By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer watch summer 2019

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
This is a huge signing, top business to get it done.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Fine, so one lousy signing. Even if it is top notch. Now keep Eriksen, sign Lo Celso and add a young, dynamic right back. Thought so. LEVY OUT!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Is it me or are we the only ones doing any serious business???

What's everyone waiting for?

It's kinda like selling houses I guess... once money is released in one end it has to swill.about s bit until the rich fuckers get their mansions...

We've just brought a mansion...!!!

Another couple of deals over the next few weeks would be fucking cushty.
I'd have thought we'd see more action from Man United especially, City and Liverpool probably don't feel they need to make any big additions, and Chelsea can't. Wan-Bassaka is a very good purchase for United IMO, but they need a lot more. I guess they're hoping to get rid of Pogba first? Depending on what happens with Eriksen, I'd be surprised if we didn't see a few more on our end. Even Levy can't deny we need to spend a bit to add depth and freshen things up

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'd have thought we'd see more action from Man United especially, City and Liverpool probably don't feel they need to make any big additions, and Chelsea can't. Wan-Bassaka
What did he go for....? It was early days for him but he looked ok

C

corroded

Player in Training.
I hear people defending United spending £45m+ on a right back, and granted, their right backs are fucking jank at the moment...

THEIR CORE IS SHITE.

Really shite.

Anyway, I was browsing someones Twitters and they were saying we have an interest in Ake.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Based on recent footage, we have the following right backs....Juan Foyth, Kieran Trippier, Serge Aurier, and KWP. Do we need to keep one, or two Foyth and Tripps and sell the other two. Or keep Foyth for versatility and buy a new one?

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Based on recent footage, we have the following right backs....Juan Foyth, Kieran Trippier, Serge Aurier, and KWP. Do we need to keep one, or two Foyth and Tripps and sell the other two. Or keep Foyth for versatility and buy a new one?
I'd get rid of aurier and potentially kwp if poch doent see him as first 11 standard and get a better RB than trippier in. Trips was poor last season but carried an injury all the way through it, think he's still got more to show.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
An explanation of Llorente's situation by Alasdair Gold, I thought he was gone, but apparently not. Makes sense to play it cautious with him, he was massive for us in the CL, and if we can't find a backup for Harry (which is not easy) he needs to stay IMO.

Fernando Llorente's situation at Tottenham Hotspur has caused some confusion among the club's fans.
The 34-year-old's contract at the club ended on June 30, however Spurs have not announced his departure from north London as they did with goalkeeper Michel Vorm last month. The only indication of his status is that the Spaniard no longer appears on the club's squad list on their website.

Llorente's name was on the released list the club submitted to the Premier League early last month, however that was simply because the retained and released lists had to be handed in to the Premier League by June 7 by every club rather than him actually being released.

Any players who have been offered a contract automatically move to the retained list with (offer) next to their name. It's signalling the club have made an attempt to retain them but in Llorente's case there was still time after that date to make an offer and there currently still is.
Even though Llorente's contract expiry date has come and gone, football.london understands that his status has not changed at the club as of yet, with neither the club releasing him nor the player choosing to leave.
A lack of announcement from Spurs or the player indicates that a final decision is yet to be made on his future.

It is standard practice with many contracts that a player must be paid a month's severance pay if they have not found a new club a month after their contract ends.

Llorente is now free to move to another club and the absence of conformation from either side could also indicate that Tottenham might look to yet offer the veteran striker a new deal with a lower salary than his previous one if he cannot find anything better this month.
However, on the flip side if the Spaniard does agree terms with a new club in the coming days then it would all move very quickly with them able to announce him at their own discretion, with Tottenham simply informed. Until then his situation will remain the same.

Fernando Llorente (Image: Marc Atkins/Getty Images)
The Spaniard struggled to make an impact in his first season with minutes and goals hard to come by, but he stepped up for the club in some important moments last season with Harry Kane out injured, particularly in their run to the Champions League final.

Llorente is a popular member of the Tottenham squad and Spurs have struggled to find a striker to back up Kane, with Vincent Janssen failing to fill the role before the Spaniard.

There are high hopes for 17-year-old academy striker Troy Parrott. Pochettino is a fan of the teenager and he will be given first team minutes this season, but it is too early for him to step up to become a regular.
If Llorente does not find another club in the coming days or weeks, then a new lower deal as the season approaches might suit all parties.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
No surprises there to be honest. Gutted for Vic, but it's understandable.

