By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer watch (winter 2017/18)

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Why haven't we bidded for Sanchez?

1. He is a top player.
2. He is prem proven.
3. He is going for peanuts.
4. It'd piss the scum off a treat.
5. Even if we didn't want him it would push up the asking price and wages for whoever did buy him.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

1. He is a top player.
2. He is prem proven.
5. Even if we didn't want him it would push up the asking price and wages for whoever did buy him.
I reckon wages at +300k a week and like Barclay on top of a cheap transfer fee of £20m another £5m is quoted as going to his agent.But yes I`d start a rumour just to boil some more goon piss.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

1. He is a top player.
2. He is prem proven.
On second thoughts,if yanited sign sanchez wouldnt it be the perfect time to go after martial or rashford?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Yep what ever we pretended to want to spend on the goon we could actually splash on Rashford

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
On second thoughts,if yanited sign sanchez wouldnt it be the perfect time to go after martial or rashford?
Martial has just scored a good goal for United, he's black, French and plays on the left with a turn of speed.....it's a done deal surely??

Apologies for repetition...

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse

1. He is a top player.
2. He is prem proven.

Arsenal could have sold Sanchez a few months ago to ManC for £60M & gotten Malcom for £18M.
Yet now, they'll get £35M for Sanchez from an inebriated ManU & will have to dish out £40M for Malcom.

Yes, they're doing things right over there.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
PEA has supposedly handed in a transfer request

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Wow the little fuckwit is going to Everton...£20m

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Interesting,very interesting.....

Current top six teams with players due to be out of contract in the next 18 months:
- Manchester United: 15
- Arsenal: 12
- Liverpool: 6
- Chelsea: 5
- Tottenham Hotspur/Man City: 4

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Malcolm to us is lighting up the gossip columns right now. I know very little about him but there’s enough ppl are saying he’s a very exciting prospecting, which is enough to get me relatively excited with a hint of apprehension involved.

Get him, Kluivert and Sessegnon in the next 6 months and keep hold of our big hitters and i’ll be a very happy bunny!

Boone

Boone

Player in Training.
Heard a lot of good things about Malcom, yet to see him play though.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Malcom or Moura?
According to stories, we are close to signing both but we'll probably only sign one.
Who would you take if you could only pick one?

Both are very exciting players with plenty of technical ability & speed.
I felt Malcom, being 5 years younger, may have a bigger upside. Still feel he relies too much on his left foot (or is not very strong with his right) much like Lamela.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Malcom or Moura?
According to stories, we are close to signing both but we'll probably only sign one.
Who would you take if you could only pick one?

Both are very exciting players with plenty of technical ability & speed.
I felt Malcom, being 5 years younger, may have a bigger upside. Still feel he relies too much on his left foot (or is not very strong with his right) much like Lamela.

Fuck it, why not take ‘em both!

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
If this Malcolm stuff is true then it's a bold statement by Levy and Co. Over 30 mil for a 20yr old is quite hefty. Will be very encouraging if this comes off.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Re: Malcom

Gus Poyet now in as Bordeaux manager.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Frankly I will be suprised if we sign anyone this window who comes in immediatly,maybe sessegnon for end of season?or another young player.But people melting down (not here but on social media) arent really understanding what a mid-season transfer window is about.
If you are buying now or chasing buying someone actively then you are a club in a bad situation with your league position or ambitions,or when we reached september you had made an error in assessing key areas of your team,thats team starting personnel not squad.Like liverpool with van dickhead.I think most people saw city and liverpool`s (arsenal`s too) achilles heel being defence.Now city spent big on 2 RBs,keeper and a LB,liverpool and wenger did what exactly in that regard? a freebie signing for arsenal and sold a CB.And even though liverpool still havent fully addressed the defensive side of the team with VVD IMO, they had to do something,not sure i think it will change much,as delightful as they can be attacking its still defending that will cost them in the end.Arsenal are just looking to replace what they will lose this window,united yes sanchez will improve the team,but where does this leave rashford,martial,lindgard.Its almost a spiteful signing to piss off pep and wenger rather than what they need.

