By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer watch (Winter 2016)

boo

boo

Founding Member
To kick off the Thfcire sponsored 'Klaas huntelaar' award for the most nominated transfer link we have one from the past that obviously requires at least one link with Spurs this winter;

Tottenham are said to have had a move for Schneiderlin turned down in August with former Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino expected to renew his interest in January.

Schneiderlin has only played six minutes of Premier League football this season.

According to The Express, Schneiderlin's struggles have alerted Spurs, who previously tried to sign the Frenchman from Southampton, while Palace boss Alan Pardew is also an admirer of the anchorman.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...United-Crystal-Palace-Tottenham-Transfer-News

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Dear god is another window open...sigh.
Hows aboot,i will be perfectly happy if we sign no one!!

boo

boo

Founding Member
http://talksport.com/football/trans...-keeping-tabs-porto-strike-star-moussa-marega

Monday, November 7, 2016

Liverpool and Tottenham are tracking Porto hotshot Moussa Marega.

The striker is currently on loan at Vitoria de Guimaraes and he has impressed this season by scoring 10 goals already.

That form, according to L'Equipe, has caught the eye of both Liverpool and Tottenham and they are keeping tabs on the 25-year-old.

The Premier League pair have reportedly sent scouts to Portugal to watch Marega and they have returned with positive feedback.

Crystal Palace and Stoke City have previously been linked with the Mali international, while Watford were after him in the summer.

However, any club looking to land Marega could have to stump up his release clause of £35m.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Are there any decent players around at the moment not called 'Moussa'?

boo

boo

Founding Member
Promising Germany international Max Meyer has revealed that Tottenham have expressed an interest in signing him, but the Schalke forward reiterated he is happy to remain in the Bundesliga.

Meyer has been earning rave reviews for his performances this season in a struggling Schalke team, and the prospect of playing Champions League football after Christmas is one that naturally appeals to him.

But despite Mauricio Pochettino enquiring about the 21-year-old on numerous occasions since arriving at White Hart Lane, Meyer has played down talk of a January transfer move to north London.

The German told Sport Bild when asked about Spurs' enquiry: 'I know that there was interest and the club was asked, but Schalke immediately put a stop to it. So the matter was settled.

'Of course I've dealt with it. I know what I have at Schalke and I like to play for this club.'

Meyer, who was also a transfer target for Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool during the summer, has made 14 appearances in all competitions this season, scoring once as Schalke sit 12th in the Bundesliga after three wins from 10 games.

Known for his dribbling abilities and speed, the attacking midfielder scored in only his second senior cap for Germany - a 2-0 win over Finland - and Meyer has made three national appearances in total under Joachim Low.

With his contract due to expire in 2018, Schalke will want to nail Meyer down to a longer-term deal at the earliest opportunity, but the player himself is in no mood to rush things over his future.

'When the time comes, we'll come to a decision. But I feel good about Schalke,' he added.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Worth signing just for the game of thrones jokes it will bring.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/11/08/spurs-and-everton-eye-bristol-citys-hordur-bjorgvin-magnusson/
Tottenham and Everton are leading the chase for Bristol City star Hordur Bjorgvin Magnusson - who only moved to Ashton Gate in the summer, sources have confirmed to HITC Sport.

The 23-year-old Icelandic centre-half joined promotion chasing City from Italian giants Juventus, costing £2.5million - but Magnusson - who was part of his country's squad for Euro 2016 - is making big strides in the West Country with a string of highly impressive displays.
Spurs and Everton are now weighing up January moves for the player, although they know they would have to pay over £10 million to land him.

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is considering moving on Austrian defender Kevin Wimmer on in January, and Magnusson could be the ideal replacement.

boo

boo

Founding Member
Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic is attracting interest from Premier League duo Tottenham and West Ham, according to reports (via The Daily Star).

The Croatian international, who has scored 28 goals in 72 games for his country, only moved to the Italian giants last year, but the emergence of Paulo Dybala and the €90 million signing of Gonzalo Higuain could mean that Mandzukic is a surplus to requirements at the Juventus Stadium.

