By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer watch summer 2019

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
If we keep Rose then I think Sessengnon is better than Davies. I like KWP at Right back plus any other upgrade on Tripps (who may re discover his form next season) and Aurier, who I think Poch now considers a potential liability mentally?

Last year Davies was brilliant. Had a solid season, but this year he looks average again. As someone said, yes he is a asset in the fact he can play centre back, but he would still only be 5th choice there if everyone is fit and toby stays.

Meanwhile sessengnon , my mate is a passionate Fulham fan and thinks hes overrated. Maybe to much to soon you could argue, but going off this season I don't think he is with the money, chillwell all the way from me

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Yeah Chilwell is very good

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Sess isn't a full back at Premier League level, he's a winger, wing forward.... something like that. In my opinion, he's not quite strong enough yet ... that's why he's being overlooked by Fulham right now. Speaking to my Fulham mate, he says something similar, he doesn't really believe that Sess is a natural full back and should transition to a more pure attacking role.

If we were to lose Eriksen this summer I'd be interested in making an approach for Maddison incidentally. In fact, even if we somehow manage to keep him I'd be interested in Maddison.

Chilwell and Maddison would be two I'd be interested in, both improve the squad.

Also in classic Spurs fashion I'd quite like to keep an eye on Tielemans. Promising debut, but that loan from Monaco might be worth Alderweirelding.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
A bit of a misleading headline here from Goal (what do you expect?). Heaps praise on Poch, Sonny, etc.

Tottenham may struggle to keep hold of 'amazing' Son - Bent

"Son is an amazing player," Bent told talkSport. "Everything about him, the way he plays the game, he’s such a threat and he can finish with his left and right feet.

"The only worry for Spurs in the next few years is losing some of these players.

"People are going to look at Son and think, ‘he’s a lot better than we thought’, and he offers so much more than just scoring goals with his work rate and creativity.

"Just the way he seems to be around the place – you can see the Spurs fans love him and his team-mates love him. You can’t often buy that sort of player."

"Missing Dele Alli, Harry Kane and Son away playing for his country, I thought they were really going to struggle but they have somehow managed to keep the results coming along," the Englishman added.

"It’s a testament to Pochettino and shows how good a manager he is. He is without arguably one of the best strikers in world football in Harry Kane, but other players are stepping up and getting the goals and they still look quite solid.

"The job he’s doing is fantastic. Not spending any money in strengthening the team, they’re still not in the new stadium – people keep talking about the negatives around the club, but yet week-in week-out they keep churning out results.

"That’s a testament to the squad and the manager because they must really believe in him.

"With the way they are playing at the moment, no one can question Pochettino’s decision and Daniel Levy’s decision not to sign any players."

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
I'm worried that Aaron Ramsey may have put us in the shit with his £400k a minute Juventus deal. I can't see how we have any chance of hanging on to Toby or Christian now, when it's clear that clubs are willing to pay ridiculously high wages because they don't have to cover a transfer fee. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets suddenly harder to sign a player to any kind of new contract, when he knows that he can let the current deal run out and earn more elsewhere.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
That's always been the case with contracts though, Judas was doing that years ago ... I don't think anyone paid a quid to his previous club, every one of his transfers were free transfers iirc?

I don't think it changes the landscape, it's always been on the cards.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
My favourite Tottenham correspondent Alastair Gold has done another nice piece on 10 transfer targets this Summer - the ones we should target and the ones Levy might go for. Check it out on Twitter or until other esteemed posters put the link on here....good stuff as usual from AG.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Bale plus £50m for Eriksen is a rumour from a number of sources.

It’s an interesting proposition, even an attractive one if Eriksen continues to stall on a new deal.

Bale’s salary expectations might be extravagant though.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Bale plus £50m for Eriksen is a rumour from a number of sources.

It’s an interesting proposition, even an attractive one if Eriksen continues to stall on a new deal.

Bale’s salary expectations might be extravagant though.
Should probably be in the Whopper thread To be honest mate.

Edit: actually maybe not......having read reports from the recent Madrid demise, with Bale jeered off and refusing to celebrate his winner in a recent game against Levante.

Who’d want to go and play there eh? Unless they change the manager of course......:oops::oops:

Last edited:
Liam

Liam

Founding Member
If Eriksen isn't going to sign a new deal the 50 mil and Bale ain't to sniffed at. If wecate to use the 50 mil on another player we'd be ok imo.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I’d love to see us put in a bid for Diogo Jota. The guy is class and his link up play superb.

Reactions: Yid
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I’d love to see us put in a bid for Diogo Jota. The guy is class and his link up play superb.
Wolves have really got their act together now. Couple of decent defenders and they'd be even higher. That Taore bloke is worth about 28p

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Levy announced that the new stadium will not affect our transfer budget. That would be good news except for the fact that our last two transfer window budgets have been zero. That is a budget that could use some affecting.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Levy announced that the new stadium will not affect our transfer budget. That would be good news except for the fact that our last two transfer window budgets have been zero. That is a budget that could use some affecting.
Haha, the fucking truth is sickening...!!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Just been looking at the BBC football site Gossip section. When Harry was in charge we had about 5 different paragraphs everyday speculating on who we were going to sign. We don't get 5 a month these days.........

Here's some questions, is KWP good enough to take over from Tripps if his form doesnt improve next season?
If Eriksen goes is Jack Grealish the 'affordable' solution?
Will Foyth and Sanchez ultimately be good enough to take over from Toby & Jan?
Can we produce our own, like Skipp, Amos and Parrott for the first XI
Is Juan Mata worth a cheeky bid? for experience if nothing else....
If Levy doesn't give Poch some cash, does Poch say 'adios' in Summer 2020?

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Just been looking at the BBC football site Gossip section. When Harry was in charge we had about 5 different paragraphs everyday speculating on who we were going to sign. We don't get 5 a month these days.........

If Eriksen goes is Jack Grealish the 'affordable' solution?

I can see Bale and Erisken will be in a swap deal....yes unrealistic and possibly not what we need but the way Bale is going at Real he will pay to leave

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
the way Bale is going at Real he will pay to leave
According to him/his agent he has no plans to leave and is 'very happy' there. Which is of course what they would say. Maybe he just likes the golf and plenty of time off??? Levy won't be paying anyone £300,000 a week any time soon.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I sont want to even think this way but if Harry cant get this ankle right...... we need to cash in that ticket.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
D3_QdlOWsAASIRS.jpg

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Zlatan to Celtic for £80m