By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer watch (winter 2017/18)

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Maybe the Toby, Lamela and Wanyama injuries have forced us back into that formation and hence different roles. With everybody back soon, it will be interesting to see if Poch reverts to 3 at the back, which I think he prefers and saw us scoring a lot of goals last year, whilst more solid defensively.

Southampton found a weakness behind Aurier last Sunday, three at the back would have helped.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Maybe the Toby, Lamela and Wanyama injuries have forced us back into that formation and hence different roles. With everybody back soon, it will be interesting to see if Poch reverts to 3 at the back, which I think he prefers and saw us scoring a lot of goals last year, whilst more solid defensively.

Southampton found a weakness behind Aurier last Sunday, three at the back would have helped.

I think the 3 at the back works well like this

------toby--------vert------
Trips-------dier------davies

Where dier drops in during an attack as the wingbacks bomb on and in defense he comes into CM. With wanyama fit that is, playing with Dembele it's a formidable side to break through. Trouble is you have to leave out Sanchez and son/alli some of the time, unless you drop wanyama/dembele and install Eriksen. Come to think of it that would be epic!

-----------Lloris----------
-----dembele--eriksen-----
Alli--------kane-------son

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Come to think of it that would be epic!

-----------Lloris----------
-----dembele--eriksen-----
Alli--------kane-------son

If we played that team we would end up winning or losing 7-4 every week!!

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
If we played that team we would end up winning or losing 7-4 every week!!

Makes it exciting!!

Although take out son and push Eriksen forward and add wanyama and thats the formation that busted teams up alot of last season.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
but i bet if Levy gave Poch man city's transfer budget and £200k+ a week in wages Poch would find 3 to replace. Perhaps Son, Davies (assuming Rose is gone) Trippier? Sissoko obviously, but even Dembele or Winks maybe.
Son....!!! Nah I reckon Poch loves him... i fucking do. Davies and Trips maybe... again I can't see many better but I don't especially look.
Who is this Rose you talk of....?
I think Unfortunately Dembeles days are numbered. That hip keeps playing up... how the fuck do you replace Dembele? Sisoko is stealing a living IMO.

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
Lucas Moura’s agent due to meet with Napoli according to Sky Sports.

Again, I’d be really surprised if we signed anyone this window. So long as we strengthen in the Summer and don’t sell any first teamers this window or in the Summer I’m all good personally. My one hope is we are proactive and not reactive in terms of replacing people whether it be due to a sale (ie Sissoko or Rose) or a players decline, be it ability or physically (ie Dembele).

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
If we wanted a young talented. Ack up to Harry Kane with PL experience, that isn't Rashford, because he won't leave the United gravy train, is seriously pursue Kelechi Iheanacho. He was good at City a couple of years ago and he's still good, hungry and talented as Vardy's understudy at Leicester. Seems to make far more sense than an aging Llorente?

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
In terms of marquee signings, Arse's Auba trumps our Moura.
But in terms of direct effect, I believe we will benefit more with Moura than they will with Auba.

Moura brings pace, skill, & that dynamic that few players possess.
He has also played on the same side as Aurier. They already have an understanding of one another.
Poch's approach is measured. He knows what he needs & who can bring it.

Auba has talent but he also brings plenty of baggage & a me first approach.
It was a fragmented team with Sanchez in there & I do think that Auba will magnify those exposed cracks.

Fingers crossed.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Shock swap.

Llorente for Batshuayi

Unlikely but I would welcome it.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Reckon Aubamayang has changed his mind yet after watching the goons get humped at Swansea?

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Reckon Aubamayang has changed his mind yet after watching the goons get humped at Swansea?

If he's got any brains at all he'd be running a mile. They were putrid this morning and word is that Henrikh Mkhitaryan is already looking for a summer move.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
If he's got any brains at all he'd be running a mile. They were putrid this morning and word is that Henrikh Mkhitaryan is already looking for a summer move.

Highly doubt that, but wouldn’t it be funny if he forces his way out.

Let’s not forget wenger’s usual late season run in form and collecting a ton of points

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Highly doubt that, but wouldn’t it be funny if he forces his way out.

Let’s not forget wenger’s usual late season run in form and collecting a ton of points

My tongue was only partially in my cheek with that one. ;)

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I only saw the 'highlights' but their miserable, wet faces, at the end, were hilarious especially Ozil, who was off down the tunnel as fast as possible. He'll be gone soon as well. The only saving grace for him was that the conditions were perfect for anyone who looks like a fish.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I only saw the 'highlights' but their miserable, wet faces, at the end, were hilarious especially Ozil, who was off down the tunnel as fast as possible. He'll be gone soon as well. The only saving grace for him was that the conditions were perfect for anyone who looks like a fish.
i saw they had aubemayang at the training ground,it was the only way they could prevent him watching the match!!