So whilst we are in a hard race for top 4 no doubt,who would we take out of the team and replace ?(if we say sissoko isnt really a starting player).With our current wage structure and starting XI I just dont see an incoming player.Except if we do possibly gamble on what we dont have,which is a pacey winger,but its gonna be a lot of money for something we havent really used since the days of Lennon.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Frankly I will be suprised if we sign anyone this window who comes in immediatly,maybe sessegnon for end of season?or another young player.But people melting down (not here but on social media) arent really understanding what a mid-season transfer window is about.
If you are buying now or chasing buying someone actively then you are a club in a bad situation with your league position or ambitions,or when we reached september you had made an error in assessing key areas of your team,thats team starting personnel not squad.Like liverpool with van dickhead.I think most people saw city and liverpool`s (arsenal`s too) achilles heel being defence.Now city spent big on 2 RBs,keeper and a LB,liverpool and wenger did what exactly in that regard? a freebie signing for arsenal and sold a CB.And even though liverpool still havent fully addressed the defensive side of the team with VVD IMO, they had to do something,not sure i think it will change much,as delightful as they can be attacking its still defending that will cost them in the end.Arsenal are just looking to replace what they will lose this window,united yes sanchez will improve the team,but where does this leave rashford,martial,lindgard.Its almost a spiteful signing to piss off pep and wenger rather than what they need.

So whilst we are in a hard race for top 4 no doubt,who would we take out of the team and replace ?(if we say sissoko isnt really a starting player).With our current wage structure and starting XI I just dont see an incoming player.Except if we do possibly gamble on what we dont have,which is a pacey winger,but its gonna be a lot of money for something we havent really used since the days of Lennon.
The thing is that we don't know very much about what Poch is thinking, ie this apparent obsession with a left side pacy winger. We (or at least I) also didn't know that we needed Wanyama, but he's definitely strengthened the squad, or Sanchez at £38m (with CCV and Wimmer - who's been found out a bit at Stoke). I agree with you that there aren't many obvious replace X with Y, but i bet if Levy gave Poch man city's transfer budget and £200k+ a week in wages Poch would find 3 to replace. Perhaps Son, Davies (assuming Rose is gone) Trippier? Sissoko obviously, but even Dembele or Winks maybe.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
The thing is that we don't know very much about what Poch is thinking, ie this apparent obsession with a left side pacy winger. We (or at least I) also didn't know that we needed Wanyama, but he's definitely strengthened the squad, or Sanchez at £38m (with CCV and Wimmer - who's been found out a bit at Stoke). I agree with you that there aren't many obvious replace X with Y, but i bet if Levy gave Poch man city's transfer budget and £200k+ a week in wages Poch would find 3 to replace. Perhaps Son, Davies (assuming Rose is gone) Trippier? Sissoko obviously, but even Dembele or Winks maybe.

So this begs the question if I were looking to upgrade any three, who would it be? How could we strengthen the squad. At the moment I'd just like another Eriksen clone so we could rest him as and when needed. Who this player is I have no idea!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Seemed like a good place to post this, as it speaks to our need for squad depth. Apparently the 99 subsitutions Poch has made in the PL this season have given us precisely one goal and one assist. For some time now, we've discussed the fact that Poch lacks the attacking resources to change games. A lot of the article is contradictory, as it's critical of Poch's decisions as well as pointing out the lack of game-changers, but the stats are pretty damning (or at least I guess they are, won't be bothered to compare to those of other teams)

http://www.football365.com/news/pochettino-has-99-tottenham-problems-his-substitutions

Reactions: Yid
Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
So this begs the question if I were looking to upgrade any three, who would it be? How could we strengthen the squad. At the moment I'd just like another Eriksen clone so we could rest him as and when needed. Who this player is I have no idea!

Probs

Rose - for anyone
Sissoko - for anything that stands vertically...

That's about it really..

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I'm not bothered that it's Alexis Sanchez or that he's gone to Mourinho United really, I just think that it's absolutely obscene that a footballer is earning (allegedly) around £500,000 a week.

