the 2-1 victory against England in the last 16 on Monday after scoring the equaliser and producing a commanding performance at the heart of Iceland’s defence.
That has attracted the attention of several clubs across Europe, with Schalke and Wolfsburg having already made contact with Krasnodar officials to lodge an interest in the 30-year-old. However, it is understood that Sigurdsson, who would cost around €5m (£4.1m),would prefer a move to the Premier League and his representatives have already been sounded out by Tottenham and Leicester, while Liverpool and other unnamed clubs have also expressed an interest.

Claudio Ranieri is pursuing defensive reinforcements before Leicester’s maiden Champions League campaign with Spaniard Luis Hernández set to complete his free transfer from Sporting Gijón on 1 July and the France Under-21 defensive midfielder Nampalys Mendy also close to completing a £12m move from Nice. Tottenham also view Sigurdsson as a good backup for current first choices Toby Alderweireld and Jan Vertonghen, with the Austria international Kevin Wimmer currently their only senior alternative.

Sigurdsson left Iceland at the age of 20 having begun his career at local side Fylkir. He played more than 100 games in four years at IFK Gothenburg, before joining Danish side Copenhagen in 2011.

Krasnodar signed him in 2014 for around £3m and Sigurdsson was a member of the side that has played in the Europa League for the last two seasons.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
So just to kick things off...

Wanyama already signed and it looks like he could be imminently joined by this chap.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-poised-seal-vincent-janssen-8135364

Tottenham poised to seal Vincent Janssen transfer for a bargain £12million
It's understood a fee has been agreed for 21-year-old Eredivisie top scorer who has been linked with Atletico Madrid and AC Milan but fancies England
  • Vincent-Janssen-main.jpg

Is there anything new on this? it all seems to have gone a bit quiet...or are the club waiting for the official transfer window date of 1st July. I don't know much about him but the value, the vids and his stats look like a potentially great signing.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
No news is good news for Spurs now.

As for signing Ragnar.......

Never heard of the fcuker until that game.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Janssen wants to join us...we've made an offer, they gave permission and now don't want to sell. Bloody frustrating, get your wedge out Daniel and pay the price - £16.5m and £35,000 a week in wages, he's a bargain and perfect for us. Stop pissing around Moutinho style, otherwise we'll miss out.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Ibrahimovic has signed for United, one year deal. Not sure Old Trafford is going to be big enough for all the ego's up there next season...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Simply to put pressure on the Janssen deal.....

I call horse shit
TBH on T`òther place,I rarely ventured into the transfer section,i find it all a load of horse shit,load of made up kak to get clicks or fill column space.I hate it when our players are sniffed around by other clubs,so outta respect to whatever club I kind of want to keep my distance from all the BS that gets thrown around.But as this new shiney place gets running I may indulge a few of the BS stories til others post the BS gossip and I can sit back and think its all horse shit......

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
Free agent ! Fucked Belgium last night lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 329
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
4 minutes ago

According to The Sun this morning, Hull City are preparing to offer £10million for Ryan Mason.

Report: Sunderland reluctant to meet Spurs' £5m-plus demand for DeAndre Yedlin

Last edited:
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Came across this for anyone who, like me, gets frustrated with long drawn out potential transfers.... I don't know how accurate it is...probably 50% @Thfcire probably knows an awful lot more....I'd love to hear the inside track on why footballers transfers can take so long.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/n...ansfer-works-from-the-scouting-to-the-signing
Didn't the window only officially open on the 1st July? It's frightfully rude of the other clubs to break the rules and do their naughty business before then I think, three cheers for Mr Levy for being a gentleman and waiting in the queue like a proper English chap. We are jolly good at queuing aren't we? Whenever I go anywhere and I see a queue I always join it, just in case it is going somewhere interesting.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I'm reading all this gossip on the BBC about this top player going there, and that top player going somewhere else for huge sums of money and massive wages....and nothing about us.... Which is very pleasing, and got me thinking with Kane and very likely Janssen, Eriksen, Lamela and Dele Alli, Mousa and Eric (and Wanyama),4 great full backs, Toby, Jan, Kevin and a world class goal keeper....we don't need to spunk £30/40/50/60m plus £150,000 a week on Morata, Lacazette, Pogba, Ibrahimovic or indeed anyone else........Hats off to the club and Poch for assembling this group....and in addition any of our first team squad, would also command these sort of numbers if they were for sale, so Mr Levy and his balance sheet is also very happy too.

Very bright future at Spurs hopefully....

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I'm reading all this gossip on the BBC about this top player going there, and that top player going somewhere else for huge sums of money and massive wages....and nothing about us.... Which is very pleasing, and got me thinking with Kane and very likely Janssen, Eriksen, Lamela and Dele Alli, Mousa and Eric (and Wanyama),4 great full backs, Toby, Jan, Kevin and a world class goal keeper....we don't need to spunk £30/40/50/60m plus £150,000 a week on Morata, Lacazette, Pogba, Ibrahimovic or indeed anyone else........Hats off to the club and Poch for assembling this group....and in addition any of our first team squad, would also command these sort of numbers if they were for sale, so Mr Levy and his balance sheet is also very happy too.