Boone

Boone

Player in Training.
Aubameyang is pretty much Lacazette but a bit better. Doubt it will go far toward fixing their problems.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Aubameyang is pretty much Lacazette but a bit better. Doubt it will go far toward fixing their problems.
It will if he can also be a creative midfielder, two centre back's and a goalkeeper :p

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
That's the thing... just had a "discussion" with a good who said they cashbpush on now they have a 100 million quid striker.

Ermmmmmm.

You already had one... potentially a 150 million quid one who knew your team and the way they played..

You need some defenders.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
In terms of marquee signings, Arse's Auba trumps our Moura.
But in terms of direct effect, I believe we will benefit more with Moura than they will with Auba.

Moura brings pace, skill, & that dynamic that few players possess.
He has also played on the same side as Aurier. They already have an understanding of one another.
Poch's approach is measured. He knows what he needs & who can bring it.

Auba has talent but he also brings plenty of baggage & a me first approach.
It was a fragmented team with Sanchez in there & I do think that Auba will magnify those exposed cracks.

Fingers crossed.

While I like this sentiment auboomerang is linking up with his buddy mkhitaryan who by all accounts had a pretty lethal partnership at dortmund, coupled with the fact as lazy as ozil may be he will pick out some killer balls for that quick little fucker to pounce on. So will Wilshire. Make no mistake that is a brilliant window for arsenal. Still though they may be more fluent up front but they leak like a sieve at the back!

Moura on the other hand won't even be a starter for us. Good signing though and I'll be happy if it comes off (still haven't seen anything official) as it gives us another option.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
That's the thing... just had a "discussion" with a good who said they cashbpush on now they have a 100 million quid striker.

Ermmmmmm.

You already had one... potentially a 150 million quid one who knew your team and the way they played..

You need some defenders.
Nooooo! They are so funny, don't break up the best comedy team since the Pythons!

I am not complaining but isn't it just a little bit mental to let go the 3 players who scored 46 of their 77 PL goals last season? Sanchez - 24, Giro 12, Walcock 10. Ok so they have got Lacazette who can get a couple and Amamabangagang has scored loads in Germany, but he might be total pony in the PL - oooh I hope so, that would be really funny. There have been a few players who have done well moving from Germany, Debruyne and Sane is turning into a top PL player, but for fucks sake this bloke is going to the fucking goons, how can he shine under the old Wanger Wanker? ! I see it ending badly. Deep joy!

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
While I like this sentiment auboomerang is linking up with his buddy mkhitaryan who by all accounts had a pretty lethal partnership at dortmund, coupled with the fact as lazy as ozil may be he will pick out some killer balls for that quick little fucker to pounce on. So will Wilshire. Make no mistake that is a brilliant window for arsenal. Still though they may be more fluent up front but they leak like a sieve at the back!

Moura on the other hand won't even be a starter for us. Good signing though and I'll be happy if it comes off (still haven't seen anything official) as it gives us another option.

Some good points about their attack & reuniting Mhiki & OhBangAYank but my point about the latter still stands. He's admitted to the BVB fans that he's "crazy" & "likes the high life" & "overindulgence" so who knows what he'll be up to in London after dark. Don't consider him a team player either.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Plenty of deluded Spurs fans crying out for us to sign Mahrez. As if we would shell out over 65M + a player for him.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
All the talk of Ryan Sessegnon has gone quiet the last couple of weeks.

And what's the hold up on announcing the Moura deal?

Who knows what's going on in the background. May be a shuffle in the last few hours.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Yeh Sissoko to Newcastle for £50m (All upfront),come on Levy pull your finger out man!

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Some good points about their attack & reuniting Mhiki & OhBangAYank but my point about the latter still stands. He's admitted to the BVB fans that he's "crazy" & "likes the high life" & "overindulgence" so who knows what he'll be up to in London after dark. Don't consider him a team player either.

Yeah maybe you are right and he will be a party till he drops kind of guy, but that's a wait and see for me. Team player. Well we are kind of lucky in the regard with Kane in that he performs the role of a forward defensive line but not alot of forwards do.

See what happens really. Like I said I'm glad we got Moura he gives us an option we lack but he won't break in to our first team this season I don't believe where as I believe abackyardgangbang will play a vital role in arsenals season.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
DU8nRJ5X4AA4kBq.jpg

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Caulker signs for Dundee
Former Spurs, Cardiff and QPR defender Steven Caulker has signed for Dundee.

The 26-year-old, capped once by England in 2012, left QPR last December by mutual consent.

Last year, he spoke publicly about his struggles off the field with depression, gambling and alcohol addiction.