By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer Window Summer 21/22

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
I can't get misty eyed over Sissoko's departure like a lot of people i've seen around the web. Suddenly they're sad that he's gone and waxing lyrical over how good he was.

He was as clumsy as fuck and couldn't hit a barn door from 10 paces most of the time. I remember one game in particular when he broke clear with the ball and ran towards the opposition goal. I'm sitting there screaming "For fuck's sake pass the fucking ball!" but no, he had to shoot and absolutely tanked it.

I shudder to think what my neighbour thought about the string of expletives that came out of my mouth at that point.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I can't get misty eyed over Sissoko's departure like a lot of people i've seen around the web. Suddenly they're sad that he's gone and waxing lyrical over how good he was.

He was as clumsy as fuck and couldn't hit a barn door from 10 paces most of the time. I remember one game in particular when he broke clear with the ball and ran towards the opposition goal. I'm sitting there screaming "For fuck's sake pass the fucking ball!" but no, he had to shoot and absolutely tanked it.

I shudder to think what my neighbour thought about the string of expletives that came out of my mouth at that point.
Same.... he was akin to a Chimbonda type figure... grafted, was a professional but ultimately didn't have what was needed to be a top level player. How the man has international trophies I can't fucking fathom... World and European Cup winner I think...!

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I can't disagree about his lack of skill on the ball as @Yid said, he has been a consummate pro & was seemingly well liked & respected within the team. But I'll go out on a limb & say that we all commend him on his resolve to work through the abysmal start he had at Spurs to become an integral part of the team that made it to the CL Final.

Shame about that handball but that speaks more about Mane's character.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Looks like fatty is going to stay ..

We need Santa to work some of his Christmas magic on him I suppose. If he can make Dier and Sanchez look like decent defenders in such a short space of time, who's to say he can't convince NDombele to put down the pies and start playing ?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Looks like fatty is going to stay ..

We need Santa to work some of his Christmas magic on him I suppose. If he can make Dier and Sanchez look like decent defenders in such a short space of time, who's to say he can't convince NDombele to put down the pies and start playing ?
I'd rather he put one of his elves in a shirt and sent him out for 30 minutes each week...

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
£200,000 a fucking week NFatBelly will earn doing fuck all, £10.4 fucking million pounds a year, that would take 330 years to earn if you were on the average UK salary. He has got 4 more years on his contract so he could earn steal another £41.6m. Fair play to the bloke, if I could get a tenth of that, or a hundredth, or a fucking thousandth of that for fuck all work I would sign up immediately. Nobody is going to sign him even if Levy drops the price, who is going to pay a lazy fat fucker that sort of money? Am I Bitter? Yep, very.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

We’ve apparently agreed a fee with Barcelona for Emerson Royal and Koeman has given his blessing for him to leave but the player doesn’t want to go anywhere.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Tons of tweets and stories just now that Emerson Royal has been convinced and he’s on his way.

Rather amusingly, it’s said that The Scum put in a bid and he’s chosen us over them.

Apparently Adama Traore is alleged to have brought in Jorge Mendes to try and broker a deal so he can join us as well.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
So is it safe to assume that all the ITK stuff about adding a striker regardless of Kane are bunk? Don't want to jump the gun or anything.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

With all the talk about the comings and goings, it does seem that talk of another striker was wide of the mark.

Apparently a decision has been made “at board level” that nFatbele is now staying at the club as nobody has met the £60m valuation

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
You'd think the French captain would hold some.sway with him but apparently not. He's making himself worthless. 3 different managers have felt the same about him.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
We've missed out again! remember when so many strange people said he was the bloke, the player who would lift us up where we belonged, and....

That he would be our hero?
He was everything we wish he would be
We could have flown higher than an eagle
For he would have been the wind beneath our wings

Too late, no use crying now, he's gone:

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Emerson Royal - done. Is he good? Betis fans say yes, Barcelona fans according to some of the local press say no, but as he has only played 3 games for them what do them Barca Spaniels know? Seems like a feisty bugger, 9 yellows and a red last season, 11 yellows and 3 reds the season before - eeeek! I expect we'll he'll be missing a game or two.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Emerson Royal - done. Is he good? Betis fans say yes, Barcelona fans according to some of the local press say no, but as he has only played 3 games for them what do them Barca Spaniels know? Seems like a feisty bugger, 9 yellows and a red last season, 11 yellows and 3 reds the season before - eeeek! I expect we'll he'll be missing a game or two.
No idea who he is....

