By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer watch summer 2019

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
We can't sell him now. Free next summer for sure.
The same as when we got stung by campbell,this will lead to a change in how we handle contracts,Levy will be fuming at losing so much capital investment return.And like Pharoah,he will probably increase ST prices and food court prices to relieve the pain.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
The same as when we got stung by campbell,this will lead to a change in how we handle contracts,Levy will be fuming at losing so much capital investment return.And like Pharoah,he will probably increase ST prices and food court prices to relieve the pain.
True, Eriksen, Toby and Rose would have been about £125m on the balance sheet.....falling to close to zero.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The European window is still wide open until the 2nd September ( 23rd August in Italy ),my fingers are staying crossed until then.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Probably want some pay rises.

Sadly, our method of growing a team only works when your team isn't hitting peaks.... though I'd argue, if they won something, this behaviour would be _more_ justified.

As in, I don't get a big pay rise for nearly releasing software :p

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Really want him to stay because I love him, but can't blame him for wanting to go. He's worth more than we can pay, and footballers have short careers, even when they don't get injured. We fans always moan about loyalty when players opt to move on, but nary a word is said when the club decides to flog them. Love the man, but we all know it's business. 60MM would have been nice to reseed the squad, though.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
The European window is still wide open until the 2nd September ( 23rd August in Italy ),my fingers are staying crossed until then.

For what outcome mate? Are you hoping we recoup a transfer fee for CE and TA or hoping that they stay? Losing them for free just doesn't seem palatable.

I am conflicted.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
We can afford to lose Toby for free next summer. That will not be such a bad blow, and having him the year probably covers any lose on him leaving for free. Eriksen is a different issue. We could bank over 70 mil for him so even if he'd need to win us the PL and CL to might it a financial wash, something that probably isn't happening. That's why I think the on-year extension is a great option for all. Bump up his salary for this year plus next with a reasonable release clause so we don't end up with nothing. Real is a mess, and don't want him. Barca don't need him. Madrid probably want and need him, but I'm not so sure he fits there sylistically. Honestly I want them all to stay. There's nothing like winning with the players who helped build up to it.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
The Squirrel understands (because it was reported in the Independent) that the club are sitting down with Eriksen to try and iron out a contract. Personally I'm hoping that Streaky realises that Madrid, Barcelona and Juve don't seem to rate him quite as highly as he thought they might and the best place for him is N17 competing with Dele, Son, Lo Celso and Lamela for his place and practising penalties and corners, eh Chris?

C

corroded

Player in Training.
I think he heard me moaning about his free kicks in Saturday 😂

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
According to the Monday clickbait media on the BBC Sport football gossip webpages Neymar is going back to Barcelona, who in turn have loaned Coutinho to Bayern, and Dybala is going to replace Neymar at PSG, for £73m plus the whole image rights debacle.........which leaves a spare place at..........Juventus.......for a playmaker like.......Christian Eriksen? His name hasn't currently been mentioned anywhere. But if I was Trix, Hertyid, JJetset, Hercules, Airfix, Trojan, Damicles, Goat, or indeed any other random ITK name you can think of....I certainly would have made that 'a thing' by now. I mean it's bleeding obvious innit, and his wife has been spotted looking at schools in Turin, even though they haven't got any kids.

If it doesn't happen, he'll definitely go to Atletico Madrid or stay at Spurs which is what I've been saying all along. Transfers aren't easy these days, especially to predict.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
According to the Monday clickbait media on the BBC Sport football gossip webpages Neymar is going back to Barcelona, who in turn have loaned Coutinho to Bayern, and Dybala is going to replace Neymar at PSG, for £73m plus the whole image rights debacle.........which leaves a spare place at..........Juventus.......for a playmaker like.......Christian Eriksen? His name hasn't currently been mentioned anywhere. But if I was Trix, Hertyid, JJetset, Hercules, Airfix, Trojan, Damicles, Goat, or indeed any other random ITK name you can think of....I certainly would have made that 'a thing' by now. I mean it's bleeding obvious innit, and his wife has been spotted looking at schools in Turin, even though they haven't got any kids.

If it doesn't happen, he'll definitely go to Atletico Madrid or stay at Spurs which is what I've been saying all along. Transfers aren't easy these days, especially to predict.
I think, no ITK just a hunch, that if no offer from Real, Barcelona, or Juve comes along then he'll wait til January to check our offer and what comes from abroad.

I am right in thinking foreign clubs can discuss a free summer move with him from January?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I think, no ITK just a hunch, that if no offer from Real, Barcelona, or Juve comes along then he'll wait til January to check our offer and what comes from abroad.

I am right in thinking foreign clubs can discuss a free summer move with him from January?
No idea about the workings of the transfer world at all. Holding a scarf or shirt is the only reliable truth other wise it's 'fake news'........

C

corroded

Player in Training.
I'd quite like us to string along Juve for as long as possible, then say it's not happening because of image rights on EuroTDD.

Torpedoing the whole fricken lot.

Then in Jan, Juve can take Eriksen for Dybala, and PSG can sort their own lives out somewhere else ;p

• Love
Reactions: Yid
Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Thank fuck for that. A few Bob in the bank and a few Bob off the wage bill. In my opinion we are in a new transitional period with poch but starting with a much stronger foundation this time round. Part of rebuilding and taking the next step is gonna need dead wood gone to free up squad places and wages. Hope it works for the lad as there's an ok player in there.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So looks like we could sell Nkoudou,wanyama,aurier and eriksen before the window shuts.The first two are of no concern to me,aurier not much because we have kwp,foyth and dier to cover there,though proper quality does worry me,but who knows if the lads will step up?Eriksen?well its a crap shoot,important player but lose him for nothing?IMO he wont sign a new deal thats long gone would have happened by now,its just a distraction to the team and poch now,expect some cut price bids near the end of the window,even £50m is better than a season of how he played saturday,he doesnt look like his heart is there now.His silence is deafening,just pray lo celso hits the ground running to replace the assists.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
when your new club cant even get your name right,eh George 😂

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Manchester United will pay £300,000 of Alexis Sanchez's £400,000 a week contract while the 30-year-old Chile forward is on loan at Inter Milan. (Metro)

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Manchester United will pay £300,000 of Alexis Sanchez's £400,000 a week contract while the 30-year-old Chile forward is on loan at Inter Milan. (Metro)

EC_eu_yXYAE6dkS