The 30-year-old scored 13 goals in 36 games last season to help Massimiliano Allegri’s side win the domestic treble (Serie A, the Supercoppa Italiana, and the Coppa Italia) for the second successive year.

However, the striker may look for a move in January, with Tottenham and West Ham touted as potential destinations for the former Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich forward.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino could really do with some more firepower after seeing his side net just 15 times in the league so far this season, which is the least of any side in the top six.

Harry Kane has been a big miss during his spell on the sidelines, with summer signing Vincent Janssen struggling to make the necessary impact in the early stages of his spell in English football.

Slaven Bilic’s Hammers are also struggling for goals, having scored just 11 goals in their opening 11 league games.

The East London club are heavily reliant on Michail Antonio and Dimitri Payet to get their goals, as none of the strikers at the London Stadium have netted so far this season.

Undoubtedly, if Mandzukic is available, there will be interest in the proven striker in January, and he could make a move to the Premier League.

boo

boo

Founding Member
According to Askam, Tottenham are tracking £22m-rated Galatasaray winger Bruma – having reportedly already watched the winger play 6 times.

Interestingly, they also add that contact between the two clubs is expected; though Bruma’s club will reportedly hold out for €25 million – which translates to roughly £22 million.

This is a very interesting development, given that Tottenham – for the most part – have a fairly long line of contenders for their 3 attacking midfield positions. Our landlord thinks that could mean that Pochettino is planning to sell in January.

Bruma has been in fine form for Galatasaray this season, having bagged 4 goals and 3 assists in just 10 games in the Turkish League.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Haven't seen this team going really yet but think it'll click soon enough so not worried if we don't do any business in January other than loaning some kids out. Although there's always that but in your mind wondering if we'll pull something special out the bag!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I think we've got the players, last year proved that as did the wins over City, and the way we played on Sunday. Just need a bit of luck and have everyone playing on top form. Let's see where we are by Christmas.

boo

boo

Founding Member
Rose, Lamela, Alderweireld, Dembele and Kane have all missed a fair few games so far. All five of those were mainstays last season and yet here we are, still sitting rightl near the top. Do we need any more players?

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Rose, Lamela, Alderweireld, Dembele and Kane have all missed a fair few games so far. All five of those were mainstays last season and yet here we are, still sitting rightl near the top. Do we need any more players?
I don't think buying anyone is necessary but if a top player wants out fromsomewhere in Jabuary it may be worth visiting. Either Isco or James Rodriguez would be great, James would blow the ol' socks of but I'm very doubtful either of them is likely to happen!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham Hotspur are interested in signing Galatasaray winger Bruma, according to his agent. #THFC

CxDVQ0_WEAERyTT.jpg

Balde: "Besides Spurs, there are other English clubs who are very attentive to Bruma."

boo

boo

Founding Member
I don't think buying anyone is necessary but if a top player wants out fromsomewhere in Jabuary it may be worth visiting. Either Isco or James Rodriguez would be great, James would blow the ol' socks of but I'm very doubtful either of them is likely to happen!

I agree mate. Ideally speaking, right center half, dembele mkii, a number ten and a center foward but, the likes of carter bickers, winks, onomha, doukou, Edwards, Harrison are waiting in the wings so...

boo

boo

Founding Member
Cátio Baldé has revealed there are currently no concrete discussions with potential Premier League suitor, he’s openly stated his client is all but certain he will eventually be purchased after his breakthrough season in the Süper Lig.

“There are English and German clubs who follow Bruma weekly”, he said.

”What’s happened is that there hasn’t been an advance until now. Anything can happen in December.”

“He wants to play in the Premier League and he’s sure he’ll be bought.”

He’s under contract at Galatasaray until the end of next season.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham defender Kevin Wimmer is a target for Borussia Monchengladbach.

The Austrian has struggled to establish himself at Spurs since arriving from FC Koln last year.

He has been unable to break up the centre-back partnership of Jan Vertonghen and Toby Alderweireld and has started just 10 Premier League games since his move.