I'm not going to do the maths in comparative numbers of how many teachers, doctors, nurses etc. or anyone else that delivers for society on a daily basis, and does a job lasting at least 8 hours a day at least 5 days a week. I just think it's gone way too far and although it's ridiculously ironic I'm glad City thought he was too expensive.

I hope he's a massive failure.

Reactions: Yid
J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I'm not bothered that it's Alexis Sanchez or that he's gone to Mourinho United really, I just think that it's absolutely obscene that a footballer is earning (allegedly) around £500,000 a week.

I'm not going to do the maths in comparative numbers of how many teachers, doctors, nurses etc. or anyone else that delivers for society on a daily basis, and does a job lasting at least 8 hours a day at least 5 days a week. I just think it's gone way too far and although it's ridiculously ironic I'm glad City thought he was too expensive.

In addition to all this, he will almost definitely keep a very promising young player (whether its one of the two English boys or Martial) out of the regular starting XI. Yet again, rather than coaching talent, Mourinho is spunking money around.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

In a side that had besides Mick O`tarian,rashford,martial,lindgard,mata in a similar vein,is it that difference a making signing?Three of the aforementioned are very young,wonder what it will do to their mindset once they start sitting on the bench even more and shown to be untrusted by the manager.
Problem for united is now thats the benchmark for their wages,they have something like 15 players out of contract before now and end of next season in 18mths time,negotiate that if you can.
Has he made the difference to a side failing more&more every year?does he do his share of the dirty work defending?has he sulked and disappeared even tho wenger has been his fluffer in chief for 3 years.Surely you`d only give a peak messi or ronaldo that kind of money??not a dog nonce mercenary.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid

Sanchez is football's biggest mercenary. He makes both Adebayor and Zlatan look like choirboys in the money-grabbing stakes.

Absolute pig and United are welcome to him.

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
I don't think we will bring anyone in this window but I've been thinking about what position/s I'd like to see strengthened and what we have been rumoured with looking at.

Left Back
I don't think it'll happen till the Summer now but I'm all for Rose going and bringing in a young LB replacement. I think Sessegnon will turn out to be a Bale situation where he is more effective further up the field but still a season as LB deputy to Davies and then possibly move him up and get another LB would be fine by me.

Centre Mid
It's a shame about Winks' injury of late as I think this season would have been perfect to see if he has a long-term future at the club playing as a starter for us. With an in form and fit Dembele we look very strong in the middle of the park with one of Dier or Wanyama next to him. But his injury problems are no secret and with his age and contract ending next Summer (I believe?) I think we need to start to be bedding in his replacement for the next few years. Is Winks that? I'm not so sure - not because I don't rate him or think he can have success in the squad, I just think we should bring a good CM in and challenge Winks to be better than said player.

LW/RW
We have enough bodies for this position at present and so I would think that it would be reliant on someone leaving unless that is why N'Koudou left on loan - Sissoko to go please? I'm not overly sold on the Malcolm and Moura links. I just don't see either happening. I'd be more keen on Moura personally of the two, Malcolm is still very raw for the price tags being rumoured. Not sure what other options are out there of quality though! Also, if we end up going back to 3 at the back when Toby returns you'd have Alli, Eriksen, Son, Lamela, (New Player) and Sissoko fighting it out for just 2 positions. Plus N'Koudou potentially after the Summer if he shines at Burnley. If we will largely stick with the 4-2-3-1 then yeah I can see a space for another bod, still would prefer to get Sissoko off the books in the process though if someone would have him ha.

So overall I don't see a winger or LB coming in unless we sell one. I know his return to fitness has changed the urgency a lot but out of all the positions I would still like to see a new CM to rival Dembele/Winks and to partner Wanyama/Dier. I trust Poch 100% though and whatever he feels we need best I'll support!

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
At the moment I'd just like another Eriksen clone so we could rest him as and when needed. Who this player is I have no idea!
I agree with this but I still think that Lamela can be that person.

Unfortunately with Sissoko being a waste of time (sorry, just can't help it) and us reverting back to 3 attacking midfielders behind Kane, Lamela is our only decent option as a substitute for all 3 of Son, Alli and Eriksen. With Alli's form being up and down and Son being the high energy player he is, it normally ends up that Lamela replaces one of those.