Very bright future at Spurs hopefully....
I agree that we don't need to splurge huge barrowloads of money, but I do think we need to bulk up a bit, not in Big Eric terms, but I think we need a bigger squad if we are going to compete in 2 or 3 tournaments. Of course it only makes sense buying players who will fit into the Pochist philosophy and blokes who will not upset the brilliant team spirit we seem to have.

If Mason, Caroll and Fazio go, OK Faz wouldn't be a great loss, but that reduces our options. I have no scooby what the word on Bentaleb is, only the bollox speculation from t'other place. I don't know if Chadli will be staying - apparently he is crap so I must be thinking of a different bloke, will Davies, Wimmer, and Trippier be happy to be 2nd stringers, they are all good enough for most other PL teams. I would be really unhappy to see Pritchard move on before we have seen how good he can actually be, very good I think.

It is early days in the transfer window and I'm sure we'll see Levy spend some of that cash that is bursting out of the transfer money biscuit tin, there must be a massive amount of money as he has spent fuck bleeding all in recent seasons. Yep, wages is a problem but I think we will need to pay more to ensure our current blokes stay and to attract the new geezers. The massive TV windfall will be used by other clubs to pay wages and buy players, Danny and Joe must not trouser this money or divert it into other biscuit tins!

Wanyama was great signing, I will not count my Janssens before they hatch, I should have faith in Levy but I don't, I don't trust him, I don't like him so let's hope he proves me wrong and I start the season as a new member of the Levy fanboys club!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
The truth of course is that none of us really have a scoobie of what goes on behind the scenes...who really wants who, how much they are prepared to pay, who is bidding who up...I think there may have been some of this going on with us and Chelsea over that Batty bloke for example.

Unfortunately for us Yids....Levy is a bit of an enigma, compared with the likes of Chelsea, United and City, where cash simply isn't a problem - witness Ibrahimovic, Batshuyai, Sterling, etc. etc.

I too hope that Levy opens the biscuit tin and backs Poch....but not to a 'no limits' extent. The thing is we don't really know who is on Poch's shopping list and whether Janssen for example was a second choice behind Batshuyai? I get puzzled whether we really wanted the new younger Moussa Dembele from Fulham or not, similarly Berahino or not, I'd be disappointed if it came to light that we did and Levy through his own bloody mindedness, simply wouldn't pay an extra million.....that sort of smacks of the transfer muddle over Moutinho a few years ago.

On the plus side, we missed or more likely he didn't want to come, on Schneiderlin and got Eric Dier in midfield and Toby at the back, both massive wins, so sometimes, I resignedly have to admit wtf do I know....which of course is nothing. It does appear as well that we are rewarding our top players properly, which is anoth plus point in terms of long term potential for success.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The truth of course is that none of us really have a scoobie of what goes on behind the scenes...who really wants who, how much they are prepared to pay, who is bidding who up...I think there may have been some of this going on with us and Chelsea over that Batty bloke for example.

Unfortunately for us Yids....Levy is a bit of an enigma, compared with the likes of Chelsea, United and City, where cash simply isn't a problem - witness Ibrahimovic, Batshuyai, Sterling, etc. etc.

I too hope that Levy opens the biscuit tin and backs Poch....but not to a 'no limits' extent. The thing is we don't really know who is on Poch's shopping list and whether Janssen for example was a second choice behind Batshuyai? I get puzzled whether we really wanted the new younger Moussa Dembele from Fulham or not, similarly Berahino or not, I'd be disappointed if it came to light that we did and Levy through his own bloody mindedness, simply wouldn't pay an extra million.....that sort of smacks of the transfer muddle over Moutinho a few years ago.