Now reports in Germany have suggested that the 24-year-old could be on his way back to the Bundesliga, with Monchengladbach keen.

German newspaper Express have claimed that, even though he is under contract until 2021, Wimmer could be available for about £6m.

That would represent a profit on the £4.3m they paid Koln so Tottenham may decide to cash in when the transfer window opens.

Dont worry the source was only talksport

boo

boo

Founding Member
Tottenham target Keisuke Honda will leave AC Milan in the January transfer window, according to La Repubblica .

The 30-year-old Japan international has made just one Serie A start this season, with Milan manager Vincenzo Montella looking to offload him during the next transfer window.

Tottenham, West Ham, and Southampton had all been linked to the midfielder, but a move to China is also likely, with several Chinese Super League clubs thought to be interested.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Tottenham target Keisuke Honda will leave AC Milan in the January transfer window, according to La Repubblica .

The 30-year-old Japan international has made just one Serie A start this season, with Milan manager Vincenzo Montella looking to offload him during the next transfer window.

Tottenham, West Ham, and Southampton had all been linked to the midfielder, but a move to China is also likely, with several Chinese Super League clubs thought to be interested.
Not a chance that Poch will sign a 30 year old? in any case he'd go for an Angelo Maserati or Tito Ferrari first, and a Jurgen Audi or a Helmut Mercedes as a last resort before buying a Honda?

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Not a chance that Poch will sign a 30 year old? in any case he'd go for an Angelo Maserati or Tito Ferrari first, and a Jurgen Audi or a Helmut Mercedes as a last resort before buying a Honda?

Not so fast, have you not forgotten David Bentley?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Oh bentley,Honda,skoda......
I ll put in adel trabant and claim my £5

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Cheeky bid for Defoe?? Only kane and augero scored more in 2016

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Cheeky bid for Defoe?? Only kane and augero scored more in 2016
The little man is legend, one of my all time faves, still remember his goal as a sub against Joe Hart when we came back from 1-0 down to beat City 3-1 a few years ago now. But his time is done here now. He scored again today... hope he keeps Sunderland up. Total respect he can still do it.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham Hotspur's January transfer plans revealed by Mauricio Pochettino

With the January transfer just over three weeks away, Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino was asked if he was looking to do business in the mid-season window.

Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Erik Lamela, Eric Dier and Toby Alderweireld have all missed periods of the season through injury, with Spurs' strength in depth being questioned by some fans and media outlets as they went seven games without a win in all competitions during in October and November.

Pochettino has not brought many players in during the January transfer window previously, and he once again acknowledged that it is not the ideal time to bring in new players, pointing to the amount of Spurs players signing new contracts since the start of September as a sign of the club strengthening.

"January is always difficult to find the right profile to help you," explained the Argentine.
Always, when you bring players from outside, always, there is not too much time for that player to settle into your club and your philosophy, for many reasons.
It will be difficult to find the profile that can help us but the club is doing a very good job to extend contracts of key players.
That is how we can show our real ambition and how the players show their commitment with us, that's a bigger statement for the club, to show our ambition for the future."

Pochettino also revealed that the club will be looking for somebody to take on the role of Head of Recruitment, replacing Paul Mitchell who is still officially employed by the club.

"Paul Mitchell is still working for us. it's a normal process to find another person who can cope with his job in the future.
"It is true here at Tottenham we need to replace him. The club believe that, not only me."

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Berahino is available to sign pre-contract in january for a freebie in the summer,just saying ;),or do we still want Austin??

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Berahino is available to sign pre-contract in january for a freebie in the summer,just saying ;),or do we still want Austin??
I reckon Poch could still turn Berahino into a player and a useful back up for the right wing.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Not that we'll get him or even go after him but Redmond has impressed me this season

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Not that we'll get him or even go after him but Redmond has impressed me this season
Both Redmond and Zaha at Palace have been decent this season but to be honest I'm not bothered about signing someone in January unless they are really gonna make a big impact.