By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer watch (winter 2017/18)

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
................................."Danny Rose you say Jose?£80m mwahahaha

DNqp9JrWsAAfw_W.jpg

A place to put all transfer media made up jizz,cos I know some people like this stuff ;)

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Barcelona will move for Tottenham and Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen, 25, in January.

Don Balon, newspaper.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I don't disagree with the premise of this, but of course they don't name any possibilities that would be affordable. Also, for those of you who didn't see the game, the second photo in the story below is a very good summary:
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/engl...-veteran-savvy-to-break-out-of-stunning-slump

Tottenham's young squad could use experience, leadership amid slump

Inconsistency has always been the curse of the "next big thing" and Tottenham Hotspur are now discovering that there is a flip-side to beating Real Madrid and hitting four past Liverpool. Young players, coached by a relatively young manager, can ensure vibrancy and fearlessness but it is a combination that can also lead to naivety and a search for reassurance and leadership at times of turbulence.
The latter is the situation in which Mauricio Pochettino and his Spurs squad now find themselves after suffering four defeats in nine games since defeating Liverpool 4-1 at Wembley on Oct. 22, a run that it is largely down to inconsistency and their inability to win when playing poorly.

During that nine-game run, Spurs have hit the heights of securing Champions League victories against Real and Borussia Dortmund, but they have also lost at Manchester United and Arsenal, been eliminated from the Carabao Cup by struggling West Ham (after leading 2-0) and taken just two points from their last three leagues in a seemingly straightforward run of fixtures against West Brom, Leicester and Watford.

Back in October, after Liverpool had been swatted aside, Spurs appeared to be the most realistic challengers to Manchester City at the top of the Premier League but just six weeks later, they are down in sixth position, four points adrift of the top four.

i

Richard Heathcote/Getty Images
Aside from his two-goal display in the 3-1 win against Real, Dele Alli has been poor for Pochettino's team while Christian Eriksen has blown hot and cold. Harry Kane has scored just three goals in his last seven games and Pochettino's handling of Danny Rose -- selecting the England left-back one minute and dropping him from the squad the next -- hints at disharmony behind the scenes, which always becomes more apparent once results take a nosedive.

Spurs remain a team capable of beating any opponent on their day, and it would be foolish to dismiss their chances of winning at City on Dec 16, but their inconsistency is now beginning to cost them.

When former Liverpool captain Alan Hansen declared that "you can't win anything with kids," following a youthful Manchester United's 3-1 defeat at Aston Villa on the opening day of the 1995-96 season, his logic was was sound. Too many young players without the necessary experience around them will always struggle when results go awry, but United bounced back to win the League and FA Cup double that season because those kids -- David Beckham, Nicky Butt, Paul Scholes and the Neville brothers, Gary and Phil -- had the knowledge and experience of Peter Schmeichel, Eric Cantona, Gary Pallister, Steve Bruce and Brian McClair alongside them to provide guidance and leadership when times were hard.

They also had Sir Alex Ferguson as manager, a man with trophy-winning credentials and the authority that comes with silverware in the cabinet. So when the young players suffered dips in form, they were carried through them by the older heads and their "been there, done it" manager.

Now that Tottenham are struggling for results, however, who do the likes of Kane, Alli, Eric Dier and the rest turn to for advice, guidance and leadership?

Pochettino's job is to provide that as manager but he does not have the track record that Ferguson had at United. He is also going through the first big test of his reign as Spurs boss, meaning he has the dual task of winning his own battle and keeping the cool head required to pull his players from their slump.

i

Richard Heathcote/Getty Images
The history of the Premier League is littered with examples of managers using the knowledge and presence of an old head to carry younger players along, but Pochettino has continually resisted the opportunity to add a veteran to his squad. Jose Mourinho signed Zlatan Ibrahimovic at United 18 months ago in order to alleviate the goalscoring burden on youngsters Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial, knowing that the Sweden legend possessed the charisma and confidence to lead.