Trips, I just dont get how good he was to how shit he has been. I'd love to know more about how his climb and fall was so utterly rapid.

Decent fullbacks are absolute gold dust. I hear Marcello could be available.

***EDIT*** Hold the fuck on, Danny Rose.....!!!!! How in fucks name do we expect to be able to replace him unless were spunking crazy amounts of cash.....?

In fact, that's first choice left and right backs... that's gotta be some type of horse shit made up nonsense to rile me the fuck up @USspur .....?

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
Holey moley, brutal.
I love it.
That's just about all the dead Wood.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
No surprises there to be honest. Gutted for Vic, but it's understandable.

Trips, I just dont get how good he was to how shit he has been. I'd love to know more about how his climb and fall was so utterly rapid.

Decent fullbacks are absolute gold dust. I hear Marcello could be available.

***EDIT*** Hold the fuck on, Danny Rose.....!!!!! How in fucks name do we expect to be able to replace him unless were spunking crazy amounts of cash.....?

In fact, that's first choice left and right backs... that's gotta be some type of horse shit made up nonsense to rile me the fuck up @USspur .....?
Click bait from Daily Mail Sport? I dunno how reputable they are so I dunno.

Also hoping Danny stays, though

Reactions: Yid
J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
If Rose isn't seriously pushing for a move I think it would be madness to sell him. The rest can probably be moved on with little effect. I still think the core of this squad has a couple more years left, and we need to be freshening it up with youth (especially since Poch has usually been reluctant to throw the new boys into the fray at once) and holding on to the experience we have. It's not like Rose has lost a step, along with Eriksen he always looks our fittest player.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I am now of the opinion that Eriksen can piss off. He seems to be agitating for a move, even if he sits on the pine for Madrid.

Yes he is a very good player but he’s does tend to head for the hills during big games and if we land Lo Celso and/or Ceballos then he is no longer critical to how we play.

If he doesn’t want to be here, new stadium and budding European powerhouse then I don’t want him here.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I am now of the opinion that Eriksen can piss off. He seems to be agitating for a move, even if he sits on the pine for Madrid.

Yes he is a very good player but he’s does tend to head for the hills during big games and if we land Lo Celso and/or Ceballos then he is no longer critical to how we play.

If he doesn’t want to be here, new stadium and budding European powerhouse then I don’t want him here.
It's a tough one this. Ceballos and lo celso are more tenacious than eriksen. Lo celso probably gets around the field as much aswell, but the big thing is eriksen is consistently involved season after season in 20+ prem goals so it's a big ask if one or both were to come in. Don't really see the need for both in all honesty. If both did come in it would be cheerio to Winks. His game time would disappear.

Ceballos plays a bit like Modric though which would be cool to see in midfield. Only thing is ceballos seems to have made it fairly clear he would only use us to show his worth to Real.

Read a funny thing about him where it said if he wasn't already in the Real squad and at another team, Real would be trying to sign him!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
It's a tough one this. Ceballos and lo celso are more tenacious than eriksen. Lo celso probably gets around the field as much aswell, but the big thing is eriksen is consistently involved season after season in 20+ prem goals so it's a big ask if one or both were to come in. Don't really see the need for both in all honesty. If both did come in it would be cheerio to Winks. His game time would disappear.

Ceballos plays a bit like Modric though which would be cool to see in midfield. Only thing is ceballos seems to have made it fairly clear he would only use us to show his worth to Real.

Read a funny thing about him where it said if he wasn't already in the Real squad and at another team, Real would be trying to sign him!
Cant knock The Danes stats, but if he wasnt there would someone else have done it? Maybe, maybe not. All i would say is that if his head is in Spain his body can fuck off there too!

I do see the need for both as it gives us that depth. The depth we have been fucked by when it came to the crunch for 2 years. It give us options and if one is only a loan then we have to have both. Get the one we dont own knackered and injured to fuck while the other beds in and is protected. Win win.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
First, I think the odds of adding both Lo Celso and Ceballos are pretty remote. I think we will get one, but not the other. Think I would prefer Lo Celso. Also, I actually don't like the idea of Foyth as a RB. If anything he is more of a midfielder. He probably has some of the best feet in the club but I don't think he has the wheels for FB. Guess it's good to have some versatile players. Would like to see him get a bigger role this season. Would also like to see him add 15 pounds, but that's another issue.

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
Reading on Sky news banner he is going to Juve.