On the plus side, we missed or more likely he didn't want to come, on Schneiderlin and got Eric Dier in midfield and Toby at the back, both massive wins, so sometimes, I resignedly have to admit wtf do I know....which of course is nothing. It does appear as well that we are rewarding our top players properly, which is anoth plus point in terms of long term potential for success.
Us sensible blokes reallise that we don't know what's going on behind the scenes, I liked the look of little Mousse but he might have been a total numpty, I never fancied Berahino but he might have been a star with us. Levy might be working his goolies off to get the right blokes - we have had some massive results recently as you rightly say. I think we could do very well with the chaps we already have, there are a few academy players who could be very special. I am just worried that we won't have enough players for what could be a very tough season, but I am also worried that we could get the wrong players who might upset the apple cart so I might as well stop worrying and look forward to the new season, it's going to be good!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Us sensible blokes reallise that we don't know what's going on behind the scenes, I liked the look of little Mousse but he might have been a total numpty, I never fancied Berahino but he might have been a star with us. Levy might be working his goolies off to get the right blokes - we have had some massive results recently as you rightly say. I think we could do very well with the chaps we already have, there are a few academy players who could be very special. I am just worried that we won't have enough players for what could be a very tough season, but I am also worried that we could get the wrong players who might upset the apple cart so I might as well stop worrying and look forward to the new season, it's going to be good!
Moussa Dembele the younger has gone to Celtic and I read somewhere that Zidane really rates him, can't remember why there is a link to Real Madrid....I reckon him Janssen and Kane, would have been a nice trio, but then we have young Josh Onomah...so to use a phrase it's all a can of kippers....I trust Poch and occasionally Levy, we'll be fine, unless we're not and then we can all have moan that we should've, would've, could've.....but still won't really know. I read somewhere Poch's transfer 'kitty' was £50m....only Levy didn't give him the cheque book to go with it.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
When palarse and wet spam are throwing £30m bids around its a different can of spam now,everton are going to spend big too,what with the billy big bollox mancs,chavs,arse,pool all splashing out and then wiping it on the curtain afterwards,there are going to be casualtys.Unsustainable as SerieA proved once they went down the toilet,crowds stopped attending,foreign tv stopped showing.Some clubs need to spend this windfall tv cash on infrastructure for academies and stadia,selhurst is a toilet of a ground so I guess a 32m benteke will fit right in,but my point being i dont see clubs improving the actual clubs,just merely trying to buy a cheap hit of sky sportswankfest.,

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
When palarse and wet spam are throwing £30m bids around its a different can of spam now,everton are going to spend big too,what with the billy big bollox mancs,chavs,arse,pool all splashing out and then wiping it on the curtain afterwards,there are going to be casualtys.Unsustainable as SerieA proved once they went down the toilet,crowds stopped attending,foreign tv stopped showing.Some clubs need to spend this windfall tv cash on infrastructure for academies and stadia,selhurst is a toilet of a ground so I guess a 32m benteke will fit right in,but my point being i dont see clubs improving the actual clubs,just merely trying to buy a cheap hit of sky sportswankfest.,
It's all relative though isn't it.....Palace are spending to stay in the league and the others are spending to win it. At Spurs we're currently in the comfortable position of already having nurtured or bought a first XI where every player is worth £20m+ but still on sensible wages, we have reasonable cover in most areas and a fantastic new shiny 61,000 seat Stadium being built, having already delivered one of the best training facilities and academies....in the world.

If we have another good season or two, we will start to cement our place amongst the top 4/wealthier owned clubs, all of whom, on the basis of last season are having to rebuild their teams....we don't need to. It's simply fantastic and mildly unbelieveable from as recent as 2-3 years ago and certainly 10 years ago. I'm loving it.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Latest on Janssen according to ITV amongst others...

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2016-07-07/az-alkmaar-reject-latest-tottenham-bid-for-janssen/

To be honest (although without any facts to back up the sentiment) I'm getting a bit pissed off that we haven't sorted this yet. If it was ever true that we were in for Batshuyai rather than just bidding Chelsea up to £33m ish, we should just pay up and move on for this bloke at £17m or whatever, rather than Levy playing his brinkmanship game all over again.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I will not count my Janssen's until they cross the road, because a Janssen in the hand saves nine my old mum always said.

All the media bollocks is just recycled speculation so I will wait, I am patient, I can wait a long time, there are people on my list who have been there for nearly 40 years but I will find them.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I will not count my Janssen's until they cross the road, because a Janssen in the hand saves nine my old mum always said.

All the media bollocks is just recycled speculation so I will wait, I am patient, I can wait a long time, there are people on my list who have been there for nearly 40 years but I will find them.
I admire your patience.....I get bored with it all quite quickly....if you go into a shop to buy a shirt and it costs £20 then you can't walk out with it for £13.50 so why bother offering....just pay the price or maybe £18.50 and go and buy some trousers....as well.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Call me suspicious but who leaves the training ground like this publically!!
Cm1xbxfUkAAjmS6.jpg

quoted as saying
"I won't train with AZ any longer. The clubs are now really close to an agreement. I wait for the call."
"I'm glad that it is almost complete. For me it was clear from the beginning that I wanted to go to Tottenham."

"Please miss can I take this red shite off now"
Cm1nEJkWIAAIcwq.jpg

Last edited:
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
BREAKING -West Ham have submitted a £35.3m bid to every club in Europe in the hope someone will sell them a striker.

Cm12BcMWAAAun_J.jpg

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Oh dear he is a premature badge kisser.....
proxy.jpg

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Jannsen is 'on the brink', 'close to a deal, 'closer to a deal', 'nearly' and 'really close' - according to the Internet and the Internet should now because it knows everything.