Ferguson signed Henrik Larsson to do a similar job at United 10 years ago, Gerard Houllier recruited Gary McAllister (in his mid-30s at the time) to add seniority to his young Liverpool team and even Arsene Wenger went down the experienced-player route by re-signing Thierry Henry on loan in 2012.

Pochettino's players do not have a "big brother" figure to turn to, however, and this is arguably the time that they need one the most. As a group of players, Spurs really do possess a team that has the ability to become the next big thing, but their recent run shows that they need a helping hand along the way. This is because the pattern beginning to form at Spurs is one of high promise followed by low delivery: the players are becoming accustomed to being told how good they are but without having anything to show for it at the end of the season.

A wise old head on the pitch, one who has come through the ups and downs of a career and won things along the way, would be able to help change the narrative. But if Pochettino remains reluctant to add that player to his squad, he will have to put them back on track on his own and find a way to end the age-old problem of young players being knocked off their stride by inconsistency.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
The Daily Star states:
"Manchester United and Tottenham are in the race to sign Real Madrid star Gareth Bale."

If they knew what kind of clause DL inserted in RM's contract to purchase Bale, they wouldn't print this crap.
Why "race" when we can simply let ManU bid for Bale & when RM agrees, we can just match it & we'll get him (IIRC).

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The Daily Star states:
"Manchester United and Tottenham are in the race to sign Real Madrid star Gareth Bale."

If they knew what kind of clause DL inserted in RM's contract to purchase Bale, they wouldn't print this crap.
Why "race" when we can simply let ManU bid for Bale & when RM agrees, we can just match it & we'll get him (IIRC).
the daily express claimed poch was going to swap kane for Bale :p

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Barcelona moving for Griezmann & we have consequently contacted Luis Suarez's people in case he is to be displaced by the move.

Highly unlikely but interesting.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Barcelona moving for Griezmann & we have consequently contacted Luis Suarez's people in case he is to be displaced by the move.

Suarez is a tit.. Well actually he was. Seems a bit less bitey lately lol, but imagine

----------Lloris
Trips-toby-vert-davies
--------wanyama
-------Eriksen-alli
Son----kane----suarez

And that's just one of our options!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member

...I hear we have also contacted Ronaldo's people and Messi's people....?? and Bales's people...??

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Not that they'd sell him to us, but would you take David Luiz? I personally hate they guy but he could certainly help us a lot. Sure I'd feel dirty about it, but I'd get over it if we won. Does make you feel icky though.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
The Southampton bloke Van Dijk's a possibility, but do we need another CB? I'm guessing Toby and Jan have 2 more years and we've bought Foyth, Sanchez (CCV) for the future as well as cover with Dier and Davies.

Anyone who thinks Dier can't play centre back wasn't at the Palace home game this year. He's almost as good as Vertonghen.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The Southampton bloke Van Dijk's a possibility, but do we need another CB? I'm guessing Toby and Jan have 2 more years and we've bought Foyth, Sanchez (CCV) for the future as well as cover with Dier and Davies.

Anyone who thinks Dier can't play centre back wasn't at the Palace home game this year. He's almost as good as Vertonghen.
But Dier is not brilliant 100% of the time, so how can we keep him? He has to go. If only we had got rid of that Kane fella when we had the chance and everyone knows that Winks is shite, Davies and Trippier are 'inadequate' and Son is only any good as an impact sub. What fucking total bollocks some cunts talk eh? Uppity fuckers I reckon.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Luis Fucking Suarez......!!!!! FUCK CLEAN OFF.

That is one player I would 100% not support. He is an utter cunt of the highest calibre.

David luiz is also a pipe dream (another player I don't like). I can see him replacing Mascherano (fuck knows if that's how you spell it).

The way I see the squad right now is fractured. I am 100% behind the Poch and I think any of those turncoat fucks who believe they are bigger than the team (yes I'm looking at YOU Rose you snakey little fuck) need to be replaced in the summer be it from within (U23's are utter jank at the min though so the conveyer belt seems to be broken) or proven quality.

