By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer window winter 20/21

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Well he's a good runner and has a lot of experience and used to be able to take a fee kick, corners and tackling not so much.........good alternative to Lo Celso/Dele
His ability to play a quicker through ball could be vital if we're gonna be playing a lot of counter attacking footbal.l

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Hard to see where even an in-form Eriksen would fit in the team as it's currently set up.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Hard to see where even an in-form Eriksen would fit in the team as it's currently set up.
Don't think there is such a thing anymore, but a Ragged Glory vintage Eriksen might do a job. Wouldn't replace anyone in our preferred XI, but might get a fair few minutes after the hour replacing, um, somebody or other.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
He could keep Bale company - does he play golf?
Good comparison, I think.

Eriksen is one of my favorite players to ever wear the shirt, but to paraphrase a great American author (yes, there are a few of us who can read and write) once wrote, "you can't go home again." On the one hand, it's probably harmless to bring him back--like Bale, he seems to be a nice fellow to have around. He might even be decent for us. But if it's just for a squad role, isn't it better for the future of the club* to fill that role with one of these young players these guys on social media keep telling me are good? Or, God forbid, Dele?

The counterpoint I guess is that he's younger than Bale and maybe feels like he has something to prove, not having quite as many European trophies on his CV. But it feels a bit like Robbie Keane's return from Liverpool to me: OK, but meh.

*Our manager, of course, is well-known for always looking out for the future of his club.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member

Flip if we got Eriksen back in form id have him over Bergwijn in a heartbeat. Not as good at tackling but just as energetic and 100 times more useful in the final third.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
After seeing the amount of games we could potentially play, I genuinely think a player of his ilk off the bench or even in the odd game where others need rotating.... is a no brianer for just the wages...

Our squad would be better for having him.... and dare I say it Bale too... for a season until we (as J says above) sign keener, younger, hungrier players.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
He'd be a useful squad player and back-up/instead of playmaker for Tanguy N'Dombele. he is a good worker and runner so Maureen will like that and used to be able to take a free kick. Tackling and corners not so much. He certainly has PL experience and is/was a quality player.

Think it would all depend on price, wages and his attitude. Loan is most likely?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I think having someone who maybe isn't 100% the best player can be a good idea. Bobby Soldado was great for team moral and mentoring younger players but sadly the goals just would not come. I would rather have 1 Bob The Soldier than 100 Ratfishboys (or anyone else, no matter how talented they are who really doesn't give a fuck). I don't know if Gareth is arsed at the moment, I would like to think he is, and I think the rest of the team have a lot of time for him, Christine the Viking gave not a flying fuck in his last year at the club, so no thanks.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I think having someone who maybe isn't 100% the best player can be a good idea. Bobby Soldado was great for team moral and mentoring younger players but sadly the goals just would not come. I would rather have 1 Bob The Soldier than 100 Ratfishboys (or anyone else, no matter how talented they are who really doesn't give a fuck). I don't know if Gareth is arsed at the moment, I would like to think he is, and I think the rest of the team have a lot of time for him, Christine the Viking gave not a flying fuck in his last year at the club, so no thanks.
I'm with you, but looking at how many games we could play... and the fact when we have rotated FatBelè, H, Toby and Son out of the side... we have looked absolute shite.

I'd say the streaky cunt could help us if purely just to keep Bale company on the bench on the off chance someone picks up a knock or we are 4 nill up with 20 mins to go...

I don't want him here any more than he actually wants to be here... but if its just a loan until the end of the season I think it'd be hard to turn down when you consider the amount of minutes we will have to ask these lads to churn out consistently.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Eriksen's time was up way before he actually left. We'd be spending big wages on a player that couldn't wait to get away from us..

Thanks but no thanks...and get rid of Bale too.....Then get Grealish.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I agree with all the above but I think we will need players...

That amount of games will throw up injuries and past those I mentioned were very thin on quality...

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
What happened to the Likely Lads, sorry no not them, I meant Sabitzer (from Leipzig)? He's good. Probably costs lots of money eh? lets get someone from Grimsby instead, they'll be much cheaper.....

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Maureen knows we need a big squad, we have a game every 3 days coming up soon. If Gedson wants to leave, that would be OK though.....perhaps after we've played Wycombe.