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

His release clause from Barcelona was £300m when he joined them two years ago and he was widely expected to re-up with them to 2026 only recently.

If he’s as good as his stats imply, we’ve pulled off a bit of a coup I think.

Just breaking now that Aurier is in talks to be released from his contract with immediate effect as well.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Confirmed - Aurier is gone thanks to a mutual termination

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Hard to tell how the window's worked out for us.

Some deadwood gone and some promising players coming in. The one player who i really wanted gone, was Winks but likely stuck with him for at least another year. The one defender i probably would've kept for another year, was Toby but he's gone, now left with the 2 guys i did want gone, in Sanchez and Dier but although early doors, they've acquitted themselves pretty well this season, especially Davinson, so we'll wait and see how that plays out. Don't know much about Romero, obviously he was great out in Italy but remains to be seen how he gets on in the pl.

LB still light if Reggie gets injured, know very little about Royal, other than he likes to get forward and looks a prospect. Pissed we didn't get a ball playing mid, it's only been 3 years we've been crying our for one, and still fucking nothing. If only we could get that fat lazy fucker on the pitch and motivated, then we could be a real handful, coz we have some seriously dangerous weapons up top. Saying that, we've lost 26 goals from last season, in Bale and Vinny gone, so not getting a back up striker could come back to bite us, if we get injuries to Sonny and Harry at some point, which is likely.

Gil, i really like and think he could take over from Alli in the starting XI, although Alli's worked hard and showing some kind of form, i don't think he's anywhere near the player he was a few years back, seems to lose the ball a lot, and i think Gil could offer more creativity and energy. We're decent on the counter but breaking teams down that sit deep, has been a bit of a weakness of ours for a while. The front 3 aren't particularly great at finding space and their interplay can be really shit at times, so to get that width with Reggie and Royal could help enormously and with Gil behind them might create a bit more panic in teams that sit back.

The new signings are promising and if they hit the ground running and Tanguy can pull his finger out, then we could be pretty decent this season. Would love to have seen Levy go guns out and get Traore and Neves, ho hum!

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
When he was good, he was really good.
But now that he's gone it's better.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Thank fuck it's over. I am not unhappy about the players we have brought in, we have had a lot, lot worse under Mr Buyrite. I am not bothered that NFatBelly is still with us, we might need him later in the season and it is in his own interests to start putting a shift in if he wants anybody to pay his stupid salary when he goes next season. It makes me laugh when people say 'we' have to pay his salary or 'we' could have bought player 'x' with that money cos at the end of the day it's all about Slappy Mc Slaphead and he will make wheelbarrow loads of money whatever,

Nuno (NAC) Santa Claus has to now build a superteam from our young players because he can't rely on Kane, Sonny and Lloris being around next year, if Sonny has another marvellous season he will be in the same sort of demand as H and Lloris could lose his mojo, like goalkeepers do at any time - I am itchy about only having Gollini (on loan) as a number two keeper, Lloris does daft things sometimes and he is always an inch or two away from a red card.

I hope he can rebuild Dele and WInks, I hope he can get something out of NDombele, maybe some of the players returning from loan will turn out to be the very bollocks of the dog - Clarke, Sessegnon and Skippy.. Japhet already looks good, Bergwijn, Sanchez and Dier all look better than last season which to be fair isn't that difficult because they were pony.

Back into transition, I think we have been here before, it could be th estart of something great or it could be a total fuckup, I'm going for great.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I think that's quite fair. I've seen him in games where he's been brilliant, but he's also been an absolute liability.
His head and his feet are often playing different games...

For me, I'm glad he gone and won't miss his brain fart bullshit... anotherone who has almost the ingredients to be a worldie... but not quite.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Let's see how the Emersonian new day pans out. I've heard he's really good, but lacks recovery pace. Not sure how that works in today's game.