Belief, workrate, drive and passion... every week pleaee.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
holy fucking moly

Southampton centre-back Virgil van Dijk will join Liverpool when the transfer window re-opens on 1 January in a world record £75m deal.

It means ;Since 2014 Liverpool have given Southampton £184 million for players.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Apparently Cameron Carter Vickers is doing a lot of good things at Sheffield United as well. Liverpool should really start an academy ha ha ha

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
75 mil for a long term injured player with about 6 months prem experience. Insane!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
75 mil for a long term injured player with about 6 months prem experience. Insane!
desperate springs to mind,klopp suffers like wenger from not being able to organise a defence properly.Its not personnel as such,neither arsenal or liverpool defend as a team,pool and arse fans can go on all they like about ozil and coutinio being better than eriksen (is the norm),throwing stats around,assists,goals (all very even btw) but fail like klopp&wenger to mention distance run,interceptions,tackles and importantly being goal side at the right time.Eriksen does all the ugly stuff as well as creatively.
You can stick baresi,beckenbauer in their defence but when an attack is on if its 4 against 4 because your midfield isnt digging in,I dont care who is at the back you will concede a lot against quality PL attacks.Besides they still have 2 clowns to choose between in goal.They also really dont have a DM of any worth,i think defensively they will still struggle with these issues still there.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
desperate springs to mind,klopp suffers like wenger from not being able to organise a defence properly.Its not personnel as such,neither arsenal or liverpool defend as a team,pool and arse fans can go on all they like about ozil and coutinio being better than eriksen (is the norm),throwing stats around,assists,goals (all very even btw) but fail like klopp&wenger to mention distance run,interceptions,tackles and importantly being goal side at the right time.Eriksen does all the ugly stuff as well as creatively.
You can stick baresi,beckenbauer in their defence but when an attack is on if its 4 against 4 because your midfield isnt digging in,I dont care who is at the back you will concede a lot against quality PL attacks.Besides they still have 2 clowns to choose between in goal.They also really dont have a DM of any worth,i think defensively they will still struggle with these issues still there.

Carragher from the bits I could understand said exactly that. he would hate to play for Liverpool now because the defense is blamed for goals against except it can be two centre backs standing there against a counter attack because the rest of the team are attackers.

Have always said that about arsenal. Although a team in decline a bit now for the majority of seasons with them sitting top 4 they were only a DM away from being great, but wenger will never change his choon now about what a team should look like in this more demanding era of football. I mean why would he he's about 90. They looked alot better last night though with Wilshire back in amongst it. That's a close to a DM as they will get.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
what gives me so little confidence in any truth Sky Sports News understands.

I dont think with Kane,janssen and Llorente on the books,as well as Son,dele as makeshift strikers,we would consider a striker at this stage??Yes we need a good back up or compliment to Kane,but january and where we are now isnt the time or priority imo.With Rose`s impending departure,dembele&Lamela`s injury records,i would think a LB or AM more likely,and even then,notoriously tricky time to prise players from clubs.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Can't help but think we do need a fresh face in the centre of the park/squad to liven things up. Don't have to be an unearthed gem maybe even a strong experienced leader type to help Kane motivate the squad.

Who in Europe is that vocal leader who throw some fucks into these lads who think they are the bitches clit without ever winning a trophy. What type of player could drive us up through the gears and bring us some silverware.... but also where and who's place do they occupy.........?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
According to Poch in his book, we never had any intention of signing anyone last year in january. It wouldn't surprise me if it were the same now. Danny Rose/Luke Shaw swap +£20m or similar maybe. Who else is there?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
According to Poch in his book, we never had any intention of signing anyone last year in january. It wouldn't surprise me if it were the same now. Danny Rose/Luke Shaw swap +£20m or similar maybe. Who else is there?
sessegnon!!